Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Those who left on bad terms...

Supreme_Demon

I somewhat forget if they were particularly bad terms that he left on, but was great to see Shane Woewoden in the rooms after our win.  Not only that, but that he had his 2000 GF jumper on, was a nice touch I thought.

I'm a bit of a tragic sentimentalist when it comes to things like this, but I do like the thought of Woewy Jnr pulling on the jumper for us as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassiew said:

Neeld had no choice. One name comes to mind is Derryn Hinch.

I’d like to think of “supporters” who left the club for other clubs because they were tired of losing are embarrassed now (a guy I went to school with comes to mind.) I do remember a troll post about after we had a bad year some guy on Facebook came in and declared that after that game he was no longer a supporter of demons after 40+ years and now was a paid up member of Essendon. I doubt it was real though. How can you change a team to another and already be passionate enough about them to sign as a member after a game?

There was a guy on here who apparently quit the MFC and signed as a Richmond member, all because he copped a Demonland ban. Was one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in my time here:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

There was a guy on here who apparently quit the MFC and signed as a Richmond supporter because he copped a Demonland ban. Was one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in my time here:

Now … wasn’t that a time?

We’ve certainly had some bizarre activity searching for that elusive flag, but that surely takes the cake!

2 hours ago, Nasher said:

There was a guy on here who apparently quit the MFC and signed as a Richmond member, all because he copped a Demonland ban. Was one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in my time here:

It was weird that he would turn 180 degrees and pick another club.

That said, I would add however that there have been certain people over the journey who have become protected species because of ‘freeze peach’ or because ‘they just love the club so much, dagnabbit!’ while others have gotten holidays for less or for being provoked into reactions that have seen them banned.

Not that I’d change clubs over it. Just a point I thought I’d raise. ☺️

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

4 hours ago, Cassiew said:

Neeld had no choice. One name comes to mind is Derryn Hinch.

I’d like to think of “supporters” who left the club for other clubs because they were tired of losing are embarrassed now (a guy I went to school with comes to mind.) I do remember a troll post about after we had a bad year some guy on Facebook came in and declared that after that game he was no longer a supporter of demons after 40+ years and now was a paid up member of Essendon. I doubt it was real though. How can you change a team to another and already be passionate enough about them to sign as a member after a game?

I have always said than an adult who changes his/her sporting allegiance without a bloody good reason indicates bad character. And we know there are quite a few people around with bad character. Implies untrustworthiness, opportunism, disloyalty, shallowness and unfaithfulness. 

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I somewhat forget if they were particularly bad terms that he left on, but was great to see Shane Woewoden in the rooms after our win.  Not only that, but that he had his 2000 GF jumper on, was a nice touch I thought.

I'm a bit of a tragic sentimentalist when it comes to things like this, but I do like the thought of Woewy Jnr pulling on the jumper for us as well.

I remember after Collingwood dumped him he expressed interest in returning. But to be fair he did burn the bridges behind him. I think he transferred his angry to Pies as they dumped him because they didn’t want him. Ours was we couldn’t afford him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Now … wasn’t that a time?

We’ve certainly had some bizarre activity searching for that elusive flag, but that surely takes the cake!

My fiancé at one stage was insistent that I “had to change” and that any kids we were ever to have would be going for Essendon. Wouldn’t even accept a compromise in that they could chose their own. Now I’m not saying that’s the reason we broke up, but it was part of his controlling behaviour that led to our breakup .

Still, what a tool. Changing teams just because you’ve been banned here. Petty

Edited by Cassiew
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 58er said:

Really who gives a toss what some EX Demons think

Most will  be  glad and many overjoyed and the odd one bearing a grudge may not have those feelings. Largely snd almost  universally our Flag triumph has been wonderfully received by the Footy World  and neutral fans very congratulatory. I received many good luck messages and also congrats from friends and acquaintances which I replied to and cherished.

In Perth for the game the same attitude was both heartening and warm from Freo especially and Eagles fans who embraced the whole game and build up and hold over the City for about a fortnight.

I also believe our balanced snd mature celebrations have resulted in a hugely respected response and also an admission given the result and the margin we thoroughly deserved our triumph as the undoubted best team in the AFL in 2021.

Its also a very important factor to success and in developing our response for 2022 and beyond. 

Nailed it 58er

Today's Age had an interesting article on what each team needs to do to improve in 2022. The Dees need to remain selfless, and thats about it.

They noted the 3rd quarter was the greatest third quarter in the history of the Grand Final.

Many non-dees have said the same to me and a Pies tragic said it was one of the most enjoyable games he'd seen. 

Very, very few will have sour grapes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

He has a point. Dealing with Rhino Richards at the time would have made me change teams.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Nailed it 58er

Today's Age had an interesting article on what each team needs to do to improve in 2022. The Dees need to remain selfless, and thats about it.

They noted the 3rd quarter was the greatest third quarter in the history of the Grand Final.

Many non-dees have said the same to me and a Pies tragic said it was one of the most enjoyable games he'd seen. 

