Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 21 vs Collingwood

Demonland

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Yep  Our version of Jeremy Howe, for the life of me I dont see why we cant trial using him as a bash and crash Kamikaze forward who can take a grab!

I thought you were talking about Joel Smith?

Unfortunately McDonald is the only forward on our list who seems capable of it

Edited by Demon4Life

We’re all looking for the right mix up forward and our woes up there have been much talked about (again) this season. Came across an article today about certain stats. Here’s a bit about us.

Pre-bye, the Demons were the hardest team to score against inside 50, but they ranked 13th for scoring from their own entries. Since the bye they rank fourth for scoring from their own forward 50 entries which is a crucial increase given their noticeable forward 50 woes

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just saw stumbled across this poll. 

We need to smash Collingwood tomorrow night. Not scrape in. Not win “convincingly” or even “comfortably”. We need to SMASH them. 

Even with a GF under our belt, I feel we still have seriously unfinished business with respect to the Pies (no actual respect intended). Their supporters simply don’t rate us, and they have their reasons. 

This needs to change tomorrow night. 

Let’s go, Demons. 

96226DFF-6178-4CF5-B000-1EB0B7ACDA42.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Mel Bourne said:

We need to smash Collingwood tomorrow night. Not scrape in. Not win “convincingly” or even “comfortably”. We need to SMASH them. 

Even with a GF under our belt, I feel we still have seriously unfinished business with respect to the Pies (no actual respect intended). Their supporters simply don’t rate us, and they have their reasons. 

Let’s go, Demons. 

They have beaten us the last two times. One of only 7 clubs to beat us the last two seasons. And the only club besides the Bulldogs to beat us in both years.

Of course they are going to prefer to play us.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Let’s go, Demons. 

They are not known as being particularly sharp 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rpfc said:

They have beaten us the last two times. One of only 7 clubs to beat us the last two seasons. And the only club besides the Bulldogs to beat us in both years.

Yeah, I’m not shocked by the poll’s results for those reasons exactly. But seeing it laid bare like that, it’s very clear that tomorrow night is our chance to shake one of our last remaining hoodoos, and considerably skew the psychological landscape of these finals. 

A loss will be more damaging than usual. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Which is the most courageous decision? Picking one KPF or two? If one, is it more courageous to pick B Brown, Weideman or van Rooyen? If two, which combination? 

Yes, perhaps 🤔

5 hours ago, old dee said:

He (Joel Smith) played forward last week at Casey and trained with forwards this week. He won't get another game till Saturday week. So who knows. 

3 hours ago, layzie said:

Stupid bye weeks.

^ something apparently Gil wishes upon us all as his parting gesture 

2 hours ago, willmoy said:

Weideman will be playing, most suitable bloke for the situation I reckon.

How wonderful for his long awaited breakout game, 6 goals, to be against his late grandpa’s team. 🤔💭 🤗

Edited by monoccular
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mel Bourne said:

Yeah, I’m not shocked by the poll’s results for those reasons exactly. But seeing it laid bare like that, it’s very clear that tomorrow night is our chance to shake one of our last remaining hoodoos, and considerably skew the psychological landscape of these finals. 

A loss will be more damaging than usual. 

We need to put those do gooders in their place. Most despised team by a fair way. For the next 48 hours I will smash anything that is black and white into a million pieces. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

Yes, perhaps 🤔

^ something apparently Gil wishes upon us all as his parting gesture 

How wonderful for his long awaited breakout game, 6 goals, to be against his late grandpa’s team. 🤔💭 🤗

As much as I hope you are correct   would you be interested in a second hand bridge,  only used by old lady's to go to church....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, old dee said:

Bad omen today at our new abode, magpies great my wife on the veranda this morning!! 

Hope she belted them with the nearest heavy blunt instrument 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, BScotti said:

I tend to agree.  Lets stick with the Weid for the next couple of weeks and and allow him some consistency and continuity and not take #1 defender.  Chopping and changing in and out of the team and role is not helping his cause.  If after this run he cant impact, he may be playing elsewhere next year.

In - BBB

Out - Melk

My initial reaction was no way... but it got me thinking.  Last year we had two tall forwards but this only really clicked late in the season.  If you subscribe to the loading theories, perhaps we can't afford to have the two tall forwards unless everyone is 100% fresh?  Is that why it doesn't work so well during the season?

If that is the case, then you may be right.

Although my gut feel is that Goody is not happy with Weid's output and so has Melksham taking the other "tall" position.  Once BBB is ready Weid will be out.

13 hours ago, Demon4Life said:

I thought you were talking about Joel Smith?

Unfortunately McDonald is the only forward on our list who seems capable of it

I am talking about Joel Smith!!

13 hours ago, rpfc said:

That of course will all change tomorrow night

8 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Anybody worried about the heavy strapping on both of Lever's ankles?

Slightly. I suspect last game he just had a bad roll of the ankle but hopefully without further damage this gets better each day. 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 9:32 PM, WERRIDEE said:

If Ben Brown is fit he plays but van Rooyen must be the next in line. Can't play Weid after a one possession game.

B: Lever, May, Hibberd

HB: Hunt, Petty, Salem

C: Langdon, Brayshaw, Jordon

HF: Petracca, Gawn, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, B.Brown, Pickett

FOLL: Jackson, Oliver, Viney

IC: Rivers, Sparrow, Spargo, Melksham

SUB: Harmes 

I appreciate that Melksham has been defensively much better of late but there is no way I would pick him over Harmesy. His 2 long bombs masquerading as a quasi pass and a shot for goal were not flash. Things like that are not on in a Premiership team. It is a bad habit that can be costly.