Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Run Home

Demonland

Basically win the last 2. Short term goal. 

The smokey game is the swans v pies this week for top 4 positions.  You'd think the swans will win being in Sydney, but the pies just seem to find a way to win each week. Then that leaves blues/pies epic final round for the blues to try and win a spot in the 8. 

Edited by Darkhorse72

On 8/7/2022 at 10:33 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah maybe - if we're going to run the table I think we have to go through Collingwood again either QF week or PF week (or even GF if they happened to finish 4th and beat the Cats). Just depends when you would prefer to play them.

There's also a chance Swans go above us on percentage so would rather lock in a MCG final so we can actually go!

I'd prefer to play Collingwood in the Granny. What a week and build up that would be for us here in Victoria. The fact is we've won 6 Grand Finals against them and they've only beaten us once in a Hundred years in the Big Dance, they love losing the main game. Is there a better dream than that. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

If we lose to Carlton I will be disgusted it will have to be our worst game of the season to lose. We are at least a 5 goal better side than Carlton anything less is a failure.

• Like 1

Common thought says that if we lose a game in the run home we'll slip out of the top 4.

If that happens, it will be the first time we've been out of the top 4 since 2020. Which would really stink, wouldn't it - we may sit inside the top 4 for 45 out of 46 weeks but only end up with one top 4 finish across these two seasons.

Indeed, this week we're 3rd, which is the first time we've been out of the top 2 since Round 2, and only the fourth time since Round 3 last year.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Common thought says that if we lose a game in the run home we'll slip out of the top 4.

If that happens, it will be the first time we've been out of the top 4 since 2020. Which would really stink, wouldn't it - we may sit inside the top 4 for 45 out of 46 weeks but only end up with one top 4 finish across these two seasons.

Indeed, this week we're 3rd, which is the first time we've been out of the top 2 since Round 2, and only the fourth time since Round 3 last year.

Could of sworn we’ve been out of finals contention for about 6 weeks 🤓😏

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

I'd prefer to play Collingwood in the Granny. What a week and build up that would be for us here in Victoria. The fact is we've won 6 Grand Finals against them and they've only beaten us once in a Hundred years in the Big Dance, they love losing the main game. Is there a better dream than that. 

I'm too scared to meet them in a Grand Final. Can't we just play Fremantle or someone insignificant?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Put a few bucks on a multi consisting of Brisbane- Fremantle - Collingwood to all win this weekend.

It’s Paying $4.92 and it will probably come up considering barely any result has gone our way in the last month or so.

5.87 on SB

• Like 1

21 hours ago, layzie said:

I'm too scared to meet them in a Grand Final. Can't we just play Fremantle or someone insignificant?

Layzie i couldn't of dreamt off anything more glorious than another victory over Collingwood in the Granny to finally put an end to my Bosses 30 plus years of abuse. Although he wanted us to win last year more than anyone else, and I've never heard him support us in any way, still claims it's a Perth Granny not an M.C.G and therefore REAL Victory. I just keep showing him the Premiership Posters. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

Layzie i couldn't of dreamt off anything more glorious than another victory over Collingwood in the Granny to finally put an end to my Bosses 30 plus years of abuse. Although he wanted us to win last year more than anyone else, and I've never heard him support us in any way, still claims it's a Perth Granny not an M.C.G and therefore REAL Victory. I just keep showing him the Premiership Posters. 

It would certainly be the sweetest of all to trounce them in a Grand Final. I know you have to risk it all to win it all. I guess you just have to only think of this as opposes to the lasting trauma of losing!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

King just said on afloat 360 if we lose to brisbAne we finish 6th.  Can that be true even if we best Carltank ?

Well I’m guessing it’s because Freo plays WC and GWS in final two rounds and would go ahead of us. Swans will probs win their 2, and may only need to win one if we lose one. I mean, the Pies may lose to the Blues in final round but it’s not looking like it

Jesus l thought beat blues finish top 4 really worried now although l think we will best blues  and we have had brisbAne measure so far …. But on their home ground     Awful feeling we are going to rue games should have won. Swans pies etc.  but we did not only ourselves to blame.     Still win from 6th these days with weeks break before finals        

Win against Carlton and lose against Brisbane has us finishing 6th and playing Tigers in an elimination final fml.

Why did we have to make it this hard on ourselves.. can't see us winning 4 finals in a row for the flag. It would be such a wasted year but let's just see how our form is against Carlton and the prospect of playing Brisbane may not look so daunting after all.

Gotta call it as I see it. We’ve had an absolutely blessed run with injuries. Had a few players out here and there earlier in the season, and a few banged up, but we’ve basically been full strength for over a month now, with only TMac out of our best 22. It’s not exactly like TMac is one of our AA players either, albeit he’s important to the team’s structure.

That being said, missing the top 4 would really be a massive underachievement and questions would need to be raised. Yes, the fixture is flawed (ie Geelong getting two wins for free due to double-ups against North and WCE). Carlton are also getting a bit heckled at the moment, but they’ve got 1/3 of their list out, and were not reigning premiers.

I expect us to win our last two and finish 2nd (getting enough % to finish higher than Sydney). We will then be at the same position as last year really, home finals right through.

My reasoning for this is our form over the last two weeks. We win that Collingwood game 9 times out of 10. Despite looking at issues we need to fix (like anyone does after a loss), if we got over the line, we’d be lorded for such a powerful performance. The ultimate result was a massive abnormality and here’s hoping it proves to be a massive wake up call that wasn’t too late.

Edited by Glorious Day
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1