Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Next week's selected team

joeboy

Pointless argument you make anyway, because Green will not be dropped regardless of what you say.

You will probably be right because I rate Bailey as much as I do Green it would be the type of gutless decision I would expect of the people pleasing Bailey but if he does drop Green (I would even be happy dropping Bruce or Davey but I think they have done more for the club than Green) I would have a lot more respect for him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A day has past and IMO this is the team to beat the Bulldogs

Bell Carroll Frawley

Petterd Rivers Bartram(gets Aka)

Green Mclean Buckley

Sylvia Miller Newton

Robertson Neitz Davey

PJ Jones McDonald(gets West)

White Moloney Morton Wheatley

In Sylvia Frawley Bartram Rivers

Out Yze, Bruce, Garland, Weetra

LOL @ everyone dropping Morton and Weetra

Two kids that had a dip and provided a contest at various stages.

Kudos to thos who dropped Cameron Bruce

I would not change the team at all. every so called leader in that team should be read the ``Fevola``. They should each receive a $10000 fine and be told if it happens again they will never play at the club ever again!!

Providing these players are fit, here is my team

B Frawley Carroll Whelan

HB Petterd Rivers Bell

C Dunn McLean Bruce

HF Sylvia Bate Bartram

F Davey Neitz Green

R Jones McDonald Johnson

INT Moloney Morton Buckley White

I have Bartram as a half foward to play a negating role on some like a Gilbee, to negate their run out of their backline. We could have used him on bateman,

You will probably be right because I rate Bailey as much as I do Green it would be the type of gutless decision I would expect of the people pleasing Bailey but if he does drop Green (I would even be happy dropping Bruce or Davey but I think they have done more for the club than Green) I would have a lot more respect for him.

I have been around this site for a while now but this is my first post.

To be honest, I'm fed up with demonlanders around here continuously bagging fantastic servants of the MFC such as Green, Bruce and White. Firstly, Green and Bruce are blokes that give 100% in every game that they're involved in...to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. They are not and have not ever been superstars, but all our supporters seem to blame them for everything that goes wrong around this club! Brad Green is a good kick, someone who puts his body on the line for the team, but he is not an exceptional athlete and he does not know how to find the ball like a Scotty West. He does NOT have exceptional talent and he gets the most out of himself as a footballer. What more can we ask of him than that?

As for Bruce he is clearly playing injured and has done for the last few years. Bruce is a midfielder and he needs to be played in the midfield! Makes sense doesnt it? Bruce would be in the top echelon of distance runners at our club... when he's fit we need to put him on the ball and let him run opposition players off their feet. Everyone here has got to understand that Bruce is recognised by the playing group as a leader of this club, someone who gives his all every week and is one of our best players.

Everyone around here is saying its curtains for Jeff White. Am I the only one to think he wasnt that bad yesterday? He got 28 hitouts! and we drew level in clearances..not a bad effort for a ruckman considering we got flogged. Sure his input around the ground was below par...no denying that...but one of the reasons for this was that we never got our game going! A ruckman's job is not to get his own ball but to provide a target and in his case be a link man. He had a bad game but in the context of his career and his last few years for the dees it was an aberration. Jeff White has been a great servant for us...he has played over 100 games in a row (an outstanding effort for a ruckman), and just recently i read on this site that he was considered by another afl player to be the 2nd best ruckman in the comp behind cox. And we are saying its time for him to retire? Are we serious? Good idea guys lets give Jamar another go because he has clearly shown to be of afl standard. Jeff White could easily play 5 more years as a second ruckman!!!!

As for the game yesterday, which I was at before you ask, it was a disgrace, no doubt about it. But putting all the blame on these players is ridiculous. We were shocking yesterday and i could only find a few positives: jones and mclean finding the footy, moloney getting through a full game seemingly unscathed and showing us what he can do when fit and cale morton. Cale Morton will be a superstar: quick, courageous, very skilful and awesome endurance. How can you justify dropping the kid? As for Weetra however he tried hard but is just not AFL standard yet and he needs to build some confidence down at Sandy. The same can be said for Garland. He is a long way away from where we need him to be unfortunately.

On to Buckley..he showed some promise at stages but i don't think he will ever make it. He has the pace but i don't think he has the necessary skill level and he seems to think hes still at vfl level at times where he'll take that step too many.

What can be said about Miller? Not good enough. He is not a defender - has played one good game in defence on Barry Hall a few years back. Bailey has to play him forward or get rid of him.

Newton was a massive disappointment yesterday, every time the ball is kicked long he tries to "do a Robbo" and invariably drops the mark. Newton pace was proven to be awful yesterday, on numerous occasions he should have won the ball. I dont think we can fit both him and Neita in the same side.

Robbo just didn't get a kick yesterday but at least he gives his all on the field and converts his chances which can't be said about most of our forwards today.

