Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Soccer thread

45HG

Guest Graham Gaunt
Cheers. What do you think of your new manager?

HT - his English is better than Scolari's and he seems a hard nut. Those that played under him at AC says he commands respect in the dressing room and wont put up with the big egos. Ballack and Drog may be in for a seeing to.

GG

Greetings Fielders - Prem Update:

Ribery now Odds on to join Liverpool. Meanwhile Jermaine Pennantentury Out to some carp club in Spain called Zaragoza. Rafa Benitez calls Gareth Barry a Gold digger - no surprise there. Gerrard signs until 2013. Fabio Aurelio could be out of action for six months through injury.

Sunderland favourites to sign Giraffe Couch for £12M.

Barcelona - looking the goods to land Cesc Fabregas from Arsenhole.

GG

And Megson is after any terrible championship hack who's name he can pronounce.

Guest Graham Gaunt
And Megson is after any terrible championship hack who's name he can pronounce.

Dont worry 84 - Ginger Mourinho knows the drill. Just try and keep the boat steady around the middle of the table and wait for the others to get squeaky bum time come March.

Cant wait for this season to get started, Transfer market a little quiet. I suppose the City folk are scaring a few off! Someone makes an offer andthey get blown outta the water by the city chequebook.

Transfer round up:

Bolton have confirmed the loan signing of West Brom defender Paul Robinson. Bolton have been chasing the full-back all summer as Gary Megson looks to bolster his defence.

Porto defender Bruno Alves admits he is tempted by a move to the Premier League with Chelsea said to be chasing the highly-rated defender.

Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will not spend any more money this summer. The Manchester United boss has just been in a press conference to introduce his new signings.

GG

One good player we are in for is Zat Knight who would be a good partner for Cahill

Still hope we get Valeso, and I hope that Elmander can get fit this season and start banging the goals in.

The Ginger Mourinho needs to show the players how to pass to a team mate who is only 2 feet away :)

Guest Graham Gaunt
One good player we are in for is Zat Knight who would be a good partner for Cahill

Still hope we get Valeso, and I hope that Elmander can get fit this season and start banging the goals in.

The Ginger Mourinho needs to show the players how to pass to a team mate who is only 2 feet away :)

Indeed mate. Bolton Wanderers so far so quiet but Megson is confident he will have signed three new players before the end of the week. South Korean starlet Lee Chung-yong, Aston Villa's Zat Knight and Swansea midfielder Ferrie Bodde are reportedly in the final stages of negotiations and are expected to sign deals in the coming days. Thus far

Ins: Sean Davis (Portsmouth, free), Paul Robinson (West Brom, loan)

Outs: Blerim Dzemaili (Torino, undisc), Rob Sissons, Nathan Woolfe, James Sinclair (all released)

Other news:

The Man City spending spree continues. Fanfare as Tevez arrived yesterday and now Mark Hughes has said publically re JT - "We would like to think we could offer John Terry a different challenge." PLus CITY are on the brink of a £25m swoop for Emmanuel Adebayor. The Gooners are tired of his hissy fits anyway. He'll need a new work permit as well.

FULHAM will launch an £11million raid for Peter Crouch if they can offload Bobby Zamora. Striker Zamora is on his way out and Hull are ready to move for him in a £6m switch. This is growing some legs in the media now.

DAVID BECKHAM has opened the door for a dramatic return to the Premier League from LA Galaxy where he's been given a spray from one of the top players who called him lazy and selfish.

GG

DAVID BECKHAM has opened the door for a dramatic return to the Premier League from LA Galaxy where he's been given a spray from one of the top players who called him lazy and selfish.

GG

I believe it was Landon Donovan, USA's best.

Guest Graham Gaunt

Todays Transfer gos:

Tottenham have confirmed the signings of Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker from Sheffield United.

West Ham have confirmed the signing of Frank Nouble from Premier League rivals Chelsea.

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Bjorn Helge Riise from Norwegian side Lillestrom on a three-year contract. (Brother of John Arne Risse)

Arsene Wenger has admitted that defender Philippe Senderos could leave the club this summer.

City Fans taking the Michael - have put a giant poster in the City Centre with a Pic of Tevez saying - WELCOME TO MANCHESTER

JT's future up in the air. Todays Mail says City will offer him £1M per month pay deal. Chelsea will go no higher than £150K p/w so nooneknows. He is expected to go public in the next 48hrs.

Martin Skrtel Hammy means he will miss the start of the season and Alonso is still on the hotlists of European clubs even though Carragher has urged the club to re-sign him.

Sky says - Manchester United have confirmed that they have completed the signing of striker Mame Biram Diouf from Norwegian club Molde FK.

Phew - GG

JT's future up in the air. Todays Mail says City will offer him £1M per month pay deal. Chelsea will go no higher than £150K p/w so nooneknows. He is expected to go public in the next 48hrs.

Do you want JT to stay?

