Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bevo unleashes on Tom Morris

dazzledavey36

49 minutes ago, binman said:

I agree with all of thst.

What I was referring to is that I wonder if Morris if guilty of spreading unsavoury rumours about dog's players or revealing personal details.

As the jessie Hogan text suggests, he has form in thst regard.

And as the leaked audio suggests he lacks integrity (not to mention, and is a racist, homophobe and misogynist). 

There is something else going on here than selection related leaks. It felt very personal for Beveridge.

But you are right, none of that excuses Beveridge's behaviour. Perhaps helps explain it, but definitely not excuse it.

On the above I heard the dogs ceo (his name escapes me) being interviewed on 3aw. Was asked if there was something else here to explain such an over the top reaction from Beveridge. Very instructive answer.

After a pause said, paraphrasing, I don't want to go into any further detail and we don't want to be making any excuses. 

The implication was clear. There is something else at play here.

Ironically, needs a gutter 'journalist like Morris to uncover the real story 

If Morris has been spreading rumours or revealing personal information about Dogs players, I'd understand the motivation for Beveridge's anger. But I reckon that would have come to light today, wouldn't it? With all the focus on him, and with the leaked audio getting out today straight away, I reckon if Morris had been digging around Dogs players we'd know by now.

Not that it would surprise me if that was ultimately the case. Morris is a [censored].

6 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

If Morris has been spreading rumours or revealing personal information about Dogs players, I'd understand the motivation for Beveridge's anger. But I reckon that would have come to light today, wouldn't it? With all the focus on him, and with the leaked audio getting out today straight away, I reckon if Morris had been digging around Dogs players we'd know by now.

Not that it would surprise me if that was ultimately the case. Morris is a [censored].

If there is something, it will come out in time.

Too early now as the dogs will be desperate to keep any such stuff under wraps and kill this as a story.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, binman said:

So, let me get this straight, these people who own a deck of victim cards have 52 opportunities to pull out a victim card.

Yeah. If it’s the standard deck which comprises 4 suits, Justifying Abuse, Manipulation, Attention Seeking and Diffusion of Responsibility. Players by their very nature are quite skilled in which card to play and when to play it. Politicians for example are given a deck once elected to office and after a couple of terms are deemed professional players.

Then again if it’s the Tarot version they’ll have 78 opportunities. The danger with the Tarot deck of course is that the player will at some stage play the 22 card.

4 hours ago, binman said:

Fake news.

Looking at the actual headline and teaser para, it's his mate who shared the audio clips who has learnt his lesson.

Didn’t think it would go viral apparently. That's his lesson

Funny stuff.

Does Tom have a friend like Nadia Bartel has?

• Like 1

This whole situation has got completely out of hand and that saddens me.

What Morris did in asking the questions of Beveridge in my mind @ a Press conference was 100% journalism pure ethics... I have no issue.. 

I have two other issues though with cowardly people in Bevo and his outburst as well as the coward who released the audio of Morris, just because I would say that he did not agree with what Morris said at the Press conference.

Now let me analyze who that Coward was... 1. A Bulldogs supporter 2. An X friend of Morris and 3. A guy who eats dogs meat for breakfast.- apologies to all friendly four legged friends...

• Haha 1

I think Tom’s comments about his colleague are terrible, but for a private conversation to be distributed without his consent which will now ruin his career is a very harsh lesson. 95% of people on this forum would have said a disparaging comment about their colleagues at some point in their lifetime but the difference is no one was secretly recording them and sending it to their bosses.

Even the second video he’s clearly drunk and hasn’t given permission to be recorded.

As I said, Tom’s comments in both vids are disgraceful, but I just think it’s sad for society that people are essentially getting fired for saying something in private and then getting it recorded, leaked and their workplaces made aware. This is very different to trolls online who acknowledge that their tweets/posts are published to the internet or even celebrities who made disgraceful remarks on Twitter 10 years ago which are dragged up.

Just makes me worried/sad for a person’s right to privacy and one of the bigger villains in all of this is who distributed this content.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 12
  • Vomit 1

So much about this saga is a storm in a few cup.

Don't know if it's been said before in this thread, but if anyone had a right to be lashing out at the media reciently over leaking of internal club machinations, it was Simon Goodwin Re the aledged doctor bulling episode and not Bevo for something trivial like a selection move.  Look at the contrast with Goody's classy refusal to be drawn into a public slanging match through the media.

