"AT LEAST PRETEND YOU ARE TRYING" PMSL

Ewok

Surely the players must look at this sort of stuff and think "My God! What the hell are we doing to this club?"

Young and Old supporters who bleed Red 'n Blue are hurting all over the country!

We are the club!

Pull your fingers out boys!

It was pathetic, and unfortunately I doubt it's not like it would have been a heat-of-the-moment comment, either.

it's true though...what about the last quarter goal from nathan thompson...he got a lucky bounce after it over went carroll which is unlicky but CJ just jogged slowly up towards him and had already raised the white flag...ANY member from a geelong or a kangaroos outfit would have gone for the smother and tried to stop the goal..

Surely the players must look at this sort of stuff and think "My God! What the hell are we doing to this club?"

My god you would hope so......

it's true though...what about the last quarter goal from nathan thompson...he got a lucky bounce after it over went carroll which is unlicky but CJ just jogged slowly up towards him and had already raised the white flag...ANY member from a geelong or a kangaroos outfit would have gone for the smother and tried to stop the goal..

I saw that 'effort' from CJ and nearly puked.

Sick, empty feeling in the guts.

More like I had just puked, actually.

That and a couple of other half-arsed moments from him today have ended my patience with him.

Makes a mockery of stats, because this was possibly his highest ever number of posessions but one of his weakest games (and there's been a few)

It was pathetic, and unfortunately I doubt it's not like it would have been a heat-of-the-moment comment, either.

Agree.

Its as much a slur on the supporters as it intends to be at the players. It achieves nothing and only draws to the attention to the naivety of the person who hung it on the fence.

There is a naive belief that the players dont care and are not hurting by whats happening on the ground.

At this time, you expect or hope spectators would be wanting to get behind the Club and support it not ridicule it.

I cant see how the banner supports the players and must make us supporters look a mockery when viewed by other teams.

No wonder we are generally ridiculed as going to Mt Buller in the winter. Very much downhill skiers.

P.S. I recall some years ago when Carlton lost a game at Princes Park and sealed their first wooden spoon, Carlton supporters surrounded the race as they came off and waved large wooden spoons at the players. Insulting, moronic and embarrassing. Looks like we are far away from it.

At least they were there! If everyone sat at home sucking their thumb praising them for "at least trying" we ain't going anywhere!

Not something I will be doing anytime soon, but good on 'em I say.

No wonder we are generally ridiculed as going to Mt Buller in the winter. Very much downhill skiers.

We are ridiculed for having no passion and accepting mediocrity. This if nothing else flys in the face of that for a change.

At least they were there! If everyone sat at home sucking their thumb praising them for "at least trying" we ain't going anywhere!

Not something I will be doing anytime soon, but good on 'em I say.

We are ridiculed for having no passion and accepting mediocrity. This if nothing else flys in the face of that for a change.

Its a pathetic effort especially when its the "supporters" ridiculing the players. I guess small things amuse small......

Its a pathetic effort especially when its the "supporters" ridiculing the players. I guess small things amuse small......

For too long MFC have overinflated the values of our "Stars", this simply conveys what we are feeling.

Its more than time that we have a culture that will not accept the crap that was served up again on the weekend.

For too long MFC have overinflated the values of our "Stars", this simply conveys what we are feeling.

Its more than time that we have a culture that will not accept the crap that was served up again on the weekend.

Whether supporters "accept" crap or not will make a single shred of difference as to how the team plays. Richmond supporters have never accepted anything their rubbish sides have dished up, and look where it has gotten them. Nowhere.

Whether supporters "accept" crap or not will make a single shred of difference as to how the team plays. Richmond supporters have never accepted anything their rubbish sides have dished up, and look where it has gotten them. Nowhere.

good on them....atleast these kids attempted to get through to the players. We have been saying lots through demonland, and I know the club checks here and demonology out. They obviously don't listen to us, so I hope they caught a brief glimpse of the banner....

WELL DONE to two passionate young supporters

good on them....atleast these kids attempted to get through to the players. We have been saying lots through demonland, and I know the club checks here and demonology out. They obviously don't listen to us, so I hope they caught a brief glimpse of the banner....

Sterling stuff that. Boy will the Club sit up an take notice now. Its to the credit that MFC does not take up most of the crap that gets posted on the internet.

A compelling exercise in futility and stupidity that achieves nothing.

Do you really think the current administration has that view? I would think its the opposite.

What do you think DB is doing with regard culture?

Do you think it will have gotten through to the players? Do you think they would be out on the field going "yep, some 16 year old twerp has put up a big banner. I'm definitely going to try much harder now!"

It defies logic that you could see this as constructive in any way. There's only two possible ways the players would react to this. The seasoned, thick skinned players would just dismiss it without giving it another thought. The more sensitive players might see it and want to ram it down the throat of the little shit who put it up. It's not that the players aren't trying, and it's utterly insulting to the players to suggest they're not. That's about the most simplistic view there is, and it's wrong.

I doubt these kids were looking to "get through" to the players anyway. More likely they were just seeking attention. Well it worked.