Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne

Demonland

We absorbed the pressure they brought and worked out how to beat it. The oppo did not have the skills to play the style that they tried to implement

Result and discussion would be very different if our kicking had been better (perhaps 90-100 pt victory)

The Lingers tackle happend in front of us, he was badly hurt. Worried he will miss weeks

Crowd was pathetic and the scoreboard spent a lot of time celebrating 47k members

Finally, this was quite possibly the worst match day entertainment e.v.e.r! I go to watch the footy, NOT have my eardrums blasted by some [censored] with a couple of overly inflated marsupials hopping around on the background. Come back Robbo! All is forgiven!!!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Munga said:

you´re in denial. Carlton , Brisbane and Free are going to beat us convincingly the way we are playing. It s being disguised by a fairly soft draw and our inability to play 4 qtrs of footy is being spun as ´Melbourne finding another gear´. reality is we arent the best side at the moment and maybe free but definitely the carlton and bris games are going to be a big wake up call for a few on here.

Bookmark this post as fiction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

I’m in a bet with mates group, before yesterdays game we were $8 to break the record for most consecutive wins. It’s very doable.

North @ Marvel
Freo @ G
Swans @ G
Pies & G
Bye
Lions @ G 
Crows @ AAMI
Cats @ GMHBA
Port @ Darwin

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Deedubs said:

Another bad game where it took us 3 quarters to win the game against a very very very poor team. 

Is very very very poor team worse than just very very poor team? After their strong effort today where their pressure rating was close to 200 maybe they might jump up a rung on the Deedubs "Very" ladder to very poor team which must be a higher metric.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

13 hours ago, Dee-lusional said:

You take the 4 points but could of been a lot more if we didn't kick 16 points

We have been consistently poor at converting all year. There will be a few games where that will bite us.

I think we outscored Norf on the night by 15 odd scoring shots. Could have easily been a bigger win.

I know there is another thread already but i wonder if we need to start to worry about Trac's conversions and F50 efficiency. We had something radicicolous like 70 inside 50s but most were scrappy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, COVID Dan said:

We have been consistently poor at converting all year. There will be a few games where that will bite us.

I think we outscored Norf on the night by 15 odd scoring shots. Could have easily been a bigger win.

I know there is another thread already but i wonder if we need to start to worry about Trac's conversions and F50 efficiency. We had something radicicolous like 70 inside 50s but most were scrappy. 

I think we can start to be worried. Our Fwd line just doesn't seem to fire up all cylinders.

I do wonder if it's more a system or structure problem rather than individual skills or performance.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

I think we can start to be worried. Our Fwd line just doesn't seem to fire up all cylinders.

I do wonder if it's more a system or structure problem rather than individual skills or performance.

Aside from Plugga Mac &  Kozzie within about 30 to 35 meters we really lack a natural penatrating accurate kicker from about 45 meters.  All other forwards, even part time drifters like Tracc, are very dodgy in front of goal.  Jackson probably the best of the drifters within about 40 meters.

Is there anyone else you would trust on this list from about 40 to 45 out and just beyond?  Maybe Max when he's on?

It's our biggest weakness IMV and something we need to trade in for 2023.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I’m in a bet with mates group, before yesterdays game we were $8 to break the record for most consecutive wins. It’s very doable.

North @ Marvel
Freo @ G
Swans @ G
Pies & G
Bye
Lions @ G 
Crows @ AAMI
Cats @ GMHBA
Port @ Darwin

We will lose at least 1 game in that run. Heck even if it’s just to get the loss we have to have out of the way. The perfect season just puts to much unnecessary mental pressure on the group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Aside from Plugga Mac &  Kozzie within about 30 to 35 meters we really lack a natural penatrating accurate kicker from about 45 meters.  All other forwards, even part time drifters like Tracc, are very dodgy in front of goal.  Jackson probably the best of the drifters within about 40 meters.

Is there anyone else you would trust on this list from about 40 to 45 out and just beyond?  Maybe Max when he's on?

It's our biggest weakness IMV and something we need to trade in for 2023.

BBB, Sparrow, Frittata all ver accurate with good technique. Can’t kick them all though. 

• Like 1

I get as frustrated as anyone over unclean footy, and would love us to monster these struggling teams. But we won! We are the reigning premiers, we are 10-0, and we have a defence and midfield the envy of the competition. I spent too many years moaning through each season - I'm going to enjoy this. 

I understand people thinking that Lions or Freo could be considered better teams at the moment, but the ladder says we are unbeaten and they aren't so I continue to hold the Dees as the best team at the moment

I agree with various comments above re Melksham and Dunstan being required backup, but Dunstan is a momentum killer for mine and I would prefer to see Bedford, Woewodin, Rosman, get a go, especially against lower teams.

Toast and coffee being enjoyed immensely this morning. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I get as frustrated as anyone over unclean footy, and would love us to monster these struggling teams. But we won! We are the reigning premiers, we are 10-0, and we have a defence and midfield the envy of the competition. I spent too many years moaning through each season - I'm going to enjoy this. 

I understand people thinking that Lions or Freo could be considered better teams at the moment, but the ladder says we are unbeaten and they aren't so I continue to hold the Dees as the best team at the moment

I agree with various comments above re Melksham and Dunstan being required backup, but Dunstan is a momentum killer for mine and I would prefer to see Bedford, Woewodin, Rosman, get a go, especially against lower teams.