Secondly if Bevo is playing games with naming someone on the bench that he never actually intended to start there (i.e. there was always an intent to swap him out for a injured player that was named in the side) surely there's actually an integrity issue there with the naming of the 22 in which the AFL wouldn't approve.  I'm sure it's happened pleanty of times before, but to be so overt about it and then get all upset about being outed for it and draw more attention to the occurance really does make me wounder.  It would be something I'd be wanting to hide under the carpet, rather than bring more attention to.

Lastly, this whole episode had been so grossly over hyped it's not funny.  I don't know how Bevo draws the link to player mental health, when as far as I can make out the media was speculation over a selection call and perhaps an on-feild/training performance or attitude related judgement, not as if the players private life was being trawled through in the tabloids.  Equally Bevo's apology was over the top - yeah he had a bit of a slightly personal dig at Morris, but 'really' .  Bevo made more of a fool of himself than of Morris.  If lashing out at reporter's at post match press conferences is now a charitable donation worthy offence, the Salvation Army and others must be licking their lips at all the retrospective post match swear jar payments owed by Mick Malthouse and a few others.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 2

Seconding R(B)G above ...

4 hours ago, David-Demon said:

This whole situation has got completely out of hand and that saddens me.

Contrast with the MFC's handling of the Goodwin/bully/doctor thing. With dignity and behind the scenes. Didn't lash out in anger and risk blowing up out of control the way this Dogs thing has. The on-going effect to the WB is yet to be seen. It shows the value of respectful media relations even in situations where the respect is not deserved.

4 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Just makes me worried/sad for a person’s right to privacy and one of the bigger villains in all of this is who distributed this content.

There are no winners in this. Just a chain of people behaving badly.

• Like 7

I don't know many people who haven't gossiped about people at work in a private setting- who is hottest, who might be gay etc. My wife is certainly the worst at this!

doesn't sound nice when released but it happens all the time.  unless I haven't heard the recording that is worse than that I honestly dont think its that bad

• Like 2

16 hours ago, S_T said:

Morris is now confirmed as a grade A troglodyte who might want to crawl back under the rock he emerged from (and learn to watch his mouth when microphones are near).

Agree with the first half, but your bracketed sentence sounds like it’s ok to think like he does as long you you don’t get recorded. 
If you have the right attitudes towards others you don’t have to watch your mouth when microphones are near.

39 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I don't know many people who haven't gossiped about people at work in a private setting- who is hottest, who might be gay etc. My wife is certainly the worst at this!

doesn't sound nice when released but it happens all the time.  unless I haven't heard the recording that is worse than that I honestly dont think its that bad

It happens all the time in all professions. Only difference is that its probably not recorded and sent to a whatsapp group. 

• Like 2

It's strange that most reporting about Morris that I've seen refers to only one recording about a colleague.  As hurtful and unprofessional as that recording is, it's the other one that I see as the one that will cost him most.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

You are probably right. Who amongst us hasn't said something not so nice towards a co worker in private. 

The issue for me isn't that he said she's hot or whatever, and he does go on to say what a lovely and fun person she is, it's the derogatory nature of his comments relating to her sexuality which are just revolting, even if they were said in private.

If he said she's beautiful, lovely, fun to hang around, but unfortunately for you guys she's gay, I would be like "meh", but he carries on like a horny 12 year old and it's absolutely revolting. 
Also to the person who leaked this audio, nice of you to think about this poor woman who's sexuality has been splashed all over the media. Good job. 

• Like 7

The press being now in full attack mode are  comparing performances in single sports to the ultimate Team sport of AFL like one in awe of himself  Norman to us..The press really struggle with the truth in post Covid humility.

• Thinking 1

Hopefully tom morris ends up as a trivia question and this is the last we hear of him. Im sure like all gutter journos he lurks on here.

so bye bye, hopefully you can hang out with Ricky nixon whoop whoop

bevo is out of order but at least he is man enough to front foot a apology, lets wait to hear toms excuses 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DubDee said:

When you work in the media, you must always be aware of a microphone. 
Everything in a Studio gets recorded 

That doesn’t excuse the leak, but it probably won’t save his job. 
He can’t work in AFL again 

• Like 1