Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CASEY: QF vs Sydney

Demonland

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

That hit on Taj. And he was out of bounds when he was flattened. 😡

Yep the bloke thought about it and still went him high, and the old man wasn't too impressed either as would i..

• Like 2

Maybe the satellite feed is superior here beyond the horizon. But much to be ebullient about with some commendable performances on display by many of the younger brigade today.

Deakyn Smith; not afraid to get amongst it plus has some top defensive skills. Daniel Turner; a courageous player, who backs his judgement and is able to deliver the ball to his team's advantage. Toby Bedford; poised to go beyond a few in the senior side (hope he stays). Pressure and tackling were first rate. Jacob Van Rooyen; has had the opportunity to develop his game at Casey. Will make a definite impact at AFL level. Blake Howes, Taj Woewodin and Fraser Rosman also caught the eye and will have further opportunities to shine in this VFL final series.

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Yep the bloke thought about it and still went him high, and the old man wasn't too impressed either as would i..

Kudos to Shane for keeping his cool. 

• Like 5

I heard a commentator say that one of the swans older player could go to the bush leagues and get more money.

Is that true? 

An indictment of the AFL not sharing with the VFL clubs or the other 2nd teirs around the country. 

I was shocked by that opinion, perhaps a fact.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, kev martin said:

I heard a commentator say that one of the swans older player could go to the bush leagues and get more money.

Is that true? 

An indictment of the AFL not sharing with the VFL clubs or the other 2nd teirs around the country. 

I was shocked by that opinion.

T-mac actually said that, Kev. During that interview in the last quarter the interviewer commented on how good our VFL players are, not the likes of Tomlinson etc. but the long term VFL players. T-mac sincerely praised them and said they could be playing country league footy for a lot more money but choose to remain in our VFL team. 
I too was surprised to hear that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Is that true? 

I was shocked by that opinion.

Yeah, I heard that too. The salary cap for VFL is $110,000 which has to be spread amongst a small humber of non-AFL players (it's double for stand alone clubs ie $220k). Metro and country leagues typically have salary caps between $100K and up to $300K but I imagine those caps might typically be swallowed up by only a few elite players. 

I guess you play VFL footy to give you the best shot at being drafted by an AFL club, rather than money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (TV series) - Wikipedia

This is Admiral Nelson , ALL STOP ( All Stop Aye eye Admiral)

Lee what do you make of it?

Capt Crane. Not sure Admiral last thing I recall we seemed to be heading into some sort or vortex. A Vortex?? What is that??

Ah Come on Admiral ya know when ya empty the plug and it goes round in circles?? 

Admiral Nelson Ah Yes sorry I havent read this weeks script! 

Anyway thats the last thing I recall! 

Capt Crane it seems like a swamp of some description that we are in but wait lets crack the hatch and take a look

Admiral Nelson, Lee what is it? 

Looks like we have landed in this swamp and near by is a playing field of some description, but Jeepers is it wet and boggy outside. Hang on some guy with no 38 on his back has just kicked a what looks like a Gridiron ball through 2 sticks and players are attacking him from all angles all wearing the same colors, but why Capt?

Lets take a closer look eh 

Yes and please put it on your tricorder!

Admiral this isn't Star Trek, its Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!!

Admiral Nelson. Oh yes I forgot .... Sorry Irwin... I mean Mr Allen!

Hey Capt there;s a strange looking bloke coming towards us. 

PF Gday Harry, Lee yeah I know pretty wet but its been raining solid here for days. Look dont have time to explain but gotta get a report out for the tragics at Demonland, Come with me a see the action...

Demonlanders had the pleasure of watching a very good complete DEESTROYATION Today at Casey Fields!

Yep bloody boggy under foot but ground was pretty good. Here is my report, and rather than go through all players I'll just give some random thoughts

LUKE DUNSTAN Clearly BOG he was not dissimilar to Clarry when on song and he just was the catalyst to an impressive win, for all the talk about his disposal I thought he was very good and kicked some ripper goals

MITCH BROWN Wow what a strong performance lead well was clever , took some very strong grabs and kicked 5 goals great game

DEAKYN SMITH  Flashy , Fearless , and very good footy smarts played a great defensive game

JACOB VAN ROOYEN bookmark this, Kid will be a STAR, still Raw , but as jack Dyer would say he is "Learning the caper well" and as Jack would further say.... "Has telescopic [censored] arms" LOL.. Took a great MOTD and converted but could easily have kicked a few more goals

T.MAC would be pleased to get through unscathed and set up some nice plays and will only get better

DANIEL TURNER, really solid performance and repelled many forward entries.

