Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demon Army Cheer Squad

DemonSam

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

We do a “show” where we raise the banner, hold it for a couple of minutes, lay it back down, move everything 180 degrees and raise it again, ensuring both sides are seen.

On days like Saturday (wet grass) we can’t do a show since crepe paper and water are NOT friends. They’re enemies, and water ALWAYS wins. Especially when water and crepe’s other arch nemesis, WIND, team up, crepe doesn’t have a snowball’s.  On rainy, or even just dewy days/nights the less time the banner is at the mercy of the elements, the better. 

The “advertising on the back” isn’t random. Our major sponsors pay for that and without them we’d be up [censored] creek without a paddle, right?

The “message” side of the banner always faces the race. After all, it’s entirely for the players that we do this. And in case anyone wonders… the players notice. And they appreciate it. 

You see @DemonSam??? You ask a question in a decent manner, and you’ll be afforded a decent response. 

Dont let them get to you WCW you all do a great job supporting the Dees, often thankless ,a lot more than some of the winging nellies on this forum

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Are you still in the 2A redlegs?

I am there also and I may be judged too but I don't care haha, just want to live the sport the way I like it 😅

I’m over I the half forward flank near the AFL members,  the 2A Tridents I think. Sorry about the long drawn out whinge.

I just ponder, how many other clubs would have the situation where supporters sometimes feel that it is inappropriate to be too vocal or passionate when barracking for your footy team? My guess is none, we are the exception.

Continue to be loud and proud, our players I am sure would appreciate it. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

We’ve actually just recently noticed there’s a group of regular trouble makers who sit close to us and are extremely loud and rowdy. They were there vs. Essendon and then again vs. Freo. Same guys each time. And unfortunately they succeeded in drowning us out. 

If a small section of unrulies are drowning the cheersquad out this only further proves the OP's contention.

I don't believe anyone is blaming the cheersquad for the loss or not appreciating the time and effort they put in. They are there every week through thick and thin. They volunteer their time and put in a lot off effort at home and interstate.

That being said, they are pretty tame and have been shown up 2 weeks in a row by a smaller away crowd. It's not just the cheersquad that is tame it is the rest of the Dees fans in the stadium. Two interstate teams have been much louder that us. We all should be ashamed of ourselves.

Again none of this is the reason we lost.

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Dont let them get to you WCW you all do a great job supporting the Dees, often thankless ,a lot more than some of the winging nellies on this forum

Too late, I’ve let them in already. I know I should grow a thicker skin and I am, but it takes time. I’m more upset about these comments in relation to my fellow squad members. They are insanely devoted to our Club. They’re fiercely loyal and proud Demons diehards. It makes me sick to think of any of this nastiness ever reaching any of these beautiful people. 
Thanks for your support, FD💕

• Like 4
  • Love 8

13 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Too late, I’ve let them in already. I know I should grow a thicker skin and I am, but it takes time. I’m more upset about these comments in relation to my fellow squad members. They are insanely devoted to our Club. They’re fiercely loyal and proud Demons diehards. It makes me sick to think of any of this nastiness ever reaching any of these beautiful people. 

Keep up the good work, Civ

You and your team are doing a great job

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

We need Angelo front and center again, miss seeing him amongst the action.

He still attends games but he's nearly unrecognisable now days. Has lost a ton of weight and doesn't do the Mohawk anymore.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Idk who Angelo is. But we have Ryan. Pre-covid, Ryan didn’t miss a match in 21 years (and he’s only in his thirties), every H&A game, every interstate game. He even went to China. He lives and breathes MFC. He is unashamedly devoted to our Club. He is absolutely gutted when we lose yet has the presence of mind to comfort me when I cry after a loss (which is nothing new). He is one of the reasons that makes reading this disparaging BS so hard. And this is why I don’t make a point of talking about Demonland to any other DA members. I’d sooner die than lead any of them to this. 
I wore a Demonland hoodie to banner making the other week and a couple of comrades asked me what DL is. I diverted the convo to something else and told myself to never make that mistake again, ie, NEVER wear anything DL related, ever. This thread will ensure that I stick to that. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Singa said:

Two interstate teams have been much louder that us. We all should be ashamed of ourselves.

Well you can volunteer your services and help out then

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Demongirl35 said:

Our games have been boring this year. Even when we were winning it was ugly football. 100 handballs to kick a goal.. 

That kozzy goal against gws gets the crowd going! 

I never get bored with winning and have a look at our percentage after round 10, we weren’t playing well but still winning comfortably. We are still a game and percentage clear but need to knock off the confident Pies.!!

• Love 1

The banner squad and crowd in general seemed far more pumped on Saturday than the Freo game.

