Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Perception of usernames

Skuit

9 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah he is good, hate the prog stuff they do now. 
Paradise Lost have always been a fav and I like both his growls and clean. 

She is a bit weird at first but you get used to her quirks. Done some amazing analysis over the years.

Oh I tuned out after Heritage so i totally agree. I want my memory to be those first 8 or so albums 😄

Paradise Lost have definitely had a good consistent catalogue.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Ah @Gorgoroth   used Satyricon as one of my favourite metal bands   but also a play on words with Demonland

But no High on Fire or Motorhead tsk tsk

If you like a bit of organ based metal, not a euphemism, try Atomic Rooster

Was going to use Twaddle and Guff as an homage to some of the output on Public forums, but a bit too obvious

No Motörhead as I was listing Black metal bands only and Motörhead are far from Black metal 😬

Ill check them out. Not heard them but always happy to try.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

These first bands are known as second wave Black metal, but only in retrospect. They were influenced by bands like Venom and Bathory, now known as first wave, but really not similar at all. 

In saying that, Black metal can be fast, slow, heavy, depressing, beautiful, pagan etc etc, unlike a lot of genres it has no real set structure. 

But interestingly Black metal is the closest musically written and structured as classical music. 

Emperor - I am the black Wizards

Dark Throne - Transylvania Hunger

Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the fog

Gorgoroth - Prayer

Satyricon - black crow on the tombstone

Rotting Christ - Raven

Immortal - Tyrants

Dark Funeral - Artrum Regina

These bands followed those above.

Wolves in the throne room - I will lay down my bones or Diadem of 12 stars

Kampfar - Det Sorte

Wodensthrone - That which is now forgotten 

Moonsorrow- suden tunti 

MGLA - Exercise in futility V

Drudkh - Solitude

Der Weg Einer Freiheit- Aufbruch

None - Wither

Imperium Dekadenz - Ave Danuvi 

Hulder -  Purgations of bodily corruptions 

Suldusk - Nazare

Darkher - where the devil waits

Veitah - Tajamnica Tajamnic

I’m only scratching the surface and have left out many bands, but tried to get a spread of various styles and be aware a lot don’t sing in English

Moonsorrow! There's one I haven't heard in a while! Thinking of breaking out some Agalloch for the first time in ages.

Great list by the way, couple of others:

Satyricon - Mother North

Immortal - Solarfall 

Also the centre of the source of the  second wave black metal universe (in my opinion anyway) Mayhem's album De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, layzie said:

Moonsorrow! There's one I haven't heard in a while! Thinking of breaking out some Agalloch for the first time in ages.

Great list by the way, couple of others:

Satyricon - Mother North

Immortal - Solarfall 

Also the centre of the source of the  second wave black metal universe (in my opinion anyway) Mayhem's album De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. 

Both songs killer, but trying to add some diversity.

Mayhem I don’t mind but never loved, seen them 4 times now and it’s good, but I don’t know, something doesn’t click. But fully acknowledge they started the second wave pretty much, I mean rotting christ were around in 89 and others but it was really mayhem who gave the sound/ riff style and look.

I was going to add Agalloch, also Audn is one I love soooooooo much, then you add Behemoth, Taake, Avslut, Windir, Batushka, Wayfinder, tsjuder, Craft, Weigedood, Gaerea, 1349, Asagraum, Necrophobic, blackbraid, Zuriaake, Nordjevel, 1914, Winterfylleth, Dissection and I go on and on and on. 😂

Edited by Gorgoroth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Napalm Death’s Harmony Corruption is a masterpiece, I have that and all Carcass albums on vinyl except surgical steel.

Love Carcass, one of my favs.

Playing some Bolt Thrower now.

I listen to heaps of black metal but love everything from Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, W.A.S.P, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Kreator, Entombed, Morgoth, ie I don’t care the genre if it’s awesome I’ll listen to it.

Here here. Also love to spin vinyl. Might crack out Warmaster, Scum, Necrotism and Battles in the North in honour of the conversation today 🍻

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

No Motörhead as I was listing Black metal bands only and Motörhead are far from Black metal 😬

Ill check them out. Not heard them but always happy to try.

It was an addition to your supplementary list, alongside the pop metal of Def Leppard, you can add Blackshine and  Rammstein as well     who are a bit of an inflammatory inclusion  (in joke alert)

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

Both songs killer, but trying to add some diversity.

Mayhem I don’t mind but never loved, seen them 4 times now and it’s good, but I don’t know, something doesn’t click. But fully acknowledge they started the second wave pretty much, I mean rotting christ were around in 89 and others but it was really mayhem who gave the sound/ riff style and look.