Guest Graham Gaunt
Do you want JT to stay?

Yes mate - we dont need the coin. So I hope he stays.

Today:

Spurs in all kinds of bother - CROCKED are:

Ledley King, Jonathan Woodgate AND Michael Dawson, forcing Spurs boss Redknapp to switch his transfer market attention to defenders instead of strikers.

If you want to watch this game against Barca online - you will find it here around midnight = http://atdhe.net/index.html

PHIL BROWN is ready to throw Wizard of Oz Mark Viduka a Premier League lifeline with Hull.

Hitman Viduka, 33, has been contemplating retirement since his release by relegated Newcastle at the end of last season.

Ji Sung Park has commited to a new 4 year Deal with United. "Park Park wherever you may be - you eat dogs in your own country!"

Adebayor revealed the decision to join City was made easier after the Gunners faithful turned on him. He said: "The way the fans behaved towards me was not nice at all. I can't understand why they were after me."

Really - I am a Blue and I can!

Bugger all else set in stone right now - all runour stuff is off the mark. Including Crouch back to the KOP>

GG

Guest Graham Gaunt

Monday Update:

JT has broken his silence and Confirmed he will be staying at Chelsea and was never in doubt.

Meanwhile City are set to make a £14M bid for Kolo Toure from Arsenal.

Tottenham should do a deal with Pompey today for around £13M to land Peter Crouch. Celtic beat Spurs 2-0 at Wembley yesterday in a plastic cup final. Gilberto's 18-month spell with Tottenham has come to an end after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

Sky says Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa could make a £4.5million return to Real Madrid in the next few days, according to the player's agent. Rafa Benitez has held talks with Real Madrid target Xabi Alonso and has urged the midfielder to stay at Anfield.

Thats all for now....

ONLY 19 DAYS TO GO!

GG

Thanks for the updates GG, they're very much appreciated.

3 of the big 4 could be in for interesting seasons, though I think Owen can still be a quality player at United.

Would anyone want Keane? Would we be interested in getting rid of him?

Guest Graham Gaunt
Thanks for the updates GG, they're very much appreciated.

3 of the big 4 could be in for interesting seasons, though I think Owen can still be a quality player at United.

Would anyone want Keane? Would we be interested in getting rid of him?

My pleasure pal - I'm on the ground here so it's easier than you think.

3 of the 4 yes. Gooners looking sicker by the day. Owen will be crocked with injury inside the first 4 weeks of the season - marks me words!!

Keane still up to it - if he goes it'll be the SPL = Celtic or someone like Galatasaray in Turkey.

BREAKING NEWS IS:

THAT SPURS CANNOT AGREE ON A FEE FOR CROUCH WITH POMPEY. WAGES ARE FINE THOUGH.

THEY MAY GO INFOR HUNTELAAR AT REAL MADRID INTEAD FOR £14-£15m.

GG

Edited by Graham Gaunt

My pleasure pal - I'm on the ground here so it's easier than you think.

3 of the 4 yes. Gooners looking sicker by the day. Owen will be crocked with injury inside the first 4 weeks of the season - marks me words!!

Keane still up to it - if he goes it'll be the SPL = Celtic or someone like Galatasaray in Turkey.

BREAKING NEWS IS:

THAT SPURS CANNOT AGREE ON A FEE FOR CROUCH WITH POMPEY. WAGES ARE FINE THOUGH.

THEY MAY GO INFOR HUNTELAAR AT REAL MADRID INTEAD FOR £14-£15m.

GG

Great updates GG.

18 days out, where do you see the Big 4's EPL title hopes? Will it be Chelsea and Man U that fight it out again, or will Arsenal and Liverpool pull their fingers out and improve? Or will Villa or some other crack the Big 4 this season?

Is there room for so many ego's on the field at Chelsea?

Gunners could really struggle without ade up front. they better hope eduardo stays fit. they're crying out for a decent defensive mid.

Manu

Liverpool

Chelsea

Manc

Gunners

Everton

Spurs

Villa

For mine...

Guest Graham Gaunt
Great updates GG.

18 days out, where do you see the Big 4's EPL title hopes? Will it be Chelsea and Man U that fight it out again, or will Arsenal and Liverpool pull their fingers out and improve? Or will Villa or some other crack the Big 4 this season?

Is there room for so many ego's on the field at Chelsea?

Of Course pal - Ancelotti wont tolerate egos and spats. We are favourites this year if you listen to the Media. I dont.

Gooners are Gonners so yes someone can pinch 4th. Villa without Barry - just dunno. Spurs worry me with lack of depth and too many players regularly crocked with injury and I aint sure City trying to build a dream team will gel that quickly.

Maybe a year for the smokies. Fulham and West Ham both smart sides and managed well as is Sunderland under Bruce. The newbies will find it tough for sure. Hull and Stoke City will play every game looking for a point. So Who knows but cant wait.

