• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Kozzy’s social media

MoeSyzlak

9 hours ago, Lefty said:

For the post to be deleted by the club someone was offended. It might not be Kozzy but the “Thick” reference could be interpreted as fat shaming or body shaming and the club is just being PC about it. 

Perhaps Kozzy came back out of shape, not my opinion as I think he looks to be in beast mode, but maybe he came back a bit heavier but social media didn’t get the memo and posted what they did and then were asked to remove it either by Kozzy or the FD. 

Anyway this is all purely conjecture and probably has no bearing in reality. 

On Kozzy's shape/size, it seems all according to plan, so wouldn't think he's in any way out of shape:

“The plan is different for everyone, (and) for Kozzie it was to actually put on a bit more size,” GM of football Alan Richardson said.

Melbourne Demons eyeing new midfield weapon with bulked-up Kozzie Pickett ready to explode

As far as the social post goes, I think people are going a bit overboard with the theories here, it was a harmless comment. Given Kozzy has deleted all his insta posts though, you could possibly throw a guess out there that he's decided to pull out from social media for a little while, which is pretty common, and the club deleted the post to go along with that. Could just be a 'social detox' thing or perhaps something happened, but either way only thing that matters is that everything is ok for the young bloke.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

19 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Kozzy has unfortunately often been targeted by racists on his social media account, so maybe he decided to take a step back from social media?

smart move if true 

57 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

2+2=4 not 5 social media has done more harm than good it's turned people into conspiracy theorists on every subject. 

Some people put more effort into their social media accounts then actual meaningful real relationships. In the last twelve months I’ve gotten married, travelled overseas and interstate but posted none of it on my socials (I only have FB and Insta but mainly for footy stuff) but instead chose to share it privately either by text or messenger. Too many people live by “if it’s not on FB it didn’t happen “.

• Like 3

1. Being thicc is a good thing. Nobody under the age of 35 is being offended by being called thic. Thickett was a good play on words and him being newly swol and being able to be called thic would honestly be a compliment. 

2. When a young dude deletes all his insta photos, makes his profile private, and changes his profile picture to one of him and his gf, 99% of the time it's coz he's been a bit over excited on insta, liking girls' photos, chatting in DMs etc etc. A knee jerk reaction to delete all posts that may have likes and comments from girls he shouldn't have been engaging with, and then a very clear "I'm taken" stance by making his profile pic one of him and his gf is pretty standard "I've gone a bit rogue and need to pull my head in/show public commitment to my missus" behaviour. 

I think you lot forget that early 20s footballers are still early 20s kids with early 20s drama and early 20s responses that you probably have no clue about! 

Edited by WinterofDiscontent
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WinterofDiscontent said:

1. Being thicc is a good thing. Nobody under the age of 35 is being offended by being called thic. Thickett was a good play on words and him being newly swol and being able to be called thic would honestly be a compliment. 

2. When a young dude deletes all his insta photos, makes his profile private, and changes his profile picture to one of him and his gf, 99% of the time it's coz he's been a bit over excited on insta, liking girls' photos, chatting in DMs etc etc. A knee jerk reaction to delete all posts that may have likes and comments from girls he shouldn't have been engaging with, and then a very clear "I'm taken" stance by making his profile pic one of him and his gf is pretty standard "I've gone a bit rogue and need to pull my head in/show public commitment to my missus" behaviour. 

I think you lot forget that early 20s footballers are still early 20s kids with early 20s drama and early 20s responses that you probably have no clue about! 

seems  reasonable to me, thanks wod 

4 hours ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Kozzy has unfortunately often been targeted by racists on his social media account, so maybe he decided to take a step back from social media?

This to me seems like an absolutely plausible reason, social media is toxic at the best of times but throw in racism and it’s so much worse. Some of the garbage he’s been subjected to is disgusting, if he has stepped away from the platform I say good on him. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.