I was going to add Agalloch, also Audn is one I love soooooooo much, then you add Behemoth, Taake, Avslut, Windir, Batushka, Wayfinder, tsjuder, Craft, Weigedood, Gaerea, 1349, Asagraum, Necrophobic, blackbraid, Zuriaake, Nordjevel, 1914, Winterfylleth, Dissection and I go on and on and on. 😂

Yes the diversity there is very good I just wanted to add some bangers!

Yeah that album is more for anyone wanting to understand Norway and Black Metal in the 90s, by far not the best band but one of the most influential. It's like telling someone to listen to Sabbath for the intro to metal/hard rock.

Behemoth is a great one to see live. Traditionally a black metal band but I believe the term thrown around is 'blackened death metal'. Slaves Shall Serve was a favourite of mine with them.

Dissection was one I was fascinated with for ages. How could you not be! It's been so long since I had a metal conversation like this with anyone for over 30 seconds.

Man I wish Spotify was around when I was deep into metal, would have saved a lot of money buying CDs from international Ebay stores! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DemonWA said:

Here here. Also love to spin vinyl. Might crack out Warmaster, Scum, Necrotism and Battles in the North in honour of the conversation today 🍻

Throned by blackstorms!

My signed Immortal poster from the 08 tour is still on my old bedroom wall at the folks house!

Edited by layzie
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yes the diversity there is very good I just wanted to add some bangers!

Yeah that album is more for anyone wanting to understand Norway and Black Metal in the 90s, by far not the best band but one of the most influential. It's like telling someone to listen to Sabbath for the intro to metal/hard rock.

Behemoth is a great one to see live. Traditionally a black metal band but I believe the term thrown around is 'blackened death metal'. Slaves Shall Serve was a favourite of mine with them.

Dissection was one I was fascinated with for ages. How could you not be! It's been so long since I had a metal conversation like this with anyone for over 30 seconds.

Man I wish Spotify was around when I was deep into metal, would have saved a lot of money buying CDs from international Ebay stores! 

Seen behemoth multiple times, but when they toured the satanist (their best album for me) and he had just beaten cancer that was one of the greatest gigs I’ve ever seen.

Saw Kampfar who are one of my fav bands live at Brutal assault in 2019 and they had their equipment and luggage sent to a different country so played with borrowed instruments and no stage equipment and to this day it’s in the top 3 shows I’ve ever seen, it was so good, my wife and I didn’t speak for about 2-3mins after the gig had ended and we were heading to the next stage, but kept looking at each other mesmerised.

WRONG THREAD. IMA JUST COPY N PASTE IT INTO THE APPROPRIATE THREAD.

Don’t mind me. As you were. 🙂

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

Seen behemoth multiple times, but when they toured the satanist (their best album for me) and he had just beaten cancer that was one of the greatest gigs I’ve ever seen.

Saw Kampfar who are one of my fav bands live at Brutal assault in 2019 and they had their equipment and luggage sent to a different country so played with borrowed instruments and no stage equipment and to this day it’s in the top 3 shows I’ve ever seen, it was so good, my wife and I didn’t speak for about 2-3mins after the gig had ended and we were heading to the next stage, but kept looking at each other mesmerised.

This is my problem Gorg, I was an absolute die hard in all things metal from early 2000s up until around 2013 and then slowly fell out of touch with a lot of it. So there's all these bands like Behemoth where I knew everything about them up until a certain time and then everything goes black!

Wow, Mrs into metal as well, great catch 😁. Surely Brutal Assault is the only reason to go the Czechnia. I'd still love to get to Wacken one of these days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, layzie said:

This is my problem Gorg, I was an absolute die hard in all things metal from early 2000s up until around 2013 and then slowly fell out of touch with a lot of it. So there's all these bands like Behemoth where I knew everything about them up until a certain time and then everything goes black!

Wow, Mrs into metal as well, great catch 😁. Surely Brutal Assault is the only reason to go the Czechnia. I'd still love to get to Wacken one of these days.

Wacken is 100k, way too many people. BA is 20k and perfect.

Czech republic is one of the best countries I’ve ever been too and I’ve been there multiple times, spent 4 weeks there this year, great food, great beers, amazing scenery and walks/ wildlife. I’d happily live there. 

Check out Behemoths the satanist, it’s a masterpiece. 

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

I loved Pampered Menial a lifetime ago.

Pampered Menial was a great album. So too, At the Sound of the Bell. I still listen to these albums from time to time just for the musicality of blending instruments - terrific arrangements from nowhere!

