Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


Dees win $1million McClelland Trophy


Big Col

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i notice the nrl-w play at the same time as the men. they do have less teams and a shorter season though ... just saying

If they can have a full length season, then that would be a good thing.  Bear in mind also, NRLW started after AFLW, we didn't have all 18 teams in until last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i notice the nrl-w play at the same time as the men. they do have less teams and a shorter season though ... just saying

I think the AFLW season needs to start mid-year, ideally during the AFL bye rounds, then run for 17 weeks + finals, such that we get to the grand final by end of October.

The benefits would include:

  • for at least part of the season you run alongside the VFLW comp, so players outside the 21 can play a game each week.
  • you make the most of quiet periods in the AFL season around the bye weeks and post-GF to focus on AFLW.
  • as much as the AFL want otherwise, you don't have 12 months of constant football and there is clear downtime for fans. Clearly supporter fatigue is having an impact on crowd numbers.
  • in some markets double headers are an option, particularly where AFL games are scheduled for 1pm.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You’re right. And on that… 2,700 is so disappointing. We were disheartened to see so few fans turned up when we had guessed there’d be close to double that. We outnumbered North fans but even if there was 2,500 of us, that’s still a sad turnout. I don’t understand why people aren’t attending. 

The club needs to figure out why right now. It’s absolutely appalling for this team to not have the Demon faithful there. And I won’t listen to anymore excuses about ‘Cwasey is swo fwar awway’ - if you can’t make it to Princes Park for a short Saturday night. 

Forget the slightly down crowds for our underperforming and boring men’s team - this is is an absolute disgrace.

But maybe it’s the culture of the Dees fans; we don’t want to watch it? We don’t even let topics on the main board about the women’s team…

Maybe we just don’t give a [censored]?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, brendan said:

I think they made a mistake changing when the season starts should have left it as it was as everyone is itching for footy at the start of the year, not so much now 

I’d like to think people regard the W as more than just a scratch for that itch. But it’s the AFL who have made it this way. Two seasons in one year is ridiculous, especially for the players who have day jobs, ie. the majority of them. I don’t think the W will get the respect they so deserve until the AFL shows the respect. Not holding my breath. 🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, rpfc said:

The club needs to figure out why right now. It’s absolutely appalling for this team to not have the Demon faithful there. And I won’t listen to anymore excuses about ‘Cwasey is swo fwar awway’ - if you can’t make it to Princes Park for a short Saturday night. 

Forget the slightly down crowds for our underperforming and boring men’s team - this is is an absolute disgrace.

But maybe it’s the culture of the Dees fans; we don’t want to watch it? We don’t even let topics on the main board about the women’s team…

Maybe we just don’t give a [censored]?

I feel exactly the same way, and I ask the very same questions. It’s baffling. Membership is only $60pa and that’s entry to every game (incl. interstate), or single tickets are $10. Sure, there’s times we play in places like Frankston and of course Casey Fields, and while that’s not convenient for many, the quality of footy on display is well worth the effort to get there.

I get it that many found it unwatchable in the early seasons, but the skill level across the board has risen exponentially. This is some great footy we’re seeing now. In particular, our very own team who are red-hot.

We love to boast about our 70,000 members yet only a couple of thousand of us turned up at Ikon on a clement Saturday night. Shameful.

And there’s the whole GameDay thing too. Our home matches are so kid-friendly… bouncy castles, face-painting, table-tennis, and heaps of freebies… posters, flags, badges (the kids actually make their own badges - so much fun even for big kids like me 🤭). And if anyone wants their kids to be part of the Guard of Honour, hit up the DA or even just let me know and it’s done. And they get to keep the flag they’re waving.

The player engagement aspect is unbelievable. The girls spend so long at the boundary post match and they actually really love doing it. 

*Huge sigh* Anyways, I’m probs either preaching to the converted or flogging a dead horse. Or both.

PS I’m not above begging. 😁

  • Like 4
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I feel exactly the same way, and I ask the very same questions. It’s baffling. Membership is only $60pa and that’s entry to every game (incl. interstate), or single tickets are $10. Sure, there’s times we play in places like Frankston and of course Casey Fields, and while that’s not convenient for many, the quality of footy on display is well worth the effort to get there.

I get it that many found it unwatchable in the early seasons, but the skill level across the board has risen exponentially. This is some great footy we’re seeing now. In particular, our very own team who are red-hot.

We love to boast about our 70,000 members yet only a couple of thousand of us turned up at Ikon on a clement Saturday night. Shameful.

And there’s the whole GameDay thing too. Our home matches are so kid-friendly… bouncy castles, face-painting, table-tennis, and heaps of freebies… posters, flags, badges (the kids actually make their own badges - so much fun even for big kids like me 🤭). And if anyone wants their kids to be part of the Guard of Honour, hit up the DA or even just let me know and it’s done. And they get to keep the flag they’re waving.

