Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: SF vs Brisbane

Demonland

4 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

Has anyone else watched the replay?

Pleading ignorance on this Jack, I didn't watch it. 

And I usually don't unless I really want to do an autopsy of what went wrong which is rare, it was just too much this time round. Still raw and won't change anything so I took the tape and threw it in the trash. 

Edited by layzie

1 hour ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

Has anyone else watched the replay?

Once was enough.

I am not going to delude myself into thinking umpiring was the difference. We need to make changes, my eyes have seen it all season long.

• Like 3

Much has been made of our lack of pressure.  This paints a different picture.

image.png.6b1426c35596626107342c1dff730475.png

We ran into a red hot Sydney and then a red hot Brisbane. 

For some reason we eased up in the second quarter vs Brsibane, gave them some momentum and that last 10 seconds goal, thanks to a Viney lapse, gave them a look in and kept them in touch on the scoreboard.

Collingwood and Freo would have wilted in comparison.

So we aren't doing as badly on the pressure stakes as the media makes out.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

For some reason we eased up in the second quarter vs Brsibane, gave them some momentum and that last 10 seconds goal, thanks to a Viney lapse, gave them a look in and kept them in touch on the scoreboard.

That makes sense, I think our pressure was ok in these games but just not consistent enough when it counted. That and the fact we were really out pressured by the opposition. 

7 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Collingwood would have wilted?

Too many David King numbers and not enough watching from the stands in that theory.

The Pies were gone by several goals against Sydney in the home and away..watching them one would be excused for thinking it was nail bitingly close.

Not a side for wilting..this year at least.

You'd have to absolutely smash then and cut Pendlebury's head off,smash the Yanks glasses and nobble DeGoey to be sure,no matter what the numbers suggest 

Edited by IRW

Thought I'd share something I heard today as this is a Melbourne supporter fan forum after all. Hopefully saty has me on ignore cause this will ruin his week. 

My old man is mates with a bloke who catches up with May regularly, (won't say why because we all want to remain anonymous here). 

They caught up after the Semi and May mentioned that he'd had a stern talking to from Goody due to going against team rules for two reasons. One was with kick-outs when he stopped kicking long to Gawn due to trying to win the game late. And second, when he sent Petty forward. Yes, Petty went forward under May's instruction. 

Was in trouble for both. 

Take it with a you know what, thought I'd share. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Thought I'd share something I heard today as this is a Melbourne supporter fan forum after all. Hopefully saty has me on ignore cause this will ruin his week. 

My old man is mates with a bloke who catches up with May regularly, (won't say why because we all want to remain anonymous here). 

They caught up after the Semi and May mentioned that he'd had a stern talking to from Goody due to going against team rules for two reasons. One was with kick-outs when he stopped kicking long to Gawn due to trying to win the game late. And second, when he sent Petty forward. Yes, Petty went forward under May's instruction. 

Was in trouble for both. 

Take it with a you know what, thought I'd share. 

So May told Petty to go forward and Petty was like “yep sure dude I’m off”? And Goody knew nothing about it? In an elimination final? 
I call BS. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:20 AM, Nasher said:

Glad you were right dazz. You must be stoked, congratulations!

Lol but I wasn't right.. I tipped us to comfortably beat Brisbane.

But I was right about team selection being a shamozzle huh? Funny that.. 

7 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

So May told Petty to go forward and Petty was like “yep sure dude I’m off”? And Goody knew nothing about it? In an elimination final? 
I call BS. 

Oh Jaded. 

Is it that unbelievable that when you're down and out in a semi final with five minutes to go, one of your leaders would send a key position player forward to try and win the game? 

I don't think it is. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Is it that unbelievable that when you're down and out in a semi final with five minutes to go, one of your leaders would send a key position player forward to try and win the game? 

I don't think it is. 

I had a mate who was at ground level who also said that May sent Petty forward.  An executive decision is sometimes needed in crisis time

Seen it happen at local level hundreds of times. Often blokes just moving themselves forward or back (usually back) I did it myself once or twice

We are 2 or 3 scores down with a few minutes to go.  It wouldn't have surprised me to see May move himself forward however, the words to Petty included 'I've got them covered' (as in, I'll cover for you) Or words to that effect

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Two things:

The May discussion - sounds like BS to me. Even if Steven May did that off his own bat, there is no way he would have been given a stern talking to about it since it was such a successful move. So somewhere the reportage must be wrong.

