Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller To Swans

The Fergburger

DESPITE an ordinary two seasons, Melbourne key-position player Brad Miller has become a target for Sydney.

Swans coach Paul Roos yesterday acknowledged interest in the 24-year-old who is out of contract with the Demons.

"We've had preliminary discussions with Melbourne and it'll probably start to heat up a bit now," Roos said.

Miller has played with success at both centre half-forward and centre half-back, but Roos said he was looking at Miller as another tall-forward option.

Melbourne list manager Craig Cameron said he was aware of Sydney's interest, but declared Miller a required player.

"We've offered him a two-year contract and we're waiting for a reply," Cameron said. "We really rate him as a person with great leadership qualities and we want him to stay."

Miller has played 31 senior games out of a possible 46 for the Demons over the past two years. The Swans have yet to make an offer to Melbourne in exchange for Miller.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...42-2722,00.html

If Miller Does go, which he probably will what should we get in exchange for him?

hopefully - Miller + TJ for Pick 11 + Buchanon. (that would be ideal but is unlikely)

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap!

Well this is just... Um...

Holy CRAP!

There's another team that wants him? I kind of understand that Roos saw him at his best when he played on Hall, but still...

I'm fascinated by CAC's response that he's a required player. If we could get Buchanon that'd be great, but we'd have to give too much in terms of picks as a sweetener.

I'm not happy losing 6 years of development in a KPP just to get pick 11 in a shallow draft. We'll probably end up with another Miller, only in his teens.

This'll be an interesting one.

Holy crap!

Holy CRAP!

There's another team that wants him? I kind of understand that Roos saw him at his best when he played on Hall, but still...

I'm fascinated by CAC's response that he's a required player. If we could get Buchanon that'd be great, but we'd have to give too much in terms of picks as a sweetener.

I'm not happy losing 6 years of development in a KPP just to get pick 11 in a shallow draft. We'll probably end up with another Miller, only in his teens.

And there's more

"Roos said the Swans also had an interest in Geelong's out-of-contract midfielder Kane Tenace and Brisbane defender/midfielder Justin Sherman, who is contracted to the Lions for another two years."

"Roos said Sydney would be "leaning to keeping" its first pick in the national draft at No11 overall."

"Melbourne is trying to off-load 2005 best-and-fairest winner Travis Johnstone for the right deal. So far, there have been no takers for the 1997 No1 national draft selection."

No takers for TJ? wtf

surely u joking right.

miller has shown in the last 2 years that he is not the answer to any of our key position problems.

as a key defender, he is probably the worst in the afl. he is all at sea. what makes it even more rediculous is how hall demolished miller this year when we played the swans.

as a key forward we know he can lead hard and mark. but he has no footy brain, and consitently dishes off these shitty handballs that do nothing. his posessions are useless, and considering he consistently gets the ball around 80m from goal (the most important place to receive the ball on the ground), this is inexcusable.

also, he does not kick goals. full stop.

if we can't trade him, he should be delisted. Bate, Dunn and Newton are all much better options at CHF. Bate especially is just a class act and shines in all of Miller's weaknesses.

if we get pick 27 for him, id be stoked. we can use it to get some good talent. there will still be plenty of it at 27 in this years draft.

if we chuck in johnstone and get pick 11 (maybe add buchanan), then we will be abstolutely stoked!

pick11 in this draft is awesome (there are about 11 standouts) and we should go all out to get this pick.

miller should be offloaded for anything we can get.

after 6 seasons we know what he can do, and he will never become a star. he is an average footballer

Holy crap!

Holy CRAP!

What else is he gonna say he's a piece of crap if you want him you can have him?

ok so we draft miller at pick 55, he proves he is a dud, and we get pick 27 for him? i'll be reasonably happy. i'll also be happy if he comes on at sydney because its obviously a lot between the ears down here.

im surprised we have declared him a required player, hopefully we're just playing hardball...

Ive said it for a while. Melbourne do not want to get rid of Miller.

As said, they have offered him a contract, if he walks in today and signs it, its over.

