Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

3 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Freo have six players likely to ask for a trade:  Lobb, Logue, Henry, Acres, Meek and maybe Tucker. 

At least a few of those are because Freo have made low ball offers, they slide down the order and uncertainty around their role if Jackson arrives.

If Freo lose most of those players and don't get Jackson it leaves them in a bit of a mess with their list and perhaps player trust in future.

G. Lyon hit the issue last night - Freo paying a $million a year for a "..role player...", which is what Luke is.

He's the Mark Blicavs of the Dees this year. and will be for his next team. 

On a million???  Good luck with team unity if that happens.

No way is he worth more that Clarry, Trac,... etc 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, grazman said:

I don't have any ill will for Jacko.  It's an industry and we can't have our cake and eat it too. 

Others will disagree, but I'd be happy to trade him for Grundy, Meek and Henry.   

I definitely have no ill will.  Not sure if you saw my post a few above yours.:

I genuinely hope that wherever Jackson goes his career potential is fulfilled.  I respect him for not having said a word publicly.  He let the media hype swirl around.  Could not have been easy to be unaffected by it.  I'm disappointed to lose him but if he is always pining to be elsewhere then its ok to go and I'm excited about the multiple players we will get in return via trade or draft. 

Our list needs a refresh and this might be our best chance for that in the next 4-5 years.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

All I can say is, I’m extremely disappointed in Jackson. We gave him the world, including a Rising Star, the best mentor in the game, oh yeah and a Flag! 
Some will say nobody can resist the money, but I believe he would be getting very well paid no matter where he goes. Some will say the pull of family is too strong, but ffs he’s a 4 hour flight away from mum and dad. He’s 20 and has a whole life living next to family ahead of him. 
Choosing to leave is a poor decision that reeks of no mental fortitude or gratitude for what he has received from our club. 
No support from me and I won’t wish him well. 

Interesting.

How do you feel about Lever ? I'm sure you loved that he came to us.

And what do you know about Luke's situation. Nothing I imagine. 

Supporters get way too caught up in emotionality about an individual they know nothing about.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

G. Lyon hit the issue last night - Freo paying a $million a year for a "..role player...", which is what Luke is.

He's the Mark Blicavs of the Dees this year. and will be for his next team. 

On a million???  Good luck with team unity if that happens.

No way is he worth more that Clarry, Trac,... etc 

This 'Blicavs' comment is underselling how good he (Blicavs) is. He's been AA in 3 different positions.

It also confirms that the industry doesn't think Jacko is a ruckman long term nor a forward

Edited by BW511
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I definitely have no ill will.  

Sorry Luci,  while I was replying to you, my comment was in relation to others and not to you... poor forum ettiquette on my behalf.

I was quoting the part of your post that indicated the recruiting opportunities that seem to have opened up at Freo with Jackson's imminent arrival.   For a side that has made the finals for the first time in a decade they are certainly shaking the tree pretty hard. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

All I can say is, I’m extremely disappointed in Jackson. We gave him the world, including a Rising Star, the best mentor in the game, oh yeah and a Flag! 
Some will say nobody can resist the money, but I believe he would be getting very well paid no matter where he goes. Some will say the pull of family is too strong, but ffs he’s a 4 hour flight away from mum and dad. He’s 20 and has a whole life living next to family ahead of him. 
Choosing to leave is a poor decision that reeks of no mental fortitude or gratitude for what he has received from our club. 

You and I both had the view that Hogan's decision to return home from the standpoint of a 'career move' was a terrible one and this one feels similar in a lot of ways to me. When you take everything into account: List, mentoring, successful culture, potential to grow as a person, money (although not as much but still decent) the total package of staying far outweighs the prospect of going home. 

He is not a bad person for wanting to go back but I really hope he doesn't live to regret the decision. Maybe the whole COVID thing means that the go home factor is more prevalent now, and everything feels further away now. I don't know.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

30 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Footballers don't live in the real world.  Who leaves work for a go home factor in real life?  not me, I moved 10 times around the country for work and have never "gone back home". Its not normal for mature professiosnal like me - and Luke if he was one. Hardly anyone. its actually sort of pathetic and shows a lack of reality for the rest of the population.

You can be disappointed we're losing a talented player without having personal cracks at someone you've never met and know nothing about. These comments are just so poor.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Interesting.

How do you feel about Lever ? I'm sure you loved that he came to us.

And what do you know about Luke's situation. Nothing I imagine. 

Supporters get way too caught up in emotionality about an individual they know nothing about.

Maybe JG, but Lever also ended up leaving a tire fire of a situation in Adelaide and was bullied for his troubles. Not saying he would have stayed if the Collective Minds thing didn't happen but there's more chance of bad happening than good in that situation.

Luke is allowed to do as he sees fit, that's his choice. Personally I think a better career move would be to stay a few more seasons then consider returning rather than at 20 but as you say that is an outside opinion with no knowledge of the situation. 