Very, very few will have sour grapes.

Bring on 2022 after the players have earnt their holidays.

looking forward to Dec 5th as a fitting celebration "like no other " for all the faithful who deserve nothing less. 

Go you magnificent Dees !! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Any report from Campbell Brown  is to be laughed at fir truth and accuracy.

His only ( and only) excuse us that he is the son of that former [censored] Mal Brown!!

He is just as scary and punch drunk as his father. Eho would employ him eith his record and family geniality history!!! 

• Like 1

Adem Yze was definitely annoyed when he was 'retired', firmly believing he had more left to give.

I believe he was pretty chipper on the night, though!

Generally I've got the impression that the club has made quite a bit of effort to reconnect in recent times with a message that this has been a long journey and those who kept us going at the hardest moments are a part of this victory.

Not to be underestimated how much Nathan Jones' situation has compelled people to recognise that not everyone who got us to this point got to stand on the podium.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Adem Yze was definitely annoyed when he was 'retired', firmly believing he had more left to give.

There’s an entire generation of mid ‘00s players angry at how they were finished up. We have thankfully made amends with most of them.

Our treatment of retiring veterans improved exponentially starting with Flash. He was clearly struggling at the end of ‘13 but instead of getting the Junior treatment (i.e. allegedly being told on a plane ride back from Adelaide that the next week would be his last game), they say down and were honest in that he’d find it tough to break into the first 22 consistently or at all, but helped him map his life beyond football. Daniel Cross was very similar as well.

The deez days sounds like another troll. Doesn’t sound sincere. Think he was just trying to get some sympathy or someone to apologise to him. Does anyone know him personally? I wonder how he feels now?

That thread needs a serious bump 

Moved on (delisted, let go, sacked) or moving on (need a fresh start) who knows for sure? Depends on the individual

If a person involved at the club understands the pitfalls going in and knows how to deal with that, there shouldn't be any issues

But when ambitions & dreams are cut short, grudges can sometimes be held.  Or, over time, people get over it

There'd be quite a few of that ilk ... former board members and administators,  numerous former players & FD personnel.  Nose out of joint at the time with a few but time heals

Most would be happy to see the club break through as their previous connection to the club was often a very big part of their lives

I apologise for bringing up such a negative topic.

I guess I am still very angry at Brock McLean. He used to be one of my favourite players at the Demons. The whole situation was disastrous for our Club. It was such a horrible time for the Club and all of us as passionate Melbourne Demons members and supporters.

In the end, there will always be those who have unpleasant "break ups" thoughout life. Whether it be personal relationships or work or whatever.

The positive is that it is all in the past now. Some can forgive and forget and some cannot. Obviously depending upon the circumstances.

I definitely feel a massive burden has been lifted from us now that we have broken our Premiership drought after 57 very long years.

We can now look ahead to a positive future for our beloved Melbourne Demons.

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

The deez days sounds like another troll. Doesn’t sound sincere. Think he was just trying to get some sympathy or someone to apologise to him. Does anyone know him personally? I wonder how he feels now?

That thread needs a serious bump 

He watched his new team win 3 premierships. 

The club was very badly run for a long time. There must be plenty of people with legitimate grievances out there. Junior is an obvious example. But the grudge is against the people who treated you badly not the club itself. 99% of people can tell the difference and I think that’s why there was an almost universal outpouring of joy from past players when we won.

We all love the club but not necessarily the people who have been involved with the club

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, The Riv said:

He watched his new team win 3 premierships. 

Yeah. It now the team he abandoned them for has finally come through. Does he feel sad he can’t enjoy their new glory? Does the premierships he saw Richmond win feel like false pride? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Riv said:

He has a point. Dealing with Rhino Richards at the time would have made me change teams.

Interesting comment given you’ve been registered for less than a month and it’s been years since RR was a moderator.

He had a pretty prickly personality no doubt, but he also dealt with a LOT of shit. For every time he might have acted harshly, there were 10 funkwits who repeatedly broke the rules and then cried foul when they got given the boot; the ragequitter in question was most definitely one of these. Unless you were staff at the time, you don’t know. My skin turned to teflon years ago when it comes to criticism of our moderation. People see 1/100th of the picture and think they know. They don’t.

By the way, RR is still about, he just doesn’t post. I respect his contribution to the site, and I think it’s a pity others don’t.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Interesting comment given you’ve been registered for less than a month and it’s been years since RR was a moderator.

He had a pretty prickly personality no doubt, but he also dealt with a LOT of [censored]. For every time he might have acted harshly, there were 10 funkwits who repeatedly broke the rules and then cried foul when they got given the boot. Unless you were staff at the time, you don’t know. My skin turned to teflon years ago when it comes to criticism of our moderation. People see 1/100th of the picture and think they know. They don’t.

By the way, RR is still about, he just doesn’t post. I respect his contribution to the site, and I think it’s a pity others don’t.

Arhhh the good old days !!!’

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Arhhh the good old days !!!’

You set some fairly profound standards.

For that we are eternally ungrateful.

• Like 1