Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs West Coast

Demonland

1 minute ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Underwood's pre-game preparation . . . make sure I:

1. mention the 2021 grand final 200 times,
  2. remember that Jackson is from WA,
  3. note that Brayshaw's brother is at Freeo,
  4. remind everyone that Jackson once played basketball,
  5. always refer to Ben Brown as Big Ben Brown,
  6. say that Jackson used to love Nic Nat,
  7. declare that May and Lever are good footballers,
  8. mention that Jackson used to support Meth Coke 10 times,
  9. observe that Kosi is a good footballer,
  10. suggest that Jackson will be keen to drive his price up today (five times).

Part of me feels sorry for Underwood but really I put her in the same bracket as BT, Dwayne, and Brayshaw. Their voices alone drive me nuts, but their insistence to keep adding in puns to the calling is what really grates me. 

• Like 5

We need to get used to the idea that most teams will go out with the primary purpose of 'minimizing the damage' when they play us.  It comes with the territory of being the best team in the competition. 

'Messy' but great win Dees!

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

A lot of hate for Kelli Underwood comes from people with misogynistic views but she simply wouldn’t shut up about Jackson’s contract and it was gross.

Can’t I just hate her for telling me all game that Jackson is auditioning for West Coast? 
Firstly, that’s dead straight offensive to him. He doesn’t need to audition he’s good enough for them to want him. Secondly, maybe he’s playing well because he’s a good player who wants his side to win? 
Also I’m glad she kept reminding me he is from Perth and loves Nic Nat. Really added to the enjoyment of the game. 

33 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I felt terrible for Kade Chandler. You’re frequently right on the very edge of the team. You come on with 15 to go and the result well beyond doubt, you have to make every chance to state your case count. He was trying to aggressively defend and he almost got it right, but ended up injuring the player. It was an accident and he seemed shaken.

He looked shattered. Poor guy. Totally accidental. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Pates said:

Part of me feels sorry for Underwood but really I put her in the same bracket as BT, Dwayne, and Brayshaw. Their voices alone drive me nuts, but their insistence to keep adding in puns to the calling is what really grates me. 

But part of it is also the stupidity, just like BT… Underwood telling the viewers that is we continue winning, then we are on track to pass Geelong record in round 23…

Really??

• Like 2

i got the sense watching the game that we wanted to absolutely wallop them, but we tried so hard we lost a little bit of the connection inside 50 and made some bad decisions with that last kick. 

I think west Coasts hunt of the ball and willingness to play absolute chaos football threw us a little bit as well, but ultimately as a good side we got the job done is really solid fashion and move onto next week

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

We need to get used to the idea that most teams will go out with the primary purpose of 'minimizing the damage' when they play us.  It comes with the territory of being the best team in the competition. 

'Messy' but great win Dees!

On top with highest percentage and 9 put of nine wins. A 12 goal win today. Sounds like a good team to me.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

So many courageous acts tonight - particularly from Brayshaw and Gawn. It’s amazing to think how normalised this has become.

The thing I’m struggling is, is determining how good we are. We’re clinical and efficient, which sometimes hides things. All commentators claimed how good Saints were to get close to us last week even though we completely dominated. Even tonight the commentators were carrying on about West Coast and we pumped them by 12 goals! For once I would like us to get out of second gear… guess we can look forward to seeing how bloody good we are in finals!!!!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

So many courageous acts tonight - particularly from Brayshaw and Gawn. It’s amazing to think how normalised this has become.

The thing I’m struggling is, is determining how good we are. We’re clinical and efficient, which sometimes hides things. All commentators claimed how good Saints were to get close to us last week even though we completely dominated. Even tonight the commentators were carrying on about West Coast and we pumped them by 12 goals! For once I would like us to get out of second gear… guess we can look forward to seeing how bloody good we are in finals!!!!

we’ll get a good look before then. Freo and Brisbane twice before the end of the H&A season. 

• Like 6

The good news:

1. We gained, what, 8%?
  2. We're now two games and 19.6% clear of 3rd. Yes. 3rd. Not 9th.
  3. Pickett backed up last week with an incredible performance

The bad news:

1. West Coast is appalling and, honestly, we should have won by more
  2. We would have won by more if we'd kicked straight - far too many easy goals missed and low percentage shots taken when they shouldn't have been
  3. Harmes' injury
  4. Chandler's tackle - not because there was anything wrong with it (it looked like one motion to me, just unlucky), but because it clearly impacted him. 
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Biggest winning margin against the Wet Toasts, yet it was another workmanlike performance at best.  But all that matters is that we got the four points and bit of a percentage boost. GO DEES!