My question is why is/was the old Redlegs section in the Olympic stand no longer packed full of demons.

Was disgusting seeing Errol point to swans fans and celebrate.

Even with 30k attendance their should be a continuous stretch of red and blue from behind the goals, through the club members and in to the MCC.

Should the banner squad relocate to the Olympic stand to beef up their surroundings with fellow demons?

I don’t particularly understand why the most passionate fans would be forced in to ordinary seats behind the goals? Sit them on the wing, the club and league can afford it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

you are a gem ,keep doing what you do,wish i was able to help in some way

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, forever demons said:

you are a gem ,keep doing what you do,wish i was able to help in some way

Thank you. I will keep doing what I do. And some. I just think it’s a shame that I have to think twice before coming on DL. But I truly appreciate the kind support from you and others. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

The banner squad and crowd in general seemed far more pumped on Saturday than the Freo game.

My question is why is/was the old Redlegs section in the Olympic stand no longer packed full of demons.

Was disgusting seeing Errol point to swans fans and celebrate.

Even with 30k attendance their should be a continuous stretch of red and blue from behind the goals, through the club members and in to the MCC.

Should the banner squad relocate to the Olympic stand to beef up their surroundings with fellow demons?

I don’t particularly understand why the most passionate fans would be forced in to ordinary seats behind the goals? Sit them on the wing, the club and league can afford it!

We sit in the Redlegs section in SW Stand and although we tried to get extra seats for family members were told it was sold out. We have noticed that  the Row behind us is always occupied by different people non of whom seem to give a RCAH about the game and constantly talk about unrelated subjects. Serious drainers even had a bomber fan rabbiting on during the Bombers game. Not sure but am guessing that they are now Corporate seats. Certainly ruins the mood and the look of our premium MFC area.!!!!!!

ps- also noted that a lot of familiar Redlegs are no longer turning up to games there were at least 20 empty seats in our Row and the Row in front during the Dockers game, I am pretty sure it’s not me.!! My daughters said the same thing Saturday night.!!!

Edited by DeeZone
Additional info
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Idk who Angelo is. But we have Ryan. Pre-covid, Ryan didn’t miss a match in 21 years (and he’s only in his thirties), every H&A game, every interstate game. He even went to China. He lives and breathes MFC. He is unashamedly devoted to our Club. He is absolutely gutted when we lose yet has the presence of mind to comfort me when I cry after a loss (which is nothing new). He is one of the reasons that makes reading this disparaging BS so hard. And this is why I don’t make a point of talking about Demonland to any other DA members. I’d sooner die than lead any of them to this. 
I wore a Demonland hoodie to banner making the other week and a couple of comrades asked me what DL is. I diverted the convo to something else and told myself to never make that mistake again, ie, NEVER wear anything DL related, ever. This thread will ensure that I stick to that. 

Is Ryan the blonde haired fella leading the troops in the Demon Army WCW?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Dont take this the wrong way WCW the people in the Demon Army are lovely people who are passionate about our club, i've met a few of them in Adelaide and Perth. 

Angelo was front and Center on game day TV coverage during our dark days 08- 13 haven't seen him in a while hope he is well.

Always brought a smile to my face when i saw him in the crowd going his hardest.

• Like 1

‘I often sit at home drinking Chardonnay on my couch and think those people sitting behind the goals furiously supporting the club in the pouring rain should do more’.

In all seriousness the cheer squad are 100% not an issue. The issue is we have 60k members and it’s glaringly obvious on game day at least 50% of them don’t show up. People will come on here making claims about Covid and the flu, but every time I ask them why mysteriously Covid doesn’t impact Freo or Sydney supporters they seem to go missing. Probably out stocking up on a dry white wine for this Mondays game at home in front of the telly. Maybe Kayo should release a Chardonnay subscription pack for those who can’t be Foxtelled going to the footy.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Is Ryan the blonde haired fella leading the troops in the Demon Army WCW?

That’s him. He’s considered the face of the Demon Army, a title he doesn’t embrace since he says it’s a group effort. The three young guys who lead the chants with him are aged 21, 20 and 18. And they are psych. ward level passionate about the Dees, as much as the older members. You’d never meet such adoring fans as those in the DA. There’s NEVER even a modicum of negativity or pessimism within the group. Unlike some other Demons domains. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He still attends games but he's nearly unrecognisable now days. Has lost a ton of weight and doesn't do the Mohawk anymore.

4 hours ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Angelo sits in the front row of M52 section.  He has been very sick the last couple of years, but looks heaps better this season.  He doesn't have the Mohawk anymore  but he is still very vocal and totally committed to the Dees!

