Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:     

Pie supporters what are they thinking


640MD
 Share


Recommended Posts

Can someone dare to read any of their supporters web site and report back the thinking on those sites. The only other one I know is the blitz site and that’s not this year anymore.  B2B

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Here's a few from Big Footy

1.Banner tomorrow night:

WHO NEEDS DINNER
WHEN WEVE OVERINDULGED
AT ENTREE (COTE)

2.I vote we quack at him all night

3.Hmmm back to their winning form by beating a team that didn't actually turn up?

4. And my favourite:

I love it when everyone hates us againimage.thumb.jpeg.5ea247aadc4bb85df0a6e39b66ba607f.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I love it when everyone hates us again

image.thumb.jpeg.5ea247aadc4bb85df0a6e39b66ba607f.jpeg

“Again”?????  We never stopped!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, deva5610 said:

Pies supporters think?!?!

Of course they think!

Eg

"Where did my dole money go?"

"When did my children disappear?'

" I had five  teef yesterday . What happened?"

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here you go

nicks bulletin board - their version of demonland

feeling dirty just going there to get the link… I feared a case of monkey pox so was unable to open it

 

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=90786

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to Pie supporters what are they thinking

There's only so many jokes about "going on holidays to the snow" that I can take from Collingwood Supporters. I personally haven't been to the snow in well over 15 years! Best to just laugh off any comments said.

Collingwood Supporters certainly like to dish out the insults and banter but if you dare to do the same back it can often lead to violent altercations. So always have your wits about you if you think a fight is going to start. Some Collingwood Supporters have a history of thuggery.

Stay safe all those going tomorrow night.

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

There's only so many jokes about "going on holidays to the snow" that I can take from Collingwood Supporters. I personally haven't been to the snow in well over 15 years! Best to just laugh off any comments said.

Collingwood Supporters certainly like to dish out the insults and banter but if you dare to do the same back it can often lead to violent altercations. So always have your wits about you if you think a fight is going to start. Some Collingwood Supporters have a history of thuggery.

Stay safe all those going tomorrow night.

When they were handing out stereotypes we certainly got one of the better ones. Let's see would you rather be cheese & wine toff in the MCC who goes to the snow or a petty crook with poor dental hygiene on the dole?

Most Collingwood supporters I know are fine, a few relos are Collingwood and my 3 best mates all Collingwood. Makes it worse when we lose to them though I cop it from everywhere.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When they were handing out stereotypes we certainly got one of the better ones. Let's see would you rather be cheese & wine toff in the MCC who goes to the snow or a petty crook with poor dental hygiene on the dole?

Most Collingwood supporters I know are fine, a few relos are Collingwood and my 3 best mates all Collingwood. Makes it worse when we lose to them though I cop it from everywhere.

Gonzo you really need better friends and acquaintances.

when they say ‘if you sleep with dogs you get fleas’… dude you really will get fleas hanging out with them. At a minimum scabies.. which are really just super small fleas anyway

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pie supporters what are they thinking

Punctuation problem

Surely:     Pie supporters. What? Are they thinking? Can they even think?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When they were handing out stereotypes we certainly got one of the better ones. Let's see would you rather be cheese & wine toff in the MCC who goes to the snow or a petty crook with poor dental hygiene on the dole?

Most Collingwood supporters I know are fine, a few relos are Collingwood and my 3 best mates all Collingwood. Makes it worse when we lose to them though I cop it from everywhere.

I treat my Collingwood friends like total garbage when we lose to them. As for my dear old Collingwood supporting dad, we'll we just don't talk for a week.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.The Doggies showed , the way to beat these Toffs, is to move the ball fast, and keep it away from Gawn, by pass him at all times, he means more to them than anyone, just keep it away from him , the dogs did it well. We did beat thm last time, Cox had a day out, so we dont fear them at all.

2. This week tells us whether we are the real deal or not. We got them on QB when they were in a slump and without Gawn. But now they are playing very good football. If we can overcome them, we can win the flag. I don’t expect it, as we have just been getting over lowly teams, but we are a team on the rise and they are at their peak. So now, we see where we are really at. It’s our biggest game of the year by a country mile. I am hoping that Johnson has a breakout game, as there is something special about him and it is the rise of players like him that will move us into contention.

3. Gawn played, it was May that was absent

4. Gawn's record against Collingwood is actually abysmal. He's played against Collingwood 12 times for 3 wins. His most recent win against Collingwood was in round 12, 2016. He rucked against Witts that day. He's probably due to get a kick against us, I suppose - but his presence is hardly an asset.