I reckon you're underselling our ability to kick goals off turnover. ie punish turnover. We still have many gears to go to, but in the 1st and 4th quarters we punished turnover like a good team should.

Our forward entries from stoppage wins however left a lot to be desired.

• Like 4

Another great win Dees good 1st and last and ground them down over the four quarters. Very even this week , great team effort a lot went right and a lot just missed the mark. Forward fifty entries were below par maybe a bit rushed and some were sublime. 74 point win over the Weagles at Optus, just another game.???

• Like 7

A lot of talk tonight and over recent weeks about if we play like we did today / tonight against the Lions or in the finals we’ll be in trouble. 

For the me the closest we’ve come to playing four qtrs was against the Hawks, yet even then we seemed to cruise for parts of the game, during the last qtr we didn’t kick a goal while the Hawks kicked 3.4. We only won by 10 points but at no point did I feel that we would lose. We seem to be able to put together 1-2 qtrs of per game and that’s enough to win the game. Yet some supporters are frustrated that we’re not going on to win by a greater margin. A few games that come to mind.

Rd .1 Bulldogs, the grand final rematch. Down by 9 at 1/2 time we kicked 4.4 in the 3rd to 0.2, then 4.5 to 3.0 in last. We won by 26 with the 3rd qtr being the difference. 

Rd .5 GWS, seen by many including myself as a potential danger game. 4.0 to 0.5 in the first then 10.2 to 2.2 in the 3rd. The game was well and truly over. 

Rd .8 Saints, another great challenge from an aspiring top 4 team. We were 9 goals to 1 up midway through the 2nd, the Saints refused to die and in the second half we just seemed to cruise along doing just enough kicking 5.6 to 5.3, the damage was already done.

Rd .9 WCE, seen by some as a potential 100 point thrashing we dominated two qtrs being the first and the last, kicking 13.9 which accounted for the majority of the margin. 

Yes Brisbane are a good side but they have a recent history of beating up on weaker sides all year then stumbling when it counts. Continual comparisons of what Brisbane beat the Eagles or North by doesn’t bother me. I think our best is 6-8 goals better than anyone else. The unbeaten streak aside, every week we have a new contender wanting to take down the reigning premiers. It would be hard to be up every week, but from what we’ve seen we can put teams away in a very short space of time. 

What does concern me though is our entries inside 50 at times, but when I went back and looked at the qtrs we’ve dominated I’d love to know the stats on how many of those goals were from marks inside 50 and how many from creating opportunities in general play

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

But part of it is also the stupidity, just like BT… Underwood telling the viewers that is we continue winning, then we are on track to pass Geelong record in round 23…

Really??

Round 18 I think, Geelong’s record is 23 in a row we’re currently 16 in a row. Kelly got a lot wrong today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, Pates said:

None of me feels sorry for her. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Trac just has to work on his set shot kicking. If he is going to be talked about in the same league as Dusty then he has to do better - it is one weakness. My son plays jnr footy with Lloyds kid am I’m tempted to ask him to reach out 😂. I feel like he needs more momentum in his run but what would I know.

I did like the intensity of the game though, I think it’s important to keep this up against the Roos as well otherwise we’d be in for a stark surprise against the Dockers and Swans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:Rd .9 WCE, seen by some as a potential 100 point thrashing we dominated two qtrs being the first and the last, kicking 13.9 which accounted for the majority of the margin. 

Yes Brisbane are a good side but they have a recent history of beating up on weaker sides all year then stumbling when it counts. Continual comparisons of what Brisbane beat the Eagles or North by doesn’t bother me. I think our best is 6-8 goals better than anyone else. The unbeaten streak aside, every week we have a new contender wanting to take down the reigning premiers. It would be hard to be up every week, but from what we’ve seen we can put teams away in a very short space of time. 

What does concern me though is our entries inside 50 at times, but when I went back and looked at the qtrs we’ve dominated I’d love to know the stats on how many of those goals were from marks inside 50 and how many from creating opportunities in general play

Good post. Interestingly, the comparisons with Brisbane are reasonably favourable, they beat West Coast by 75 at home, us 74 away. Their 105 point win over North will be tough to top (not that it matters), but based on the VFL this week I’d give us a shot. 
I also agree we bomb a bit too much inside 50 and our forwards don’t seperate enough. But it’s good to have room for improvement after 9-0 with a 74 point win. Helps stop complacency.

• Like 4
  • Love 1