• Like 2

Just because I don’t wish Jackson well in his career, doesn’t mean I don’t wish him well in his personal life, or appreciate what he did for us while in red and blue. 

As a supporter I have every right to feel disappointed and pass judgement on what I feel is a poor career move, which I also feel is a soft decision in what is a short career (compared to most careers anyway). 

I will be delighted if he stayed, but I think the circus around his decision was a major distraction this year and I’m really disappointed that he wasn’t clear on his intention last year when we had Cerra wanting to come to us! Now we will likely get screwed over as Freo don’t have a great trade hand and they’ve signed most of their best players. 

Edit: please don’t compare Jackson to Lever. Adelaide was a dumpster fire post camp. Lever had a serious partner (now wife and mother of his children), and obviously had intentions to raise his kids near family. Jackson is leaving the reigning premiers, and is 20 without a partner or kids to consider. 
The two situations are completely different. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Colm said:

Would people be happy for the following trade to happen?!

West Coast get Jackson and our pick 34

We get pick 2 and 26

We get Cadman and give pies 26 for Grundy

I thought the same, except we get pick 20 & trade it, instead of pick 26. And yes, I would be very happy!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

For fans it’s emotional but for players and clubs it’s business. Dogga wants to change employer. Reckon we’ve all done that in the past. He’s conducted himself properly this year and it seems by nominating WA rather than just freo that he wants to do the right thing by us.  That’s fair enough and as much as we’re entitled to from him I reckon.

let’s get the best deal we can and move on

• Like 8

I also want to add that I think as a club we’ve handled the situation extremely respectfully. 
We had every right to demand answers and put public pressure on Jackson. We invested heavily in him and have never done anything other than help his career. In fact he was getting ruck time ahead of the best ruckman in the game right up until the end of the season.

I am proud of how we’ve handled the situation and I hope Jackson appreciates it and repays the favour by agreeing to go to whichever WA club can strike the best deal, without the threat of the PSD and without demanding he only go to Freo. 

Home is WA. Home is not the Fremantle Football Club. If he nominates Freo, it’ll prove to me that this move is about much more than simple home sickness. 

• Like 8

Kane Cornes mentioned rumours about  Pickett , that he might also be seeking a way out of MFC. The words he used were something like “ he doesn’t see his long term future at Melbourne “ . Anyone know anything about that? I’ve no idea of KP’s contract status. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Edit: please don’t compare Jackson to Lever. Adelaide was a dumpster fire post camp. Lever had a serious partner (now wife and mother of his children), and obviously had intentions to raise his kids near family. Jackson is leaving the reigning premiers, and is 20 without a partner or kids to consider. 
The two situations are completely different. 

They're comparable simply because you nor I have any idea about their personal situations, so what's the point of saying things like "no support from me, I won't wish him well"?

After Jake had left, it came out that a parent and grandparent were unwell, (happy to be corrected on that) and Tex ended up apologising for his childish beratement. 

It's just silly to assume he's going home for reasons that only you can think of.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

They're comparable simply because you nor I have any idea about their personal situations, so what's the point of saying things like "no support from me, I won't wish him well"?

After Jake had left, it came out that a parent and grandparent were unwell, (happy to be corrected on that) and Tex ended up apologising for his childish beratement. 

It's just silly to assume he's going home for reasons that only you can think of.

You are right, I have no idea what his situation is, but I think if there were greater issues going on with family, we would have supported him and given him leave as we did with Kosi when his mum died. We have shown over and over again that we are a family club and that we support our players when they need it. 

Like I said, if he is truly home sick and has valid reasons to go home, then so be it. He should nominate WA as his home, NOT the Fremantle Football Club. I hope that is the case and I hope it is a win win situation.

Doesn't mean I want to see Jackson go on to become the best player in the competition. I have no interest in helping other teams get better. Do you?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, London Demon said:

Kane Cornes mentioned rumours about  Pickett , that he might also be seeking a way out of MFC. The words he used were something like “ he doesn’t see his long term future at Melbourne “ . Anyone know anything about that? I’ve no idea of KP’s contract status. 

From what I can glean, Cornes started the rumour and is now mentioning the rumour. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Personally, I think any player or coach who has helped me have a sliver of sporting joy in my life by winning a premiership can do whatever the [censored] they want without any grievance...

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, layzie said:

You and I both had the view that Hogan's decision to return home from the standpoint of a 'career move' was a terrible one and this one feels similar in a lot of ways to me. When you take everything into account: List, mentoring, successful culture, potential to grow as a person, money (although not as much but still decent) the total package of staying far outweighs the prospect of going home. 

He is not a bad person for wanting to go back but I really hope he doesn't live to regret the decision. Maybe the whole COVID thing means that the go home factor is more prevalent now, and everything feels further away now. I don't know.

He always idolised Natanui and plays like him, dont count out West Coast!

• Like 1