Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Pie supporters what are they thinking

640MD

Can someone dare to read any of their supporters web site and report back the thinking on those sites. The only other one I know is the blitz site and that’s not this year anymore.  B2B

• Haha 1

Here's a few from Big Footy

1.Banner tomorrow night:

WHO NEEDS DINNER
WHEN WEVE OVERINDULGED
AT ENTREE (COTE)

2.I vote we quack at him all night

3.Hmmm back to their winning form by beating a team that didn't actually turn up?

4. And my favourite:

I love it when everyone hates us againimage.thumb.jpeg.5ea247aadc4bb85df0a6e39b66ba607f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I love it when everyone hates us again

image.thumb.jpeg.5ea247aadc4bb85df0a6e39b66ba607f.jpeg

“Again”?????  We never stopped!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here you go

nicks bulletin board - their version of demonland

feeling dirty just going there to get the link… I feared a case of monkey pox so was unable to open it

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=90786

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Demonland changed the title to Pie supporters what are they thinking

There's only so many jokes about "going on holidays to the snow" that I can take from Collingwood Supporters. I personally haven't been to the snow in well over 15 years! Best to just laugh off any comments said.

Collingwood Supporters certainly like to dish out the insults and banter but if you dare to do the same back it can often lead to violent altercations. So always have your wits about you if you think a fight is going to start. Some Collingwood Supporters have a history of thuggery.

Stay safe all those going tomorrow night.

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

There's only so many jokes about "going on holidays to the snow" that I can take from Collingwood Supporters. I personally haven't been to the snow in well over 15 years! Best to just laugh off any comments said.

Collingwood Supporters certainly like to dish out the insults and banter but if you dare to do the same back it can often lead to violent altercations. So always have your wits about you if you think a fight is going to start. Some Collingwood Supporters have a history of thuggery.

Stay safe all those going tomorrow night.

When they were handing out stereotypes we certainly got one of the better ones. Let's see would you rather be cheese & wine toff in the MCC who goes to the snow or a petty crook with poor dental hygiene on the dole?

Most Collingwood supporters I know are fine, a few relos are Collingwood and my 3 best mates all Collingwood. Makes it worse when we lose to them though I cop it from everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When they were handing out stereotypes we certainly got one of the better ones. Let's see would you rather be cheese & wine toff in the MCC who goes to the snow or a petty crook with poor dental hygiene on the dole?

Most Collingwood supporters I know are fine, a few relos are Collingwood and my 3 best mates all Collingwood. Makes it worse when we lose to them though I cop it from everywhere.

Gonzo you really need better friends and acquaintances.

when they say ‘if you sleep with dogs you get fleas’… dude you really will get fleas hanging out with them. At a minimum scabies.. which are really just super small fleas anyway

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Pie supporters what are they thinking

Punctuation problem

Surely:     Pie supporters. What? Are they thinking? Can they even think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I treat my Collingwood friends like total garbage when we lose to them. As for my dear old Collingwood supporting dad, we'll we just don't talk for a week.

• Haha 2

1.The Doggies showed , the way to beat these Toffs, is to move the ball fast, and keep it away from Gawn, by pass him at all times, he means more to them than anyone, just keep it away from him , the dogs did it well. We did beat thm last time, Cox had a day out, so we dont fear them at all.

2. This week tells us whether we are the real deal or not. We got them on QB when they were in a slump and without Gawn. But now they are playing very good football. If we can overcome them, we can win the flag. I don’t expect it, as we have just been getting over lowly teams, but we are a team on the rise and they are at their peak. So now, we see where we are really at. It’s our biggest game of the year by a country mile. I am hoping that Johnson has a breakout game, as there is something special about him and it is the rise of players like him that will move us into contention.

3. Gawn played, it was May that was absent

4. Gawn's record against Collingwood is actually abysmal. He's played against Collingwood 12 times for 3 wins. His most recent win against Collingwood was in round 12, 2016. He rucked against Witts that day. He's probably due to get a kick against us, I suppose - but his presence is hardly an asset.

5. Correct weight. Gawn did cop a bit of an injury. Ginnivan kicked five, the last three were not related to frees or Melbourne trying to dislocate his neck

6. It looks like the Deeeeees are real warm favourites, many scribes saying, this is our first real test, this will find us out, can we handle the pressure, Melbourne are back to their best, etc, etc. Forgetting that we have beaten them 6-1 in our last seven matches, and pantsed them by 5 goals on QB. And forgetting, that two weeks ago, the Doggies took them to the cleaners, with ruthless, fast, aggressive play an tackling, our hallmark. Granted they had a good win over a lackluster Freo, who are tiring, but then again, we also beat the Dockers in Perth by six goals. So, there you go, in my view, the match is line ball, and is ours to lose, play as we have been, and we certainly can defeat the Toffs, no doubt.