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I've had a gutful of people getting stuck into their fellow dees fans on this site. Some people are quiet. So what? I carry on like a pork chop at the footy but that's my personality. Other people are quieter than me. That doesn't make them less passionate. I go every week but some people can't make games for a million different reasons. That doesn't make me a "better fan". We've all gone through decades in the wilderness. We have our highest membership ever, our attendances are amongst the highest in the comp, we're top of the ladder and we're bloody premiers. And you know what? I reckon we're going to win the bloody flag again. Is there any danger people take a second to smell the roses? These are great days for our club. Let's enjoy the ride.

Edited by Kozzie4PM
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

I’m over I the half forward flank near the AFL members,  the 2A Tridents I think. Sorry about the long drawn out whinge.

I just ponder, how many other clubs would have the situation where supporters sometimes feel that it is inappropriate to be too vocal or passionate when barracking for your footy team? My guess is none, we are the exception.

Continue to be loud and proud, our players I am sure would appreciate it. 

I think we might be pretty close seats wise! 

I'm very lucky in that there are two very vocal ladies in our area (Who are great by the way and are there week in week out) so anything I do is considered tame compared to them and believe me I am a very vocal fan at times 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Kozzie4PM said:

I've had a gutful of people getting stuck into their fellow dees fans on this site. Some people are quiet. So what? I carry on like a pork chop at the footy but that's my personality. Other people are quieter than me. That doesn't make them less passionate. I go every week but some people can't make games for a million different reasons. That doesn't make me a "better fan". We've all gone through decades in the wilderness. We have our highest membership ever, our attendances are amongst the highest in the comp, we're top of the ladder and we're bloody premiers. And you know what? I reckon we're going to win the bloody flag again. Is there any danger people take a second to smell the roses? These are great days for our club. Let's enjoy the ride.

I hate to say it but it's a bit of a tough one Kozzie. On one hand you have fans who are there, in the stadium which is what we want but then people complain we aren't loud enough or clapping hard enough. You've then got people and I knew plenty of them who bailed on going and watched in the comfort of home which really if they are paid members they are also entitled to do. So what is it that we are actually aiming for? 

I think what I would like is to just have as many fans get to the game as possible and then there's enough to cheer, scream, boo, be silent to still give the place a decent presence. It's not black or white either it's a case of anything people can do will help. If you're there in your MFC gear you still form part of the presence and we still bring out the 'Demon' in everyone. It's not about decibel levels and who appears to sound louder. I'd actually like to know where everyone was who thought we were out cheered? Last week I did think the Freo fans sounded quite loud but that was because I'd moved around to the Ponsford to sit with mates and we were on e bay away from 90% of Freo fans in the stadium. If people thought the opposition fans sounded louder on TV well there's reasons for that too with ground mic placement.

But yeah enough waffling, I think the more fans that come, the better, but I'll also be happy with the ones that make the effort to get there. I don't think crowd has any reason whatsoever for these last two defeats but if I was going to look anywhere I'd look at my friends who didn't get there long before looking at the Demon Army for something to blame. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BDA said:

Rubbish post

I'm sorry if this offends some people but why does everyone have such a big problem with identifying areas of improvement? I don't doubt the people in this group work very hard at what they do and maybe it is not their fault. Maybe the club needs to do more to support them? But why is it when we're on a message board for discussion that people feel so threatened?

Again I apologise to all the people here involved in the Demon Army this is not meant to be attacking you personally and you most likely do a good job. We need to keep striving for improvement in all areas of the club and if we can improve this area then why not?

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:45 PM, DemonSam said:

“we have the weakest cheer squad in the league.”

“it kills momentum and you can tell the players feel it.”

“people tell me that my brother and I were louder than the cheer squad.”

“timing is terrible we go for chants at the point when the team is flying, not when they need us to rally them.”

"Melbourne! clap, clap, clap" its boring, our crowd doesn't get the timing and it doesn't inspire a mouse.”

10 minutes ago, Stein9193 said:

I'm sorry if this offends some people but why does everyone have such a big problem with identifying areas of improvement? I don't doubt the people in this group work very hard at what they do and maybe it is not their fault. Maybe the club needs to do more to support them? But why is it when we're on a message board for discussion that people feel so threatened?

Again I apologise to all the people here involved in the Demon Army this is not meant to be attacking you personally and you most likely do a good job. We need to keep striving for improvement in all areas of the club and if we can improve this area then why not?

There’s a way to say things, and there’s a way to say things. I took umbrage at your opening post because the comments (above) are what jumped out first. You do have some valid points, but they’re worth jack if they get lost amongst the inflammatory barbs. 

• Like 5