5. Correct weight. Gawn did cop a bit of an injury. Ginnivan kicked five, the last three were not related to frees or Melbourne trying to dislocate his neck

6. It looks like the Deeeeees are real warm favourites, many scribes saying, this is our first real test, this will find us out, can we handle the pressure, Melbourne are back to their best, etc, etc. Forgetting that we have beaten them 6-1 in our last seven matches, and pantsed them by 5 goals on QB. And forgetting, that two weeks ago, the Doggies took them to the cleaners, with ruthless, fast, aggressive play an tackling, our hallmark. Granted they had a good win over a lackluster Freo, who are tiring, but then again, we also beat the Dockers in Perth by six goals. So, there you go, in my view, the match is line ball, and is ours to lose, play as we have been, and we certainly can defeat the Toffs, no doubt.

7. I just watched the highlights of the QB game, against the Deeees. I tell you what, we were nil goals in the first qtr, then overran them ,our pressure and tackling was enormous, we just harassed them non stop, and outscored them easily in the second half. We had Henry then, but no Carmichael or Johnson , we have improved our team,, they have not. Cox was astounding, as were Daisco boys, Crisp, Elliott, and others, we did not have a poor player. We match up well on them too, play like that again, and we can take these bastards again, make NO mistake. They are far from unbeatable. ! (I think 6&7 are the same poster)

8. Re-watched the QB game yesterday, and it was very clear that they struggled badly that day with our pace and running game (and with Cox destroying their forward line entries throughout the 2nd half). Noble, Quaynor, Daicos x 2, Crisp, McCreery, Lipinski and DeGoey all broke them open repeatedly by running off half back through the centre in the 2nd half. They seem to have a more talented line up than we do on raw talent, but we can hope that they do not have answers to our game style.

9. Bloody heck I'm nervous about this match. Outright second on the ladder up for grabs

10. You oughta be nervous. This will be our toughest game for the year so far. It's a genuine litmus test of our Premiership aspirations. We don't even have to win, but we need to show we can match it with the best.

11. I’ll be shocked (and more than pleasantly surprised) if “we” can beat Melbourne this week.

12. Don't ask me why, I got a feeling the Dee's win this game by 18 points. A stat I heard a few days ago....we have not played a side in the top 8 since the bye...ironically Melbourne. I think they are a very different beast now. Massive test... but as long as we don't get blown away...I am not worried if we lose. Let's see where we are at! If we are to win, i think we have to put this game to bed early and keep a decent buffer on the dees.

12. I do hope our Coach was listening to SEN this arvo He has some ammo for our players. Daisy and Andy interviewed some Deeeees player, not sure who, and this dork said the Melbourne players view Collingwood as "a pretty good side, but also a One Trick Pony ". Really, a one trick pony ?? As a caller pointed out, "Jeezus, we have beaten them 6 out of 7 recent matches, sure taking a long time for them to figure out we are one trick ponies "! If we win, and as the Melb players trudge off the ground, id love a section of the crowd, near them to chant ONE TRICK PONYS to them as they walk off. LOL

13. It was Ed Langdon

Langdon says the Magpies are “a bit of a one-trick pony” and are “all duck, no dinner” in the way they play.

“One-trick pony”: Demon lights the fuse ahead of Magpies blockbuster"

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/04/one-trick-pony-demon-lights-the-fuse-ahead-of-magpies-blockbuster/

14. The loss of Adams hurts our chances because he's our version of Viney and like Viney he sets the example of unflinching football that can inspire his teammates to follow.

Melbourne really have no excuses tomorrow night, outside of McDonald they have a healthy list with no others missing from their best 22.

All the pressure and expectation is on them, they deserve to be favourites and if they're back in Premiership winning form like the media are suggesting should end our 10 game winning streak comfortably.

15. (This one's for binman) Just saw David King on Fox Footy discussing Collingwood. He is quite in awe of how our team is playing. He pointed out that our team is doing one major thing better than any other in the competition: gut running. We are able to get numbers into the contest more rapidly than any team because of this massive drive to run. He showed footage of how this played out in our game with PA, where we created an outnumber in our F50 due to WHE's gut running down the wing to be at the end of a chain. Likewise how in defence how we so rapidly amass numbers where the ball is in dispute to outnumber the opposition. He said: "Thiis is a team in total sync. Forget the stats, they are creating something special"

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think saying the pressure is fairly and squarely on us and that they have nothing to lose is total BS. They will never get a better shot of top 2 in the next 3 seasons than right now. Not having any of that hogwash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Bigfooty

- Melbourne is the AFL's drool team at the moment because they won the flag by 70 points. It was a good game for them, but they're not invincible and it wouldn't surprise me if they bowed out in a semi-final.

