Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade week results for Melbourne?

beeema22

Melbourne will gain

Meeson, Ryan Murphy, pick24

Melbourne will lose

Johnstone, Miller, pick 37

Trade 1- Johnstone+ Miller to Sydney for pick 11 and 43= pretty even. miller is worth pick 43, Johnstone is worth pick 11. miller doesnt fit into out structure any more. he is hopeless imo. johnstone for pick 11 is pretty fair, considering he is a class act when on fire. the problem is he's turning 28, and only turns in on about 6 times a year. thats just not good enough. time to cut our losses and go for youth.

Trade 2 - Meeson from Adelaide for pick 43= massive victory but we know we're ripping them off

Trade 3 - Pick 11+ pick 37 to Fremantly, for Ryan Murphy + pick 24= we gain a future star key forward. strong marking goal kicker. perfect replacement for Neitz who has onyl 1 season to go, and we cant put all our eggs in Juice. Murphey was a very high pick only 3 years back and he's well worth this trade.

Overall- we gain a future Ruck option post White, a future key forward post Neitz, and upgrade our 3rd rounder for a 2nd rounder.

We lose a shithouse footballer in Miller and a under performing 28 yrold (who admittedly will give quality service for Sydney, but is not what we need)

i wouldnt be so sure about Jamar signing until it actually happens buddy.

adelaide advertiser...firstly they could be bullshitting...

secondly, it seems logical that Cameron would pump up Jamar ("he's a required player...we want him to sign") to bump u his potential trade value

hopefully the dees trade a few players (eg - Jamar, Miller, TJ, ) for some draft picks and just use them solely for kids in the draft (with the exception of Meesen). My opinion only but we have a lot of older players on the list now that will finish in the next couple of years so maybe it is a good time to stock up on kids and start rebuilding. It has done Hawthorn and Port no harm at all. Bailey could start a new era of no-nonsense footy and get the kids playing his way. In the past we have topped up with players like Moloney and Pickett thinking that they will be the key to a certain extent. "Cream on top of our glorious list" Well it is obviously not working so bite the bullet and draft kids only for next 2 and see how we go. Something different for once instead of looking for a quick fix. we already have some great talent like McLean, bate, jones, Rivers, Newton, Sylvia. They have plenty left in them so lets start adding to them......Thoughts???

hopefully the dees trade a few players (eg - Jamar, Miller, TJ, ) for some draft picks and just use them solely for kids in the draft (with the exception of Meesen). My opinion only but we have a lot of older players on the list now that will finish in the next couple of years so maybe it is a good time to stock up on kids and start rebuilding. It has done Hawthorn and Port no harm at all. Bailey could start a new era of no-nonsense footy and get the kids playing his way. In the past we have topped up with players like Moloney and Pickett thinking that they will be the key to a certain extent. "Cream on top of our glorious list" Well it is obviously not working so bite the bullet and draft kids only for next 2 and see how we go. Something different for once instead of looking for a quick fix. we already have some great talent like McLean, bate, jones, Rivers, Newton, Sylvia. They have plenty left in them so lets start adding to them......Thoughts???

Moloney was far from a top up player.

He was part of the complicated deal, that got Ottens to Geelong(via our draft pick to Cats which was then given to Tigers), Stenglein to WC and Thompson to Adelaide.

At the time, Moloney was a highly rated and promising young midfeidler, who was a core part of the group that won the flag this year.

Unfortunately he has been crippled with injuries, which has left us the losers of that deal.

He was part of the deal, that got Ottens to Geelong(via our draft pick to Cats which was then given to Tigers), Stenglein to WC and Thompson to Adelaide.

At the time Moloney was a highly rated and promising young midfiedler who was a core part of the group that won the flag this year.

Unfortunately he has been crippled with injuries, which has left us the losers of that deal.

I believe we have only been losers so far. We saw in early 2005 what he can do with the ball, especially on the run, when fit. Don't forget he is still only 23 and if the time he spent out in the second half of this year has the desired effect, we should see alot more Moloney near his best in 08!

He was part of the deal, that got Ottens to Geelong(via our draft pick to Cats which was then given to Tigers), Stenglein to WC and Thompson to Adelaide.

At the time Moloney was a highly rated and promising young midfiedler who was a core part of the group that won the flag this year.

Beat me too it.

Beamer came to us very young 20-21 years old i think???? Had a great first year finishing 4th in the b&f and has been ravaged with injury the last couple of seasons, I hope he can shake the injury and get back to that form, i wouldn't consider him a write-off yet. I think our recruiting team did a very good job finding Beamer when we lost Thomspon, what has happened in the past 2 seasons isn't anyones fault.

I was far from having a shot at Moloney. He is an integral part of the team when firing... I am merely stating that i think the club should maybe head in a different direction. Draft kids and build a new era. But i do stand by the fact that the drafting of "established" players, whether they be good or not is just not working out for the dees unfortunately. So why not try something new :rolleyes: Besides... my son would kill me if i bagged Moloney :lol:

I was far from having a shot at Moloney. He is an integral part of the team when firing... I am merely stating that i think the club should maybe head in a different direction. Draft kids and build a new era. But i do stand by the fact that the drafting of "established" players, whether they be good or not is just not working out for the dees unfortunately. So why not try something new :rolleyes: Besides... my son would kill me if i bagged Moloney :lol:

At the time, we actually did pretty well with that trade. No one wanted to see Scott Thompson go, but due to underlying circumstances he wanted go home to Adelaide. So when we came out of it with Moloney, everyone was pretty happy with that deal.