7. I just watched the highlights of the QB game, against the Deeees. I tell you what, we were nil goals in the first qtr, then overran them ,our pressure and tackling was enormous, we just harassed them non stop, and outscored them easily in the second half. We had Henry then, but no Carmichael or Johnson , we have improved our team,, they have not. Cox was astounding, as were Daisco boys, Crisp, Elliott, and others, we did not have a poor player. We match up well on them too, play like that again, and we can take these bastards again, make NO mistake. They are far from unbeatable. ! (I think 6&7 are the same poster)

8. Re-watched the QB game yesterday, and it was very clear that they struggled badly that day with our pace and running game (and with Cox destroying their forward line entries throughout the 2nd half). Noble, Quaynor, Daicos x 2, Crisp, McCreery, Lipinski and DeGoey all broke them open repeatedly by running off half back through the centre in the 2nd half. They seem to have a more talented line up than we do on raw talent, but we can hope that they do not have answers to our game style.

9. Bloody heck I'm nervous about this match. Outright second on the ladder up for grabs

10. You oughta be nervous. This will be our toughest game for the year so far. It's a genuine litmus test of our Premiership aspirations. We don't even have to win, but we need to show we can match it with the best.

11. I’ll be shocked (and more than pleasantly surprised) if “we” can beat Melbourne this week.

12. Don't ask me why, I got a feeling the Dee's win this game by 18 points. A stat I heard a few days ago....we have not played a side in the top 8 since the bye...ironically Melbourne. I think they are a very different beast now. Massive test... but as long as we don't get blown away...I am not worried if we lose. Let's see where we are at! If we are to win, i think we have to put this game to bed early and keep a decent buffer on the dees.

12. I do hope our Coach was listening to SEN this arvo He has some ammo for our players. Daisy and Andy interviewed some Deeeees player, not sure who, and this dork said the Melbourne players view Collingwood as "a pretty good side, but also a One Trick Pony ". Really, a one trick pony ?? As a caller pointed out, "Jeezus, we have beaten them 6 out of 7 recent matches, sure taking a long time for them to figure out we are one trick ponies "! If we win, and as the Melb players trudge off the ground, id love a section of the crowd, near them to chant ONE TRICK PONYS to them as they walk off. LOL

13. It was Ed Langdon

Langdon says the Magpies are “a bit of a one-trick pony” and are “all duck, no dinner” in the way they play.

“One-trick pony”: Demon lights the fuse ahead of Magpies blockbuster"

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/04/one-trick-pony-demon-lights-the-fuse-ahead-of-magpies-blockbuster/

14. The loss of Adams hurts our chances because he's our version of Viney and like Viney he sets the example of unflinching football that can inspire his teammates to follow.

Melbourne really have no excuses tomorrow night, outside of McDonald they have a healthy list with no others missing from their best 22.

All the pressure and expectation is on them, they deserve to be favourites and if they're back in Premiership winning form like the media are suggesting should end our 10 game winning streak comfortably.

15. (This one's for binman) Just saw David King on Fox Footy discussing Collingwood. He is quite in awe of how our team is playing. He pointed out that our team is doing one major thing better than any other in the competition: gut running. We are able to get numbers into the contest more rapidly than any team because of this massive drive to run. He showed footage of how this played out in our game with PA, where we created an outnumber in our F50 due to WHE's gut running down the wing to be at the end of a chain. Likewise how in defence how we so rapidly amass numbers where the ball is in dispute to outnumber the opposition. He said: "Thiis is a team in total sync. Forget the stats, they are creating something special"

• Thanks 4

From Bigfooty

- Melbourne is the AFL's drool team at the moment because they won the flag by 70 points. It was a good game for them, but they're not invincible and it wouldn't surprise me if they bowed out in a semi-final.

- They were in a massive hole only a few weeks ago. Lost to the Dogs a fortnight ago. A win over Freo last week who aren't in great form either and the goldfish declare them invincible again. Its quite funny really. The underdog status has been our friend all year. Let it continue.

- Best place to be. Everything to prove. Can't blame the experts, I wouldn't tip us either. Unless Melbourne chokes we will need our best 4 quarter game.

- Nobody rated us at the start of the year, so these 'experts' refuse to tip us.
Melbourne are flavour of the week again because they beat up on Freo who forgot to show up.

- They've beaten up on 2 flaky interstate teams in recent weeks.
When challenged by 2 stronger sides in the Cats and Dogs, they've been found wanting.
We would have to put in a stinker tomorrow night for the Dees to walk all over us.
I think our low possession, high impact, move the ball forward at all costs will trouble their tall backline.
Hitting up forwards running into space will be the order of the night.

- After that 12 goal GF win they've lost their edge - when stronger sides challenge them the fight just isn't there.

- Quietly confident about playing the Leather elbow patch Dr Cordners.

- They've lost the exploiveness. In the 3 finals last year they went up another level. In most games they've lost they've been in winning positions and haven't finished sides off. Actually gone the opposite. The team with the ability to explode and turn on the gears is Collingwood

-  If the boys needed any motivation to get 11 in a row they were just handed it on a platter by steady Eddie

- Chris Scott and now Langdon feeling free to critique the Collingwood game plan less than favourably. Arrogant tools

- Bit rich coming from that downhill skier.  

