Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

COVID Disruptions 2022

bandicoot

13 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

You're the one who should be jealous.

My copy of "The Raven" album has the rare and beautiful 3D cover ... and you're not getting it!  :cool:

Not gonna lie… jealous af. Wanna sell it? I’ve got a heap of fungibles and even more cryptos. Oh, and a bunch of buttons, badges and ribbons and a my lil pony.
Name yer price, devil-pebble. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Brett Ratten's turn to miss this week due to Covid protocols. Not sure if he has Covid or is a close contact. Shows the importance of having a smooth running coaching team and not just relying on a singular, autocratic coach.

Speaking of.... I had the pleasure of a 3hr drive on Sunday so plonked the ABC on for the footy.. Mick Malthouse sounds like his mental capacity has declined these last few years out of the coaching spotlight. His commentary was all over the place.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Brett Ratten's turn to miss this week due to Covid protocols. Not sure if he has Covid or is a close contact. Shows the importance of having a smooth running coaching team and not just relying on a singular, autocratic coach.

The stand-in coaches are 3 for 3. All the tactics are worked out during the week, and gone are the days of the hot gospellers who motivated players on gameday.

• Like 1

Damn I have just tested positive to Covid my daughter who sits with us at the footy has just tested positive as well, I hope that We don’t get it as bad as WCW.  Waaaaasa.!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

31 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Damn I have just tested positive to Covid my daughter who sits with us at the footy has just tested positive as well, I hope that We don’t get it as bad as WCW.  Waaaaasa.!!

I’m so sorry to hear that, DZ. Hopefully you and your daughter aren’t hit too hard by it. Rest up and drink plenty of water. And by plenty I mean minimum two and a half litres. 
Take it easy. 💖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m so sorry to hear that, DZ. Hopefully you and your daughter aren’t hit too hard by it. Rest up and drink plenty of water. And by plenty I mean minimum two and a half litres. 
Take it easy. 💖

Drink two and a half litres of water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FMD, I don't use that much for a shower!

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Drink two and a half litres of water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FMD, I don't use that much for a shower!

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Per sip? 

Everyone should drink at least two litres of water per day EVERY day. (Two and a half to three litres if you’re unwell.) I do, and have done so for years. You’d be amazed at the difference it makes. 👌🏽

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that close contacts will no longer need to isolate, at least not in Vic and NSW, we are less likely to lose a player for covid protocols. 

Only a matter of time before other east coast teams follow suit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Now that close contacts will no longer need to isolate, at least not in Vic and NSW, we are less likely to lose a player for covid protocols. 

Do the rules regarding close contacts differ much between the States? If so, does this compromise the AFL competition? For example, could the WA teams lose more players to "Health and Safety Protocols" than Victoria and NSW?

I haven't checked all the states.  The pattern seems to be Vic and NSW act in lock-step re covid rules then other east coast states gradually follow.

Gil has said the game will go on and clubs use top players if necessary.  He has walked this talk when Eagles couldn't field an AFL team.

Yes, WA will and have had lost more players to covid protocols.

I assume that if there is an east coast player who is a close contact and his team play interstate the player will have to follow its iso rules.  Other than that most teams will only lose a player when he tests positive.

Edited by Lucifers Hero

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Poor BBB a few weeks too late for him, ended up missing 3 games when you facture in his suspension. 

• 2 weeks later...

It appears Freo may have a few players in covid protocols:

"It’ll be a nervous week at Fremantle after its big win over Geelong. Rory Lobb, Blake Acres and Travis Colyer are believed to be isolating, ruling them out against the Roos, although the club is yet to confirm anything. Michael Frederick, Griffin Logue and Lloyd Meek were all notable absentees at training on Tuesday as the club waits on more test results...while Hayden Young and Heath Chapman will be eligible to return from their isolation periods".

Lucky for them they are playing North this week. 

Given the first Freo covid HS protocol case was reported on Monday and they played Geelong on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if cases turn up at the Cats, unless the Freo guys are only 'close contacts' (by WA rules) which would seem long odds. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero

I love how Whately has said that the Freos position is compromised due to 6 players out with COVID and playing the bottom team whilst he was completely mute on our position entering the Hawthorn game.

In fact nobody has really acknowledged what we were able to do. All I have heard is we look a bit off. FFS. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1