Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Extended contract for Simon Goodwin?

Supreme_Demon

Some further good news!

Simon Goodwin to be offered a new contract extension to continue as coach of the Melbourne Football Club.

As a Premiership coach Simon now holds the upper hand in any contract negotiations. I suspect he will be offered either a 3 to 5 year contract extension by the Melbourne Football Club.

Fingers crossed we get a few more Premierships at the Demons while he is coach!

Here is the article about it: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/afl-fixture-2022-melbourne-primed-for-marquee-time-slots/news-story/3b110fb7514add22a86b6b7d4a79d033

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

He has helped to achieve our Ultimate goal and delivered Premiership Glory for the MFC, I am sure that the club will adequately Reward our first premiership coach since the late and great Norm Smith. Simon and this team are on hallowed turf like no other team in the past 57 years.💕❤️💙

Edited by DeeZone
Left out the Hearts.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

"4 more years, 4 more years..." I'm not sure why, but something worries me about this chant.

But 4 extra years takes him to the probable end for Max and May, in pole position for a reset with a newish group. Sign him up.

• Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

"4 more years, 4 more years..." I'm not sure why, but something worries me about this chant.

But 4 extra years takes him to the probable end for Max and May, in pole position for a reset with a newish group. Sign him up.

It originated during the 1972 US presidential campaign during Richard Nixon campaign rallies.

Judged on what ended up happening with him, your trepidation is entirely logical. 

That said, I think 3 years on top of next year is richly deserved. Goody now has plenty of credits in the bank for mine.

Has shown humility in acknowledging the contributions of many others to our success and an ability to re-invent himself after the disaster of 2019. Also it’s obvious the players love him as evidenced by the re-signing of our stars. So, I wouldn’t be unhappy if the CLub go for a long term contract. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Has shown humility in acknowledging the contributions of many others to our success and an ability to re-invent himself after the disasterous injuries of 2019. Also it’s obvious the players love him as evidenced by the re-signing of our stars. So, I wouldn’t be unhappy if the CLub go for a long term contract. 

Fixed it for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Give him what he wants. He has given us a flag and has the squad absolutely perfectly positioned for more success. 

a fabulous coach and well respected man. 

You don't sell the near term future while on the turps during a celebration.

I think a 3 year extension is more than fair. Means he has 4 more years with this list to make a real legacy for himself and the club.

We can always offer another extension if he takes us to another cup next year.

• Thinking 2

4 minutes ago, faultydet said:

I think a 3 year extension is more than fair. Means he has 4 more years with this list to make a real legacy for himself and the club.

Haha.  Still not convinced mate?

sell the near term future? He is the near term future. Get on board

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, faultydet said:

I semi agree with you and then I think; Chris Scott was gifted a Premiership in his first year. Goody has earned his and if we trust him for another 5,  I would think that might even be astute.

Yes, yes, the above could be interpreted as another 5 flags! Think big I say!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Personally ,

I’ve had enough of his excuses.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Haha.  Still not convinced mate?

sell the near term future? He is the near term future. Get on board

Convinced enough to think he is worth a 3 year extension beyond the coming year he already has. Things can change fast in this game. And as I said, if he gets us another flag next year we can always extend again.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

16 hours ago, Chook said:

Hope he's the right guy.  😬

Be careful. That thread is like Beetlejuice or the Candyman. Say it's name three times, and it emerges to bring horror into your life.

I'm intrigued as to how these contract negotiations would pan out.  On the one hand as a first time coach (with no proven track record until now) he wouldn't have been paid much comparatively to a number of coaches - so to an extent this is the time for him to cash in (and deservedly so)!

On the other hand, he has a list that if things go the right way could propel him into the list of great coaches if he's able to drive the team to more success.  But surely taking more $$ means less in the soft cap which (most likely) means its going to diminish the support that he (and any coach) would need.  I guess the departure of Burgo will free up a bit of coin in the soft cap?

The way everything has been handled at the club off-field in recent times (last 5+ years), I'm confident he and the club will find the right balance.

I'm just thankful that everyone I've heard interviewed - Gawn, Trac, Burgo, Jennings etc have said that Goody is one of the most selfless ppl they know.

• Like 6

I wouldn't be surprised if the Melbourne Football Club offered him a 5 year contract.

Simon Goodwin played a pivotal role in breaking our 57 year drought. We cannot forget this! Especially, when many of us have suffered through many many years of heartache and disappointment. It is time to cash in with sustained success a fresh batch of Premiership Cups to go into the cabinet at the Melbourne Football Club.

The world is Simon Goodwin's oyster now. Many of us, if we were allowed to do so, would want to give Simon a massive hug and say thank you for what he has done to bring joy to our lives as Demons supporters.

We also need to be mindful that if we don't lock in Simon with a long term contract that the Crows or even Port Power might come sniffing around wanting to snatch him away to help their own teams in South Australia.

Let's give Simon as Demons coach the best opportunity to bring about a new Demons Dynasty that will rival the one we had in the 1950s and early 1960s.

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The more you hear about this year and the the hub last year, the more I think that while Williams and Yze brought incremental improvements - the flag was birthed out of the guidance and drive of Goodwin with the support of his leaders on the field. 

He should be rewarded as much as we can within the soft cap allowances. Or pay the luxury tax - we can probably afford it.

• Like 8