Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

AFLW: PF vs North Melbourne


Demonland
 Share


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I heard (unofficially) that she’ll be right for next week. No lingering issue with the shoulder. Hopefully that doesn’t change.  🤞🏼 

It's the granny. No way she doesn't make it. She'll be patched up and given plenty of painkillers. She has the offseason to recover

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Harris is arguably our most important player. Lions are on fire. Would be tough to beat them without Harris. Bannan and Zanker are good but not consistent yet 

Harris has been great at stoppages, invaluable in the marking contest, hits opponents hard, and plays without any fuss.

I thought the Lions were strong up forward. I think it will be our back-line that wins it, unless the mids can dry up the Lions supply.

I want to see more from Birch, Gillard and Gay. Usually they intercept, set the tempo and create great run off the back-line. Today they looked flustered, and had  to deal with a heap of pressure.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Harris has been great at stoppages, invaluable in the marking contest, hits opponents hard, and plays without any fuss.

I thought the Lions were strong up forward. I think it will be our back-line that wins it, unless the mids can dry up the Lions supply.

I want to see more from Birch, Gillard and Gay. Usually they intercept, set the tempo and create great run off the back-line. Today they looked flustered, and had  to deal with a heap of pressure.

Thought Gillard was good today Kev. Threw her weight around a few times. Really becoming a talent.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BDA said:

It's the granny. No way she doesn't make it. She'll be patched up and given plenty of painkillers. She has the offseason to recover

She’s one player we simply can’t do without. Especially against Brisbane. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I heard (unofficially) that she’ll be right for next week. No lingering issue with the shoulder. Hopefully that doesn’t change.  🤞🏼 

Best Melbourne cha cha cha chant I’ve heard since 2018 by the way. Credit to the army for bringing it today. The crowd was rocking in the last 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites


29 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Thought Gillard was good today Kev. Threw her weight around a few times. Really becoming a talent.

The same (I named Gillard as one of our best), but I think Lions are a better forward line. I don’t want Birch on Wardlaw (Lions tall forward).

Thought North did well to get a mismatch,  with Birch often taking the taller one. They also need to help each other when out pointed, with someone cutting infront.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Best Melbourne cha cha cha chant I’ve heard since 2018 by the way. Credit to the army for bringing it today. The crowd was rocking in the last 

It was fever pitch in the last, especially when we comfortably knew we were going through. Thank you for acknowledging. 💕 As someone said on here earlier it was embarrassing that North supporters outnumbered our supporters, but their cheer squad was no match for ours! 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kev martin said:

The same (I named Gillard as one of our best), but I think Lions are a better forward line. I don’t want Birch on Wardlaw (Lions tall forward).

Thought North did well to get a mismatch,  with Birch often taking the taller one. They also need to help each other when out pointed, with someone cutting infront.

Jesse Wardlaw is a force to reckoned with. When she’s firing there’s seemingly no stopping her. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to confess to not getting on board with the AFLW much. Not out of sexist belligerence that you see from the blokes on facebook, but because I just haven’t made the time. The PF was the first game I’ve watched this year and the standard of the game is through the roof compared to previous years. It’s amazing what a few years of training in a professional environment and actually having a pathway to get there makes.

Saw the hallmark of a really good side in the second half. North were completely on top but the damage on the scoreboard was minimal, then we crushed them in the last. Got goosebumps with Daisy’s sealer. Looking forward to the granny.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I have to confess to not getting on board with the AFLW much. Not out of sexist belligerence that you see from the blokes on facebook, but because I just haven’t made the time. The PF was the first game I’ve watched this year and the standard of the game is through the roof compared to previous years. It’s amazing what a few years of training in a professional environment and actually having a pathway to get there makes.

Saw the hallmark of a really good side in the second half. North were completely on top but the damage on the scoreboard was minimal, then we crushed them in the last. Got goosebumps with Daisy’s sealer. Looking forward to the granny.

You should’ve seen the QF vs the Crows! Apart from the first quarter of course, we were scintillating to watch. Best we’ve played all season. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick injury report, don’t worry, not any of our players, just a clumsy cheer squad member who got tangled up in the multitudes of crepe paper while helping to carry the banner (with [censored] heavy poles still attached) off the field. She went down and the big burly comrades up front didn’t realise she was entangled and just kept running. She sprained her ankle quiet badly.

Yeah ok, it was me. 🙄 I sucked it up and carried on, though. But the adrenaline wore off ages ago and now I’m sporting an ankle that looks like a grade three’s science project. All good though since I have wine! And wine fixes everything. 😁

Future me is gonna hate present-day me. 😬 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Not out of sexist belligerence that you see from the blokes on facebook,

Is that stuff in the minority? 

