Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Poll - If Not Melbourne For Premiers?

Demonstone

Premiership Preference  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the unlikely event that Melbourne don't win the flag this year, who would you like to see as Premiers?

I've only included those teams that I think still have a chance at this stage of the season.

My preference would be Fremantle because they've never won one, followed by Gold Coast then Brisbane.

Voters are anonymous so don't be afraid to add your choice.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

Voters are anonymous so don't be afraid to add your choice.

I won’t remain anonymous.
Quite sure I’ll be alone in my choice and I’ve boldly declared my second team before, so… join the dots! 😃

• Haha 1

I'd personally only want the Saints to win a Granny as I know how many tears I shed whilst watching replays, interviews with past and present players the live game and the many docos that came after we won. Everyone else can let me put it mildly. SABFD. Especially the interstate teams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Technically, that means that if our preferred alternate premier beats us in the GF, we will be happy.😒

I DON'T THINK SO!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Haha 1

Voted for Brisbane - I find Fagan likeable. F Freo - 2 team state with ludicrous facilities etc. - happy for them to remain flagless.

St Kilda would have had my vote, as we can relate to their supporters' pain at their premiership drought, but not for a couple of years so it gets beyond our 57 years of pain.

Geez, I thought I’d picked an unpopular team… someone’s picked Geelong! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Geez, I thought I’d picked an unpopular team… someone’s picked Geelong! 

Must have been Jaded… have to say, it is still ours to lose i am not ready to concede anything, I would personally like to beat Collingwood in the GF.

• Like 2

Freo, i used to play for a Dockers and we had a partnership with freo, playing an annual east west game with their east perth reserve side's juniors at the time and the players would give us a clinic after a melbourne weekend game the following morning.

followed by the blues - controversial but my mum and auntie's side

and the suns coz it would be phenominal for them and my two buddies up there ;)

lastly the lions coz i don't know any supporters so it would'nt stir me up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turner said:

followed by the blues - controversial but my mum and auntie's side

Pfft Imagine liking the blues. 
Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I won’t remain anonymous.
Quite sure I’ll be alone in my choice and I’ve boldly declared my second team before, so… join the dots! 😃

WCW your posts are normally so good and quite funny and then you go and blow all your good work by fessing up a few times on Demonland that Carlton are your second team 🤮. I just don’t know how anybody can have that arrogant club as their second team, my sister and niece are fanatical Carlton supporters and I still hate that Club. But each to their own, keep up the good work. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DEE fence said:

Must have been Jaded… have to say, it is still ours to lose i am not ready to concede anything, I would personally like to beat Collingwood in the GF.

I don't think I could handle the build up to that game. Of all the teams, I would hate losing the GF to them most of all. My heart would give out before the first bounce

Cast my vote for Freo and I forgot about St Kilda. I'd like them to win one soon but I SO don't want them challenging while we're at/near the top and  taking the 'neutral' crowd from us. I think in a GF we might still be 'neutral' favourites against anyone except the Saints
Once we've won 3 or 4 that wouldn't be the case and I wouldn't care any more ayway.