- They were in a massive hole only a few weeks ago. Lost to the Dogs a fortnight ago. A win over Freo last week who aren't in great form either and the goldfish declare them invincible again. Its quite funny really. The underdog status has been our friend all year. Let it continue.

- Best place to be. Everything to prove. Can't blame the experts, I wouldn't tip us either. Unless Melbourne chokes we will need our best 4 quarter game.

- Nobody rated us at the start of the year, so these 'experts' refuse to tip us.
Melbourne are flavour of the week again because they beat up on Freo who forgot to show up.

- They've beaten up on 2 flaky interstate teams in recent weeks.
When challenged by 2 stronger sides in the Cats and Dogs, they've been found wanting.
We would have to put in a stinker tomorrow night for the Dees to walk all over us.
I think our low possession, high impact, move the ball forward at all costs will trouble their tall backline.
Hitting up forwards running into space will be the order of the night.

- After that 12 goal GF win they've lost their edge - when stronger sides challenge them the fight just isn't there.

- Quietly confident about playing the Leather elbow patch Dr Cordners.

- They've lost the exploiveness. In the 3 finals last year they went up another level. In most games they've lost they've been in winning positions and haven't finished sides off. Actually gone the opposite. The team with the ability to explode and turn on the gears is Collingwood

-  If the boys needed any motivation to get 11 in a row they were just handed it on a platter by steady Eddie

- Chris Scott and now Langdon feeling free to critique the Collingwood game plan less than favourably. Arrogant tools

- Bit rich coming from that downhill skier.  

-  Not the smartest thing to say about your opposition the day before the game. I hope we smash the *ers now  

- Game on. Thanks for the inspiration for the boys to get fired up for 11th win Langers.  Duck, Duck, Goose.

- This is a definite ploy and it shows how worried the Dees are about our little Pie Boys! It's straight out of Murray Weideman's 1958 kitbag!! They wanna get us all riled up so that we'll attack them willy nilly and play into Lever and May's hands with high undisciplined kicks.

- HA HA CLASSIC! i bet professor Gawn will give him a stern talking to, "don't fire up the peasants now Edward."

-  Obviously these teams above us are stressing out over Collingwood coming for them.  

- Pressure is all on Melbourne this week. I'd be surprised if they didn't come out firing & bring their best game. Despite the rhetoric they know we are shaping to be a contender & will want to snuff that out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually like the DL tradition of gaining a sense of the oppos headspace pre-game. I think it’s usually named “What they’re saying down at X street” but either way, thanks for posting it lads!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

From Bigfooty

- Melbourne is the AFL's drool team at the moment because they won the flag by 70 points. It was a good game for them, but they're not invincible and it wouldn't surprise me if they bowed out in a semi-final.

- They were in a massive hole only a few weeks ago. Lost to the Dogs a fortnight ago. A win over Freo last week who aren't in great form either and the goldfish declare them invincible again. Its quite funny really. The underdog status has been our friend all year. Let it continue.

- Best place to be. Everything to prove. Can't blame the experts, I wouldn't tip us either. Unless Melbourne chokes we will need our best 4 quarter game.

- Nobody rated us at the start of the year, so these 'experts' refuse to tip us.
Melbourne are flavour of the week again because they beat up on Freo who forgot to show up.

- They've beaten up on 2 flaky interstate teams in recent weeks.
When challenged by 2 stronger sides in the Cats and Dogs, they've been found wanting.
We would have to put in a stinker tomorrow night for the Dees to walk all over us.
I think our low possession, high impact, move the ball forward at all costs will trouble their tall backline.
Hitting up forwards running into space will be the order of the night.

- After that 12 goal GF win they've lost their edge - when stronger sides challenge them the fight just isn't there.

- Quietly confident about playing the Leather elbow patch Dr Cordners.

- They've lost the exploiveness. In the 3 finals last year they went up another level. In most games they've lost they've been in winning positions and haven't finished sides off. Actually gone the opposite. The team with the ability to explode and turn on the gears is Collingwood

-  If the boys needed any motivation to get 11 in a row they were just handed it on a platter by steady Eddie

- Chris Scott and now Langdon feeling free to critique the Collingwood game plan less than favourably. Arrogant tools

- Bit rich coming from that downhill skier.  

