Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

TEAMS: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

20 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Thank god I'm not a gambling man! I was wrong but I was right about them not playing the 3 tall forwards as McDonald will go back.

Would you like to bet the motel room you are now living in?

• Haha 3

I'll bet WERRIDEE's house that T Mac doesn't play back or Gus plays inside mid.

Smith is an obvious replacement for Lever, and Dunstan/Bedford for Viney. ANB could play more inside minutes, and Bedford could be given a small forward role.

I just don't understand why we are playing funny buggers by naming Weid, T Mac and Brown in the starting 18. 

4 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Heard a snippet on the radio that AFL are not following the Victorian close contact rules on the basis that they give Vic and NSW clubs an advantage over other States.

Not sure I agree if that is the case

Makes sense to me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Smith is an obvious replacement for Lever, and Dunstan/Bedford for Viney. ANB could play more inside minutes, and Bedford could be given a small forward role.

I just don't understand why we are playing funny buggers by naming Weid, T Mac and Brown in the starting 18. 

Dunstan\Bedford won't play have you seen the bench? They are not playing funny buggers that's the team.

6 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Dunstan\Bedford won't play have you seen the bench? They are not playing funny buggers that's the team.

The only reason to have Brown, Weid, T Mac is if Gawn or Jackson are doubtful, and Weid plays 2nd ruck.

If that's not the case, and all 3 play, we are playing with fire, and I predict a loss.

32 minutes ago, mo64 said:

We need a vote from all Demonlanders on whether we should auction or go to private sale for the Weridee Mansion!

Proceeds to Demonland to spend on new servers, then acquire a venue for Demonland social club, that can be loaned to MFC!

TMac obviously picked to play Pickett fast running elusive forward flank role, can just see him zipping in and under picking up all Weids  crumbs, and kicking 8!

• Haha 2

Smith in for Lever - Smith is more versatile than Tomlinson

Bedford in for Viney - Sparrow and Harmes take Viney’s midfield minutes and centre bounces. 

BBB in for one of Weeds or TMac - personally I’d like to see more of Weeds but I think it will be him going out. 

1 hour ago, Winners at last said:

I doubt that Angus will play on ball, he's doing too well at HB and/or on the wing. The coach will 'make do' with JJ/Sparrow/Harmes/Nibbler/Kozzy to fill Viney's absence. I wouldn't mind seeing Harmes having a 'run with' role with Bolton.

No way TMac will play on the wing. It was tried before and was a failed experiment. I doubt that he will play back either, although that would be my preference. Smith is clearly Goody's love child, so he will get the gig replacing Lever. Not sure where that leaves TMac. 3 talls forward isn't an option, so perhaps he's dropped or med sub.

I'm with you on the Harmes run with role. Think if we can nullify their danger mids that's going to help our backs a lot. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Yeah I'm confused with these selections.

I would have thought McDonald goes back, but then they have already named Smith as well. To see Weid, McDonald and Brown all named in the one forward line after Goody comes out publicly and says this is not even an option is head scratching. 

I honestly have no idea why Melksham is even a consideration. He is well past it and has been for 2 years now. He should be at the stage now where he's only named if we have significant injury list. I seriously he's an emergency and that's it.

I agree with some. I don't think Dunstan will play. They'll bring in the extra runner perhaps in Bedford. If Dunstan could get a gig out with Viney out then makes you wonder if he'll even play at all this year. Like for like swap you'd think.

Melksham was really quiet in the VFL last week.

Bedford ran and went in really hard last week. He should come in if needed.

• Like 1

I dont think it's written in stone that players named in the 22 cant be dropped. If dunstan is worth his salt he'll be able to rotate through the guts, forward or back and gut run like the rest. If not, bedford in and ANB taking more midfield minutes. 

Out: Lever, Viney, Tommy BBQ

In: Smith, Brown, Dunstan/Bedford (in or medisub)

---------------------------------------------

FB: Hunt May Petty 

HB: Brayshaw Smith Bowey 

C: Jordon Petracca Langdon

HF: Pickett Weid ANB 

FF: Fritta Brown Spargo 

Follow: Gawn Clarry Sparrow 

Int: Harmes Jacko Dunstan Rivers 

Edited by MrFreeze

3 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Unless Dunstan can go up at least two gears, he can continue to plod around at Casey.

Finally! Roger - we should go bowling sometime.

Luke clearly still adjusting to our training demands. He was initially blown away by the change up (understandable coming from Lazy Acres) and still a ways to go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mo64 said:

The only reason to have Brown, Weid, T Mac is if Gawn or Jackson are doubtful, and Weid plays 2nd ruck.

If that's not the case, and all 3 play, we are playing with fire, and I predict a loss.

No TMac will go back Weid and Brown forward Smith will play small

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

There are only two realistic options IMO. The first honours the "rule" that the 18 picked are the starting 18, with emergencies to come from the extended bench. Honouring that "rule", I wonder whether Jackson may be out injured. That would mean Weideman/TMac stay in to play Jackson's role.

If that were the case, whichever of TMac or Weideman were the nominal "playing if Jackson isn't" would be on the extended bench with Jackson. In the "field 18 all play" scenario, they're all playing irrespective of if Jackson does, so I ruled that out as an explanation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DEE fence said:

I totally agree that Brayshaw has all the tools to take Viney's place, but disagree (politely) with everyone that he should. Salem's QB role and he is a defender not not a mid, is really crucial, that is why Brayshaw should stay defensive and not go into the middle. Of everyone named Gus is the best to fill in the Salem role. Smith can be a poor man's Lever, and it is a fair time for Dunstan to come in and rotate with Sparrow. I want our defence as stable as possible so with Lever out, keep Gus down back for now.

I'd say Bowey is playing Salem's quarter back role. Gus is adding more defensive stability back there by providing extra cover to the wingers, and enabling our defenders to zone off and rebound strongly as Gus is a good 1v1 player, particularly in the air. He can take good defensive field position and plug holes when our other players attack or zone.

• Like 4

Is there a rule that says the players listed in the published positions on the field must be part of the final squad?   In other words can say Oliver be left out of the final squad and 5 of the so called interchange are then included instead of 4.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I feel for Viney and Lever, they too will have to go back to Casey to earn their spots back in the side.

Brown should they wont

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

Dunstan is in

How do you know? The teams aren’t even in yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nasher said:

If that were the case, whichever of TMac or Weideman were the nominal "playing if Jackson isn't" would be on the extended bench with Jackson. In the "field 18 all play" scenario, they're all playing irrespective of if Jackson does, so I ruled that out as an explanation. 

Why?

What I was suggesting might happen is that Jackson is going to be declared out in the final team tonight, which would then mean Brown came in for him. 

No, it doesn't make sense (if Jackson were unfit why not just declare so last night), but it's still an option.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

How do you know? The teams aren’t even in yet

The particular poster’s mail is usually reliable W’DEE, good luck to Dunstan if indeed he’s a starter. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1