Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Crashing From Heaven (Other Teams falling from the 8)

DEE fence

Good news everyone, I found my crystal ball and you can take out a second mortgage and put the house on my predictions. No seriously I was reading the Death Riding thread, and I thought it would be fun to predict other teams likely to fall from the 8. (This also supposes teams below them improve, not a given).

For mine, the top 4 will all be in the 8 next year, I genuinely believe we have recruited well and our forward craft will improve. We survived our 'tall poppy' year of media sniping the coach and board room shenanigans (thanks so much ex prez). Geelong from the top 4  is closest to dropping out of top 4, but not going to hold my breath, I think they rely on Tom Stewart, the same way Salem is integral for the Dee's distribution off HB. I think we can now cover Salem going down better than they can cope with the loss of Stewart, I just don't think the Cats bat as deep as we do, and will be susceptible to injuries after such a brilliant '22 campaign (yes I feel dirty typing that), but they are brilliantly coached (Scott demonstrated his willingness to throw away his game plan and change everything in a single off season (and did what we did with the wings) and have a beautiful game, MFC v GFC will be one the heavy weight games next season. People picking Collingwood to fall because they 'tin ar$ed' some close finishes are dreaming, brilliant run, unified team, the Daicos's play like they have a PS5 cheat code, excellent defense and transition, smart coach, and on the other side of that salary cap debacle. They do need Sidebottom to have a good season though now Pendlebury and Grundy have left. I do think however that Grawny will monster them and we'll do them over with better conversion. Swans are not going anywhere unless the sky falls on Horse (and I hope it doesn't).  

Anyway this is about who is going to fall from Heaven...

Richmond to fall like Lucifer, the media narrative around Dusty is not sustained by facts, he has had some devastating injuries, Messi, who just had the world's best Indian summer has never had the damage Dusty has, he might be fit, but he has a catalogue of soft tissue injuries that are going to cruel him the way Wayne Carey fell off, the instincts/skill will be there but the execution will fail. And even with adding Hopper and Taranto (they recruit well) I see defensive gaps, Grimes is not properly fit and nothing in Grimes pre season suggests he is going to come back as the gun defender he has been. I don't see the defensive ability that they had during their premiership years. Also teams that are not in contention for the 8 or on the border of it will all take more games from the top 8 teams this year, much shorter gap between the haves and have nots. 

Fremantle my second tip to drop from the 8, though they don't really inspire great emotion in anyone except in their supporters do they? As @Binman wrote in the death riding thread, Jackson just doesn't seem to make the sense he would to other sides with what they (Freo) had already, and what he brings, he's not kicking 50. They have the worst attack and I think are undersized for repeat finals campaigns. They rely on the brilliant, brave, Brayshaw too much, he's become a bit of Cripps, everyone jumps on his back. Fyfe who I adore, is not going to become a 40 goal player either, If I take my rose-coloured glasses off, I don't see the explosiveness into space that he will need with the leg injuries he has had. Would love to be wrong about Fyfe, through no fault of his own he has not had the career I had hoped he would have. I expect early wins from Freo but by the bye falling away.    

Lions despite their really good attack, I think this club has a leadership vacuum on field that will affect 2023, not just because Zorko is a nong I don't like, but because I don't get the impression that his team mates like him that much either. When I look at the last 20 years of premiers, the Captains really stand out, would you put Zorko next to a Gawn, Cotchin, Hurn, Mitchell, Hodge, Maxwell, Voss, even Murphy, you get my drift. Of those to replace Zorko, Harris's record as a clutch player is not there, Lachie is a gun without a doubt, but not a leader and when he's tagged out of a game, doesn't compensate.  Dunkley might be a good choice for 2024 though. Anyway 2023 is their '2019', I am predicting Brissey to have one down year, with some pressure on the coach but I think 2024 will be a much better year for them. They have recruited really well and will 'surprise' everyone with a 2024 when Ashcroft and Fletcher have a big impact. They are 3rd team i see as a good chance to miss.    

The Dogs ... I know some folks think Beveridge has lost the plot, about to lose the plot or is otherwise NQR, but I see a team that has addressed some structural deficiencies very well with it's recruiting. Liam Jones will do wonders for the Dogs, If I was a Carlton fan I would be bleeding. Jones more than covers for Easton Woods. They have experience coping with the departure of key players, they recruit well, the big unknown is which Libba turns up, he needs to be on, if his mindset is not right they won't match the other gun midfields, but on balance I see the dogs more likely to stay up than the other 3 teams highlighted.