-  Not the smartest thing to say about your opposition the day before the game. I hope we smash the *ers now  

- Game on. Thanks for the inspiration for the boys to get fired up for 11th win Langers.  Duck, Duck, Goose.

- This is a definite ploy and it shows how worried the Dees are about our little Pie Boys! It's straight out of Murray Weideman's 1958 kitbag!! They wanna get us all riled up so that we'll attack them willy nilly and play into Lever and May's hands with high undisciplined kicks.

- HA HA CLASSIC! i bet professor Gawn will give him a stern talking to, "don't fire up the peasants now Edward."

-  Obviously these teams above us are stressing out over Collingwood coming for them.  

- Pressure is all on Melbourne this week. I'd be surprised if they didn't come out firing & bring their best game. Despite the rhetoric they know we are shaping to be a contender & will want to snuff that out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I actually like the DL tradition of gaining a sense of the oppos headspace pre-game. I think it’s usually named “What they’re saying down at X street” but either way, thanks for posting it lads!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

From Bigfooty

- Melbourne is the AFL's drool team at the moment because they won the flag by 70 points. It was a good game for them, but they're not invincible and it wouldn't surprise me if they bowed out in a semi-final.

- They were in a massive hole only a few weeks ago. Lost to the Dogs a fortnight ago. A win over Freo last week who aren't in great form either and the goldfish declare them invincible again. Its quite funny really. The underdog status has been our friend all year. Let it continue.

- Best place to be. Everything to prove. Can't blame the experts, I wouldn't tip us either. Unless Melbourne chokes we will need our best 4 quarter game.

- Nobody rated us at the start of the year, so these 'experts' refuse to tip us.
Melbourne are flavour of the week again because they beat up on Freo who forgot to show up.

When challenged by 2 stronger sides in the Cats and Dogs, they've been found wanting.
We would have to put in a stinker tomorrow night for the Dees to walk all over us.
I think our low possession, high impact, move the ball forward at all costs will trouble their tall backline.

- After that 12 goal GF win they've lost their edge - when stronger sides challenge them the fight just isn't there.

- They've lost the exploiveness. In the 3 finals last year they went up another level. In most games they've lost they've been in winning positions and haven't finished sides off. Actually gone the opposite. The team with the ability to explode and turn on the gears is Collingwood

-  If the boys needed any motivation to get 11 in a row they were just handed it on a platter by steady Eddie

- Chris Scott and now Langdon feeling free to critique the Collingwood game plan less than favourably. Arrogant tools

-  Not the smartest thing to say about your opposition the day before the game. I hope we smash the *ers now  

- Game on. Thanks for the inspiration for the boys to get fired up for 11th win Langers.  Duck, Duck, Goose.

- This is a definite ploy and it shows how worried the Dees are about our little Pie Boys! It's straight out of Murray Weideman's 1958 kitbag!! They wanna get us all riled up so that we'll attack them willy nilly and play into Lever and May's hands with high undisciplined kicks.

- HA HA CLASSIC! i bet professor Gawn will give him a stern talking to, "don't fire up the peasants now Edward."

-  Obviously these teams above us are stressing out over Collingwood coming for them.  

- Pressure is all on Melbourne this week. I'd be surprised if they didn't come out firing & bring their best game. Despite the rhetoric they know we are shaping to be a contender & will want to snuff that out.

If you're in the load believer camp all of these comments about "having no more edge" and "being in bad form as of recent" should not worry you. Obviously these blokes only focus on their own team but we know the dees only just finished their inter-season loading and last Friday's game against Freo was our first taste of what's to come as a result of the hard work.

I like being underestimated. To the untrained eye we've been pretty poor since round 11 but those performances should be behind us. I have a feeling our mids will have a day out tomorrow and absolutely belt their mids, it'll be won and lost in the middle.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

From Bigfooty

Murray Weideman's kitbag? And here I was thinking we reached to the Norm Smith era for phrases too much.

Poster no.2 who thinks it's quite funny. Good for you mate, you cracked the code! These clowns are failing to realise that they themselves are the darlings of the comp right now, not us. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deenooos_ said:

If you're in the load believer camp all of these comments about "having no more edge" and "being in bad form as of recent" should not worry you. Obviously these blokes only focus on their own team but we know the dees only just finished their inter-season loading and last Friday's game against Freo was our first taste of what's to come as a result of the hard work.

I like being underestimated. To the untrained eye we've been pretty poor since round 11 but those performances should be behind us. I have a feeling our mids will have a day out tomorrow and absolutely belt their mids, it'll be won and lost in the middle.

It is the mids that will assist with the victory. Clarrie's hand has had another week to settle, improve and bring some of his old-time bullets into the hands of his pacey teammate drivers. I'd expect fewer loopy sky-bound flurries and a focus on split second 'get, give, go ... ' 

• Like 1