-  Not the smartest thing to say about your opposition the day before the game. I hope we smash the *ers now  

- Game on. Thanks for the inspiration for the boys to get fired up for 11th win Langers.  Duck, Duck, Goose.

- This is a definite ploy and it shows how worried the Dees are about our little Pie Boys! It's straight out of Murray Weideman's 1958 kitbag!! They wanna get us all riled up so that we'll attack them willy nilly and play into Lever and May's hands with high undisciplined kicks.

- HA HA CLASSIC! i bet professor Gawn will give him a stern talking to, "don't fire up the peasants now Edward."

-  Obviously these teams above us are stressing out over Collingwood coming for them.  

- Pressure is all on Melbourne this week. I'd be surprised if they didn't come out firing & bring their best game. Despite the rhetoric they know we are shaping to be a contender & will want to snuff that out.

If you're in the load believer camp all of these comments about "having no more edge" and "being in bad form as of recent" should not worry you. Obviously these blokes only focus on their own team but we know the dees only just finished their inter-season loading and last Friday's game against Freo was our first taste of what's to come as a result of the hard work.

I like being underestimated. To the untrained eye we've been pretty poor since round 11 but those performances should be behind us. I have a feeling our mids will have a day out tomorrow and absolutely belt their mids, it'll be won and lost in the middle.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

From Bigfooty

- Melbourne is the AFL's drool team at the moment because they won the flag by 70 points. It was a good game for them, but they're not invincible and it wouldn't surprise me if they bowed out in a semi-final.

- They were in a massive hole only a few weeks ago. Lost to the Dogs a fortnight ago. A win over Freo last week who aren't in great form either and the goldfish declare them invincible again. Its quite funny really. The underdog status has been our friend all year. Let it continue.

- Best place to be. Everything to prove. Can't blame the experts, I wouldn't tip us either. Unless Melbourne chokes we will need our best 4 quarter game.

- Nobody rated us at the start of the year, so these 'experts' refuse to tip us.
Melbourne are flavour of the week again because they beat up on Freo who forgot to show up.

- They've beaten up on 2 flaky interstate teams in recent weeks.
When challenged by 2 stronger sides in the Cats and Dogs, they've been found wanting.
We would have to put in a stinker tomorrow night for the Dees to walk all over us.
I think our low possession, high impact, move the ball forward at all costs will trouble their tall backline.
Hitting up forwards running into space will be the order of the night.

- After that 12 goal GF win they've lost their edge - when stronger sides challenge them the fight just isn't there.

- Quietly confident about playing the Leather elbow patch Dr Cordners.

- They've lost the exploiveness. In the 3 finals last year they went up another level. In most games they've lost they've been in winning positions and haven't finished sides off. Actually gone the opposite. The team with the ability to explode and turn on the gears is Collingwood

-  If the boys needed any motivation to get 11 in a row they were just handed it on a platter by steady Eddie

- Chris Scott and now Langdon feeling free to critique the Collingwood game plan less than favourably. Arrogant tools

- Bit rich coming from that downhill skier.  

-  Not the smartest thing to say about your opposition the day before the game. I hope we smash the *ers now  

- Game on. Thanks for the inspiration for the boys to get fired up for 11th win Langers.  Duck, Duck, Goose.

- This is a definite ploy and it shows how worried the Dees are about our little Pie Boys! It's straight out of Murray Weideman's 1958 kitbag!! They wanna get us all riled up so that we'll attack them willy nilly and play into Lever and May's hands with high undisciplined kicks.

- HA HA CLASSIC! i bet professor Gawn will give him a stern talking to, "don't fire up the peasants now Edward."

-  Obviously these teams above us are stressing out over Collingwood coming for them.  

- Pressure is all on Melbourne this week. I'd be surprised if they didn't come out firing & bring their best game. Despite the rhetoric they know we are shaping to be a contender & will want to snuff that out.

Murray Weideman's kitbag? And here I was thinking we reached to the Norm Smith era for phrases too much.

Poster no.2 who thinks it's quite funny. Good for you mate, you cracked the code! These clowns are failing to realise that they themselves are the darlings of the comp right now, not us. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deenooos_ said:

If you're in the load believer camp all of these comments about "having no more edge" and "being in bad form as of recent" should not worry you. Obviously these blokes only focus on their own team but we know the dees only just finished their inter-season loading and last Friday's game against Freo was our first taste of what's to come as a result of the hard work.

I like being underestimated. To the untrained eye we've been pretty poor since round 11 but those performances should be behind us. I have a feeling our mids will have a day out tomorrow and absolutely belt their mids, it'll be won and lost in the middle.