The contenders  

I am bullish on the Suns if they get a fair crack with injury.

Power, a good draw, some good recruits, not too many injuries like last year, they are not as bad a team as the form of 2022 suggests. I think Hinkley has good support although his game day stuff could improve. Never going to be premiers but 8-5 is their natural range.

I suppose I have to say Carlton is a prospect, on paper they look good and I think Voss will fix the stuff between the ears. Not really interested in writing why they are good they just annoy me so much. 

My top 8 - (not attached to finishing position)

Melbourne

Geelong Cats

Sydney Swans

Collingwood

Western Bulldogs

Carlton

Port Adelaide

Gold Coast Suns

The Ladder - Bold are my locks for the 8, italics are the sliders. 

1        Geelong Cats          22    72    144.2    18    4    0          2146    1488    
2        Melbourne              22    64    130.5    16    6    0          1936    1483    
3        Sydney Swans        22    64    127.9    16    6    0          2067    1616    
4        Collingwood           22    64    104.3    16    6    0          1839    1763    
5        Fremantle                22    62    117    15    6    1              1739    1486    
6        Brisbane Lions       22    60    119.3    15    7    0          2147    1799    
7        Richmond                22    54    121.6    13    8    1          2165    1780    
8        Western Bulldogs 22    48    108.9    12    10    0        1973    1812    
9        Carlton                      22    48    108.3    12    10    0        1857    1714    
10        St Kilda                   22    44    99.3    11    11    0          1703    1715    
11        Port Adelaide       22    40    110.3    10    12    0        1806    1638    
12        Gold Coast Suns  22    40    102.8    10    12    0        1871    1820    
13        Hawthorn              22    32    89.8    8    14    0             1787    1991    
14        Adelaide Crows   22    32    86.7    8    14    0             1721    1986    
15        Essendon               22    28    83.2    7    15    0             1737    2087    
16        GWS Giants          22    24    84.6    6    16    0             1631    1927    
17        WC Eagles             22    8    59.8    2    20    0               1429    2389    
18        Nth Melbourne   22    8    55.8    2    20    0               1337    2397    

Edited by DEE fence
error in thread title
  • Like 10

• DEE fence changed the title to Crashing From Heaven (Other Teams falling from the 8)

18 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Lol.. no way Brisbane are dropping out. They'll be up there contending hard. 

I made a mistake writing 'good' chance to drop out, I meant they are a possibility, I think it is going to be a close season, this '8 is set half way through the season' is over, 11 teams with really good prospects.  

• Like 1

I think the Tigers are finally going into a sustained slide. Must be respected on any given game day, and might have a surge of form at some point, but I don't think they have the completeness in their team to be a consistent winner.

Bulldogs look like they'll be suffering from Carlton Syndrome (TM) for a while; easy enough to identify several really high quality players so they look potent at a glance, but sorely deficient in both type and quality as you get down the list. Similar to Richmond; any given game it could come together and with their stars performing and the depth finding their energy, they could have very, very good days or even months, but it isn't a recipe for a strong end-of-season tally.

Fremantle had 19 players play 20 or more games last season - a normal pattern would be around a dozen. That astonishing number includes Logue, Acres and Lobb. Their depth is unknown, though at least they do have Amiss and Erasmus as young early-draft selections to attach some hope for. On the other hand, Travis Colyer, the player you get if Spargo has already plateaued and spends another ten years in the system anyway, played 18 games, so their depth can't be that great. I'd say Freo aare 50/50 to either finish top 4 or miss the 8 completely. My gut says miss the 8 completely.

• Like 3

Collingwood had a percentage of 104 last year. Could easily miss in 2023 with a harder draw. Heck, take 2 goals off them last year, they would have missed and no one would be talking top 8 this year.  It was a statistically freakish season.  Caveat being that teenager who can play a bit will be even better.  

