Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Premiership dreams are made of KPF

ElDiablo14

10 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Well at least I hope and expect he will at least show a bit of flexibility in the game plan, or at very least reset what didn’t (for many reasons) work in 2022. 

Having competitive strong men up forward makes a huge difference and gives the mids confidence that every forward thrust won’t be immediately returned. 

Past tense - Franklin WAS a key forward, a great athlete but well past his prime.  

Franklin should have retired after his 1000th Goal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we need a key forward. Not for the Grand Final, but for the season.

We need somebody who helps make it easier for us to take advantage of our midfield effort more efficiently. They may not win us the Grand Final, but they’ll make it a lot easier to get there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I think we need a key forward. Not for the Grand Final, but for the season.

We need somebody who helps make it easier for us to take advantage of our midfield effort more efficiently. They may not win us the Grand Final, but they’ll make it a lot easier to get there.

I think we have already got one

Number 35

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sydney got absolutely bullied and smashed by the bigger bodies in the contest.

Up forward effectively Sydney played with Zero Key Forwards (Buddy finished), ( Reid Injured, injury prone and only plays well against MFC).

Their Forward line has been built on hybrids there tall stocks are unproven i.e Hickey, Reid, McDonald, Franklin (Finished).

The Bloods are a bunch of misfits who got put back in there place today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I think we have already got one

Number 35

I want this to happen but can you see Goody allowing this? 

Another defender has to be found for this to come to fruition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Sydney got absolutely bullied and smashed by the bigger bodies in the contest.

Up forward effectively Sydney played with Zero Key Forwards (Buddy finished), ( Reid Injured, injury prone and only plays well against MFC).

Their Forward line has been built on hybrids there tall stocks are unproven i.e Hickey, Reid, McDonald, Franklin (Finished).

The Bloods are a bunch of misfits who got put back in there place today.

The same bunch of misfits that beat us twice. 

Our tall forward stocks are in the same position as Sydney. Brown and T Mac (Passed it or injury prone) JVR (Unproven) Weid (Not up to it).

Just as we rely on Fritsch and Kossie for our goals, they rely on Heeney, Papley and Hayward.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

I have heard the Club want Disco as a Defender 

It will be an interesting off season 

• Thanks 2

Key forwards don't mean squat when all you do is bomb the ball in. Ben Brown had those 60+ goal seasons because the ball was delivered out in front of him on the lead. If he didn't mark it he got a free for his arms being chopped.

How often have we seen this year Brown taking a mark with arms outstretched in front of him from a pinpoint pass? I reckon we saw him spoiled by Fritta in a long bomb to a pack a hell of a lot more times

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

55 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

We have Tomlinson but he is on the outer, then Smith and the young Turner as options to allow Petty to go forward. If they aren’t good enough, I would suggest a key back comes cheaper than a key forward. But then I don’t think either ready mades of these two types of Key Position Player are available for trading? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

Capable forwards doesn't mean a huge KPF, and yes delivery is important.

I never said a capable forward needs to be huge 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Now that the season is over...and so is the GF.. I wanted to distract my head of thinking about Geelong Premiers 🤮🤮🤮🤮

We definitely need a huge KPF and not a injury prone and expensive Ruckman.

If we were to use all our resources and, despite the contractual circumstances of any of these KPF, who would DL take?

I have heard many names:

Harry McKay 

Ben King 

Logan McDonald

Any other KPF that may be available to us?

Discuss.

And sweet dreams are made of this!

15 hours ago, Redleg said:

Who won last year?

This game has been won by 22 blokes playing for each other, with relentless pressure and hardness at the ball, against a soft bunch of fumbly nervous boys.

That said I am sure we are looking for a key forward.

Spot on we won a flag with BB who’s a lead up fwd & Tmac defender come fwd  and was badly missed, need to find one who can take a contested mark as T mac injury is unknown 

Edited by Demonsone

14 hours ago, Jontee said:

Stengles 50 goals made a massive difference

Yeh, but Kossie got a few. AND he is still learning. Fritsch is there but not as a gorilla (more a guerilla) Bedford had the fumbles .

Maybe Bowey as a HFF and Petty as a big tough FWD

Have to agree a couple of key blokes who provide genuine aerial contest (TMac & Petty)would make a huge difference (they do not have to be stars. Our FWD line this year was one dimensional and our delivery in was trying to bounce the ball off Browns Head.

Does not work !!

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, adonski said:

Fair enough, but ultimately Jeelong have smashed the Swans in the middle & in general play. Jeelong would be winning today regardless of who they had up forward to kick it to.

Hawkins was pretty critical early, in making sure they got some reward for their midfield dominance. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rufus said:

You have 100% perfectly summed up what wins finals, and in reality what wins any game between decent sides. And also summed up how we failed this year.

Good thing is, in theory these things should be easier to fix than other problems (like huge talent gaps). Our players have shown they are capable before,  but are they prepared to go to the level required to do it again?

I hope our FD have also reviewed how Geel were at their best for the most important day. 

Kept their players fresh, by resting them when they needed it. Danger had a month or so off for a mid season fitness block, and look how fresh and good he was yesterday. 

We did the exact opposite. Kept playing injured or tired players, despite having capable VFL depth. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1