Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Daisy on Indigenous round and the minute's silence for the Queen

Grapeviney

40 minutes ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

The Left despise Andrew Bolt, so many on here need to check their blood pressure because I just mentioned his name. 🤣

I won't quote too much of his article in today's HS, but here's a snippet re Pearce.

Where did Pearce learn such a string of falsehoods and exaggerations? In school? And how many other young Australians have been coached into such hatred of our past and institutions?

In fact, there was no “genocide”, and while land was “stolen”, Aborigines today have some form of control over 49.3 per cent of Australia.

Nor has the Aboriginal culture and way of life been “erased” so much as adapted or abandoned.

Western civilisation is more attractive and makes for an easier life than foraging for yams and grass seeds. It’s also given Aboriginal women more rights than male-dominated tribes ever did.

As for the “stolen generations”, the courts are yet to find a single person “stolen” from their family just because they were Aboriginal, and not abandoned or in perceived danger.

Cue the melts, but if you disagree, try using facts over emotion.

And try not to argue with me.  I take no credit for Bolt's arguments.  I share because some may be interested.

You share because some may be interested?

Lol. 

It says far more about the person you are, behind that little alias, who would go out of their way to share an Andrew Bolt article on a football forum to get a 'response'.

You must feel so good about yourself big boy. 

Congrats on being a [censored] of a poster, Prodee. 

Edited by JimmyGadson
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Yes, I know.  So what ?

Leftist activist judge (and former terrible VFL footballer) Mordy Bromberg made a shocking judgment.

It's Rob Hulls legacy.

In fact, one of the complainants subsequently went on Bolt's television show and said he was right, which was a pretty brave thing to do.

Leftist judges unbelievably convicted George Pell, only for that verdict to be overturned by all 7 High Court Judges.  What an indictment on those pathetic judges.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

Yes, I know.  So what ?

Leftist activist judge (and former terrible VFL footballer) Mordy Bromberg made a shocking judgment.

It's Rob Hulls legacy.

In fact, one of the complainants subsequently went on Bolt's television show and said he was right, which was a pretty brave thing to do.

Leftist judges unbelievably convicted George Pell, only for that verdict to be overturned by all 7 High Court Judges.  What an indictment on those pathetic judges.

So your hero that you're quoting, apparently because you believe they're either reputable or relevant, was legally found to be using "erroneous facts, distortions of the truth and inflammatory and provocative language".

Says a lot about you that that's your go to person when deciding what you think about these kind of issues.

I think most here have shown they're open to discussion and understand there's nuance, but going straight for Andrew Bolt and ranting about 'the left' reveals more about you than the topic at hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

So your hero that you're quoting, apparently because you believe they're either reputable or relevant, was legally found to be using "erroneous facts, distortions of the truth and inflammatory and provocative language".

Says a lot about you that that's your go to person when deciding what you think about these kind of issues.

I think most here have shown they're open to discussion and understand there's nuance, but going straight for Andrew Bolt and ranting about 'the left' reveals more about you than the topic at hand.

So Mordy, once a factional member of the ALP and former ALP candidate ruled against Bolt ?  Shock horror.

If you want to refute the comments in Bolts article you're welcome.

But I'm entirely unsurprised in your two posts since some of it was shared you've declined to do so.

Unless you share sometning more meaningful don't expect a response.

Edited by Hannibal Inc.
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

So Mordy, once a factional member of the ALP and former ALP candidate ruled against Bolt ?  Shock horror.

If you want to refute the comments in Bolts article you're welcome.

But I'm entirely unsurprised in your two posts since some of it was shared you've declined to do so.

Unless you share sometning more meaningful don't expect a response.

Bolt's comments need not be refuted or responded to given his standing and history on issues such as this.

Going straight for the old 'the left' argument shows how much standing should be given to your thoughts on the issue also.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

Cue the melts, but if you disagree, try using facts over emotion.

Well you go first. Literally nothing you quoted here is fact, at best some of it is misinterpreted statistics used to concoct an argument to disguise an overt bias.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Well you go first. Literally nothing you quoted here is fact, at best some of it is misinterpreted statistics used to concoct an argument to disguise an overt bias.

The onus is on you to go through each point and prove their falsehoods.

It's entirely unsurprising to me that you're not up to the task.

And if you're right, I'm sure those in the wider community (who disagree with him) will be at pains to point out his errors.  Perhaps you're waiting for others to show the way.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

It's entirely unsurprising to me that you're not up to the task.

And if you're right, I'm sure those in the wider community (who disagree with him) will be at pains to point out his errors.  Perhaps you're waiting for others to show the way.

Love the ol’ onus-dump. 

“Here is a wheelbarrow full of two year-old potatoes. The onus is on you to peel them and tell me if they are rotten.”

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

The politics of politeness & respectability are always a good way to shut down conversations people don’t want to have.

‘Now isn’t the time’ or ‘it’s disrespectful to discuss that right now’ are all great ways to shut down debate. 

• Like 2

I was at a meeting last week in Alice Springs with a traditional owner of a National Park that I work with and he asked for a minute silence and wanted to know where he could put some flowers. Point being, don’t generalise an entire group of people base on their race. Daisy probably needs to visit some remote communities and realise most countrymen don’t give a stuff one way or the other about most of the things that people on the east coast seem to think are important. Just my opinion 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

So she should shut up and not talk about anything else but football when asked, despite this being about her teamates??? Its more than politics

By her standing in AFLW she is a spokesperson for her teamates

Exactly, why the hell can't players talk about the round they are playing in? Give us a spell!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dockett 32 said:

Not really into virtue signalling.

The Queen wasn’t born when the colonisation took place.

l thought the Queen was decent individual who pretty much dedicated her life to service and her role. 

But l understand your point of view.

But you understand she personally signed the Act that legalised the stolen generation? See Deanox's post on the previous page

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

48 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

But you understand she personally signed the Act that legalised the stolen generation? See Deanox's post on the previous page

My father & my father in law were both taken from their birth mothers (1920's & 1930's) one to an orphanage & one to foster parents.

Both had crappy experiences which scarred them deeply. Seems if this happened to anglo kids its just standard operation but if you are Indigenous then you are part of a stolen generation - I don't see the difference.

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

I think you'll find the rate of indigenous children taken from their parents is much, much higher than that of non indigenous 

Might need to keep the adoption of all children in Australia and the relevant numbers , for another day. l reckon there could be another polarising issue at hand on that one. Same too, of the Queen personally signing an Australian Act of Parliament in lieu of the normal Governor General precedent. Suffice to say, l would personally hope  and  like to believe that she would have done so in this instance maybe symbolically and with the best of intentions .

Also once approved  by Parliament, legislation  is normally / never knocked back or retracted as far as l know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

You started out by quoting Bolt espousing the virtues of Western civilisation and now you’re saying the onus is on others to disprove your theories? I’m not sure that’s the cornerstone of western democratic values. It literally works the other way by design.

But keep going. You’re nailing this 👍

• Like 3

Super proud of Daisy and, more importantly, her teammates or those in her life who are playing important roles in educating others. She is a beaut and has the profile, but I reckon there's a fair few in that team who are making sure that there is better cultural awareness and understanding than what we've had until now. (Make them all queen/king for a day then abolish the whole thing.)

• Like 5

As for Daisy, fantastic. Singlehandedly shaking up the football commentary old boys'' club. She also had some great comments a month or so back when she responded to the put-down from Brereton and the like in regards to her doing Friday night football. Her point about people being able to recognise themselves in what they see and there not being a single, canonical POV was both insightful and spot on. Long may she reign.

• Like 8