Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller

titan_uranus

Personally, I say he should have been played at CHF his whole career. Unfortunately, one good game against Barry Hall has meant a career of switching ends each week, to the point where he hasn't settled down in either. One thing that yesterday proved though is that he is not a defender. I feel as though we have wasted something in Miller.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing about yesteday actually was Brad actually kicked the ball .. it ws everyone else who handballed..lol

I think the salty air of TBO is a fine environment for Brad !!

The place for Brad Miller is in front of Fevola after hes been on the grog all night.

Show some respect for a bloke that actually has a dip for this club.

Miller belongs at CHF. There was a big space there at the MCG yesterday that Neitz, Newton and Robertson refuse to lead into. This is the reason sub-skilled players like Carroll are forced to chip the ball around half back.

Miller is the only player prepared to provide the hard lead and straighten us up.

By the way, do you really believe a person deserves to be urinated on? Is that the type of person you are? This board would be a better place without you.

I really do feel sorry for Brad Miller.

I think he has been played out of position for more than half his career.

He IS a CHF, and not a bad one when he is up and going.

One of the main reasons we were so indirect yesterday is because we had no focal point through which to channel our attacks. Brad is a lead-up CHF who provides a strong target.

I think it's time we all got off his back.

For f@#% sake!!

I really do feel sorry for Brad Miller.

I think he has been played out of position for more than half his career.

I think the reality is Brad has been played out of his League for most of his career !!

Miller belongs at CHF. There was a big space there at the MCG yesterday that Neitz, Newton and Robertson refuse to lead into. This is the reason sub-skilled players like Carroll are forced to chip the ball around half back.

Miller is the only player prepared to provide the hard lead and straighten us up.

Anyone else remember the semi final against Freo in 06, where Miller took 14 or so marks at CHF and gave us a target to kick to?

Show some respect for a bloke that actually has a dip for this club.

By the way, do you really believe a person deserves to be urinated on? Is that the type of person you are? This board would be a better place without you.

Miller belongs at CHF in the under 10's. That's the only place hes going to be a good CHF.

Your right though, it aint Millers fault he aint up to it. He tries but he shouldve been cut years ago.

And if you want to get worked up by every throwaway comment from frustrated Dees supporters then your gunna get pretty mad all year - obviously no1 deserves to get urinated on, but whether you like it or not, he is useless to the MFC. I am absoloutely staggered that this bloke, and Adem Yze are both in our 'leadership' group...

Guest Schtacker
Anyone else remember the semi final against Freo in 06, where Miller took 14 or so marks at CHF and gave us a target to kick to?

Yes I remember that game, the game against Hall, and about 2 others. His other 88 games stank worse than St.Kilda police station after KJ has just gone staggering by

If you people believe Miller or Carroll were the reason we played like we did yesterday wow you have a bigger problem

than the Melbournefc. The way the football came into there forward line was the problem.

Miller, Carroll and Bell were crucifide by there teamates as much if not more than there Hawk opponents.

At least these three guys were within a metre of there opponents most of the time and were beaten triing

unlike a lot of other players out there.

Yes I remember that game, the game against Hall, and about 2 others. His other 88 games stank worse than St.Kilda police station after KJ has just gone staggering by

Brad's in his 7th season at the club and as such you'd think we know something about his ability. It's way too late to be referring to his potential and by this time he should have actually cemented himself a position. Yesterday he started off kicking the ball but lapsed into the quick handball give, not necessarily to advantage. You can't teach an Old Dog. He has proven time and time again that he doesn't have the footy nous to play back. If he can get back to consistently contributing as a lead-up CHF well and good, otherwise he has no spot.

Brad Miller is never going to be a champion player.

The reality is that for the moment, he is covering a hole down back because Rivers is injured.

I'm a bit confused as to why people are picking on him for yesterday's results. He was one of 6 helpless defenders who received zero help from the midfield and had to deal with great delivery after great delivery. None of our backman disgraced themselves as far as I could see.

At least Miller was kicking the ball every time he had possession.

We have far far bigger problems than Brad Miller.

Leave Brad Miller at CHF or HFF along side Matty Bate.....I personally think both of them are strong leading forwards.

I think Brad has got what it takes and am disappointed at the level of unfair criticism he receives.

He has been played out of position for years and totally f***ed over by Daniher. I thought he ran and tried harder than most yesterday...

Give him a go in the fwd line DB and lets see what he is made off

Brad Miller is never going to be a champion player.

The reality is that for the moment, he is covering a hole down back because Rivers is injured.

I'm a bit confused as to why people are picking on him for yesterday's results. He was one of 6 helpless defenders who received zero help from the midfield and had to deal with great delivery after great delivery. None of our backman disgraced themselves as far as I could see.

At least Miller was kicking the ball every time he had possession.

We have far far bigger problems than Brad Miller.

Thank god you beat me to it Jaded, I am not sure I would have been so diplomatic, but I am well versed on this particular topic :angry: .........

But what you need to remember that to the learned minds around here everything that is wrong with the Melbourne Football Club is always Brad Miller's fault.

The funny thing is that Miller didn't even play that well in that game against Hall. If my memory serves me well, Hall still had about 5 scoring shots, but they were behinds or OOF. Hall had a bad day, and everyone gave Miller the credit.

He belongs at CHF or as a lead up man, unless Bate plays - in that case he is all but useless.

i'm sorry but NONE OF YOU can jump on the 'Miller is no good' bandwagon. Regular posters on demonland should know that I am the biggest Miller skeptic of all, but a skeptic implies that Miller has some positive attributes when in fact he has NONE. Some of you may know that I drove the 'Miller is crap wagon' 3 years ago and I got shot down by all of you...now look who comes craaaaaaaaaawwwwwwllllling back. Well ur not invited to jump on board my bangwagon now..its too later. Amateurs.

None of the three.

Thomastown reserves side.

How about Gold Coast. Then we would only have to put up with him another 2 years I believe or is that 3?? He is a nice bloke Brad , but looks disinterested to say the least . By the way he was far from our worst yday. Get him to play the hard nut style he did so well at 6 years ago or get him out. He is a Qld`er and is probably already thinkn about property in Burleigh Heads.

How about Gold Coast. Then we would only have to put up with him another 2 years I believe or is that 3?? He is a nice bloke Brad , but looks disinterested to say the least . By the way he was far from our worst yday. Get him to play the hard nut style he did so well at 6 years ago or get him out. He is a Qld`er and is probably already thinkn about property in Burleigh Heads.

maybe thats why we are holding onto him? by keeping him, we can lose him back to qland instead of one of our 'better' players. 'strong bodied KPP with leadership qualities'...i reckon we could sell him to the gold coast as captain material!

Miller has been used as our Mr fix it and it has wrecked him. He is a lead up CHF hard working honest player, no superstar, average at best that when played in his right position gives us a target through the middle and works his but off. Everybody raves about Craig Cameron and he is a recruiting gun, but since 2002 it was identified that we needed key position players a CHF and CHB this still hasn't been addressed. Rivers can play CHB but isn't suited against the bigger bodied forwards more suited to a zoning type and CHF Miller is the best we have.

Nathan Brown from the Pies keeps Pavlich to 1 goal our key defender from the same draft Frawley has shown nothing against tall forwards and hasn't really shown anything for me to think he will slot into a key defensive role. Time to back him so he can show us that he can.