The JJC comments about the last quarter – I have watched the replay too, and I agree with him. We were crucified by the umpires, but I accept that that is part of the game. What I also see is that despite everyone saying how fatigued we were, in fact, once we got close, we were running all over them. Which tells me that it is mental fatigue, not physical fatigue.

1 minute ago, Ollie fan said:

Two things:

The May discussion - sounds like BS to me. Even if Steven May did that off his own bat, there is no way he would have been given a stern talking to about it since it was such a successful move. So somewhere the reportage must be wrong.

Why would the feedback be [censored]? 

Goody wasn't happy that May went against the coaches moves. That better? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

Two things:

The JJC comments about the last quarter – I have watched the replay too, and I agree with him. We were crucified by the umpires, but I accept that that is part of the game. What I also see is that despite everyone saying how fatigued we were, in fact, once we got close, we were running all over them. Which tells me that it is mental fatigue, not physical fatigue.

Making the coach look bad would make Simon happy?...i would not be so sure with Goodwin.

i got the feeling in 2021 he was on best behaviour and basically told to listen to his assistant coaches.

2022 so many facets of our game went slightly backwards i would not be at all surprised if we relaxed on him and he went back into normal Goodwin, i got this mode.  Could list about 20 areas i believe we regressed.    

We got a great list, i don't think we got a great coach though honestly.    Most coaches would do very well with our current list fwiw.

37 minutes ago, Macca said:

I had a mate who was at ground level who also said that May sent Petty forward.  An executive decision is sometimes needed in crisis time

Seen it happen at local level hundreds of times. Often blokes just moving themselves forward or back (usually back) I did it myself once or twice

We are 2 or 3 scores down with a few minutes to go.  It wouldn't have surprised me to see May move himself forward however, the words to Petty included 'I've got them covered' (as in, I'll cover for you) Or words to that effect

If what is true what May did with Petty then brilliant I say!

Coaches were incredibly slow to react this year when teams got on a roll on.

So a senior players takes matters in his own hands and decided to try and bite the bullet while our coaches sit on their hands all game.

All I see here is a senior player had s gutful that our coaches didn't have a plan B so he did what he thought would benefit the team. Funny enough it nearly won us the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If what is true what May did with Petty then brilliant I say!

Coaches were incredibly slow to react this year when teams got on a roll on.

So a senior players takes matters in his own hands and decided to try and bite the bullet while our coaches sit on their hands all game.

All I see here is a senior player had s gutful that our coaches didn't have a plan B so he did what he thought would benefit the team. Funny enough it nearly won us the game.

I don't quite see it the same way, dazzle

So not so much going against the coach more so just trying to win a game with an executive decision

It doesn't mean that May is even disrespecting Goodwin either.  He just made a decision and Petty could have said no (as well)

I've spoken to about a dozen people about the May move ... those who were shocked didn't play much footy but those who played a bit weren't shocked at all

I'm glad JG put it out there first though. I wasn't going solo on this one haha

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

I don't quite see it the same way, dazzle

So not so much going against the coach more so just trying to win a game with an executive decision

It doesn't mean that May is even disrespecting Goodwin either.  He just made a decision and Petty could have said no (as well)

I've spoken to about a dozen people about the May move ... those who were shocked didn't play much footy but those who played a bit weren't shocked at all

I'm glad JG put it out there first though. I wasn't going solo on this one haha

As someone who is still actively playing footy I'm certainly not surprised one bit that this is player driven.

Think people will be surprised how often this happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

As someone who is still actively playing footy I'm certainly not surprised one bit that this is player driven.

Think people will be surprised how often this happens.

Got a Pie mate who reckons that Darcy Moore moved himself forward in the last 90 seconds of the game against the Swans

And left Franklin all on his own

Game on the line and if you lose, there's no tomorrow

Edited by Macca

42 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I hope for Goodwin's sake it was his call rather than May's.

Petty was responsible for literally every score involvement which gave us a faint chance, and therefore I assumed it was good coaching by a coach that didn't have a great 2022. 

And if it was made by May great proactive move, should've been made 5 minutes earlier 

• Love 1