Women are so angry, they still have to fight hard to get expression in the world.

We need intelligent and skilled women, being able to find their potential. 

Changes to the culture, institutions and avenues are happening. The women can do this, and have to be supported by as many as possible.

They are breaking through, let's help them flourish, or at least get out of their way.

Let's have more women stories and legends to inspire us.

Go Daisy and the group of original demons, a GF cup (within reach) and a legacy for our young ones.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Ouch, 

Hope you heal quickly. 

Thanks Kev. 💕 the girls winning through to the grannie eased the pain. Oh and the wine’s doing not too shabby a job at that too. 🙃

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished watching. We really took a while to get our rhythm but we got there.

I thought Paxy was just bloody huge today. Inspirational.

We're two and a half hours drive from some weird construction site of a footy field for the granny.

It could be the first flag I see a Melbourne team secure live in the 55 years I've been alive.

I can't wait. Let's do it girls. A team to be really proud of.

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Webber said:

 Just love Tyla Hanks instinct for best option disposal and opening up the game.  

Funny how people see different things.
My thoughts are her skills are probably the best in the side but decision making is suspect.
I saw alot of handballs go to someone less than a meter away who'd then fumble and get pounced on though Hanks is not the Lone Ranger for that.
I try to like the womens game but as a spectacle it's mostly awful with flashes of competence here and there.
But it is getting better.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Just finished watching. We really took a while to get our rhythm but we got there.

I thought Paxy was just bloody huge today. Inspirational.

We're two and a half hours drive from some weird construction site of a footy field for the granny.

It could be the first flag I see a Melbourne team secure live in the 55 years I've been alive.

I can't wait. Let's do it girls. A team to be really proud of.

Enjoy the match next Sunday, Brownie! Cheer extra loud for those of us who would dearly love to be there, but can’t (cheers Gil). GO DEES!!!!! ❤️💙

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Just a quick injury report, don’t worry, not any of our players, just a clumsy cheer squad member who got tangled up in the multitudes of crepe paper while helping to carry the banner (with [censored] heavy poles still attached) off the field. She went down and the big burly comrades up front didn’t realise she was entangled and just kept running. She sprained her ankle quiet badly.

Yeah ok, it was me. 🙄 I sucked it up and carried on, though. But the adrenaline wore off ages ago and now I’m sporting an ankle that looks like a grade three’s science project. All good though since I have wine! And wine fixes everything. 😁

Future me is gonna hate present-day me. 😬 

Like Tayla Harris, I'm sure you'll get up for the Grannie WCW. Also, seeing it's the last AFLW game next week I'd like to thank you for the great insight you have provided to Demonland on the AFLW and all things MFC. You always have a positive slant on things and I love reading your posts. We are lucky to have you. ❤💙🍷🏆

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why aren't our institutions valuing womens efforts and abilities, and rewarding them with public adorations?

I am watching aquaman on channel 7, "home of footy", the news comes on and the sport is about Gary Ablett playing a game in the NT. Nothing about the Dees or Lions, nor the GF.

I am amazed that women continue to be made invisible

Some big build ups to the Sunday game would be great, even if it is played in the boondocks.

They have to do better at promoting. Without the enthusiasm, entertainment and the sponsorship that follows, how can we hope for an equal world.

 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

Funny how people see different things.
My thoughts are her skills are probably the best in the side but decision making is suspect.
I saw alot of handballs go to someone less than a meter away who'd then fumble and get pounced on though Hanks is not the Lone Ranger for that.
I try to like the womens game but as a spectacle it's mostly awful with flashes of competence here and there.
But it is getting better.

I wouldn't judge today's game too hard...conditions were poor.

The first final was a much better example of the standard this team has set for the year and it has been good footy to watch.

Today was a hard watch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wowee, what a day! 
The kids and I arrived at the ground and were welcomed towards the great club activations at the gates: girls got their face painted, spun the wheel and won prizes and got to record a little motivational message for the players. They seemed annoyed when I suggested we go get some seats and watch a footy game, they were having too much fun. 
Scored a nice spot on the wing, slightly under cover, next to a group of girls who were good mates with Tyla Hanks and happened to be primary school teachers - very handy with taking some heat from 2 x 7yos prone to incessant question asking during a football match. 
The game itself was a turgid affair riddled with frustratingly poor kicking on our behalf; Norf had a real dig. We can thank our defence yet again. It was great how we withstood their barrage of inside 50s but jeez, we should have been a few goals down at 3q time. Then, that Daisy goal. Like a divine hand grabbed that ball on the sky an guided it on the wind through the big sticks. The crowd went completely [censored] nuts. Was good energy today. 
Then the kids and I muscled our way to the fence hoping for a high five or autograph. Then we watched Tyla Hanks, as though in slow motion, make a beeline for my girls and handed them the signed footy! (Maybe her teacher mates gave her a tip off) Onya Hanksie! Also got autographs from Kate Hore and Fitzy! The girls were utterly starstuck 😍
Then 3x scarves out the car windows with Grand Old Flag at HIGH volume out of the forth, all the way home. 