Sydney, though well coached, got pants-ed in a GF.  The recent history on this isnt good. Hard to see but in hindsight it may be yea, they lost it mentally. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jjrogan said:

Collingwood had a percentage of 104 last year. Could easily miss in 2023 with a harder draw. Heck, take 2 goals off them last year, they would have missed and no one would be talking top 8 this year.  It was a statistically freakish season.  Caveat being that teenager who can play a bit will be even better.  

Sydney, though well coached, got pants-ed in a GF.  The recent history on this isnt good. Hard to see but in hindsight it may be yea, they lost it mentally. 

I get you, the Pies 11-3 record was Frane Selak like in games decided by under two goals, with two of the three losses coming in Finals. I would like to see someone smarter than me analyze just how statistically freakish it was. That said winning means something, can't just be ar$e that got there. Like I said, i think other (Finals) teams with good rucks will go better against them (US), but that devastating full ground transition will muddle plenty of opposition heads and see enough wins to make the eight. They change the way other teams play. Would love to be coached by Fly, he seems to invest alot in his players. Will be super interested to see which coach unpicks their transition 1st. We don't play them until week 13, with Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Richmond, Port and Carlton all having a crack to give us some clues.   

Link below to the luckiest man (or best BS artist, take your pick)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frano_Selak

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DEE fence said:

Good news everyone, I found my crystal ball and you can take out a second mortgage and put the house on my predictions. No seriously I was reading the Death Riding thread, and I thought it would be fun to predict other teams likely to fall from the 8. (This also supposes teams below them improve, not a given).

A great post from a long way away Dee Fence on my current favourite subject. Thanks 

You've nailed the changes potentially in that at least 2, and sometimes 3, teams WILL drop out. The trick is who comes in. 

Could be a changing-of-the Guard moment for the likes of some classic recent powerhouses like the Tiges.

10 hours ago, Jjrogan said:

Bulldogs in 21 lost by 74pts finished 8th the following year

Adelaide in 17 lost by 68pts  - 12th

Sydney in 14 lost by 63pts - 4th

Port in 07 lost by 119pts - 13th

Swans the stand out...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DEE fence said:

I get you, the Pies 11-3 record was Frane Selak like in games decided by under two goals, with two of the three losses coming in Finals. I would like to see someone smarter than me analyze just how statistically freakish it was. That said winning means something, can't just be ar$e that got there. Like I said, i think other (Finals) teams with good rucks will go better against them (US), but that devastating full ground transition will muddle plenty of opposition heads and see enough wins to make the eight. They change the way other teams play. Would love to be coached by Fly, he seems to invest alot in his players. Will be super interested to see which coach unpicks their transition 1st. We don't play them until week 13, with Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Richmond, Port and Carlton all having a crack to give us some clues.   

Link below to the luckiest man (or best BS artist, take your pick)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frano_Selak

Simple back of envelope probabilities which is all you can really model in this type of stuff imo.   

Assume that games less than 2 goals are 50/50 propositions. 

(Sure, if one is clearly more biased to win this isnt exactly true but its going to be darn close here. Collingwoods non-close games percentage was around 100 anyway)

You can apply the binomial distribution... equivalent of saying toss a coin 12 times (12 regular season games) and getting 11 heads (a win)

11 wins  - 0.29 percent

10 wins - 1.6 percent

For their 11-3 overall record it would be 2.2 percent. 

Ok, not hugely freakish but still its a once in a lifetime season more or less. 

I think Frano still owns the crown.

• Thanks 1

Sliders I expect are:

Tigers: simply time catching up

Freo: harder draw, more dissecting of their players and game plan. 

Dogs: most likely fixed their fwd line issues with variety, but defence still lacks and he mids are aging.

Cats: If they stay healthy, as they have the home games to support their run.

The unknowns are Swans, they didn't play eh SCG well last season, but did very well not he road. So you can't guarantee a high % of wins at home say like a Brizze.

Pies, they hold in the 8, with year under their new system they should be better this year.  However, can they sustain that pace till the end of the year with the shorter break.  Bit like us this year.  They percentage say's they won't progress if anything major goes wrong in injuries.  However, they had their share last year and managed.

Geelong  4-6

Massive and unique home ground advantage plus No1 destination club due to its location and lifestyle expecially for a young family.

They wont miss the eight unless half the team fall off a cliff.

