Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2022 Finals Tickets

Ollie fan

M 1.    12 rows back,  but is that behind the  cheer squad. 
i got  away from the cheers squad in 73 or 74

what am I doing back there,   I am one hell of a lot more sedate now,  B2B. Go Dees

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

It is offensive.

All members should be treated as equals.

You may think money gives you privileges,  (in some cases it does, as many like the closed and locked doors, or opportunities that power and influence creates), but those on high horses looking down on the peasants ("plebs"), wow.

I can't believe that status bigotry still exist in this world where diversity is being championed. It is the same attitude as racism, sexism etcetera. 

I truly apologize if that is how you took my comment. Perhaps my wording was poor. 
As I clearly stated above I think ALL members should get access to tickets ahead of non members. But to suggest that those who pay more should not get priority is just ridiculous.  

Those who choose to pay a premium price for a product which specifically states priority access to finals and grand final tickets, deserve to receive that priority. It’s like paying $100,000 for a car or $10,000 for a car and expecting the same quality of product. 

If next Friday was the grand final and I got crappier seats than someone who paid $66 for their membership during that marketing blitz we did, I would be fuming. I pay 10 times that because I want the full package that comes with the price tag, not because I have money to throw around. My yearly membership is a big expense that I save for every year. It’s not something I just afford without a second thought. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I truly apologize if that is how you took my comment. Perhaps my wording was poor. 
As I clearly stated above I think ALL members should get access to tickets ahead of non members. But to suggest that those who pay more should not get priority is just ridiculous.  

Those who choose to pay a premium price for a product which specifically states priority access to finals and grand final tickets, deserve to receive that priority. It’s like paying $100,000 for a car or $10,000 for a car and expecting the same quality of product. 

If next Friday was the grand final and I got crappier seats than someone who paid $66 for their membership during that marketing blitz we did, I would be fuming. I pay 10 times that because I want the full package that comes with the price tag, not because I have money to throw around. My yearly membership is a big expense that I save for every year. It’s not something I just afford without a second thought. 

I don't believe you would ever attack other members Jaded and I know you don't see them as plebs. I believe you and I have the same level membership and that the comment was likely made out of frustration yesterday, I had plenty of frustration of my own yesterday trust me on that.

I moved up to this level before 2017, the finals tickets guarantee was appealing as we were on the up and I knew if we were going to play finals, I needed to be there. Apart from 2018 thats a fair bit of momey spent for no finals privelage. Fast forward to yesterday and the system is just hanging there 45 mins after the release time and I'm hearing about people getting in and out quickly and buying tickets for non members or getting seats super close to their regular area. No we shouldn't live in tiered classes but this really was one of the reasons I bought this membership. The last two years I and many others didn't ask for a refund and left the money in the club because we believed in it as an institution, this is during a period where many lost jobs too. I am also not loaded with extra cash to splash around, this expense is budgeted for carefully.

I love and have utmost respect for anyone who takes out a membership with MFC and yes we are equals. I do get what Kev is saying it was just a really tough set of circumstances yesterday and a stressful exercise for no reason.

I am very happy with the seats I got though, bring it on. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, layzie said:

I do get what Kev is saying 

There exist bigotry to lower social classes.

I was pointing it out or as it is said, "calling it out".

47 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I truly apologize if that is how you took my comment

Thankyou Jaded for your sincere apology. 

That word created a problem for me.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 640MD said:

what am I doing back there,   I am one hell of a lot more sedate now,  B2B. Go Dees

I think you'll find that you're to the right of the cheer squad who will be in M3. They sell bay M3 as restricted view (cheaper) because the cheer squad are in front of you. I have a seat in M3 (Row HH so well back). I won't be sitting in my seat. Rather Ill be standing in M9.

• Like 1

NOTICED THIS ON THE MFC WEBSITE

In the finals hub area, as pointed out by Lucifers Hero

Information on Open Training sessions will be available in the coming days.

We can't wait to see you out at Gosch's Paddock.

Our Open Training sessions throughout finals will be presented by club partner, Beyond Bank.

@DubDee @Winners at last

Hoping they update us soon!

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kev martin said:

NOTICED THIS ON THE MFC WEBSITE

In the finals hub area, as pointed out by Lucifers Hero

Information on Open Training sessions will be available in the coming days.

We can't wait to see you out at Gosch's Paddock.

Our Open Training sessions throughout finals will be presented by club partner, Beyond Bank.

@DubDee @Winners at last

Hoping they update us soon!

Thanks Kev

Indeed hope it is soon, a sunny weekend session would be perfect, hope they dont miss the opportunity for a big crowd

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

SEN just reported on the ticket sales from yesterday... apparently 38K tickets were sold for our game. 62k for Geelong v Collingwood. 

There was nothing on what sections were sold or how many MCC guest passes are included in that figure. Based on that, I think we are looking at a crowd of 60-65k.

The MCC sold in excess of 8000 reserved, with the extra seats allocated in Q level. The remaining 13k will rely on walk-ups on the day, that is my understanding. Happy to be corrected  

AFL Reserve and MCC bordering close to capacity. GA as well. Predict 65k-70k.