The player engagement aspect is unbelievable. The girls spend so long at the boundary post match and they actually really love doing it. 

*Huge sigh* Anyways, I’m probs either preaching to the converted or flogging a dead horse. Or both.

PS I’m not above begging. 😁

Begging doesn’t become you WCW, and would certainly not be believable. I think you are more of a stick lady myself. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Begging doesn’t become you WCW, and would certainly not be believable. I think you are more of a stick lady myself. 

What’s a stick lady? Is it like I’m someone who would beat someone else with a stick?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What’s a stick lady? Is it like I’m someone who would beat someone else with a stick?

WCW, you were looking for ways to convince people to attend the AFLW. You suggested the begging approach. I offered that I thought the carrot and the stick approach would be more your style. Now obviously you cannot physically go beating DL's on the head with a stick, but you have been known to occasionally deliver a decent verbal beating on here when appropriate, and equally, a number of carrot offerings as well. Use what you do best - and that definitely aint begging. 

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

WCW, you were looking for ways to convince people to attend the AFLW. You suggested the begging approach. I offered that I thought the carrot and the stick approach would be more your style. Now obviously you cannot physically go beating DL's on the head with a stick, but you have been known to occasionally deliver a decent verbal beating on here when appropriate, and equally, a number of carrot offerings as well. Use what you do best - and that definitely aint begging. 

But beating DLs on the head with a stick sounds so much more fun! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2023 at 16:09, WalkingCivilWar said:

Totally agree with this. Most of the girls have day jobs, not because they want to but because they have to. If they didn’t have to work a day job there’d be so much more time to devote to all things footy, just as the boys do now. 

Firstly, all 18 clubs have begged the AFL to extend the W season to at least 17 rounds. No club wants a pitiful 10-round H&A season. But that’s a side point.

My main point is that the W play 10 rounds which is 43% of the 23 rounds played by the M. But they certainly aren’t getting paid 43% of what the M are paid.

Even if the $250,000 was split amongst the W players only, they still wouldn’t be anywhere near the rate of pay of the M. 

That only play mostly about 17/20 mins per quarter so equal pay is not in the agenda yet. 

Wait  till the the games are longer snd17 rounds till pripe

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I feel exactly the same way, and I ask the very same questions. It’s baffling. Membership is only $60pa and that’s entry to every game (incl. interstate), or single tickets are $10. Sure, there’s times we play in places like Frankston and of course Casey Fields, and while that’s not convenient for many, the quality of footy on display is well worth the effort to get there.

I get it that many found it unwatchable in the early seasons, but the skill level across the board has risen exponentially. This is some great footy we’re seeing now. In particular, our very own team who are red-hot.

We love to boast about our 70,000 members yet only a couple of thousand of us turned up at Ikon on a clement Saturday night. Shameful.

And there’s the whole GameDay thing too. Our home matches are so kid-friendly… bouncy castles, face-painting, table-tennis, and heaps of freebies… posters, flags, badges (the kids actually make their own badges - so much fun even for big kids like me 🤭). And if anyone wants their kids to be part of the Guard of Honour, hit up the DA or even just let me know and it’s done. And they get to keep the flag they’re waving.

The player engagement aspect is unbelievable. The girls spend so long at the boundary post match and they actually really love doing it. 

*Huge sigh* Anyways, I’m probs either preaching to the converted or flogging a dead horse. Or both.

PS I’m not above begging. 😁

I’ll be out at Casey on Saturday to cheer on the girls WCW. Love watching the women, and ours are the best in the competition in terms of ball movement. Not looking forward to the drive to Casey though, and understand why others wouldn’t want to go. It is a wasteland that is too far away. I will spend more time driving there and back than watching the match. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I’ll be out at Casey on Saturday to cheer on the girls WCW. Love watching the women, and ours are the best in the competition in terms of ball movement. Not looking forward to the drive to Casey though, and understand why others wouldn’t want to go. It is a wasteland that is too far away. I will spend more time driving there and back than watching the match. 

Glad you can make it on Saturday.  👍🏽
I reckon the only people who like games being played at Casey are those who live in the area. It’s out in the middle of nowhere. It’s not near the train station, you have to get a bus from the station to the ground and they don’t run often. The girls would much rather play at Ikon, and I’d say most supporters would agree. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Glad you can make it on Saturday.  👍🏽
I reckon the only people who like games being played at Casey are those who live in the area. It’s out in the middle of nowhere. It’s not near the train station, you have to get a bus from the station to the ground and they don’t run often. The girls would much rather play at Ikon, and I’d say most supporters would agree. 

Don’t know about that last line; rain, hail, shine, inner city location, whatever - Dees supporters are not showing up.