It is the mids that will assist with the victory. Clarrie's hand has had another week to settle, improve and bring some of his old-time bullets into the hands of his pacey teammate drivers. I'd expect fewer loopy sky-bound flurries and a focus on split second 'get, give, go ... ' 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    BLUE VIBE AT IKON by Meggs

    It was such a nice vibe at Ikon on Friday night.     Princes Park looked in excellent condition, a relaxed but modest crowd and President Kate Roffey and CEO Gary Pert in attendance, greeting fans and shaking hands.     It was an evening with little to complain about for Dees supporters, save for some drizzling rain, a few missed scoring opportunities and the fact that the Dees as raging favourites duly took the four points.   Carlton was always going to struggle to cover

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BLUES AWAY by Meggs

    This Round 5 clash against the Blues at Princes Park (officially known as Ikon Park) is a great chance for the Dees to bounce back to the winning circle following our top-of-the-table loss to Brisbane last week.     Carlton will be missing several key players with the pundits calling 10 to nil.  Raging favouritism is never a comfortable thing for Melbourne supporters but we simply must deliver on Friday night.   History has seen these teams play four times since 2017 with the Dee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LIONS POUNCE by Meggs

    Early Sunday afternoon Meggs was coffeeing in Mornington and witnessing hail, thunder, lightning, rain, wind and feeling the freezing temperatures and knowing all these elements were heading towards Casey Fields.  Oh dear.  The Brisbane coach had said during the week that he wanted the game moved to Marvel because “if you're going to have two of the better teams in the comp playing, (it warrants) a venue and deck that suits the occasion”.  However, Casey Fields was uncharacteristi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RAINING PREMIERS by KC from Casey

    If the threatening dark grey skies that loomed above Ikon Park before the VFL Grand Final didn’t provide a sufficiently inhospitable reception for our visitors from sunny Queensland, the rains that bucketed down after quarter time certainly did. For years, the Casey Demons have welcomed opposing teams at their home fortress with rain, hail, wind and frosty conditions and it was just Southport’s luck that they met those conditions head on in the VFL’s big dance. They suited Casey’s skillful

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PRIDE OF VICTORIA by KC from Casey

    When Casey Demons coach Mark Corrigan talks about his charges putting their “best foot forward” on Sunday when they take on the Southport Sharks in the 2022 VFL Grand Final, it’s a signal that his team is on a mission not only for themselves but in  the name of their forebears, the Springvale Scorpions, and indeed for the pride and honour of the entire State of Victoria. The VFL club now known as the Casey Demons last won a premiership flag under the name of the Springvale Scorpions but tha

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NARRM AT HOME by Meggs

    For the fourth consecutive week, and the second week as the mighty Narrm, we take on a Top 8 team. Could this match be a preview of the Season 7 Grand Final?   Our opponents this week, Brisbane, stand undefeated atop the AFLW ladder after slaying the struggling Freo, and the unrated Giants and Gold Coast.  After amassing 225 points for and only 56 against, for a percentage of 401.8%, the pundits are claiming the Lions have the best attack the competition has ever seen.   Brisbane

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CHANGES 2022 by The Oracle

    Part 1: The year we stood still (or did we?).  Premiership coach David Parkin who  coincidentally turned 80 yesterday, famously used to say that even a premiership team needs to bring at least five new players into the fold in order to advance from year to year and therefore, if this adage remains true, then the Melbourne Football Club really did stand still in 2022.  Of the players recruited after the club’s premiership in September, 2021, only Luke Dunstan (5 games) managed to provid

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    NARRM BLITZES EARLY by Meggs

    The last time we played the Saints, Pride Round 3 January 2022, it was an arm wrestle for 3 quarters and a Demons highlights package for 1 quarter. Oddly familiar was our outing to Moorabbin on Sunday, except this week we are Narrm and it’s Indigenous Round.   Our highlights package was contained to a first quarter onslaught. Superior work at stoppages and our mids dominant.  We showcased our run and carry and our dynamic forward line.  With Hore, Zanker twice, Bannan, Fitzsimon and Paxy al

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE CASEY SHOW by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons will play in the VFL Grand Final at Ikon Park next Sunday after overturning their final round loss to the Brisbane Lions Reserves and dominating the Preliminary Final to emerge victorious by 51 points.  And while the distance in standards between the AFL and VFL at finals time is admittedly a wide one and the opposition and conditions different, there were a few Demons on display who excelled to the point where one was left to ask whether they could have made the difference

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...