No way will Lions miss the eight because they also have a huge home ground advantage (except against MFC)

Melbourne have no home ground advantage, dont even have a real home! lol

They play an 'away game' every round.I'd be more confident of Melbourne beating Freo in Perth than at the G. We own Perth.

Dees need to start winning more games at the MCG if we're going to finish top 4.

Edited by Deebauched
  • Like 5

Pies played last year with nothing to lose approach, soft draw, and some luck with close games.

Daicos junior improves, but Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Elliott closer to the end!

I think they make the eight, but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t!

Cats playing list no worse, enough home games, they make top 4.

Swans hard to call but we’ll coached and make to eight for me.

Lions list looks better, top 8 for me.

Pies as above on the edge!!

Demons list improved make 8 should be top 4.

Freo list looks weaker, also Jackson big money may create angst, so are on the edge!

Dogs list looks weaker Dunkley, Hunter out, Jones in will help backline, Darcy, Ugle both improve. Right on edge!

Tigers look better with Hopper & Taranto providing cover for Prestia and Martin fitter, makes them look better, make 8 push for top 4!

so Pies, Freo & Dogs vulnerable!

Contenders:

- Blues have star power 
Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay & Weitering, small forwards weakness, but will go close. I’d go finally make 8!

- Gold Coast lose Rankine, but will go very close if King back & fit!

-Port with a bit of luck make the 8!

- Saints no King, don’t make it, also Ryder a lose!

- Hawks bottom after cutting too hard!

- North will improve but bottom 4.

- West Coast will improve but 13-18

- Crows 12-16

- Bombers finish 10-14 will take time to learn to defend!

- GWS list looks weaker losing Hopper, Taranto & Braun, seems like 13-18 place!

Bit of fun to guess how it turns out, but always a few surprises on the ups & downs, as long as our Demons are top 4 that’s the key result!

Edited by D4Life
Forgot Crows
  • Like 3

Brisbane have actually gotten better list wise (Gunstan, Dunkley, Mckenna) so should make finals given their home ground advantage and a decent run with injuries.

I actually wasn't all that blown away by Brisbane's 2022 finals series to be honest. They won a 50/50 shoot out at home against Richmond while conceding 100+ points in a final, were quite frankly ordinary against us for most of the first half, and put in one of the worst finals performances of recent years against Geelong to finish a distant fourth from a way more competitive Collingwood.

I wouldn't be putting my hard earned on Brisbane winning the flag.

Sydney, Dogs and Freo are my leading candidates to miss. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BDA said:

would it be too much to ask for Geelong to crash this year. Been waiting a while to see it

I know people incorrectly predict Geelong's downfall every year, but I wonder if having finally climbed the mountain will take the fire out of the bellies of their good 30+y.o. players. They don't have that "one last flag" to play for this year, plus a short preseason. Who knows

• Like 4

I think the flag is between 3 clubs. Us, Bears and Carlton. Would normally have the premier side in the mix but I hate Geelong so much that I can't continue to write this post.

8 hours ago, Deebauched said:

Geelong  4-6

Massive and unique home ground advantage plus No1 destination club due to its location and lifestyle expecially for a young family.

They wont miss the eight unless half the team fall off a cliff.

No way will Lions miss the eight because they also have a huge home ground advantage (except against MFC)

Melbourne have no home ground advantage, dont even have a real home! lol

They play an 'away game' every round.I'd be more confident of Melbourne beating Freo in Perth than at the G. We own Perth.

Dees need to start winning more games at the MCG if we're going to finish top 4.

Should we send them all to Jan Juc?

Edited by monoccular

8 hours ago, D4Life said:

Pies played last year with nothing to lose approach, soft draw, and some luck with close games.

Daicos junior improves, but Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Elliott closer to the end!

I think they make the eight, but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t!

Cats playing list no worse, enough home games, they make top 4.

Swans hard to call but we’ll coached and make to eight for me.

Lions list looks better, top 8 for me.

Pies as above on the edge!!

Demons list improved make 8 should be top 4.

Freo list looks weaker, also Jackson big money may create angst, so are on the edge!

Dogs list looks weaker Dunkley, Hunter out, Jones in will help backline, Darcy, Ugle both improve. Right on edge!

Tigers look better with Hopper & Taranto providing cover for Prestia and Martin fitter, makes them look better, make 8 push for top 4!

so Pies, Freo & Dogs vulnerable!

