Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

ROAD TO THE GRAND FINAL

Lucifers Hero

3 hours ago, Miles from Nowhere said:

If a stock, or in this case a bet, is oversold it is too cheap. Sellers have driven the price down; it is a buyer's market.

When a commentator says it is overdone it means that to their eyes there has been too much selling or not enough buying.

Therefore, we are "overs" - in a market that is supposedly priced for perfection - the Demons are false odds. The price is too long for the reasons stated.

I am no McLachlan apologist but in this case a number of posters have disappeared down the wrong wormhole.

Guilty of that. 

In my defence I didn't know he was talking about betting of which I know nothing.  Stocks I know a thing or two but the bits FC showed cobbled together didn't have a context.  It is good to have it clarified on here.

After all that he reckons we can go back-to-back!

Edited by Lucifers Hero

4 hours ago, PaulRB said:

I think Gill means by "oversold" that we are better odds of winning the flag than many rate us... I took his quote as an endorsement that we are the close to favourite but not noticed... yet. 

I don't know if you saw this on the telly Paul, but it certainly looked like he was endorsing the Cats, Pies and suggesting we were cooked (moreso than flying under the radar).

His comments can be seen at the 40:10 minute mark on last night's Footy Classified 

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2022/episode-47

Edited by In Harmes Way
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

I don't know if you saw this on the telly Paul, but it certainly looked like he was endorsing the Cats, Pies and suggesting we were cooked (moreso than flying under the radar).

His comments can be seen at the 40:10 minute mark on last night's Footy Classified 

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2022/episode-47

Exactly. The comments were in no way positive about us…

I was thinking about the permutations for the GF if we make it. Week 1 any of the other 7 could make it against us, in week 2 only 3 of the 5 remaining can be our opponents - that's a big drop. PF week - 2 possible opponents of course.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, old55 said:

I was thinking about the permutations for the GF if we make it. Week 1 any of the other 7 could make it against us, in week 2 only 3 of the 5 remaining can be our opponents - that's a big drop. PF week - 2 possible opponents of course.

Who are you tipping to play off in the GF?

Here are the options:

image.png.135b9cc6425d64347f08ebf32cadf9eb.png

Edited by Lucifers Hero

16 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Who are you tipping to play off in the GF?

Here are the options:

image.png.135b9cc6425d64347f08ebf32cadf9eb.png

If I have to commit then I think MFC vs Sydney. I think Geelong win another easy uncontested game this week and then get a rude surprise in the PF.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, old55 said:

If I have to commit then I think MFC vs Sydney. I think Geelong win another easy uncontested game this week and then get a rude surprise in the PF.

I'm leaning the same way. 

The teams in Red in the Table are the ones I earmarked to play off in the respective final.  In the  Table I have Geelong/Sydney in PFI and Dees/Freo in PF2.  Sydney have a good record over Geelong.  So yeah, Dees vs Swans for the GF.

Not that I think Syd are that good, just that they match up well with the teams I think they might meet.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, rpfc said:

No offence luci but your table made me MORE confused. The graphic the AFL has is fine or Squiggles is interactive:

https://predictor.squiggle.com.au/

No offence taken. 

I like my diagram as it shows the possible combinations for each final.

In a nutshell the diagram is in ladder order and the colour shading in the first column shows the pairings for each week one final.  The W or L is the winner/loser of each pairing and so on and so forth.

• Love 1

My other tip is for the first week of the finals to be a damp squib, with just the one close game - the tigers v lions match.

Here's how i see the firts two games playing out;

Tigers v Lions:

A brutal game.  Lions to come out hard and fast and get a jump on the tigers, much like their previous match. The tigers to work hard to get the 'game back on their terms'. Lions to ride the Gabba train home though and win by 13 points.

Key questions:

• how fit are Dusty (assuming he's picked) and Lynch? If not 100%, then the tigers might run into the don't play half fit players in finals wall
  • how do the lions rebound from the shellacking we gave them

Dees v Swans:

Dees to swarm and surge from the get go, play fast, look to get a match winning lead by half time, and then slow the tempo in the second half. Much will depend on how accurate we are in the first half. If we take our chances, the game will be done and dusted half way through the second quarter.

Swans to struggle to transition the ball due to our pressure and swarming all team defence. Our pressure forces lots of turnovers, and scores from turnovers generate most of our scoring (as opposed to last week, where unusually scores from back half were big for us).  

Dees to win by 47 points.

Key questions:

• what tactical rabbits will Longmire pull out of his strategy hat, and how effective will any such moves be?
  • how big a factor will the home crowd be? 
Edited by binman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, binman said:

My other tip is for the first week of the finals to be a damp squib, with just the one close game - the tigers v lions match.

Tigers v Lions:

A brutal game.  Lions to come out hard and fast and get a jump on the tigers, much like their previous match. The tigers to work hard to get the 'game back on terms'. Lions to ride the Gabba train home though and win by 13 points.

Key questions:

• how fit are Dusty (assuming he's picked) and Lynch? If not 100%, then the tigers might run into the don't play half fit players in finals wall

Dees v Swans:

Dees to swarm and surge from the get go, play fast, look to get a match winning lead by half time, and then slow the tempo in the second half. Much will depend on how accurate we are in the first half. If we take our chances, the game will be done and dusted half way through the second quarter.

Swans to struggle to transition the ball due to our pressure and swarming all team defence. Our pressure forces lots of turnovers, and scores from turnovers generate most of our scoring (as opposed to last week, where unusually scores from back half were big for us).  

Key questions:

• what tactical rabbits will Longmire pull out of his strategy hat, and how effective will any such moves be?

I like your outlook! Games against Swans are rarely blowouts, will happily take any winning margin, even though the heart would prefer 30 plus points!

You need to follow up with Pies vs Cats smash one another and either lose in extra time. Love to see Pies lose anytime (2018 GF was great), and to see Cats lose another final after being pumped up by everyone would be awesome!

Dogs lose to Freo with free kicks 30-10 in Freo favour and Beverage bleating about frees would be highly enjoyable!

Edited by D4Life
Spelling
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, binman said:

Tigers v Lions:

A brutal game.  Lions to come out hard and fast and get a jump on the tigers, much like their previous match. The tigers to work hard to get the 'game back on terms'. Lions to ride the Gabba train home though and win by 13 points.

Key questions:

Dees v Swans:

Dees to win by 47 points.

Key questions:

Nailed it for me Binman.

Last time inaccuracy killed us.  This game is in our own hands, but we have to put swans away and go in with a decent half time lead. Bailey Fritsch is still the only player I trust in this dept.  with BBB a close second.

The rest are a bit of a raffle .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Nailed it for me Binman.

Last time inaccuracy killed us.  This game is in our own hands, but we have to put swans away and go in with a decent half time lead. Bailey Fritsch is still the only player I trust in this dept.  with BBB a close second.

The rest are a bit of a raffle .

Spot on re accuracy, Trac should always play on and go with instinct as he seems a much better shot on the move, same with Oliver!

• Like 1

Richmond hardest to predict. Love that we are 50/50 at worst for every game we play. Not relying on miracles, and so thankful to the club for all their handwork. 

IMG-20220901-WA0016.jpeg