• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Welcome to Demonland Lachie Hunter

adonski

Jeezuz he can run all day, take a mark and is an excellent kick to boot, Tim might have done alright with this one. Just need to get him in with the boys and get his head straight and look out in 2023. I trust our FD to get Lachie firmly into the fold.🙏💕

• Like 14

I simply don't get it. He is an accumulator, but I have rarely seen him have a big impact, and I don't rate him much at all. Feels so much like the Dunstan trade of last year. I suppose on the + side, he is a left footer and has experience on the wing.

He seems like a small improvement when we have a heap of talent stuck at Casey, who can already provide what he provides (experience aside). 

• Thinking 2

1 minute ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I simply don't get it. He is an accumulator, but I have rarely seen him have a big impact, and I don't rate him much at all. Feels so much like the Dunstan trade of last year. I suppose on the + side, he is a left footer and has experience on the wing.

He seems like a small improvement when we have a heap of talent stuck at Casey, who can already provide what he provides (experience aside). 

It’s really simple - he is a top shelf kick & classy outside player. Something we are badly missing. Both in the AFL + VFL teams.

Dunstan is a poor kick, and we have heaps of players that have similar strengths to Dunstan - hence why he is just depth. 

If Hunter’s attitude / off-field improves (as it sounds like it will need to) - then the opposite wing to Langdon’s is his every week. With flexibility of moving him to hbf or hff when we want. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Oskar Baker?
Chandler who’s just a guy and not a wing
4 touches in the grand final Howes 
8 touch Laurie 
The honest but young and limited Woey

Who are these talented players we have at Casey who can provide what Hunter can?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

He cost us a future third pick, why wouldn’t they?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Most Demonlanders have lamented our forward 50 entries. If Hunter plays wing or high half forward you'd expect those entries to improve. He's also a very good mark. He's been one of the best wingmen in the comp for a long time although since his drink driving incident and his broken hand he's been a bit on the outer at the Dogs.

I think the comparison with Dunstan is a bit unfair. Far more highly credentialed footballer.

• Like 9

I rate him highly as a footballer and especially as that outside winger we need, but I’ve heard some horror stories about his off field behavior , which I’m hoping are all behind him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

Geez. Hope I'm wrong but hunter and schake geez what the hell is the club thinking? Don’t rate either of them. Hunter once a nice accumulator and that’s about it 

Yeah l agree, but a future 3rd & 4th is a free hit l suppose

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Hunter and Langdon would actually be too small and outside for a wing rotation for my likings.

I’d use at least one of JJ, Harmes and Gus on the wing and have Hunter play half forward and 3rd winger if he was super fit and defensively switched on. Would even consider some on ball time, possibly post centre clearance with Tracc. We need skilled kickers on the inside not just the outside.

But it does let us shuffle players forward, back and on ball 

"Too small and outside" are not your likings DS but that's not true. 

Value  of Lingers and Hunter is the outside run maximising the ground  space and both are about 185 cm ie 6ft 2" and can run all day.

Hunter is very good disposer also advantage of lethal left foot. He can play in HB and HF as well. He is a slightly more polished Mitch White. 

Schace the steak knives !!

Brodie the hero ! 

Good recruiting Tim.  

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.