• Podcast LIVE TONIGHT @ 8:30pm      

• Podcast LIVE TONIGHT @ 8:30pm      

CHANGES: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne

30 minutes ago, A F said:

Agree, although I read Goody say Harmes could play next week, which means no change IMO.

You’d be stupid to risk Harmes off a short break and a long flight against North, when our next month sees us playing Freo, Sydney and Brisbane. 
Playing with fire. 
Wouldn’t be against playing Bedford and pushing ANB further up the ground to cover the Harmes role. Bedford deserves a full game. 
Dunstan doesn’t cover Harmesy’s role for mine. 

BBB’s 150th next week… appropriate 👌

• Like 3

Dunstan (if not injured) for Harmes (inj).

Bedford (medi sub) for Chandler (susp)

Out: Harmes (Inj), Chandler (Susp)

In: Bedford, Laurie (Sub)

Give Bedford another crack at the level,  and Laurie a chance to experience game day prep.

Those that think Chandler won't be suspended are crazy, it wasn't a good tackle. They are all trained to tackle to the side and drop one knee if possible.  Motion in the tackle is exactly what the AFL don't want as it leaves the tackled player in a much to vulnerable state.

there was no malice in the tackle and he didn't mean to hurt him but you have to tackle smarter than that in today's game.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

quite.....and it wasn't even a free.....just a football incident.....perfect tackle

Matthew Pavlich agreed, saying it was a perfect tackle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

OUT: Harmes (injured), Chandler (suspended)

IN: Bedford, Dunstan

Chandler "guilty" before being tried...  Must be a new way of doing business.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

They look at the result which was a badly concussed player. With the duty of care you’re assumed to be guilty, rightly or wrongly 

Not guilty your Honour

In: Bedford Out: Harmes.

Chandler wil stay as the sub as he won't be suspended it wasn't a sling tackle so he won't get suspended. He pinned his arms if he didn't pin his arms it would have been holding the ball.

8 hours ago, CYB said:

I don’t think Salem is anywhere ready. Didn’t he just start running last week? Still think he is 2 weeks away. 

If Dunstan is out then it might be a shuffling of deck chairs to bring a defender or Forward in. My guess :

In : Weid to CHF, Tmac to wing , JJ to mid / HF

Bedford for Chandler as medi sub. 

Weideman has had his chances and failed to capitalise. If a wildcard chance was to come into play, I would rather get a game into Van Rooyen. Having said that if Dunstan is fit he plays if not Laurie might be a chance.

• Like 4

The last 2 games have shown why Tmac is well ahead of Weid.

I'm sure i differ with virtually everyone else on this forum but I think that Bedford deserves a one week suspension for that tackle.

I'm not a great fan of Melksham, but I think he would be a suitable med sub if Chandler cops a suspension, particularly to help him get closer to 200 games.

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

I'm sure i differ with virtually everyone else on this forum but I think that Bedford deserves a one week suspension for that tackle.

I'm not a great fan of Melksham, but I think he would be a suitable med sub if Chandler cops a suspension, particularly to help him get closer to 200 games.

Chandler should get suspended before Bedford.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Winners at last said:

Yep, you certainly differ from everyone else.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Winners at last said:

We'll your first sentence is certainly correct.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

I think Chandler will get a week.

I hope they bring in Laurie or Van Rooyen - we're playing the bottom side and its important they get a taste.  Both are playing well at VFL level.

Problem is to bring them in for just one week isn't Goody's style, and not really a fair way to judge a debutante 

Disappointing to lose James "Chompers" Harmes. He has been in good form and his kicking has certainly improved over the last 12 months.

I would love to see Bailey Laurie get a chance against the Kangaroos even just as a medical substitute. We definitely need to give our younger players a taste of AFL experience.

However, I think Toby Bedford, Kade Chandler (if he isn't suspended) and Jake Melksham are the front-runners to replace James Harmes.

What I'd like to see: 

Out: Harmes, Ben Brown
In: Laurie, Van Rooyen

Just to breath a bit of youth into a game we'll win anyway.

What will happen:

Out: Harmes
In:  Dunstan

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Laurie was named as an emergency last week (St Kilda game) so he's certainly on the radar.

Shame if Dunstan is injured. He played a good role against the Saints.

Then there's Melksham

Going forward I would like to see a few more goals from the midfield group. Gawn aside they haven't been giving the 4 odd goals a game you would expect from that group

1 hour ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Disappointing to lose James "Chompers" Harmes.

Have we lost him? Haven't seen that anywhere yet.

Goody said it was tightness and they were hopeful for this week, although that was post-game and pre-scans of course.

• Thinking 1

If Laurie gets a game I hope it's not as the sub. Imagine having all your friends and family come to your debut game where you might sit on the pine all day. Or get in the ground for 5 minutes for 1 handball. Don't like it.

2 hours ago, Deedubs said:

What I'd like to see: 

What will happen:

If I was a one legged prawn in a flock of hungry seagulls, I would have more chance of surviving than Ben Brown getting dropped! Just will not and should not happen!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Deedubs said:

What I'd like to see: 

What will happen:

I get peoples excitement with JVR but lets let him develop in the 2's and get him doing it consistently over a few weeks before giving him a call up.  Also, the idea of swapping him for Brown really wouldn't happen this week noting:

• Brown is leading our goal kicking average
  • He's about to play his 150th game
  • Which is against his old mob 
  • Who shafted him
  • Who really are playing awful footy
  • And released there best defender last year to the Tiges.

BBB will be training the house down all week in preparation for a bag.

Edit:  Also, it just won't even happen this year for Brown 

Edited by Deeko2
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, picket fence said:

If I was a one legged prawn in a flock of hungry seagulls, I would have more chance of surviving than Ben Brown getting dropped! Just will not and should not happen!

lol lets not exaggerate. He was very close to getting dropped a few weeks ago when the Brown vs TMac vs Weideman started to circulate. 

He kicked 2 on the weekend and 6 possessions against very very weak opposition. 

Edited by Deedubs
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

I think Chandler will get a week.

I hope they bring in Laurie or Van Rooyen - we're playing the bottom side and its important they get a taste.  Both are playing well at VFL level.

I agree its important to keep young players flowing through the side no matter how well we are doing and this is the perfect week for a debutant against the youngest side in the comp - we havent had a first gamer since Bowey last year have we?