10 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Czech republic is one of the best countries I’ve ever been too and I’ve been there multiple times, spent 4 weeks there this year, great food, great beers, amazing scenery and walks/ wildlife. I’d happily live there. 

Oh God I've just had a bad moment, I knew BA was in Czech Republic but for some reason I was thinking about Chechnya for some stupid reason.

Never been to Czech, haven't done nearly enough Euro travel. 

I will do it, been so long since I listened to this kinda stuff but I will have an open mind!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Waken 2018 in the VIP camp writing for Metal Obsession was a gooooooood time

• Shocked 2

13 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

it was so good, my wife and I didn’t speak for about 2-3mins after the gig had ended and we were heading to the next stage, but kept looking at each other mesmerised.

… and nothing compares to this feeling. I’ve walked out of live shows, (not this kinda music but same applies) literally dumb-struck and next level mind-blown, and once composure is regained all I can say is ‘what just happened?!’ *Best feeling in the world. Period.

*Equal only to winning the premiership, of course.

Birth of my children, wedding day etc. will just hafta be content with second place. 😁

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Napalm Death’s Harmony Corruption is a masterpiece, I have that and all Carcass albums on vinyl except surgical steel.

Love Carcass, one of my favs.

Playing some Bolt Thrower now.

I listen to heaps of black metal but love everything from Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, W.A.S.P, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Kreator, Entombed, Morgoth, ie I don’t care the genre if it’s awesome I’ll listen to it.

We have similar tastes @Gorgoroth.

Bolt Thrower are my all time favourite DM band and Maiden are my all time favourite band. I’ve seen them 9 times including in New York, been on stage with them for Heaven can wait and am in the Flight 666 doco.

As far as some modern black metal goes, check out Panzerfaust, Worm, In Aphelion and Kampfar.

My albums of the year thus far are:

Wake - Thought Form Descent

Strigoi - Viscera

Faceless Burial - At the foothills of Deloration

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Oh man that would have ruled! Tell stories!!!

Could talk for hours about it but having breakfast with Enslaved or drinking free beers with Destruction and John Schaffer are a couple that come to mind. We were camping next to the lads from Alien Weaponry and their parents haha

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Beetle said:

We have similar tastes @Gorgoroth.

Bolt Thrower are my all time favourite DM band and Maiden are my all time favourite band. I’ve seen them 9 times including in New York, been on stage with them for Heaven can wait and am in the Flight 666 doco.

As far as some modern black metal goes, check out Panzerfaust, Worm, In Aphelion and Kampfar.

My albums of the year thus far are:

Wake - Thought Form Descent

Strigoi - Viscera

Faceless Burial - At the foothills of Deloration

Kampfar I mention multiple times, one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. I

have their new album on pre order, can’t wait for it.

One of my prize possessions is Live after death original Australian pressing and it’s in mint condition! 

Strigoi are awesome, saw them at Brutal Assault this year. 

Gaerea’s new album is great, the new Goatwhore and Watain are also amazing.

Hulder EP is also amazing.

Edited by Gorgoroth

6 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Kampfar I mention multiple times, one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. I

have their new album on pre order, can’t wait for it.

One of my prize possessions is Live after death original Australian pressing and it’s in mint condition! 

Strigoi are awesome, saw them at Brutal Assault this year. 

Gaerea’s new album is great, the new Goatwhore and Watain are also amazing.

Hulder EP is also amazing.

Yeah saw you mentioned Kampfar but could be bothered editing my post sorry.

I’ve also got an original mint pressing of LAD on vinyl. First vinyl album I owned.

I couldn’t get into the new Gaerea for some reason. New Goatwhore is solid - great first half, but some fillers in the second half of the album. Have met all those guys and ripper blokes.

My mates band Battlegrave have an album out called Cavernous Depths if you’re into Death/Thrash. Good fun listen.

Miscreance album Convergence is also well worth a listen. Proggy death/thrash with Death Influences.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Yeah saw you mentioned Kampfar but could be bothered editing my post sorry.

I’ve also got an original mint pressing of LAD on vinyl. First vinyl album I owned.

I couldn’t get into the new Gaerea for some reason. New Goatwhore is solid - great first half, but some fillers in the second half of the album. Have met all those guys and ripper blokes.

My mates band Battlegrave have an album out called Cavernous Depths if you’re into Death/Thrash. Good fun listen.

Miscreance album Convergence is also well worth a listen. Proggy death/thrash with Death Influences.

Battlegrave are very solid indeed. I buy pretty much anything that Bitter Loss put out in their label