Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


What They Are Saying At Victoria Park


Lucifers Hero

Recommended Posts

Had to wade through 20 pages on bf which was mainly bs about Collingwood, their changes and how to stop DeGoey going overseas and getting into more strife.  Have omitted all that rubbish.

Anyone would think they didn’t have a game coming up.  I’ve left out all the unsavoury comments about Oliver.

  • Carlton aren’t a great overlap side. They kept kicking straight to melbs zone defence. I think we are much better at providing run and overlap, and can exploit the dees using this
  • Coxzilla to put on a clinic in a massive game at the G. Loves the big occasion in front of the parents at the G does big Coxy!
  • So... Did Viney get looked at by the MRP or nah?
  • The key as always v Melbourne is to keep May and Lever busy and avoid kicking down the line to them
  • The Dees forward line is completely dysfunctional.  Our defensive system should make a mess of them.
  • This is a danger game for us, if Melbourne bring their best.
  • The game before the mid season is always a challenge - feels like this looms as a danger game for me with players thinking about the week off. I'm sure Fly and the coaches will manage expectations within the playing group but some real challenges around selection this week
  • It’s a bit unsettling as the past few years we’ve been the underdogs against this lot but this time we’ll be clear favs. They couldnt have been less impressive friday night but I’ve already seen in the media it’s their “mid year GF”. Seriously can these minnow clubs give us a rest from their manufactured pump up games
  • I think it was clear we weren’t running on all cylinders the past 2 weeks whether that was intentional or not. Time to get the “All duck and no dinner” anger back out again
  • Would be nice to make it harder for them to make top 4 as well, if we are top 2, the more interstate sides that finish top 4 the better
  • I don’t think we’ll select a side to match Melbournes forwardline.  More likely we’ll select our best back 7 and force Melbourne to adapt to that. If they go in undersized they’ll struggle with any long ball in the fifty.
  • Gawn, Oliver & Petracca had the ball on a string last time we played them, and we still beat them. Not too worried about this game, Melbourne are our bunnies
  • Be afraid everyone, Grundy has asked for the first bounce
    • Woohoo! First clearance to the Magpies
    • Might forget who he plays for and tap it straight to Pendles
  • Irrespective of the Ins and Outs this week, based on recent form and Melbourne's woeful performance last week, we should easily account for the Demons.
  • Yeah, I watched bits of that game and both sides were garbage.  Melbourne were only slightly better than Carlton.
  • Melbourne will be all huff and puff for the first 10 minutes and then we'll just smash them
  • Pies to once again, make Lever and May redundant as we always do. Miochek to kick 4. Pies by 17.
  • Lippa is a good in, but let's not build him up to be Chris Judd.
  • Have no idea on the ins, only thing I know definitely is that I can't wait to beat Melbourne.
  • Up there in my top three most despised clubs predominately due to their supporters!

 

My Favourite, sort of:

  • I tipped Melbourne by 20pts in my Tipping

 

This has been the most ungracious lot of opp comments I have come across since Essendon.  Not one ounce of respect.  Anyone would think they are the recent premiers!  I so desperately want us to beat them.  Wipe the smile off their sneering faces. 

Importantly we need to break the string of losses vs them before we meet them in the finals. Get a bit of the psychological edge back.

Reckon, we have this!!  Dees by a heart-stopping 9 points!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 10
  • Clap 3
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I waded through Nick's footy and not much better there either, was hoping for something funny.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

I waded through Nick's footy and not much better there either, was hoping for something funny.

Totally lacking in humour on bf.

Most clubs offer something to giggle about!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leaving aside the comments about the dees, you'd reckon they'd talk a bit more about the impact of their outs.

Demonland would be if we were missing players of the quality of de Goey and Sidebottom, not to mention players like Mcstay, Elliot, mcreery and hoskin-elliot under an injury cloud.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, binman said:

Leaving aside the comments about the dees, you'd reckon they'd talk a bit more about the impact of their outs.

 

Maybe the Woods fans writing about the game can't read..........

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Lol Coxzilla.

As if their game against the Blues was any better a couple of weeks back. It was Pies 8.5 to Carlton 6.13 after quarter time. 

They have been winning but their recent performances have been fairly ordinary vs bottom of the ladder sides:  Sydney, Giants, Carlton, North and Eagles.  At least we have had some good testing games vs Suns, Port, Freo and Carlton.

They get a lot of drive from Sidebottom and DeGoey and while they have good depth it will be difficult to cover both.  They also have to integrate a range of players from recent injuries, managing and suspension.  We are a lot more settled.

  • Like 4
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, binman said:

Leaving aside the comments about the dees, you'd reckon they'd talk a bit more about the impact of their outs.

Demonland would be if we were missing players of the quality of de Goey and Sidebottom, not to mention players like Mcstay, Elliot, mcreery and hoskin-elliot under an injury cloud.

They did to some extent across 15 pages of bf!!.  I left them out as they were boring and were firmly convinced the ins would get the job done.

I don't think they will!.  Lipinski for one is yet to play a game this year and will be underdone.

If people want to read all the bs:  changes-pre-match-discussion-round-13-vs-melbourne

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

They did to some extent across 15 pages of bf!!.  I left them out as they were boring and were firmly convinced the ins would get the job done.

I don't think they will!.  Lipinski for one is yet to play a game this year and will be underdone.

Won't help their running game much if lupinski is under done.

On outs, we have really missed petty. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

They have been winning but their recent performances have been fairly ordinary vs bottom of the ladder sides:  Sydney, Giants, Carlton, North and Eagles.  At least we have had some good testing games vs Suns, Port, Freo and Carlton.

