Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 23 vs Brisbane

Demonland

We were better at lowering our eyes but coming from a pretty low base. In terms of changes, maybe Harmes for Sparrow. I think they just run it back and hope for a tiny improvement going into the forward line that could snag us a home QF.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Have to agree, one or the other or both

ANB has been near the contest but lacking any impact for a few weeks now

Spargo had a shocker tonight. Two efforts in a minute at the city end RHS fwd flank ended in Carlton goals - the first he led his opponent to the ball on the boundary line, was simply pushed out of the way and 2 kicks and a Carlton goal

He was playing wing at the time, shouldn't ever play there again, been pretty bad wherever he has played wing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abyssal said:

What I’d like is

Harmes for Neal Bullen

Bowey for Spargo

Smith or Van Rooyen for B. Brown

Hunt to the wing, Jordon to midfield rotations.

What will happen,   No Change

I like

Brown has to go

Spargo no impact for 3 weeks 

Neal Bullen treading water atm 

• Like 1

Have to agree, one or the other or both

ANB has been near the contest but lacking any impact for a few weeks now

Spargo had a shocker tonight. Two efforts in a minute at the city end RHS fwd flank ended in Carlton goals - the first he led his opponent to the ball on the boundary line, was simply pushed out of the way and 2 kicks and a Carlton goal

Yep saw that, very poor by Spargo

the first he led his opponent to the ball on the boundary line, was simply pushed out of the way and 2 kicks and a Carlton goal

Like most footballers he does struggle when shoved clear in the back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Billy said:

I like

Brown has to go

Spargo no impact for 3 weeks 

Neal Bullen treading water atm 

Brown is playing a thankless role that isn't really his go. He is at his best a lead up inside the forward 50 goal kicker. He is being made to play the get it of jail long kick into a contested pack role and doing ok. Bringing it to ground and having a crack with a dodgy knee. We don't win tonight without him in the team

• Like 17
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, rpfc said:

We were better at lowering our eyes but coming from a pretty low base. In terms of changes, maybe Harmes for Sparrow. I think they just run it back and hope for a tiny improvement going into the forward line that could snag us a home QF.

Agree Harmes has to be in. Sparrow has been very disappointing. Added little to the centre clearances when he was used in the middle. Dunstan would be better.  Gets more possessions and his disposal is no worse.I like Charlie Spargo but he was very very poor today. That weak effort on the wing when he was contemptuously brushed aside...leading to a Carlton goal...was the low point of the game for me. Ben Brown was awful but who else is there? Good mark in the 4th will save his skin. Jordan? Dunno about him. Dour.

Thought Jordon did some great things tonight. Won a heap of one-on-ones, brilliant tackle on Motlop, five intercepts, played the defensive wing really well. I don't know what else people want. He's paid to be boring!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Against a side with 3 talls he stays in but against smaller line ups we really should ask what the point of Lever is chasing around half back flankers, Hibberd, Hunt and Rivers all did a better job intercepting and actually provide rebound. 

I think he is a fair way off his 2021 fitness levels and form.

What we win when he's on the ball reading and intercepting we kind of give back on his inability to find a man under heat when needed in clutch momentns amd nullify him as neay as possble.  Great example was his decision to run past Silvagni and get to a contested ball drop to spoil/pressure as Silvagan stayed over the ball

In the end he didn't make the contest nor 

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Thought Jordon did some great things tonight. Won a heap of one-on-ones, brilliant tackle on Motlop, five intercepts, played the defensive wing really well. I don't know what else people want. He's paid to be boring!

Jordon just isn’t suited to a wing because he’s a handbrake. His best position is midfield or as the sub.

We need more run and penetration off a wing so our forward entries are deeper and not just high balls to a pocket.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Monocology said:

Out - kicking down left wing to wall to wall opposition

In - kicking to Hunt on right wing, all alone (...& many times)

Carlton kicked to the fat side on a few occasions and just back their players in to win it. 

9 hours ago, Radar Detector said:

Will cop it for this but I’d seriously consider bringing Weid for Jackson. I think we’re really struggling with our ruck combo at the moment. We’re playing Max forward too much because Jackson gives us nothing inside 50. But Max isn’t scoring enough and although Jackson is rucking a lot more minutes he’s not as good a ruckman as Max so we’re not as potent in the middle.

Weid is at least a forward who chops out in the ruck which would improve our balance. He would offer more than Jackson forward and force Max to take more ruck minutes, both of which I think are positive.

Otherwise, Spargo was putrid, Neal-Bullen continues to make poor decisions and Sparrow had no impact. Would probably bring Harmes in at a minimum to tag Neale and look at a small forward who might occasionally trouble the scorers.

The problem is Weid doesn’t actually touch the ball or the impact the game in any way shape or form.  I thought Jackson’s game was great last night

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mo64 said:

No, bring JVR in for either of our 2 non contributing forwards in Spargo and ANB. We win enough contested ball, clearances and inside 50's to be winning games comfortably. Our dysfunctional forward entries, which are by design, should mean that Spargo and ANB should have plenty of opportunities for ground balls. They're nowhere to be seen.

In the dying minutes, ANB has clean possession a metre and a half inside the boundary, and just runs over the boundary before trying to kick it. His thought process is 2 seconds behind the play. He needs to be dropped, but it won't happen.

Glad someone mentioned that ANB decision, was mind boggling!

10 hours ago, monoccular said:

Weed or JVR would be more competitive than BBB

Ben Brown lifted in the second half. He isn’t a natural 1 on 1 contested mark, but It doesn’t help we continuously kick it to his disadvantage. 

Edited by Doug Reemer
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Radar Detector said:

Will cop it for this but I’d seriously consider bringing Weid for Jackson. I think we’re really struggling with our ruck combo at the moment. We’re playing Max forward too much because Jackson gives us nothing inside 50. But Max isn’t scoring enough and although Jackson is rucking a lot more minutes he’s not as good a ruckman as Max so we’re not as potent in the middle.

Weid is at least a forward who chops out in the ruck which would improve our balance. He would offer more than Jackson forward and force Max to take more ruck minutes, both of which I think are positive.

Otherwise, Spargo was putrid, Neal-Bullen continues to make poor decisions and Sparrow had no impact. Would probably bring Harmes in at a minimum to tag Neale and look at a small forward who might occasionally trouble the scorers.

Weid ain't coming back in. Telling comment from Goodwin at his after match presser when asked about Melksham and when commenting on his form and the he made his way back into the team goody mentioned  that we don't have tom McDonald and we needed someone to complete airially . I thought about weid straight away. He was bought in and didn't complete enough for Goody's liking .I tend to agree. I think weid has a line though his name barring injury emergency.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

IN: Harmes, JVR
OUT: Sparrow, ANB/SparGod 

Jordon may be a consideration too if they put Gus back on a wing...

Would love Bowey back but Rivers/Hunt/Hibberd all played well

Edited by adonski

Assuming harmes will play for Casey today - if he has a great game would expect him to come in at spargos expense.

He’d be a good tag for Neale 

• Like 1