Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFLW: QF vs Adelaide

On 11/4/2022 at 11:59 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

Wow. Seemed like way more were there. That’s probs because the crowd tonight was particularly vocal, rowdy even. Mostly Dees of course. And quite a lot of kids, which is great. 

Yeh, I was surprised by that.  Were kids counted?  Someone on the AFLW Facebook page complained that even though they bought a ticket to the Collingwood/Bulldogs game they were denied entry, the reason given is that the capacity of Victoria Park is 5000 with kids being admitted for free, they didn't need a ticket, and they took up the space of people who bought tickets.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Yeh, I was surprised by that.  Were kids counted?  Someone on the AFLW Facebook page complained that even though they bought a ticket to the Collingwood/Bulldogs game they were denied entry, the reason given is that the capacity of Victoria Park is 5000 with kids being admitted for free, they didn't need a ticket, and they took up the space of people who bought tickets.

My understanding is that kids still need a ticket to enter, but obviously don't need to pay for the privilege. That would be extremely poor if they sold/issued tickets in excess of the ground capacity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poita said:

My understanding is that kids still need a ticket to enter, but obviously don't need to pay for the privilege. That would be extremely poor if they sold/issued tickets in excess of the ground capacity.

Yeh, see, that's what I thought, too.  I was a bit flabergasted by the comment, to be honest.

• Like 1

I went Friday night, and i have to say it was one of my most enjoyable experiences footy wise for a long time. Just loved it.

It was like a throw back to another time (fun fact - the men' team played the last ever AFL game at PP - in 2005 against Fitzroy of all teams).

Getting the tram up royal parade, with a stop right in front of the ground (Waverley park says hi).

Princess park nestled in arguably Melbourne's most beautiful, and certainly most extensive, parklands (if you include the zoo, golf course and other parks stretching down to Flemington road).  

The weather was perfect, the ground was in brilliant nick, the crowd was in great spirits, the vibe was awesome and the noise was bearable during the breaks, meaning i could actually talk to my mate and enjoy the breaks. 

The AFL should progress the idea of making Princess Park the epicentre of women's footy in Victoria. Invest in infrastructure. Put in some permanent things for kids. And play say half of all Vic game there and/or perhaps specific marquee games. 

And most of all, the game was just so damn enjoyable to watch. Both teams played with incredible spirt and courage. Fearless. I was amazed none got seriously injured, such was the crazy brave energy.  And under that pressure, some amazing skills and individual efforts.

To top of a great night, i walked out, a tram came straight away got the tram to Flinders street and only had to wait 3 mins for my train. Princess park on a Friday night to my door in Altona in 75 minutes. Gold. 

Bring on the prelim. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1

Just now, binman said:

I went Friday night, and i have to say it was one of my most enjoyable experiences footy wise for a long time. Jus loved it.

It was like a throw back to another time (fun fact - the men' team plated the last ever game at PP - in 2005 against Fitzroy of all teams).

Getting the tram up royal parade, with a stop right in front of the ground (Waverley park says hi).

Princess park nestled in arguably Melbourne's most beautiful, and certainly most extensive, parklands (if you include the zoo, golf course and other parks stretching down to Flemington road).  

The weather was perfect, the ground was in brilliant nick, the crowd was in great spirits, the vibe was awesome and the noise was bearable during the breaks, meaning i could actually talk to my mate and enjoy the breaks. 

The AFL should progress the idea of making Princess Park the epicentre of women's footy in Victoria. Invest in infrastructure. Put in some permanent things for kids. And play say half of all Vic game there and/or perhaps specific marquee games. 

And most of all, the game was just so damn enjoyable to watch. Both teams played with incredible spirt and courage. Fearless. I was amazed none got seriously injured, such was the crazy brave energy.  And under that pressure, some amazing skills and individual efforts.

To top of a great night, i walked out, a tram came straight away got the tram to Flinders street and only had to wait 3 mins for my train. Princess park on a Friday night to my door in Altona in 75 minutes. Gold. 