Haven’t met an excuse we haven’t loved us Dees fans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rpfc said:

Don’t know about that last line; rain, hail, shine, inner city location, whatever - Dees supporters are not showing up.

Haven’t met an excuse we haven’t loved us Dees fans.

Clearly we need to be creative with a supporters bus/es leaving MCG or Nearby for Casey. Give it a go and see the response. 

Having said that WCW most fans going to Casey would drive there. That’s obvious from our numbers. Another 500 went to the Adelaide match because of its prestige and rivalry. Very few would depend upon transport even locals.  That’s where a bus/es as a trial from the Club would be interesting. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rpfc said:

Don’t know about that last line; rain, hail, shine, inner city location, whatever - Dees supporters are not showing up.

Haven’t met an excuse we haven’t loved us Dees fans.

Pies don’t get more than 2/3,000 at Vic Park and 2,700 Tigers vs Dons attended the Dreamtime game last round.

We are not any different to most Clubs ( although we have a very watchable and high class team) for fans. 

It is a AFLW problem and KPI’s for games development are not being met nor are TV audiences. Until the AFL ramp up it’s considerable might and settle on a program of 17 rounds it will be considered as a minor diversion to the men’s no matter  how good the standard.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have said that AFLW was a defining cultural change and we have seen how bad we are at that. 

what was a grab for greater relevance by the AFL to attract a greater share of the market (females)  became a bit of a tsunami with free entry and family friendly additives. The standard with female bodies adapting to a sport designed for heavier stronger male bodies has been fantastic and as it has become more physical, mothers and women seem to have cooled in their support.

the sport does need to attract the cohorts female and families to grow their numbers and it needs females to engage with the game at the same vicarious level that AFL has achieved with the male game. Women need to talk of the women players around the water coolers and bbqs not the men players, steer the conversations about the game to women involvement, etc. In short a cultural change that needs support by women. Men have adopted the AFLW particularly fathers with daughters, taking their families to the games but in social contacts probably talk more of the males featured in the mainstream media.

It is a changing culture and it is happening  the AFL need to wary of the impact that Sam Kerr is having on its targetted market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of telling things, though:

In Round 1 our game against Collingwood was 8412, the highest crowd of any event held at IKON in 2023, as well as the second largest AFLW crowd this season.  Conversely, the Round 6 match between Carlton and Collingwood, two clubs with far higher memberships than Melbourne, attracted just 3111, and they didn't have AFL finals to compete with.  I know the crowd of 2704 last week is disappointing, but let's not forget it was the second highest crowd of the round.  I don't think the problem of low attendances is exclusive to Melbourne.

Edited by Katrina Dee Fan
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


35 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

A couple of telling things, though:

In Round 1 our game against Collingwood was 8412, the highest crowd of any event held at IKON in 2023, as well as the second largest AFLW crowd this season.  Conversely, the Round 6 match between Carlton and Collingwood, two clubs with far higher memberships than Melbourne, attracted just 3111, and they didn't have AFL finals to compete with.  I know the crowd of 2704 last week is disappointing, but let's not forget it was the second highest crowd of the round.  I don't think the problem of low attendances is exclusive to Melbourne.

I would have thought that a Saturday afternoon game would have been perfect to be held at Punt Rd Oval or Princes Park. I know we have this silly arrangement with Casey, which gains us little local support in the region, but it's time we started making our women's games accessible. I did not attend the night fixture at Ikon, as I find night games annoying. People have other things to do on a saturday night, and it eliminates many families. Saturday arvo is ideal, but not 45kms FROM the CBD 

Edited by Kick_It_To_Pickett
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I would have thought that a Saturday afternoon game would have been perfect to be held at Punt Rd Oval

Agree with the sentiment but Punt Road is the pits as a spectator. The space between the oval and the external fence is barely five metres in most parts of the ground. Coburg is a lovely ground for around 6k as is Port Melbourne. (Suspect they are given over to cricket at this time of year)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 58er said:

Clearly we need to be creative with a supporters bus/es leaving MCG or Nearby for Casey. Give it a go and see the response. 

Having said that WCW most fans going to Casey would drive there. That’s obvious from our numbers. Another 500 went to the Adelaide match because of its prestige and rivalry. Very few would depend upon transport even locals.  That’s where a bus/es as a trial from the Club would be interesting. 
 

That’s something they absolutely should do! Not sure if they still do it but they used to when the men play at Mordor (ie. every single bloody year). Special buses that carried passengers from the MCG and back again.

 I’m sadly anticipating a small crowd tomorrow. Vs Freo at Casey and apparently there’s replacement buses on several lines tomorrow, including the Cranbourne line. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, rpfc said:

Don’t know about that last line; rain, hail, shine, inner city location, whatever - Dees supporters are not showing up.

Haven’t met an excuse we haven’t loved us Dees fans.