Toast and coffee being enjoyed immensely this morning. 

I go the opposite direction - I know that Dunstan’s best can get near replacing a core mids output in a final. The kids won’t. We are really young already for a team as good as us. Sparrow, Jordan, Rivers, Bowie, Pickett, even Spargo - that’s a great suite of youngsters we are blooding to replace our senior players. We are fine to have older depth.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, CYB said:

BBB, Sparrow, Frittata all ver accurate with good technique. Can’t kick them all though. 

From 40 plus out though CYB?  Sparrow maybe but doesn't get many opportunities as he isn't playing as a genuine forward.

Fritta from 40 plus .... meh.

BBB on a good day but then goes missing sometimes like yesterday.

Plugga Mac not a young fella.  Still think we need a big tall marking forward who can roost them from 40 plus and doesnt struggle with the extra distance (from 2023).

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CYB said:

We will lose at least 1 game in that run. Heck even if it’s just to get the loss we have to have out of the way. The perfect season just puts to much unnecessary mental pressure on the group.

Rd 23 Lions @ the Gabba if there has to be one.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

North @ Marvel
Freo @ G
Swans @ G
Pies & G
Bye
Lions @ G 
Crows @ AAMI
Cats @ GMHBA
Port @ Darwin

I do like the run in too. Think it’s doable, but my biggest concern will be when the loading gets increased at training and the players are playing tired. Last year we looked sluggish just post bye. 
An undefeated season would be such a turnaround from where we came from. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I get as frustrated as anyone over unclean footy, and would love us to monster these struggling teams. But we won!

We won every quarter, almost doubled their score, kept them to two goals in the second half and had the biggest winning margin of the round so far.  All this when we weren't playing as well as we are capable.   I don't get the angst.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

I feel like MFCSS has gone through a mutation this year, whereas in times gone by we expected them to play terribly all the time. These days many here have an unreasonable expectation that we are at the top of our game week in week out with no players allowed to have a bad game.

Breathe. 

• Like 15

You play the team in front of you on its merits with what you have. Too many people on this forum seem to think there is a fantasy land where perfect teams play perfect football against oppositions who roll over.

In the real world, great football looks like this. Not everything goes to script but you are good enough to overcome whatever is thrown at you. This is absolutely the best team in the league right now. Sure, some weeks our kicking is a little off, other weeks our clearances work is not dominant. Regardless, we find a way to overcome our opposition.

These teams lower on the ladder are free to try some really interesting things to penetrate our defensive zone. We will be learning a lot by having to deal with it. It’s not shameful to encounter something new and struggle to counter it, that’s us learning and adapting. I actually think we could have been in trouble if north could have executed the basics a bit better, there strategy for moving the ball was pretty good.

Sooner or later we are going to drop one because no team can be this dominant all the time. I for one am enjoying this immensely. I don’t need to pick at the little imperfections each week, I’m just enjoying watching us find different ways to win.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, DemonOX said:

I like it and so did my 9yo. Different people have different opinions. We live in Australia and different opinions are allowed as far as I’m aware  

Nobody suggested otherwise. 

Why are people calling Tom MacDonald “Plugga” lately?

It’s kinda silly bestowing another forward with that nickname (and spelling aside, it’s the same nickname) when that forward is, while a very good player, nowhere near as good as the actual, famous “Plugger”. 

Edited by Mel Bourne

1 minute ago, Mel Bourne said:

Why are people calling Tom MacDonald “Plugga” lately?

It’s kinda silly bestowing another forward with that nickname (and spelling aside, it’s the same nickname) when that forward is, while a very good player, nowhere near as good as the actual, famous “Plugger”. 

I've been calling him plugger for years. 

Perish the thought of reusing nicknames. Maybe we could call him Macca, that would be original 🤔 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I've been calling him plugger for years. 

Perish the thought of reusing nicknames. Maybe we could call him Macca, that would be original 🤔 

Re-using THAT nickname is ridiculous, considering it belongs to the greatest full forward of all time.

TMac is fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Still not good enough.

We have 60k members and yet could only bring in 13k for today.

I made the 4 1/2 trip down to watch the game and the atmosphere was pathetic. 

We have a substantial number of MCC members and others who go to the G and that is it. The AFL don't care about people going ahead of watching on the media. Terrible game time, cold evening/ night. Funny as it sounds we have won a flag, 10 on the Trott this year and people think easy win against North, cold night, people  don't like Marvel I will watch from the comfort of home. Not everyone is a fanatic like yourself DD. Not so many years ago I was like you but the aging process has got to me. I buy a membership to support the club then pick and choose when I attend. Sad but that is the way it is. 

• Like 5

The machine seems to adapt very well to whatever challenges are thrown at it, they keep to their system.  I expect it will notch up a gear or two in the coming weeks.

As an aside,  I left the game midway through the last quarter to go watch Richmond v Essendon.  I noticed two things. 
a) The standard of that game was pretty crap, minding less and less if Richmond stay in the eight.  
b) Sitting amongst that mob of  footy fans made me feel more intelligent than I most likely am.

• Haha 2