WEEDS, Forced to ruck and did a pretty good job and was involved in some nice plays

FRASER ROZMAN BEST game I have seen him play, linked up well and has a very penetrating kick on him

ADAM T Very good game rebounded well and was very solid

JOEL SMITH Got involved and created a target getting back to some good footy

TOBY BEDFORD, Fine line between doing too much and getting caught and being brilliant, a few times overan it but got better as the game progressed

TAJ WOWOEDIN Watch this space will become a very good player, courageous and smart ball user

KADE CHANDLER Provided us with the goal of the day but doesn't quite do enough consistently

finally speacial mention to 2 Casey Players JAMES MUNRO and GEORGE GRAY, CAN BOTH PLAY and are the barometers for this team, also MATT BUNTINE calm and Composed. Thats about it

Gotta Go the SEAVIEW is about to be attacked by a GIANT SWAMP CREATURE.

GO DEES 

P.F

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Big Col said:

The salary cap for VFL is $110,000 which has to be spread amongst a small humber of non-AFL players (it's double for stand alone clubs ie $220k).

Wow there's not much to spread around. There are 24 players listed on the VFL Casey site. Barely $4000 a person if evenly distributed. 

Time spent travelling (interstate), training, professional development and other support like physio and psychologists. 

Nearly be better off financially being the cleaner.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Wow there's not much to spread around. There are 24 players listed on the VFL Casey site. Barely $4000 a person if evenly distributed. 

Interstate flights, training, professional development and other support like physio and psychologists. 

Nearly be better off financially being the cleaner.

Yeah, I'd imagine someone like Mitch White might be on a contract, but most players would just get match payments.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Yeah, I'd imagine someone like Mitch White might be on a contract, but most players would just get match payments.

Shame, there is only money for the very elite.

Good to see the women making some inroads, with some able to go full time. Still not enough though.

Great dedication to sport, no wonder the contracted players get something from being around those doing it mainly for the love.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Yeah, I heard that too. The salary cap for VFL is $110,000 which has to be spread amongst a small humber of non-AFL players (it's double for stand alone clubs ie $220k). Metro and country leagues typically have salary caps between $100K and up to $300K but I imagine those caps might typically be swallowed up by only a few elite players. 

I guess you play VFL footy to give you the best shot at being drafted by an AFL club, rather than money.

Didn't know that the cap for stand alone teams was so low. Goes a way to explain why they aren't the force in Victoria they once were.

I assume Southport Sharks have less competition for local talent

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (TV series) - Wikipedia

This is Admiral Nelson , ALL STOP ( All Stop Aye eye Admiral)

Lee what do you make of it?

Capt Crane. Not sure Admiral last thing I recall we seemed to be heading into some sort or vortex. A Vortex?? What is that??

Ah Come on Admiral ya know when ya empty the plug and it goes round in circles?? 

Admiral Nelson Ah Yes sorry I havent read this weeks script! 

Anyway thats the last thing I recall! 

Capt Crane it seems like a swamp of some description that we are in but wait lets crack the hatch and take a look

Admiral Nelson, Lee what is it? 

Looks like we have landed in this swamp and near by is a playing field of some description, but Jeepers is it wet and boggy outside. Hang on some guy with no 38 on his back has just kicked a what looks like a Gridiron ball through 2 sticks and players are attacking him from all angles all wearing the same colors, but why Capt?

Lets take a closer look eh 

Yes and please put it on your tricorder!

Admiral this isn't Star Trek, its Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!!

Admiral Nelson. Oh yes I forgot .... Sorry Irwin... I mean Mr Allen!

Hey Capt there;s a strange looking bloke coming towards us. 

PF Gday Harry, Lee yeah I know pretty wet but its been raining solid here for days. Look dont have time to explain but gotta get a report out for the tragics at Demonland, Come with me a see the action...