Yeah, I guess I was referring to us supporters who do attend. But I’m sure we’d attract bigger crowds should all our home games be played at Princes Park. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The promotion, respect and money being up into the W by the AFL is disgraceful. You have to go out of your way to know a game is on so only rusted on fans are attending

There are still a large amount of men in high places in the AFL that couldn't give AF about it

  • Like 2
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dpositive said:

I have said that AFLW was a defining cultural change and we have seen how bad we are at that. 

what was a grab for greater relevance by the AFL to attract a greater share of the market (females)  became a bit of a tsunami with free entry and family friendly additives. The standard with female bodies adapting to a sport designed for heavier stronger male bodies has been fantastic and as it has become more physical, mothers and women seem to have cooled in their support.

the sport does need to attract the cohorts female and families to grow their numbers and it needs females to engage with the game at the same vicarious level that AFL has achieved with the male game. Women need to talk of the women players around the water coolers and bbqs not the men players, steer the conversations about the game to women involvement, etc. In short a cultural change that needs support by women. IMen have adopted the AFLW particularly fathers with daughters, taking their families to the games but in social contacts probably talk more of the males featured in the mainstream media.

It is a changing culture and it is happening  the AFL need to wary of the impact that Sam Kerr is having on its targetted market.

This is a confusing and vaguely sexist post.

I don't believe the AFL introduced AFLW to specifically grow female and family supporter numbers, they introduced it because there was a readiness in the game and to grow the entire support base.  AFL has always been well supported by women, men and families.

I can't agree with your assertion that  "Women need to talk of the women players around the water coolers and bbqs not the men players, steer the conversations about the game to women involvement, etc. In short a cultural change that needs support by women."

The game will be talked about by everyone and it's not women's obligation to focus entirely on AFLW. They can freely talk about both men's and women's football.

In my family we talk about the exploits of Petracca, Hanks, Kossie, Hore, Gawn and Bannan. It helps that we've got great teams in both competitions.

  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

A couple of telling things, though:

In Round 1 our game against Collingwood was 8412, the highest crowd of any event held at IKON in 2023, as well as the second largest AFLW crowd this season.  Conversely, the Round 6 match between Carlton and Collingwood, two clubs with far higher memberships than Melbourne, attracted just 3111, and they didn't have AFL finals to compete with.  I know the crowd of 2704 last week is disappointing, but let's not forget it was the second highest crowd of the round.  I don't think the problem of low attendances is exclusive to Melbourne.

Great point. And we're third in the league for average home game attendance, same as last year. The actual figure for attendance average per game has decreased by about 1,000 compared to last season, but those numbers last year were bolstered by a 17,000 attendance for the double header at the 'G. So I'd consider our crowd numbers as a supporter base (within the context of the league) to be quite solid this year.

But I get your perspective too, @WalkingCivilWar Dees AFLW fans are prominent in the fan space and striving really hard to push things along. As a competition leader, we want more. In memberships, we were 12th last year I think, so we definitely want to do better there.

17 minutes ago, old55 said:

I don't believe the AFL introduced AFLW to specifically grow female and family supporter numbers, they introduced it because there was a readiness in the game and to grow the entire support base.  AFL has always been well supported by women, men and families.

Agree completely. Women don't have an obligation to support women's footy, at least not to any greater extent than anyone else does. In fact, I'd say women in general have done a fair bit in that regard already, in battling for over a century for the right just to play.

A big part of it from an AFL perspective would (or should) be to gain ground in the most rapidly growing battle in the code wars, which is women's sports. And on that, they miss opportunities time and time again.

We've seen how cricket (T20 World Cup at the MCG in 2020) and soccer (World cup this year) have put on big marketing campaigns to drive attendance and break records, which has a significant flow-on effect. The AFLW GF might be in Melbourne for the first time since 2018 this year. Great opportunity for a similar campaign to break the AFLW attendance record, right? But no, the capacity for a Vic-based GF will be capped out at 12,000 at Princes Park. So...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    OOZEE by The Oracle

    There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points.  The man whose first name was often misspelled, soon changed to the number 13 and it turned out lucky for him. He became a highly revered Demon with a record of 271 games during which his presence was acknowledged by the fans with the chant of “Oozee” wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

    They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise.  Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers. They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise. 36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages. Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes. Bowey in a lime green cap (no contact), and in the sim

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 227

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 56

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 505

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 06

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 06 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 06

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 22

  • Training  

    Friday, 19th April 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin headed down to Gosch's Paddock today to bring you his observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 19

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 16

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 16

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 1-2 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 3 Weeks
    Christian Salem Hamstring 3-4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 4-5 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 9-11 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Max Gawn 67
    2 Christian Petracca 55
    3 Steven May 35
    4 Jack Viney 28
    5 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Trent Rivers 16
    9 Judd McVee 15
    10 Kade Chandler 14

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...