1 hour ago, M_9 said:

I think you'll find that you're to the right of the cheer squad who will be in M3. They sell bay M3 as restricted view (cheaper) because the cheer squad are in front of you. I have a seat in M3 (Row HH so well back). I won't be sitting in my seat. Rather Ill be standing in M9.

They sell M3 as category 7 because it’s a dry bay not because it’s restricted view.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, praha said:

Category 1-4 for public reserve is sold out. Bays Q54-55 & Q1-Q10 look like they are the only remaining seats available and they are already 50% sold too. It could be an 85,000 plus crowd?

Edited by Bonkers
bay numbers

21 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Category 1-4 for public reserve is sold out. Bays Q54-55 & Q1-Q10 look like they are the only remaining seats available and they are already 50% sold too. It could be an 85,000 plus crowd?

Not quite, they havent put a fair portion of the ground on sale.

Q31-Q34 rows Q-MM not on sale yet

Q49-Q55 Rows BB-MM not on sale yet 

Q1-Q6 rows U-DD not on sale yet 

Afl Reserve Q18-Q27 rows K-DD not on sale yet

Looks a 65K crowd to me but hope to be wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Not quite, they havent put a fair portion of the ground on sale.

Q31-Q34 rows Q-MM not on sale yet

Q49-Q55 Rows BB-MM not on sale yet 

Q1-Q6 rows U-DD not on sale yet 

Afl Reserve Q18-Q27 rows K-DD not on sale yet

Looks a 65K crowd to me but hope to be wrong.

Do those parts of the ground only go on sale if what's been released gets sold out? 

Or do they go on sale at a later date? 

13 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Do those parts of the ground only go on sale if what's been released gets sold out? 

Or do they go on sale at a later date? 

Correct, they usually let the bays that are currently on sale fill up to about 75% and then will start putting more into the system.

I suspect what is currently on sale will sell out and maybe a little bit more.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kev martin said:

It is offensive.

All members should be treated as equals.

You may think money gives you privileges,  (in some cases it does, as many like the closed and locked doors, or opportunities that power and influence creates), but those on high horses looking down on the peasants ("plebs"), wow.

I can't believe that status bigotry still exist in this world where diversity is being championed. It is the same attitude as racism, sexism etcetera. 

I was doing so well refraining from responding to that particular post despite being offended by it. But now that you’ve posted this Kev, I just need to add something …
Not everyone has the wherewithal to afford the MacDaddy membership. But they may volunteer for the MFC in some capacity. Or they turn up each and every week. Or they buy merch from the Demon Shop. Or some/all of these things. 
I understand the poster’s frustration. But it’s the use of the word ‘plebs’ that I found offensive and hurtful. 

Also, it’s not ok to offend someone then add the codicil (or preface) ‘No offence intended…’ as though that negates the offensive comment. Coz it doesn’t. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, 640MD said:

The cheer squad is always in Bay M3. So you’re safe. 😄 But good luck with remaining sedate! 

17 hours ago, praha said:

Not necessarily.  The MCC tickets sold (out according to the MCC) are quite a minority of the members reserve.  A lot will depend on those prepared to queue on the day for the majority of seats which are walk ups.  I don't see Q Section level 4 being packed for a swans game.  Max of 70K I reckon.

Prelim would be full.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Not necessarily.  The MCC tickets sold (out according to the MCC) are quite a minority of the members reserve.  A lot will depend on those prepared to queue on the day for the majority of seats which are walk ups.  I don't see Q Section level 4 being packed for a swans game.  Max of 70K I reckon.

Prelim would be full.

MCC reserved seating this year was 14/23K and that was further extended by 1.6K into the Ponsford so I imagine the MCC will be packed.

Its the AFL that wont be full on level 4.

3 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

MCC reserved seating this year was 14/23K and that was further extended by 1.6K into the Ponsford so I imagine the MCC will be packed.

I hope your right but for the QF that doesn't look the case from the map on the website. No level 3, and most of Level 2 walkup. Most of Level 4 walk up and fewer bays on Level 1.

24 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The cheer squad is always in Bay M3. So you’re safe. 😄 But good luck with remaining sedate! 

Half my luck, I’ve landed seats in M4.  Funny thing is I like watching footy from a tv perspective and tried to snag a seat in one of the stands.  Turns out with the superior use of my technological skills I somehow ended down in the terraces.

The upside being WCW, I’ve never seen you before but I’m sure I will be able to hear you (and I’ll be looking for the person that is fist pumping their chest after we smash the Swannies) LETS GO DEES!

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

I hope your right but for the QF that doesn't look the case from the map on the website. No level 3, and most of Level 2 walkup. Most of Level 4 walk up and fewer bays on Level 1.

Do you know which rows of level 4 are walk up? 

I'm an MCC but booked reserved seats. Got straight in just after 9 am and the best I got for three seats was row Q which is a fair way back. 

32 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

A lot of MCC members would have reserved a seat on level 4 to make sure they get a ticket just in case but they'll walk down to sit on level 1 or 2 on the night.

31 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Not sure what you are talking about. All of level 4 in the mcc went up for reserved seating.

• Like 1