• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

New MFC Board Member

Hawk the Demon

15 hours ago, A F said:

I'm highly sceptical of the current board because of the way they've handled themselves in the last 18 months. They could have maintained complete power without going to court and without electioneering and telling us who to vote for two years in a row. They chose not to, which makes me wonder what other mistakes they're making. Then of course there's the GB stuff. Both times it's threatened to spill out during the premiership season.

That pretty much articulates my concerns.

Edited by old55
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

They chose not to, which makes me wonder what other mistakes they're making. Then of course there's the GB stuff. Both times it's threatened to spill out during the premiership season.

Is this fact or just another conspiracy theory to keep the thread alive, lets face it a majority of the members have moved on, seems a small group want to keep it going.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

They chose not to, which makes me wonder what other mistakes they're making. Then of course there's the GB stuff. Both times it's threatened to spill out during the premiership season.

Well I have about a dozen mates & aquaintences who are MFC members & I reckon half would back the board unreservedly & half would support AF's views above.  Very few however would consider voting against Board over these issues.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

MFC Election materials sent out yesterday? Our AGM is on Monday 20 February apparently? Go to the MFC Club Governance page - what do you find?  Nothing!

Will all be rushed, no transparency, candidates gagged - our governance is laughable.

You again? Complaining again?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

MFC Election materials sent out yesterday? Our AGM is on Monday 20 February apparently? Go to the MFC Club Governance page - what do you find?  Nothing!

Will all be rushed, no transparency, candidates gagged - our governance is laughable.

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hawk the Demon said:

It's called an overview of Governance......Roles of Board Members and duties are there easy to read.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, demon3165 said:

It's called an overview of Governance......Roles of Board Members and duties are there easy to read.

Like any business. 

“The club should be run like a business, unless I am not a part of it, then it should be run like an open democracy, then when I am a part of it - it should be run like a business again.”

• Haha 4

It's been fun watching the MFC Governance website 'evolve' today.

At first the Members' Statement, with its proposed resolution, was incomplete. That has now been rectified.

The Board is pushing back against the members' proposal to mandate open, fair and transparent elections - no surprise there.

The Board and Members' Statements were listed separately earlier.

Now there is a single link to both statements, with the Board's Statement appearing before the Members' Statement, even though the Board's statement is a response to the Members' Statement.

The spin is on.....all good governance you know.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Hawk the Demon said:

It's been fun watching the MFC Governance website 'evolve' today.

At first the Members' Statement, with its proposed resolution, was incomplete. That has now been rectified.

The Board is pushing back against the members' proposal to mandate open, fair and transparent elections - no surprise there.

The Board and Members' Statements were listed separately earlier.

Now there is a single link to both statements, with the Board's Statement appearing before the Members' Statement, even though the Board's statement is a response to the Members' Statement.

The spin is on.....all good governance you know.

Going to be fun to watch... 

The new board member replacing John Trotter 3 months out from election is a clever but obvious ploy by Board to have a new board member stand for election as existing board member rather than open up a position to be contested by a new candidate or multiple in an enev contest

The members resolution appears to have little consequence (?? from my quick overview) other than send a message and a little procedure  -  be intersting to see how the numbers pan out on that

Edited by Graeme Yeats' Mullet
  • Like 1

The Members' Resolution has two components (the first of which the Board's objection is silent on):

1. The Board must provide a written notice to all Voting Members at least 7 days prior to the dircetor nomination period - that way we punters are advised directly that the nomination period is coming up. Reasonable - huh?

2. The election must be open fair and transparent - the Board would not get away with changing Election Rules periodically and those Rules couldn't then stop Candidates doing an interview or posting to a website or on social media.

The resolution is critical (not of little consequence) because no change means the Board retains absolute discretion over everything relating to the election.

In the Board statement you will deliberately not see that phrase absolute discretion used.

37 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

The Members' Resolution has two components (the first of which the Board's objection is silent on):

1. The Board must provide a written notice to all Voting Members at least 7 days prior to the dircetor nomination period - that way we punters are advised directly that the nomination period is coming up. Reasonable - huh?

2. The election must be open fair and transparent - the Board would not get away with changing Election Rules periodically and those Rules couldn't then stop Candidates doing an interview or posting to a website or on social media.

The resolution is critical (not of little consequence) because no change means the Board retains absolute discretion over everything relating to the election.

In the Board statement you will deliberately not see that phrase absolute discretion used.

I take your point

But the membership had an opportunity to vote on a set of changes to the constitution that strengthened the Board's control over the shape of the Board, and while 17% or so voted against (a significant signal, but not enough to stop) the membership supported it - either the membership broadly agreed, or were hoodwinked by the window dressing changes that accompanied the substance... ??

I like the member resolution because it's simple and focused. But I doubt there's going to be significant support against the Board

• Like 3

For how many more years do we have to put up with this absolute garbage from Peter Lawrence? He is clearly a selfish individual with too much time on his hands.

I hope you read this Peter - it’s time to put your personal vendetta to bed mate, we are well and truly sick of your nonsense.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bleasey as that said:

For how many more years do we have to put up with this absolute garbage from Peter Lawrence? He is clearly a selfish individual with too much time on his hands.

I hope you read this Peter - it’s time to put your personal vendetta to bed mate, we are well and truly sick of your nonsense.

Not too many I think, it won't be long before some of those followers of his are named as well.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

I take your point

But the membership had an opportunity to vote on a set of changes to the constitution that strengthened the Board's control over the shape of the Board, and while 17% or so voted against (a significant signal, but not enough to stop) the membership supported it - either the membership broadly agreed, or were hoodwinked by the window dressing changes that accompanied the substance... ??

I like the member resolution because it's simple and focused. But I doubt there's going to be significant support against the Board

That's it. Deemocracy drafted a whole new Constitution which included open, fair and transparent elections. The Board went nowhere near the clause. They wanted to retain absolute discretion.

• Like 1