Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Angus Brayshaw Re-Signs Until 2028

Demonland

Feel sorry for Brayshaw here - don't think anything he has said gives any reason to imply he's thinking of leaving.  But the deal hasn't been done so it's not in his interest to give away his hand before the negotiations are sorted.

He seems to genuinely love the club and players - but in a talented team will get less than he could get elsewhere.  It's fair enough for him to ensure he gets paid the maximum amount we can afford.  His importance to the team has been amplified this year by the role he is doing in defence.  While I still think his kicking lets him down more than he'd like... who else could play the role he is playing currently with Salem injured?  Sparrow?  Jordon?  Bowey?  Smith?   Harmes? I can't think of anyone who stands out.   Jordon is probably the only one that has the size and composure to do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Action Jackson said:

Just read that Carlton are now into Amon & Brayshaw....

Given the amount they have spent on blokes like Jack Martin, Adam Saad and Zac Williams it would amaze me if they have much salary cap.... 

Must be going back to the old brown paper bag days.

Is anyone surprised at that? Saints and Blues are basically linked to every single RFA, FA, disgruntled player. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deedubs said:

I actually prefer Brayshaw in the backline than on the wing. I feel like he is much better in defence. But I don't blame him for wanting to be an inside mid somewhere. He could be a top 5 Brownlow finisher if given a full time inside mid role somewhere.

brayshaw in the backline > wing > inside mid

he's playing the best all around footy - offensive / defensive mix - in his current role

I'm not sure why people keep assuming Gus has a desire to play inside mid. He has had a series of concussions (as an inside mid), is a smart guy who'd understand the ramification of further concussions, and plays in a soft helmet to prevent concussions... why would he be in a hurry to return to the position where another concussion is more likely than where he currently plays..?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Dwight Schrute said:

Who do we think offers more as a first choice on baller  Viney or Brayshaw? 

My suspicion is protecting Gus RE: Concussion and keeping him on the park has been part of the decision to get him more on the outside, as well as his obvious quality on the inside and outside. 

JV hands down

Gus on wing /HBF

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

I'm not sure why people keep assuming Gus has a desire to play inside mid. He has had a series of concussions (as an inside mid), is a smart guy who'd understand the ramification of further concussions, and plays in a soft helmet to prevent concussions... why would he be in a hurry to return to the position where another concussion is more likely than where he currently plays..?

It has been obvious subtext to whenever it is brought up in Gus & Gawny. I don’t disagree with your point but he feels he is a midfielder, he wants to be on ball and he will either reconcile that or he will leave to try and be that at Fremantle. That’s my read of it. I am just going to enjoy 2022 and his part in it. 

Enjoying the moment, and getting to more games that some Dees fans who live 700kms closer than I do - that’s what rpfc is allllll about.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

54 minutes ago, bush demon said:

Good news, I just checked into Gus N Gawny 50th celebration podcast and they haven't rebadged it 'Gus is Gawny" as yet.

Gawny has brought it up a few times lately.... looks like he is enjoying making Gus squirm.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rpfc said:

It has been obvious subtext to whenever it is brought up in Gus & Gawny. I don’t disagree with your point but he feels he is a midfielder, he wants to be on ball and he will either reconcile that or he will leave to try and be that at Fremantle. That’s my read of it. I am just going to enjoy 2022 and his part in it. 

Enjoying the moment, and getting to more games that some Dees fans who live 700kms closer than I do - that’s what rpfc is allllll about.

RPFC

Have you actually have heard Angus say he prefers to play midfield and say since the premiership if he doesn't get his way he will leave and play elsewhere?

I have not heard him say that and in fact more than ever he said it last week again after the Saints win that he is playing his role and that is what he is concentrating on. I have not heard ONCE yet that he has said he will leave.

It is the minds of supporters (maybe very limited from the Press) that have have tried to put 2 and 2 together and are ending up with 5 perhaps.  Same as others are indicating he wants more money and will leave also.