Todays wrap:

THE SUN - CHINESE TAKE AWAY - DARREN BENT'S Tottenham career ended in a bizarre airport drama last night.

The striker was forced off a plane about to take off for the club's trip to China when his £15million move to Sunderland got a last-minute go-ahead. Bent was already in his seat and needed his bags retrieved from the aircraft's hold. He and Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will now hold talks today.

Crouch to Spurs - who knows what he's capable of along side old pal Defoe? He couldnt make the flight for the Barclays Asia trophy in time will join them for trining next week.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...e-takeaway.html

Rumour Mill:

Lucas Neill is expected to make a decision on his future within the next 48 hours after failing to agree a new deal at West Ham United. - POSSIBLE Galatasaray with Harry Kewell next season.

Phil Brown is confident Hull City's bid to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora in a £5million deal is 'very much alive'.

Patrick Vierra to Spurs? - couldnt see it happening regardless of what Redknapp says.

GG

Thanks for the updates GG

As a fellow blues supporter, was just wondering whether you think our current squad is good enough to win the premier league. I think we've made a few good purchases and have held on to our stars and our good squad players. Do you think we need anyone else? I was hoping maybe we could pinch a Villa/Pato/Aguero for a great striking trio, but i think with Anelka and Drogba up front with J. Cole/Zhirkov/Malouda on the wings we should be alright, and during ACN we can give Sturridge a game with Di Santo also available. What do you think?

Guest Graham Gaunt
Thanks for the updates GG

As a fellow blues supporter, was just wondering whether you think our current squad is good enough to win the premier league. I think we've made a few good purchases and have held on to our stars and our good squad players. Do you think we need anyone else? I was hoping maybe we could pinch a Villa/Pato/Aguero for a great striking trio, but i think with Anelka and Drogba up front with J. Cole/Zhirkov/Malouda on the wings we should be alright, and during ACN we can give Sturridge a game with Di Santo also available. What do you think?

No Probs CTB. August is the month that can make or break a season, so if we get off to a flyer - you'd say that we're a real show.

We dont need anyone else right now. Carlo has siad he will play both Le Sulc and Drog up front. Not to mention A Shevchenko is back in the squad and finally fit back from AC.

Di Santo rumoured to join Blackburn on season loan this morning. Our Midfielders are key to success. fit lamps and Essien in back and front and it's dangerous combo for sure. Mikel nice back up as Malouda in the floating guts role.

I've always rated Joey Cole. The Backs with Terry and Alex going hard with Ashley Cole on the Left and Boswinga on the right should give us plenty of goal stopping power. It's all down to injuries i reckon.

Today

I see that Man U will be without Owen Hargreaves until Xmas as he's crocked again - other knee.

Hull City's Michael Turner attracting interest from Spurs willing to pay a substantial fee plus Pascal Chimbonda.

This is growing real legs - Joleon Lescott is set to join Manchester City as Mark Hughes's spending spree continues. Toure is expected to complete a £14million switch from Arsenal in the next 24 hours, with Everton's Lescott poised to join him.

Bolton boss Gary Megson is ready to offload Nicky Hunt following a pre-season of squad rebuilding.

Alonso rumours just wont go away. I really dunno what'sgoing to happen here. The Kop owners have just refinanced so maybe he's hanging out for some extra coin?

THat's all for now.

GG

Gilberto's 18-month spell with Tottenham has come to an end after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

Never in doubt. I was there for the tie against Spartac Moscow at White Heart and he was dragged at half time after two goals were scored from some glaring mistakes.

Guest Graham Gaunt

Sir Bobby Robson has died aged 76 after a long battle with Cancer. His passing has far reaching sentiment beyond here in England. His work for Barca and PSV in bringing silverware to their trophy cabinets as well as training his Apprentice Jose Mourhino and touching the hearts of England fans in world cup football. Geordies and Brummies at WBA also in Morning today.

Other news from GG:

I paid all my bills this month and realised I had no money left. The cheque book was empty.......

Not so at Man City. Still looking to spend and it's getting ridiculous. Why dont they just buy Newcastle United so they can run an A team in the championship and rotate this all star squad of theirs. The Toon are for sale - LOCK STOCK all for £100M. Phew less than what they've spent on transfers already...

Spurs win Barclays Asia trophy 3-0 over hull. 2 to Robbie Keane.

Wenger says that bringing Patrick Vierra back to the Gooners is a real possibility.

Rumour has it Alsonso could still go to Real with a player/cash dealwith the KOP. Huntelaar's name comesto mind.

That's all for today - good weekend.

GG

The Toon are for sale - LOCK STOCK all for £100M. Phew less than what they've spent on transfers already...

i'm a toon 'fan' (bandwagon 96/97, Shearer,etc..), and if i had a spare 100mil i would not touch them with a 10 foot pole..

the club is cursed. simple as that..

It is pretty amusing to think that Albert Luque was worth 1/10th of the clubs total value though... :lol: