• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

What They Are Saying at Moore Park

Posted (edited)

Bigfooty

Before our Freo loss

• We go in with absolutely ZERO expectations of a win so should be no pressure on us.
  • Look at it this way:  We lose: we get a better draft pick via our first.  We win: we get a better draft pick via Melbourne’s first.  Happy days.
  • I'm low key confident we'll win this game. It'll be the first game where we put in a 4 quarter performance.
  • As for this game, it really comes down to Melbourne. ..it is only natural they're due to drop their intensity and lose a game. It is just a matter of whether they do it this week against Freo or next week against us.
  • They are due a stupid loss, and I would love it to be us but I reckon it would take a full four quarter effort with very few brain fades.
  • Gonna win this by under a goal and the post game thread celebrations will be going for a while
  • May out helps but if they drop freo they will destroy us
  • Mommy I'm scared

After our Freo Loss

• I had a feeling either Freo or Swans would break Melbourne's win streak, I guess Freo got there first. Is back-to-back losses too much to ask
  • Unfortunately for us, Melbourne couldn't wait one more half of footy before putting the cue in the rack. We now face the best team in the comp with the added spice of having a point to prove.
  • Anything within a 30 point loss will be a respectable outcome for us.
  • Melbourne will come out absolutely firing next week to dispel what happened last night.
  • We just gotta go with them, not saying we win , but think against the best we usually bring from full effort and fire up
  • Sure, they'll re-group & plan for a game without May - but I do sense we're catching Melbourne at a reasonable time.
  • I reckon Warner will be like a cat on a hot tin roof this week. Saturday night at the g, against the best team in the comp with the 2 best bulls in the game playing in his position. He would be frothing at the mouth to get out there this week...
    • ...I guarantee he will be looking for a moment to put either tracca or clarry on their [censored] this week to really announce himself
  • Dees loss to Freo has done us zero favours. Hard to see Petracca having another shocker.
  • Can we just forfeit, will be a massacre.
  • The matchup I’m really keen to see but unsure if will happen due to injury is the flying Ed Langdon v Jmac. I still think Jmac is not full speed from his knee injury but would love to see them go at it streaming down the wing of the G. Can see the former 400m runner Jmac reeling him in.
  • Just hit them hard from the get go pressure and intent goes a long way to winning any game.
  • Swans are 1 and 3 against the current top 8. That’s not finals calibre.
  • July 16.  Freo at Optus.  The stuff of nightmares.  By comparison, this week is a walk in the park.
  • Of course Melbourne get back Salem, McDonald, Harmes and Langdon this week. You just knew this would happen.
  • I honestly don't elevate Melbourne to these lofty heights that some have.  They're a good side. No doubt.  However they have their weaknesses.
  • They were exposed and out coached against Freo on the weekend.
  • Trac is carrying something and coming off a bad bout of the flu, I'm not too scared of him this week.

After Buddy’s Appeal Announced.

• If he gets off it will be because he's Buddy. It's worth doing.
  • I'm genuinely terrified of what Gawn, Oliver & Petracca will do to us if we have our usual 20-40 minutes of nap-time.
  • We have any lapses against that trio and we can forget about any comeback as they'll put it out of reach, something that Carlton, Brisbane, Richmond etc. all failed to do.
  • Watching it again just now on 360, not sure how we're going to argue it though when the second had a much bigger follow through so can't really be argued as the same action as the first lol.
  • It's a different Melbourne team this week: Harmes, Langdon, Salem, McDonald, a healthierPetracca.  Freo didn't have to deal with them.
  • If you head butted me, I'd ******* punch you in the face too

My favourite

• Buddy challenge is interesting. Wonder what the hell they can actually argue...
    • ..that cotchin is a [censored].     LH note:  The DL censor has spoilt the joke.  Censored word is a translation of: Richard Cranium. 
Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

It's amazing how we're seen externally.  Since the 1st half against the saints we've really only just been going.  Of course there's injuries etc but as some commentators have pointed out, our defensive running / pressure etc is not what it was last year.

Sydney always play well at the G.  We have some great likely additions but often it takes players a few weeks to find their groove - I think we're ripe for the taking at the moment.

I have confidence we'll get it together by the end of the season but can see us dropping a few in the next 8 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

It's amazing how we're seen externally.

Having prepared the 'What they are saying...' threads for a few months, I'm surprised how decent opp fans have been.  There has been the odd but rare nasty poster, which I don't bother including.

The most common sentiments are: respect, fear, awe.

This probably wasn't always the case.

tbh there are more nasty posts on DL toward our opps and their fans in the pre and post game related threads.  Shall see myself out...

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

It's interesting to read oppo posts which are vastly different to the sentiment expressed here, especially since the Freo loss. Oppo supporters tend to respect us more than we do our own when things go inevitably wrong ... 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Smokey said:

It's interesting to read oppo posts which are vastly different to the sentiment expressed here, especially since the Freo loss. Oppo supporters tend to respect us more than we do our own when things go inevitably wrong ... 

That's troubling. I always thought it was just Richmond supporters who were like this.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

May out helps but if they drop freo they will destroy u

They said this before the Freo game? Someone get me their contact details, I want to buy a lottery ticket.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, He de mon said:

They said this before the Freo game? Someone get me their contact details, I want to buy a lottery ticket.

I think it was during the Freo game before the result was known.

The poster feared we would take the loss out on Sydney.

• Like 4

We've beaten Sydney twice since 2010, and not convincingly on either occasion. Obviously we're a vastly different side from the early 2010s, but Sydney are well coached and well led, and we're going to need to play very well to beat them. I'm surprised their fans aren't more confident.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poita said:

We've beaten Sydney twice since 2010, and not convincingly on either occasion. Obviously we're a vastly different side from the early 2010s, but Sydney are well coached and well led, and we're going to need to play very well to beat them. I'm surprised their fans aren't more confident.

I can tell you there are plenty of swans fans that feel they are good things this week

Most of the ones I know think we have been plodding for weeks now getting by on a decent quarter here and there

They always match up well against us and I'm sure this week will be no different - tough game - tough selection choices coming up too

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydee said:

I can tell you there are plenty of swans fans that feel they are good things this week

Most of the ones I know think we have been plodding for weeks now getting by on a decent quarter here and there

They always match up well against us and I'm sure this week will be no different - tough game - tough selection choices coming up too

Hard to argue with any of that. They have the skills and the pace to break our lines.

We looked really slow against Freo, maybe it was training loads like last year or perhaps flu that we appear to have been hit by!?

Always match up well against us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

Hard to argue with any of that. They have the skills and the pace to break our lines.

We looked really slow against Freo, maybe it was training loads like last year or perhaps flu that we appear to have been hit by!?

Always match up well against us.

and physically small ... 

• Like 2

As good as it is to be getting a host of premiership stars back this week, it is likely going to take a few weeks for the side to gel. Whether we win or not, I’m not sure. We need to get the connection back. There has been a disconnect between mids and forwards in the last couple of weeks and we have been getting it done without being in great form. Sydney is another massive test. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tom Papley came out and said they are going to train “what Freo did” - which is great news.  Not playing their own ‘brand’ to beat us means 1) they don’t think their brand is good enough 2) the Dockers formula will work on a fully fit Dees outfit and 3) when it starts to fall apart for them, what do they do? The Dockers way or their own??

Sends a powerful signal that we should capitalise on.  Blood(s) in the water for a rebound.

Edited by buck_nekkid

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, buck_nekkid said:

Tom Pap smear came out and said they are going to train “what Freo did” - which is great news.  Not playing their own ‘brand’ to beat us means 1) they don’t think their brand is good enough 2) the Dockers formula will work on a fully fit Dees outfit and 3) when it starts to fall apart for them, what do they do? The Dockers way or their own??

Sends a powerful signal that we should capitalise on.  Blood(s) in the water for a rebound.

Seriously, the side and snide references are completely unnecessary and poor form.

Thanks for changing your post.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Seriously, the side and snide references are completely unnecessary and poor form.

52 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Tom Pap smear came out and said they are going to train “what Freo did” - which is great news.  Not playing their own ‘brand’ to beat us means 1) they don’t think their brand is good enough 2) the Dockers formula will work on a fully fit Dees outfit and 3) when it starts to fall apart for them, what do they do? The Dockers way or their own??

Just beat me to it.

Is there something offensive about vaginas mate? Or cervical cancer?

**Thanks for updating your post @buck_nekkid 🥰

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Thanks 1