I reckon he took a little convincing early last season that the wing was his position but once he was convinced he started calling it the Wingers Club.  He now calls defense the Men's Club!!!

I think we are blessed with Angus who goes under the radar and his footy is at the top of his game at the moment. Yes money and sometimes the grass is greener are motives but Angus has a much more rounded lifestyle and care about people more than anything I believe.   He looks like a keeper to me but I might be reading the tea leaves wrong!!!

PS  I hope he doesn't leave as the any of the Brayshaws are top people and value Clubs and all values and  things that make them great.

• Like 5

Every team has to give up 3 senior players ( do not think a rookie counts) . Hibberd  ( prob. becomes a rookie ) Melksham delisted 

Chandler traded , Weidman traded  and Brayshaw  traded ( a second rounder ) We need to have enough to pay for Jackson.

• Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 3

2 minutes ago, COOLX said:

Every team has to give up 3 senior players ( do not think a rookie counts) . Hibberd  ( prob. becomes a rookie ) Melksham delisted 

Chandler traded , Weidman traded  and Brayshaw  traded ( a second rounder ) We need to have enough to pay for Jackson.

We trade Brayshaw for a second rounder and i will dump a truck load of cow poo at MFC headquaters.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, COOLX said:

Brayshaw for a 2nd Rounder…..

you didn’t really mean that did you….

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Can’t stand this dude and it’s hardly ground breaking news. Every man and his dog could have thought of this. 

Thank god he is in WA and i don’t have to listen to his waffle. 

3 hours ago, Demonstone said:

When and why did we start spelling "defence" with an "s" like the Septics do?  

Probably around the time we started pronouncing it D-fence Demonstone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CYB said:

Is anyone surprised at that? Saints and Blues are basically linked to every single RFA, FA, disgruntled player. 

Carltons cap always amazes..

Brayshaw isn't going anywhere and if he does, I will be heartbroken, cos he's my fave.. Has been since he used to set up Garlett! Love how he's evolved as a player and don't care if he plays wing or half back, he's great and verging on AA at either position. Just love him. Vice Captain I reckon. Although it'd be a bit crap to take that off Viney..

• Love 1

9 hours ago, COOLX said:

Well that is fact is it? We just get rid of Chandler Weid and Brsyshaw. First of all both Weid and Kade I believe are not out of contract till end id 2023. We know Angus'situation. 

Melky Baker and may be Hibbo to a rookie ( and a one year agsin but on a lower salary ) would be possible but surely we would retain Angus and Jacko with  the coin from the difference in salary between the delisted  players and new young draftees. 

This  is terribly basic snd I am sure that the Club is well aware if it's situation.

My point is how would we find money to pay for Amon for example but our Bean Counters/Footy Dept.  are or seem to be on the job of recent times. 

We are in a good spot with our list due realistic contracts for our 6/8 stars or AA players so far however winning flags and the AFL policy and BPA will effect our Club differently no doubt in this potentially very successful era. 

On 5/12/2022 at 7:31 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

You would think if that tweet is correct then he is staying.

When we were chasing Cerra, a swap of Brayshaw for him would have seen Cerra a demon. We would surely have at that time asked Gus if he was thinking of such a move, as to have not done so would have been derelict list management.

I think Gus has made it clear where he wants to play out his AFL career and we therefore gave up on Cerra as we had nothing else of interest to Freo that we would deal on.

I am very confident we will soon see new Demon contracts for Gus and Luke announced.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Redleg said:

You would think if that tweet is correct then he is staying.

When we were chasing Cerra, a swap of Brayshaw for him would have seen Cerra a demon. We would surely have at that time asked Gus if he was thinking of such a move, as to have not done so would have been derelict list management.

I think Gus has made it clear where he wants to play out his AFL career and we therefore gave up on Cerra as we had nothing else of interest to Freo that we would deal on.

I am very confident we will soon see new Demon contracts for Gus and Luke announced.

I had not thought of that scenario, it makes a fair bit of sense