Now onto the Grand Final at Isotopes Stadium. 

Go you mighty [censored] Dees girls. You’re winning a lot of hearts, young and old.

 ❤️💙
 

  • Like 6
  • Love 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Wednesday 1st February 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT REHAB  Clarry, Max, Farris-White, Melky, Matt Jefferson, Jakey Lever, Joel Smith & 1 Other I couldn't place. Glad to see the Club being ultra cautious with Clarry's thumb BUT the fact he is still troubled with it is worrying (God I hate Selwood) Got there at 10.50 to see Full match Simulation Game between the Blues and the Whites. Quite clearly the Blues were the A Team and the Whites were the possibles. Some interesting faces in the white Team h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 25th January 2023

    DEMONLAND’S TRAINING REPORT Rehab Group: Lever (in runners but kicking the ball well and seems to be moving well), Max (not present), Melksham, Howes, AMW, J Smith - then later joined by the following not participating in contract drills/Match SIM - Brown, Spargo, D Turner, Verrall, Adams  Stafford was out early with Grundy & Verrall doing ruck drills.  White Guernseys: May, Bowey, Trac, JVR, Rivers, Sestan, Nibbler, Kozzie, Grundy, Hunter, Harmes, Fritsch, Laurie, Jord

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 23rd January 2023

    WIZARD333'S TRAINING REPORT I went down and it was locked out for first hour but could see through fence then allowed in. Max Gawn ran laps — it looks like a 3 to 4 week injury. Andy Moniz-Wakefield ran laps. Blake Howes was taken off late as was on restricted minutes. Adam Tomlinson loudest on track and a leader - surprised me but won't be in best 25. Jake Lever on bike and walking up n down stairs, yelling out as he does. Melky copped a niggle so ran laps but

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 20th January 2023

    TOUGH KENT'S TRAINING REPORT I journeyed out to Casey today and was fortunate enough to watch two quarters of match simulation. Here is a brief rundown of random occurrences/thoughts. First of all, there was no Jake Lever (ankle) or Joel Smith involved. AMW is still in rehab and was running strongly. It was Blue (Probables) v Red (Possibles) JvR was in blue. Ben Brown, T-Mac, Hibbo and Tom Sparrow were in red. Gus Brayshaw started at half back for blue and stayed there all game.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 18th January 2023

    DEE ZEPHYR'S TRAINING REPORT Morning all. First time at Goschs for a while, there’s a scoreboard set up which I’ve never seen here before. Possible match sim? Williams yelling out to players to get their hands off hips during drills. Gus looks fine to me. Absolutely., first two mins of match sim and his kicking is exquisite on both sides. He’s moving incredibly well.  Some observations from a match sim drill that lasted about 15-20 mins. The purpose se

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 16th January 2023

    STINGA'S TRAINING REPORT Went with a friend to watch training this morning.  They have 3 sets of temporary grandstands set up next to the rooms for spectators and get a good view of everything. Fritsch was the only absentee and J Smith was on the bike for the whole session. Everyone in their own numbers except JVR in 44,   Kye Turner is 47 and Burgoyne 33. Started off with goal kicking which has been described before. Then an agility routine where where they ducked aroun

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 13th January 2023

    REDLEGS23'S TRAINING REPORT Got to training about 9:50 & headed off by 11:30. Rehab / Light Drills: • Jed Adams • Kyah Farris-White • Will Varrall • I think i spotted Joel Smith, but could be wrong. The above doing light drills. Andy Moniz-Wakefield & Trent Burgoyne doing seperate laps / runs for the whole session. James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw & Steven May all started with the main group but then progressed to light duties / laps for the remainder of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 11th January 2023

    WAYNE WUSSELL'S TRAINING REPORT Haven’t noticed Oliver, Petracca and Hunter, just about everyone else accounted for. Petracca here! J Smith striding out in rehab. BB taking lots of shots on goal after session marking in goal square v Stafford Younger players tending to float short passes to leading forward (D Smith, 33, 39, KF-S) while Petracca, Viney, Kossie, ANB shoot hard and low bullets Harmes, Verall, & Adams doing agility, ball handling JVR stand out in te

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...