Demonlanders had the pleasure of watching a very good complete DEESTROYATION Today at Casey Fields!

Yep bloody boggy under foot but ground was pretty good. Here is my report, and rather than go through all players I'll just give some random thoughts

LUKE DUNSTAN Clearly BOG he was not dissimilar to Clarry when on song and he just was the catalyst to an impressive win, for all the talk about his disposal I thought he was very good and kicked some ripper goals

MITCH BROWN Wow what a strong performance lead well was clever , took some very strong grabs and kicked 5 goals great game

DEAKYN SMITH  Flashy , Fearless , and very good footy smarts played a great defensive game

JACOB VAN ROOYEN bookmark this, Kid will be a STAR, still Raw , but as jack Dyer would say he is "Learning the caper well" and as Jack would further say.... "Has telescopic [censored] arms" LOL.. Took a great MOTD and converted but could easily have kicked a few more goals

T.MAC would be pleased to get through unscathed and set up some nice plays and will only get better

DANIEL TURNER, really solid performance and repelled many forward entries.

WEEDS, Forced to ruck and did a pretty good job and was involved in some nice plays

FRASER ROZMAN BEST game I have seen him play, linked up well and has a very penetrating kick on him

ADAM T Very good game rebounded well and was very solid

JOEL SMITH Got involved and created a target getting back to some good footy

TOBY BEDFORD, Fine line between doing too much and getting caught and being brilliant, a few times overan it but got better as the game progressed

TAJ WOWOEDIN Watch this space will become a very good player, courageous and smart ball user

KADE CHANDLER Provided us with the goal of the day but doesn't quite do enough consistently

finally speacial mention to 2 Casey Players JAMES MUNRO and GEORGE GRAY, CAN BOTH PLAY and are the barometers for this team, also MATT BUNTINE calm and Composed. Thats about it

Gotta Go the SEAVIEW is about to be attacked by a GIANT SWAMP CREATURE.

GO DEES 

P.F

Thanks for your good work again picket.

I didn't watch all the game ..... but bits and pieces of each quarter. Like you, I thought Weid did ok in the ruck.

I noticed on a few occasions that he managed to get handballs off out of congested and pack situations and create plays. I've not seen this so consistently from him previously 

I had written Weid off but he was impressive today.  

Is he still a chance to make an AFL footballer - especially if we lose Dogga?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Thanks for your good work again picket.

I didn't watch all the game ..... but bits and pieces of each quarter. Like you, I thought Weid did ok in the ruck.

I noticed on a few occasions that he managed to get handballs off out of congested and pack situations and create plays. I've not seen this so consistently from him previously 

I had written Weid off but he was impressive today.  

Is he still a chance to make an AFL footballer - especially if we lose Dogga?

No, just cant see it unfortunately!

Edited by picket fence
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Can I just say kudos to Jason Bennett who has called many women's games over the past few days and called our game today.

He’s been calling AFLW games for years, as well as VFL games, many times with Nigel Carmody. Their commentary is infinitely better than that of those other buffoons. 

• Like 4

So happy to read this from the coach about Sam:

“All credit to him – he was given a different role during the week and to come out and impact the game that way, he had 10 hit-outs to advantage, was outstanding,” Corrigan said. “Also his ability to help around the ground, get after it, his ability to change his role within the team was influential.”

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Bedford had a "nearly" spectacular game

A bounce here, a few more inches there and we would be singing his praises.

Aussie Rules can be a tough game

Don't think our boundary line game favours his style. Needs more room to use his speed to run onto the ball

Second half of the 2nd quarter & third quarter were impressive.

Talk about jets.  He was really on in the above quarters today and IMHO came out of the blocks hunting, scrapping but also blitzing the opponent with & without the ball in these stages.  Still got a way to go to put full games (playing at that level) together but that will come with time and the extra pre-season or two.

Burst speed is incredible at VFL level and his closing pressure / tackling was off the charts.  So many Swans looked in the clear one minute, only having to rush kicks or getting rushed off their kick/handball a few seconds later.

Spargo plays a very different role but Toby is really knocking on the door at the moment.  Out of the smalls like Chandler, Laurie etc i'd be giving the nod to Toby at present.  All class and super fast at ground level, closing speed and escape factor.

• Like 4