They get a lot of drive from Sidebottom and DeGoey and while they have good depth it will be difficult to cover both.  They also have to integrate a range of players from recent injuries, managing and suspension.  We are a lot more settled.

Sidebottom always runs amok against us and DeGoey is their best player imo. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Sidebottom always runs amok against us and DeGoey is their best player imo. 

As does Maynard.  There were reports to day that he is ill and other players have been unwell this week.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

What do they despise about us? Our civility and dental hygiene?

Their idea of Dental Hygiene is Drinking a litre of Listerine with a Metho Chaser!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to What They Are Saying At Victoria Park

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

No player's parents get mentioned more in the game right now than Mason Cox's. For reasons I can't explain.

Last weekend that carlton players mum was all over the tv

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Had to wade through 20 pages on bf which was mainly bs about Collingwood, their changes and how to stop DeGoey going overseas and getting into more strife.  Have omitted all that rubbish.

Anyone would think they didn’t have a game coming up.  I’ve left out all the unsavoury comments about Oliver.

  • Carlton aren’t a great overlap side. They kept kicking straight to melbs zone defence. I think we are much better at providing run and overlap, and can exploit the dees using this
  • Coxzilla to put on a clinic in a massive game at the G. Loves the big occasion in front of the parents at the G does big Coxy!
  • So... Did Viney get looked at by the MRP or nah?
  • The key as always v Melbourne is to keep May and Lever busy and avoid kicking down the line to them
  • The Dees forward line is completely dysfunctional.  Our defensive system should make a mess of them.
  • This is a danger game for us, if Melbourne bring their best.
  • The game before the mid season is always a challenge - feels like this looms as a danger game for me with players thinking about the week off. I'm sure Fly and the coaches will manage expectations within the playing group but some real challenges around selection this week
  • It’s a bit unsettling as the past few years we’ve been the underdogs against this lot but this time we’ll be clear favs. They couldnt have been less impressive friday night but I’ve already seen in the media it’s their “mid year GF”. Seriously can these minnow clubs give us a rest from their manufactured pump up games
  • I think it was clear we weren’t running on all cylinders the past 2 weeks whether that was intentional or not. Time to get the “All duck and no dinner” anger back out again
  • Would be nice to make it harder for them to make top 4 as well, if we are top 2, the more interstate sides that finish top 4 the better
  • I don’t think we’ll select a side to match Melbournes forwardline.  More likely we’ll select our best back 7 and force Melbourne to adapt to that. If they go in undersized they’ll struggle with any long ball in the fifty.
  • Gawn, Oliver & Petracca had the ball on a string last time we played them, and we still beat them. Not too worried about this game, Melbourne are our bunnies
  • Be afraid everyone, Grundy has asked for the first bounce
    • Woohoo! First clearance to the Magpies
    • Might forget who he plays for and tap it straight to Pendles
  • Irrespective of the Ins and Outs this week, based on recent form and Melbourne's woeful performance last week, we should easily account for the Demons.
  • Yeah, I watched bits of that game and both sides were garbage.  Melbourne were only slightly better than Carlton.
  • Melbourne will be all huff and puff for the first 10 minutes and then we'll just smash them
  • Pies to once again, make Lever and May redundant as we always do. Miochek to kick 4. Pies by 17.
  • Lippa is a good in, but let's not build him up to be Chris Judd.
  • Have no idea on the ins, only thing I know definitely is that I can't wait to beat Melbourne.
  • Up there in my top three most despised clubs predominately due to their supporters!

 

My Favourite, sort of:

  • I tipped Melbourne by 20pts in my Tipping

 

This has been the most ungracious lot of opp comments I have come across since Essendon.  Not one ounce of respect.  Anyone would think they are the recent premiers!  I so desperately want us to beat them.  Wipe the smile off their sneering faces. 

Importantly we need to break the string of losses vs them before we meet them in the finals. Get a bit of the psychological edge back.

Reckon, we have this!!  Dees by a heart-stopping 9 th

Their loss record aginst us in finals since pre-war is almost perfect.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PODCAST: 2024 Season Preview

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 4th March @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we Preview the 2024 Premiership Season. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: https://demonland.com/podcast Call: 03 9016 3666 Skype: Demonland31

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    TRAINING: Saturday 2nd March 2024

    On the eve of the 2024 Season I ventured down to Gosch's Paddock for one of the final preseason training session before we head up to Sydney to take on the Swans. Here are my observations from the training session. The session was light and despite it being a Saturday was akin to a Monday/Tuesday session following a regular season weekend match as we played on Wednesday night and the boys had a couple of days off after the Practice Match prior to the season proper. Main Squad: May,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 2

    ROUND ZERO by Whispering Jack

    The Coodabeen Champions have called it a day after more than forty years on various radio stations across Melbourne. When the lads chose the theme from the spaghetti western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" as their signature tune, the game was uncomplicated with little time for scientific strategy. Summertime was for easy living and games of cricket, footy teams assembled in February, played practice matches in March and the season opened in mid-April. In their time, the Coodabeens saw changes

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 4

    PREGAME: Opening Round vs Sydney

    The Demons head up to Sydney to open the 2024 AFL Season against the Swans at the SCG. Who will debut for the Dees? Will Clarry be recalled to the team?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 254

    PODCAST: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Thursday, 29th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Practice Match victory over the Blues at Ikon Park. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 69

    POSTGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Demons had total control of the practice match against the Blues taking out the honours and running out victors by 38 points at Ikon Park.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 278

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 308

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...