Jump to content

  • Podcast:  

  • Podcast: 2022 Season Review & Trade Wrap 

Farewell Luke Jackson


Lucifers Hero

Recommended Posts

It could be a nice touch if we announce his contract extension in late July, just a few days before we play Freo in Perth.:cool:

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

Nothing to be ahead of. There’s been talks since the GF about it. Much like Petraccas extension last year. Almost exactly the same. Gus will stay, Jackson is still making up his mind but his manager will be in Melbourne next week.

How do you know LJ is still  undecided.  Inside source? It seems ridiculously drawn out. Surely he' made up his mind and simply a matter of the money pool with the other players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

Nothing to be ahead of. There’s been talks since the GF about it. Much like Petraccas extension last year. Almost exactly the same. Gus will stay, Jackson is still making up his mind but his manager will be in Melbourne next week.

Well done on the Clayon Oliver call mate!

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, drysdale demon said:

I'm disappointed that there hasn't been a comment on Jackson leaving in the last 15 minutes.

 

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Sorry I was a few minutes late.

One thing we know for sure any player that re signs with his club including LJ and Gus if they do, will use the same old line” I was never leaving, I love the boys and the club”.

You are going to get docked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, deebunked said:

How do you know LJ is still  undecided.  Inside source? It seems ridiculously drawn out. Surely he' made up his mind and simply a matter of the money pool with the other players.

Holding off right now isn't a bad thing for him as with Gawn out, it's the first time we really get to see what he can do as the number 1 man.  

If he turns it on, he might jag another 10% on his Demons offer - enough for a deposit on another house or two over the next couple seasons and set himself up life.  It might also add a year or bigger increase in $$ to the external offer as everyone finally gets to see him in action full time in the midfield other than the glimpses we catch when Gawn is on the pine/resting up forward.

If he struggled then it would be fine anyways as it would be highly unlikely we/others would reduce the offers made.

Sadly, he holds all the cards right now as if he wants to go, we'd be supportive as that's what good clubs do these days.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

Nothing to be ahead of. There’s been talks since the GF about it. Much like Petraccas extension last year. Almost exactly the same. Gus will stay, Jackson is still making up his mind but his manager will be in Melbourne next week.

Nailed it again..

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe the Oliver signing now means that Jackson will probably leave. Money. Hmmmm. Just putting this out there and I  certainly hope it doesn't happen. We need to keep Jackson.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m getting vibrations that the LJ issue is feeling a bit like Hoges.

“We want you to stay sure”……….but in the back room dealings,……..”what can we trade him for”.

Somebody has to walk the plank voluntarily or be pushed out, surely it’s not going to be Brayshaw or Harmesy.

 

  • Facepalm 2
  • Shocked 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Maybe the Oliver signing now means that Jackson will probably leave. Money. Hmmmm. Just putting this out there and I  certainly hope it doesn't happen. We need to keep Jackson.

Maybe it is the trigger that sets up the signings for Jackson and Brayshaw.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, deebunked said:

How do you know LJ is still  undecided.  Inside source? It seems ridiculously drawn out. Surely he' made up his mind and simply a matter of the money pool with the other players.

It’s a big decision for a 21 year old with the world at his feet. His decision has nothing to do with money. It’s going back to his family or staying at the Dees. It’s as simple as that. He’s torn, but loves the club, loves the boys and the club feel the same way about him. I THINK he will eventually sign, but a young guy offered a stupid amount of money to go back to his home state will obviously take time to make the best call for him and that’s his management and Melbourne are encouraging. There’s no pressure, yet. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am 100% confident of one thing 

This thread is easily going to make 100 pages before we know what LJ has decided 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems Brayshaw will stay but Jackson will seek to have back west. 

Freo won’t give up Brayshaw, who may win the Brownlow and is their next captain. If forced, I’d take Young or Serong and a first rounder for Jackson.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Maybe it is the trigger that sets up the signings for Jackson and Brayshaw.

That is possible as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Seems Brayshaw will stay but Jackson will seek to have back west. 

Freo won’t give up Brayshaw, who may win the Brownlow and is their next captain. If forced, I’d take Young or Serong and a first rounder for Jackson.

Serong would be the one. Hayden Young is signed up until 2027

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I agree.

As a middle aged man, what I’m about to say is completely pathetic, but I watch how enthusiastically these kids sing the club song each week - in particular Luke Jackson (and also Clayton Oliver) - and, in my observation, Luke seems to be right into the club and his teammates.