Bring on the prelim. 

Yeh, it was a great night, wasn't it?  It was my fourth time going to Princes Park this season, I went to the Bulldogs/GWS game in Round 1, then the Casey GF, then Melbourne/Carlton game and then Friday night.  Every single time was a fantastic atmosphere and heaps of fun.  Even ending up ankle deep in mud outside the ground reminded me of the 80s!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, binman said:

I went Friday night, and i have to say it was one of my most enjoyable experiences footy wise for a long time. Just loved it.

It was like a throw back to another time (fun fact - the men' team played the last ever AFL game at PP - in 2005 against Fitzroy of all teams).

Bring on the prelim. 

There was definitely something about Friday night. I thought the Casey GF was the best day this year at Princes Park but Friday night topped it. It kinda feels almost like a home ground. Even when we played Carlton there it felt like it was our home ground.

Unlike you Binman, I get off the train at Royal Park station and walk 20 minutes to the ground from there. I find it amusing that one minute you’re in the hustle and bustle of the city then nek minnit you’re on a legit nature trail through gorgeous scenery.  Cut lunch and compass job almost. 😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

There was definitely something about Friday night. I thought the Casey GF was the best day this year at Princes Park but Friday night topped it. It kinda feels almost like a home ground. Even when we played Carlton there it felt like it was our home ground.

Unlike you Binman, I get off the train at Royal Park station and walk 20 minutes to the ground from there. I find it amusing that one minute you’re in the hustle and bustle of the city then nek minnit you’re on a legit nature trail through gorgeous scenery.  Cut lunch and compass job almost. 😁

😆

Guess it's why you walked?...

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

😆

Guess it's why you walked?...

Totally! Just gotta dodge the odd golf buggy. Other than that it’s a very pleasant walk (at times, hike). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, binman said:

Bring on the prelim. 

Oh man how good is it without all that crowd activation stuff where you can just have a normal conversation.

That was a wonderful tough game of footy.

Glad you got along and enjoyed it Binman.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Open training session this Saturday morning at Princes Park (Gosch’s is unavailable). Not sure of the time, probs 9am but yet to be confirmed.

The Demon Army may be putting on a bbq, also yet to be confirmed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:08 AM, rjay said:

Goldy is a unique player...we use her in a shutdown role but she's also used us an attacking take the game on option at the same time.

Reminds me of Hibberd at his best, but every week.

The Irish connection and willingness to take the game on is what they have in common, and as players they are very different but I really want to highlight how much Mackin has improved throughout the year.

I think is her understanding of the play and positioning has grown significantly and on the outside she does a superb job of knowing when to drop back and cover and when to take off to provide an attacking option running by. She must have covered a lot of ground on Friday night and was constantly running 80+ meters just to provide an option (even without being used) and also directional changes from defensive to offensive runs or vice versa to either cover or create the mismatch.

I think if we can add Elize MacNamara on the other wing next season we'll have a truly unique set up in the AFLW with elite endurance and outside structure, combined with inside strength from Purcell, West and Hanks. It's very exciting!

• Like 10
  • Love 3

This sums up the vibe in the crowd for me. Just watching a regulation set shot and then everyone went off. She had every single person in the stadium fooled except perhaps blood relatives:

Loved this as well. Great, humble team attitude (and Mithen hamming it up, of course!)

18 hours ago, rjay said:

Watching the replay I was looking out for what we did to deal with Marinoff. No direct tag but denied the footy (though she made up for it with tackles). And it's a trend:

Also enjoyed on the replay how our players handled the niggle throughout the game and particularly in the last quarter. Flew the flag, not intimidated, but no one was sucked in - they did their best to get Harris. And Hore going in to help Daisy (not that she needs it) - bit of full circle stuff there and so much respect.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

On 11/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, 58er said:

Who exactly are disorganised?