Can someone give Davey the ball? On a day when we desperately needed players to link up and run the ball out of defence where was he? The Hawks zoned off well but the way to beat this is through 'run and carry'!!!! Ironic isnt it? Maybe ND was on to something. After all the Hawks ran the ball out of defence and utilised handball well. Sure this was partly due to our non existant pressure at the ball but maybe this is something we need to try and replicate.

Changes for next week?

Well if I were the coach I would:

OUT:

Weetra - simply not ready, very raw and could become a player in time.

Garland - see Weetra

Petterd - was not good enough today..needs to build some confidence at Sandy

Yze - how can this guy be in the leadership group? prove me wrong ooze

Newton - show some committment

IN:

Rivers - replacing Garland

Dunn - why wasnt he in the side to begin with?

Bate - if fit

Sylvia - provide a contest which Yze can't do

Bartram - if hes right to go

There you go...plenty there for everyone to shoot me down on but thats my opinion and it sure felt good to let it out!

The season is not over.

A loss is a loss, no matter the score.

As a few have said, we lost the game before we started with that young team and awful defensive line-up.

Don't let the senior players off the hook by sending them out of the team; we'll get done again and they won't get their wake up call.

Green is a good player who needs to realise he is a senior player and he should kick it instead of handballing it to Buckley, Morton etc.

Bruce is a good player and is underdone, and lacking his usual arrogance on the field.

White is a good player who beat his opponent in the ruck but needs to work harder when his bloke runs off him.

Yze is a good player getting back into the swing of it off a flank in a team that got annihilated, another who needs to work harder.

Robertson is a good player playing in a pocket infront of midfielders who refuse to kick it to his advantage. His awful demeanour masks his value to the team.

Whether or not we move them out of the team when we are 2 - 10 or something, or delist/trade for youth at the end of the season, my argument is that we are a better team than -104 against a depleted Hawthorn.

Leave them in and put the pressure on them for Macca's 200th.

IN: Rivers, Batram, Dunn

OUT: Miller, Weetra, Garland

Anyone who thinks we can 'bolster' the side with the likes of Ben Holland needs a big cup of wake the F..K up.

I love Benny's efforts but we need to play they kids and hope like Christ those that show potential in their first 20 games don't end up overpaid powderpuffs like Bruce & Yze. Green and Robbo only just avoid that tag at the moment.

B - Bell, Carroll, Whelan

HB - Frawley, Rivers, Buckley

C - White*, Bruce*, Jones

Fol - J Mac*, McLean, Morton

HF - Davey, Miller*, Bate

F - Neitz*, Green*, Sylvia

Int - Martin, Meesen, Dunn, Newton*

Emer - Wheatley, Petterd, Maloney

Waiting in the wings - Bartram, Wonaeamirri, Valenti, Weetra, Robbo, Johnson, Jamar, Holland

* Players on notice, time to perform or make way for young blood

Ins

Frawley - Great looking athlete - time for him to have his chance

Whelan - When fit he is a natural match for speedy forward pocket players

Rivers - Future champion

Bate - See above

Sylvia - Make or break time

Martin - Looks to have height & athletecism on his side, needs to feel the pace of the big time

Meesen - Athletic ruck option, has pace to make it work

Dunn - Has the body and brain to keep up with the game

Outs

Garland - Not quite there yet

Weetra - See above

Maloney - Enough in and under players

Johnson - Big heart - no speed

Robbo - No heart - no speed - come back when you're fit

Yze - No heart, should sack him and promote Valenti from the rookie list

Petterd - Close but Whelan has him covered

Wheatley - Lots of huff n puff, but never a great result

It is a shame that Nathan Carroll has to pick up the Best forward each week. Ben Holland is not the answer. Given the list there is only Brad Miller and Jared Rivers with any height that can play down there. Clint Bartram and Matthew Whelan will add some run though. We have been deviod of a 'lead up 'CHF for years. Some one that demands the footy. Brisbane payers know where to kick the ball going forward - to Jonathon Brown!!! (now Travis can kick to him!!) Why don't Neitz and Robertson DEMAND the footy??? Matthew Bate will be a welcome inclusion this week if fit.

The most disappointing about last Sunday was the rhetoric given in the press conferences especially by the Captain. The footy club wants people to go to the games this year, well after that effort, playing better isnt good enough. They need to win. Nothing else should be tolerated. Coaching staff should get tough and get players back playing with arrogance of a few years ago!!!

Outs

Garland - Not quite there yet

Weetra - See above

Maloney - Enough in and under players

Johnson - Big heart - no speed

Robbo - No heart - no speed - come back when you're fit

Yze - No heart, should sack him and promote Valenti from the rookie list

Petterd - Close but Whelan has him covered

Wheatley - Lots of huff n puff, but never a great result

a) Moloney isn't an in an under player and b ) you're going to drop just about your best player on the w/end in Johnson?