Geelong were certainly reluctant to let any of their young players go, but they were desperate for a key foward, and Ottens certainly came up big for them this season.

Here's hoping that we can see some benefits of that trade in '08.

Nah you're right Heffernan, Moorcroft and Pickett types haven't been our answer. It's just a bit disappointing the draft is meant to be fairly shallow this year, makes it a bit of a risk to go loading up on picks like Hawthron did a few years back. Another top 10 would be nice though, anything outside that that I think probably wouldn't be worth doing. I think the targeting of Meesen is a step in the right direction, highly rated and still fairly raw, as was seen with McIntosh sometimes these guys take a while to come along. Fingers crossed he could turn out to be an equivalent of an extra first round pick to us in a few years time.

Nah you're right Heffernan, Moorcroft and Pickett types haven't been our answer. It's just a bit disappointing the draft is meant to be fairly shallow this year, makes it a bit of a risk to go loading up on picks like Hawthron did a few years back. Another top 10 would be nice though, anything outside that that I think probably wouldn't be worth doing. I think the targeting of Meesen is a step in the right direction, highly rated and still fairly raw, as was seen with McIntosh sometimes these guys take a while to come along. Fingers crossed he could turn out to be an equivalent of an extra first round pick to us in a few years time.

Yeah good ruckman are hard to find... and if we passed on Meesen who was a first round draft pick we would be insane. But apart from that what else can we do. In reality there arent that many first class players that are going to be available next week in the trade. Apart from Judd who else??? And we aint goin to get him. Like the players that have been named above (apart from 'Moloney' Jerry) Trading for 'senior' experienced players just aint working out. So unless we can get someone really worth while we just have to go with kids. Going on the past i wouldnt be surprised if we took Whitnall and gave away pick 20 for him...LOL :lol:

i wouldnt be so sure about Jamar signing until it actually happens buddy.

adelaide advertiser...firstly they could be bullshitting...

secondly, it seems logical that Cameron would pump up Jamar ("he's a required player...we want him to sign") to bump u his potential trade value

"poised to ink a new deal" doesn't mean a done deal!

Yeah good ruckman are hard to find... and if we passed on Meesen who was a first round draft pick we would be insane.

So was Heffernan. Players are ultimately judged on output not their draft position. WC rightly don't rate Josh Kennedy from Carlton who was pick 4. It means nothing.

That said, I'm not against Meesen. Never seen him.

Can I just point out some interesting and frustrating facts that may be lost at this point, even to Dees fans.

YEAR Rnd Pos W - L

2004 R.18 1st 14 - 4

2005 R.12 2nd 9 - 3

2006 R.18 3rd 12 - 6

Now I know that in 2005, Round 12 is hardly deep into the season but 2 of the last 4 years we have been in the top 4 with 4 rounds to go and we have blown it.

We don't need a rebuild, we don't need a new era, or whatever that means. What we need is a bit mental and testicular fortitude.

We are our own worst enemy when we are on top and flying, that is when we play our worst football.

Bailey has got the talent to get us in the top four, he just needs to work out a way of convincing that talent not to be so pleased with themselves just for getting there.

We are our own worst enemy when we are on top and flying, that is when we play our worst football.

Bailey has got the talent to get us in the top four, he just needs to work out a way of convincing that talent not to be so pleased with themselves just for getting there.

Your 100% right rpfc, i couldn't agree more. Almost every single season about Rd 12ish we are in terrific form and the media are saying that that we are contenders for the flag but for some reason though we seem to get way to far ahead of ourselves and string 5-6 losses in a row and end up just making the 8.

I hope Bails can teach the players especially the youngstars to not get ahead of themselves because it can be fustrating doing so well half the year and then giving it all away. Lets pray that it wont happen again.

i figure that aswell he was useless when he played for us and he is useless playing sydney bugger them they can keep him!

Jolly is not coming ot Melbourne. Jamar is not leaving MElbourne.

As for trapper and Millzy, anything could happen.

Once the Judd deal is done, the demons can start to play.

Once the Judd deal is done, the demons can start to play.

Explain why we will need to wait until this bollocks is done before we can take action? Is this perhaps mooting that maybe we are still a chance to get Juda$ and wouldn't want to fire our cannons too early, lest we miss a chance at the big prize?

whether anyone likes it or not ...the exact lay of the land as much as who actually has whatpicks..or onforwardingplayers etc wont be finished til this goes through. Some will say...well why wait just get on with whatever deals you can. To some degree this can and wil be done where it doesnt effect the bigger picture , otherwise any possibly involved club will want to try to ride the coat-tails of the Judd deal if they can and better their trading.

So like it or not ,this IS the pre-eminent deal of the week and much will flow afterwards

WCE will take pick 3, a player and some other pick , whether its pick 20 or a bettered option through trading.