Contenders:

- Blues have star power 
Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay & Weitering, small forwards weakness, but will go close. I’d go finally make 8!

- Gold Coast lose Rankine, but will go very close if King back & fit!

-Port with a bit of luck make the 8!

- Saints no King, don’t make it, also Ryder a lose!

- Hawks bottom after cutting too hard!

- North will improve but bottom 4.

- West Coast will improve but 13-18

- Crows 12-16

- Bombers finish 10-14 will take time to learn to defend!

- GWS list looks weaker losing Hopper, Taranto & Braun, seems like 13-18 place!

Bit of fun to guess how it turns out, but always a few surprises on the ups & downs, as long as our Demons are top 4 that’s the key result!

I think the run of close wins is more than just luck. If you have won 6,7,8 close games it must make it easier to win the next. Belief.

Also, sometimes in a team, apart from ability, there is a particular bond or ethos that gets you over the line. Whatever that magic sauce is, the Carlton 79,81,82 team had it. St Kilda don't.

But, with the pies, whatever luck it was...I hope it has run out and they lose all the close ones ...and I hope every game is close for them in 23. They can draw against Geelong. Grundy BOG when they play Melbourne.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fritta The Hair G.O.A.T. said:

I know people incorrectly predict Geelong's downfall every year, but I wonder if having finally climbed the mountain will take the fire out of the bellies of their good 30+y.o. players. They don't have that "one last flag" to play for this year, plus a short preseason. Who knows

Selwood gone, Hawkins foot surgery, short preseason...the oldies all a year older.

They would need a lot to go right from here.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fritta The Hair G.O.A.T. said:

That’s my hope. They can’t defy gravity forever.

I have to grudgingly acknowledge. They have a very good (and very dislikeable) coach. I think he is the main reason they’ve stayed aloft as long as they have. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 6:02 AM, DEE fence said:

For mine, the top 4 will all be in the 8 next year, I genuinely believe we have recruited well and our forward craft will improve. We survived our 'tall poppy' year of media sniping the coach and board room shenanigans (thanks so much ex prez). Geelong from the top 4  is closest to dropping out of top 4, but not going to hold my breath, I think they rely on Tom Stewart, the same way Salem is integral for the Dee's distribution off HB. I think we can now cover Salem going down better than they can cope with the loss of Stewart, I just don't think the Cats bat as deep as we do, and will be susceptible to injuries after such a brilliant '22 campaign (yes I feel dirty typing that), but they are brilliantly coached (Scott demonstrated his willingness to throw away his game plan and change everything in a single off season (and did what we did with the wings) and have a beautiful game, MFC v GFC will be one the heavy weight games next season. People picking Collingwood to fall because they 'tin ar$ed' some close finishes are dreaming, brilliant run, unified team, the Daicos's play like they have a PS5 cheat code, excellent defense and transition, smart coach, and on the other side of that salary cap debacle. They do need Sidebottom to have a good season though now Pendlebury and Grundy have left. I do think however that Grawny will monster them and we'll do them over with better conversion. Swans are not going anywhere unless the sky falls on Horse (and I hope it doesn't).  

Anyway this is about who is going to fall from Heaven...

Richmond to fall like Lucifer, the media narrative around Dusty is not sustained by facts, he has had some devastating injuries, Messi, who just had the world's best Indian summer has never had the damage Dusty has, he might be fit, but he has a catalogue of soft tissue injuries that are going to cruel him the way Wayne Carey fell off, the instincts/skill will be there but the execution will fail. And even with adding Hopper and Taranto (they recruit well) I see defensive gaps, Grimes is not properly fit and nothing in Grimes pre season suggests he is going to come back as the gun defender he has been. I don't see the defensive ability that they had during their premiership years. Also teams that are not in contention for the 8 or on the border of it will all take more games from the top 8 teams this year, much shorter gap between the haves and have nots. 