It's in his court not the clubs, if he wants to go play for Sydney he will be traded. You don't really offer contracts unless you want them at the club.

"Melbourne is trying to off-load 2005 best-and-fairest winner Travis Johnstone for the right deal. So far, there have been no takers for the 1997 No1 national draft selection."

No takers for TJ? wtf

So we are trying to get rid of the most talented player on our list, but when it comes to Brad 'Dud' Miller, we want to give him a 2 year contract???

If they are trying to get more out of Sydney, i hope it doesn't bloody backfire.

Hopefully they are waiting for Sydney to offer pick 11 and Buchanan for both Frosty and TJ !!!

Any player with any potential should not be off loaded IMO as I have felt for a long time that we were not effective enough in developing the players that we currently have.

Not that I am expecting Bailey to become a miracle worker, but I'd rather he has a crack with what we have first before we go dismantling the entire list!!!!

Miller should stay. He is not a dud player. He has talent, is aggressive, strong, and shows leadership, but like many footballers is a confidence player, and has had a couple of average seasons.

Why throw him out? So we can go and "speculate" in the draft with the late pick we get for him, and pick up some kid who will take even longer to develop, if they do show anything at all?

If Miller had showed nothing, then fair enough..........but he has played good football for the club at different stages, and was our best player in a losing final against Freo last year.

Work ethic isn't a problem for Miller, so the desire is there. I think that with some fine tuning, and playing under a different game plan, Miller can turn things around, and quite clearly so does the club if they want to keep him.

Would love to see if Bailey can turn around Miller's career, but is it worth the risk?

Rather lay him off while we can still get something for him. If he signs a two year deal and then shows no developement, we'll have a dud on our list for a further two years.

If they offer a quality water boy/girl for Miller, take it. Offload the lightweight while he has any form of currency.

I am highly surpirsed that CAC and obviously Bailey see greater things for Frosty..... From what Ive seen he is not a CHF's a$$h0le (IMO) and a worse Key backman.

I will also be first in line to admit I am wrong if it comes to fruition but IMO this smacks of amateur list management.

"required player " thats right up there with a club being 100% behind a coach !! lol

sounds more like posturing to me.. ( well hopefully )

I see great things also for Miller..... I see travel...and........

am very happy that some think Miller has talent.. hopefully Sydney agree with you enough to release someone like Buchanan who really does !!

what ever Miller is.. he hasnt shown to be of any use to us...and thats all that matters from a Melbourne perspective.. so when ajudicating on the qaulities or otherwise of frosty ask.. does he make any difference or impact on a footy ground in red and blue ?

I think he doesnt... so am happy to trade him for someone who might !!

I think we are all forgetting the state of our KPPs.

Who have we got left for some depth?

Ferguson is gone from all reports, Neita has a year, so does Dutchy if he gets one... Even if Miller is only a depth player, it is better than having no insurance policy with our talls.

Of course, for a good deal, he'll be traded. Would be great if we could swap him and TJ for pick 11, but there is no way that's going to happen.

Also, the reason there is no interest in TJ is because we are probably asking for a first round pick, or something similar. If we said we'll trade him for any price, 15 clubs will come knocking.

just opened the mfc website and the headline that jumped out at me is "2008 is Miller Time" WTF? Couldn't be bothered reading it........

Wow. Marked in front of an Irishman who had 3 arms. Miller def. a Keeper. :rolleyes:

In Dean i trust.

Its Miller Time for sure.....all froth and bubble and not much else !!!! :D

In all likely hood 2008 will be a development year... Miller aint developing any more!! thats just what is !!!! rather give the the time effort ( and money ) to bring someone else on.

"required player " thats right up there with a club being 100% behind a coach !! lol

sounds more like posturing to me.. ( well hopefully )

I see great things also for Miller..... I see travel...and........

"required player " is my definition of football politics. Given that he's uncontracted, if CAC stated that he's on the market, the player feels unloved, and could put himself in the PSD. MFC get nothing for him.

TJ on the otherhand is contracted, hence no problem in saying that he's on the table.