AFLW administrators are really showing how disorganised  they can be.

Not giving the women much time to reorganise their time and work commitments in order to play this seasons AFLW.

Not giving a heads up to Casey àbout having an early starting fixture, so the change rooms would be available for the finals. 

Not being able to find an oval for Brisbane to play a home grandfinal. 

Allowing Richmond to dictate where they play their final and not use an oval that can accommodate a larger crowd.

Do the women know when the next season starts and finishes?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Do the women know when the next season starts and finishes?

I heard season 8 may begin during the period when the AFL bye rounds are happening, meaning in the first half of June 2023. But of course that’s unofficial. Even the players themselves probably don’t know yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:39 PM, deanox said:

Reminds me of Hibberd at his best, but every week.

The Irish connection and willingness to take the game on is what they have in common, and as players they are very different but I really want to highlight how much Mackin has improved throughout the year.

I think is her understanding of the play and positioning has grown significantly and on the outside she does a superb job of knowing when to drop back and cover and when to take off to provide an attacking option running by. She must have covered a lot of ground on Friday night and was constantly running 80+ meters just to provide an option (even without being used) and also directional changes from defensive to offensive runs or vice versa to either cover or create the mismatch.

I think if we can add Elize MacNamara on the other wing next season we'll have a truly unique set up in the AFLW with elite endurance and outside structure, combined with inside strength from Purcell, West and Hanks. It's very exciting!

Oh, wow, I'm salivating at the thought of Mackin and Macca on the wings next season!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I heard season 8 may begin during the period when the AFL bye rounds are happening, meaning in the first half of June 2023. But of course that’s unofficial. Even the players themselves probably don’t know yet.

That wouldn't surprise me.  I get the impression the AFL doesn't know what they're doing with AFLW.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

39 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

That wouldn't surprise me.  I get the impression the AFL doesn't know what they're doing with AFLW.

They appear to be making things up as the season rolls along. Clearly (and sadly) a priorities issue. 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 2:50 PM, Dees_In_October said:

This sums up the vibe in the crowd for me. Just watching a regulation set shot and then everyone went off. She had every single person in the stadium fooled except perhaps blood relatives:

Loved this as well. Great, humble team attitude (and Mithen hamming it up, of course!)

Watching the replay I was looking out for what we did to deal with Marinoff. No direct tag but denied the footy (though she made up for it with tackles). And it's a trend:

Also enjoyed on the replay how our players handled the niggle throughout the game and particularly in the last quarter. Flew the flag, not intimidated, but no one was sucked in - they did their best to get Harris. And Hore going in to help Daisy (not that she needs it) - bit of full circle stuff there and so much respect.

Much rather Marinoff only have tackles rather than the footy.

The two games that showed the level of toughness needed to win the AFLW Flag we're the Lions and Tigers clash and our very tough Qual Final vs Crows.

Finally we have completely overcome our mental and physical shackles of the Crows which stood out in our Round 1 win also. 

Mick and Coaching staff have got this list to it's ideal maturity and youth game wise plus physical approach to footy that we don't take anything now from the opposition. We like our 2021 Men Champs are in charge of our destiny with our very strong mental approach snd sll it needed Friday night was reaffirmation if that plus a couple of genius coach moves and the girls desire to change the game and play it on our terms.

We won't be bullied even by the Lions ability if we play to the level on the Prelim and Final.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

They appear to be making things up as the season rolls along. Clearly (and sadly) a priorities issue. 

Nicole Livingstone has been a big disappointment.  I don't see her advocating for the game at all, all I see her doing is being a "yes" person for the big wigs in the AFL. They tell her to jump, she says how high.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Nicole Livingstone has been a big disappointment.  I don't see her advocating for the game at all, all I see her doing is being a "yes" person for the big wigs in the AFL. They tell her to jump, she says how high.  

From what i can tell she's good at photo opportunities and not much else 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:34 AM, poita said:

You are surprised poita?