Fremantle my second tip to drop from the 8, though they don't really inspire great emotion in anyone except in their supporters do they? As @Binman wrote in the death riding thread, Jackson just doesn't seem to make the sense he would to other sides with what they (Freo) had already, and what he brings, he's not kicking 50. They have the worst attack and I think are undersized for repeat finals campaigns. They rely on the brilliant, brave, Brayshaw too much, he's become a bit of Cripps, everyone jumps on his back. Fyfe who I adore, is not going to become a 40 goal player either, If I take my rose-coloured glasses off, I don't see the explosiveness into space that he will need with the leg injuries he has had. Would love to be wrong about Fyfe, through no fault of his own he has not had the career I had hoped he would have. I expect early wins from Freo but by the bye falling away.    

Lions despite their really good attack, I think this club has a leadership vacuum on field that will affect 2023, not just because Zorko is a nong I don't like, but because I don't get the impression that his team mates like him that much either. When I look at the last 20 years of premiers, the Captains really stand out, would you put Zorko next to a Gawn, Cotchin, Hurn, Mitchell, Hodge, Maxwell, Voss, even Murphy, you get my drift. Of those to replace Zorko, Harris's record as a clutch player is not there, Lachie is a gun without a doubt, but not a leader and when he's tagged out of a game, doesn't compensate.  Dunkley might be a good choice for 2024 though. Anyway 2023 is their '2019', I am predicting Brissey to have one down year, with some pressure on the coach but I think 2024 will be a much better year for them. They have recruited really well and will 'surprise' everyone with a 2024 when Ashcroft and Fletcher have a big impact. They are 3rd team i see as a good chance to miss.    

The Dogs ... I know some folks think Beveridge has lost the plot, about to lose the plot or is otherwise NQR, but I see a team that has addressed some structural deficiencies very well with it's recruiting. Liam Jones will do wonders for the Dogs, If I was a Carlton fan I would be bleeding. Jones more than covers for Easton Woods. They have experience coping with the departure of key players, they recruit well, the big unknown is which Libba turns up, he needs to be on, if his mindset is not right they won't match the other gun midfields, but on balance I see the dogs more likely to stay up than the other 3 teams highlighted.

The contenders  

I am bullish on the Suns if they get a fair crack with injury.

Power, a good draw, some good recruits, not too many injuries like last year, they are not as bad a team as the form of 2022 suggests. I think Hinkley has good support although his game day stuff could improve. Never going to be premiers but 8-5 is their natural range.

I suppose I have to say Carlton is a prospect, on paper they look good and I think Voss will fix the stuff between the ears. Not really interested in writing why they are good they just annoy me so much. 

My top 8 - (not attached to finishing position)

Melbourne

Geelong Cats

Sydney Swans

Collingwood

Western Bulldogs

Carlton

Port Adelaide

Gold Coast Suns

The Ladder - Bold are my locks for the 8, italics are the sliders. 

1        Geelong Cats          22    72    144.2    18    4    0          2146    1488    
2        Melbourne              22    64    130.5    16    6    0          1936    1483    
3        Sydney Swans        22    64    127.9    16    6    0          2067    1616    
4        Collingwood           22    64    104.3    16    6    0          1839    1763    
5        Fremantle                22    62    117    15    6    1              1739    1486    
6        Brisbane Lions       22    60    119.3    15    7    0          2147    1799    
7        Richmond                22    54    121.6    13    8    1          2165    1780    
8        Western Bulldogs 22    48    108.9    12    10    0        1973    1812    
9        Carlton                      22    48    108.3    12    10    0        1857    1714    
10        St Kilda                   22    44    99.3    11    11    0          1703    1715    
11        Port Adelaide       22    40    110.3    10    12    0        1806    1638    
12        Gold Coast Suns  22    40    102.8    10    12    0        1871    1820    
13        Hawthorn              22    32    89.8    8    14    0             1787    1991    
14        Adelaide Crows   22    32    86.7    8    14    0             1721    1986    
15        Essendon               22    28    83.2    7    15    0             1737    2087    
16        GWS Giants          22    24    84.6    6    16    0             1631    1927    
17        WC Eagles             22    8    59.8    2    20    0               1429    2389    
18        Nth Melbourne   22    8    55.8    2    20    0               1337    2397    

Like the "top eight" but would have Brisbane and Carlton higher in the eight in place of The Suns @ 9. 

On 1/25/2023 at 12:06 AM, Wodjathefirst said:

I want and expect Carlton to just miss out making the eight again…….just because 😎

Agree and just would love to be a fly on the wall in the offices of Visy Park when that occurs🤣

Edited by picket fence