Unless he’s a complete sociopath (which I don’t believe he is) and the money’s commensurate (which I expect it will be), I just can’t see him leaving.

As an aside, now that Clarry has signed a 7 year extension, I won’t ever watch his enthusiasm when singing the club song ever again. Certainly not for another 6 years at least. I now have other targets.

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I agree.

As a middle aged man, what I’m about to say is completely pathetic, but I watch how enthusiastically these kids sing the club song each week - in particular Luke Jackson (and also Clayton Oliver) - and, in my observation, Luke seems to be right into the club and his teammates.

Unless he’s a complete sociopath (which I don’t believe he is) and the money’s commensurate (which I expect it will be), I just can’t see him leaving.

As an aside, now that Clarry has signed a 7 year extension, I won’t ever watch his enthusiasm when singing the club song ever again. Certainly not for another 6 years at least. I now have other targets.

 

I also find it weird that he’s seriously thinking about leaving but his socials are always covered in Melbourne news, he’s playing his heart out, celebrating with passion and seems really engaged in the club. 
 

I am sure if he does leave it will be with a very heavy heart. There is nothing to suggest he will love Freo or West Coast the way he loves Melbourne. Leaving a fantastic work place is a big big risk, because they are far and few between. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I also find it weird that he’s seriously thinking about leaving but his socials are always covered in Melbourne news, he’s playing his heart out, celebrating with passion and seems really engaged in the club. 
 

I am sure if he does leave it will be with a very heavy heart. There is nothing to suggest he will love Freo or West Coast the way he loves Melbourne. Leaving a fantastic work place is a big big risk, because they are far and few between. 

Player agents.

They love to muck stuff up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I also find it weird that he’s seriously thinking about leaving but his socials are always covered in Melbourne news, he’s playing his heart out, celebrating with passion and seems really engaged in the club. 
 

I am sure if he does leave it will be with a very heavy heart. There is nothing to suggest he will love Freo or West Coast the way he loves Melbourne. Leaving a fantastic work place is a big big risk, because they are far and few between. 

Very true. There is no guarantee he will gel with the team as he has with MFC - unlikely - but the culture is an unknown as all the dirty secrets and detractions will not be on show when he meets with WCE or Freo officials.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dl4e said:

Maybe the Oliver signing now means that Jackson will probably leave. Money. Hmmmm. Just putting this out there and I  certainly hope it doesn't happen. We need to keep Jackson.

Why?

List mgt is across the club as a whole and do you thinl the Boatd will approve a deal overpaying oliver and not leaving enough for others.

That's the path to mediocrity.

We dont know the money clarry is on nor the contract payment timing. Neither does the media.

Why won't the club and team take collectively less for the sake of a once in a lifetime dynasty? . A la the Cats.

I think they will. Luke included. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 12345_54321 said:

It’s a big decision for a 21 year old with the world at his feet. His decision has nothing to do with money. It’s going back to his family or staying at the Dees. It’s as simple as that. He’s torn, but loves the club, loves the boys and the club feel the same way about him. I THINK he will eventually sign, but a young guy offered a stupid amount of money to go back to his home state will obviously take time to make the best call for him and that’s his management and Melbourne are encouraging. There’s no pressure, yet. 

so why not sign a 3 year deal with MFC on good money and look to the bigger money in future he is only 21 plenty of time

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to Luke Jackson Has Requested a Trade Home
  • Whispering_Jack changed the title to Is Jackson worth the money?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LIVE IN THE MOMENT by Meggs

    The final home and away match of Season 7, sees the mighty Dees at Fortress Casey hosting the 16th placed West Coast.     A win assures the Dees of a Top-2 finish, with the ultimate placings dependent upon the previous night’s result between Brisbane and Collingwood and the relative percentages.   As our match is anticipated to be one-sided, interest may turn to monitoring the live ladder to see whether or not Melbourne has secured the minor premiership.     The Demons (Lions and Cro

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BOMBED by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne has all but assured itself of a top two finish to the (second) 2022 AFLW season after crushing Essendon by 41 points on Sunday. It now holds a four point lead over third placed Adelaide along with a handy percentage advantage with one round remaining before the finals. The Demons opened kicking with the advantage of the squally wind that often prevails at Casey Fields and for the third week in a row, they kept their opponents scoreless in the opening term. Speedster Alyssa Ba

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...