Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFLW GAMEDAY: Grand Final vs Adelaide

Reality of AFLW is it has just passed amateur stage, give it 10-12 years and if it is professional at that time, the standard will improve significantly.

Being semi professional is why Crows have such a huge advantage as a one team football town. As previously posted they lose Philips and 1-2 of their other better players, don’t have a virtual monopoly  on SA talent next year and they become beatable!

Still hats of this year, they were the best team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

Under 11 level style of footy from both sides today. This hack it on your boot style of football is evident this year in all levels (men and women). Pretty poor coaching really. People are quick to pot Tayla Harris, but I can’t imagine Id have great body language if the ball kept coming in high and I had 3 defenders on me. Nevertheless, my observations on the game is that McNamara was/is in a league of her own in contested footy, stood out evidently, just looked far superior when she went near the footy - just wasn’t near it enough. Daisy plays clean and neat, but doesn’t get utilized as a second or third chain because of our sloppy game style of pressure and effort, which is what I used to tell the kids in under 11. Hopefully we evolve from this, perhaps getting some help from our senior side. Pretty surprised to see such a poor level. And lastly, Bannon. Now, I don’t watch much of this AFLW, and after today I see why, it hasn’t improved much, sadly the girls are let down by poor coaching, but this Bannon, looked really sharp. She’s good with her hands, has great football instincts, and looks to have a lot of ability. Probably one of the more capable players I’ve seen. Could even bring me back to watch another game.

You're telling me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CYB said:

Well it’s going to get worse before it gets better given expansion plans. 

This is on the AFL. Should have kept the number of teams to 10 max for a decade and let it evolve organically with the girls coming up from junior sides with proper coaching and experience.

Maybe should have had a state based league (2-3 teams from each) as opposed to AFL mens affiliates that have probably caused this issue due to FOMO.

Been saying similar for a long time. The AFLs greed and shortsightedness have done immense damage to the quality of the game

• Like 3

Well I am proud of our girls. They were outclassed for the first quarter and a half but they kept trying and I believe will come back a better outfit from this. Just hope we don't lose too many good players with this ridiculous expansion going on.

• Like 3

Crows are a state side, whilst we have to split Vic talent between 8 teams.

They have so many tall powerful players in their prime years.

We really fought it out against the odds and just couldn’t get that 3rd goal to get within a kick. If that happened I really think the Crows could’ve got nervous and we could’ve pinched it.

Great coaching effort to get the game back in our style with run and carry. And the players run, commitment to the contest and pressure lifted to levels I didn’t think they had in them.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

First up as pointed out the Crows are the best of the state winning 3/5 grand finals says it all.  But like the eagle in the 90's.  Hopefully with Port coming in, it will break up the team a bit.

But the apparent effort by many of the girls on TV looked really poor.  Lots seem to be walking, waiting to see where the crow player would run before moving and not running to support at all, with terrible decision making. Crows run really hard to support, creating space for better decision making. 

Think the girls were psyched even before the game started or the coach tried something new and it upset the side? No idea. Bit except for late 3rd and some of the 4th, we did not look like we wanted to be there.  

As the umpire is so different to AFL, watching Phillips mouth off to the umpire when we got a free off her and no 50 (2md war near our 50).  Doesn't that rule apply for the women this year? 

Hopefully the girls will learn from it and see who comes back in August for the next season.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darkhorse72 said:

First up as pointed out the Crows are the best of the state winning 3/5 grand finals says it all.  But like the eagle in the 90's.  Hopefully with Port coming in, it will break up the team a bit.

Imagine 10 teams of Adelaide quality…. That is what we should have

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Longsufferingnomore said:

Daisy did name the sponsors.

What concerns me is that there seems very little talk from the Club about retaining her at the Club either in a coaching or administrative capacity. 

she clearly wants to coach at afl level

at the moment, our coaching dept is super settled 

i don't think there's a role for her at the moment unfortunately

Congratulations to the team on an excellent season, but the reality is we have way too many underperformers at present to challenge Adelaide. Ignore the final margin, we have been belted three times by them in the past 12 months or so. Hatchard and Marinoff are great players who never fail to perform.

Why our forwards persisted in playing behind all day is beyond my understanding. As is why they won't spread out and give the midfield some options to kick to. 

Goldrick, McNamara, L.Pearce were very good. Gay, Hanks, West and a few others tried hard, but many of the rest just didn't turn up.

Mithen's disposal is abysmal and she was a complete liability. Zanker has regressed horribly and doesn't look like she wants to be there. Scott has barely touched the ball all year. Paxman tries hard, but makes way too many errors. If we lose players to the expansion teams, hopefully they come from this list.

9 minutes ago, poita said:

Mithen's disposal is abysmal and she was a complete liability. Zanker has regressed horribly and doesn't look like she wants to be there. Scott has barely touched the ball all year. Paxman tries hard, but makes way too many errors. If we lose players to the expansion teams, hopefully they come from this list.

Nah ... We need Paxmans grunt.
Wouldn't want to throw out Zanker on 1 poor year either.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

Heartbroken for our girls!  They gave their all, but they were simply outmuscled and outclassed by a bigger and stronger outfit.  There’s nothing wrong with that, and they should be proud that they made it to the Grand Final.

Somewhat selfishly, I’m disappointed, because I so much wanted our great Club to be proud holders of the current AFL and AFLW pennants.

A disappointing end to a great season. It was always going to take our absolute best today and we got nowhere near it. But I'm still proud of their fight.

Adelaide are a juggernaut! All credit to them.

• Like 1