Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2022 Fixture - We are the Hard Draw!

DEE fence

2 hours ago, Baghdad Bob said:

My preferred option is to share the gate on both games.  To me, that's the fairest way.

Whilst its fair @Baghdad Bob, my capitalistic bent, feels it's really unfair to share the profits with minnow clubs like Collingwood and Richmond when they're secondary to the main entertainment package. :cool::cool::cool:

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

3. Return of the 2x NT Games given cancellations last year. One game v Port (Alice Springs) round 7 and v Freo (Darwin) round 11

Definitely not going to do 2x NT games or at least not one in Darwin. Those days are over. But since you bring it up I would love us to bring the premiership cup to the NT when we play our game next year. Give fans up there an opportunity to have photos taken with it and have it on display while at the game. 

The big thing that the club has done so well at lately is making every component of our club be recognised as a part of the success. That should 100% include the Northern Territory and their long time sponsorship of us. 

I’d personally request we play Brisbane there, generate some genuine interest in the game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Need an early home game against Essendon at the MCG.

It would be a big money earner to make up for our two blockbusters which I think are both away games

I'm not sure how the flag unfurling normally goes (having never been interested in one before), but I assume it will be first home game, possible versus the Doggies. If not, I so much want it to be versus the Cags or Bombers.

Cats - how many remember their players pretending to snooze rather than sing their club song after smashing us one day? 

Bombers - because of 2000. To watch their surly faces descend into despair while we sing our song: swweeeet!! And I hope the arrogant cheat James Hird is there to watch it. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Swooper1987 said:

Absolute lock we'll get North once in Tassie; Geelong twice with a trip to Kardinia Park; Eagles once only but in Perth.  Premiership or not, that is our lot in life!

It’s time that the likes of us, the dogs, north, and the saints really kick up about this. It’s time EVERY Victorian club got a trip down there regardless of size of the club. No team should be spared that trip. 

Really pisses me off. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I hope we get a home round 1 fixture on a beautiful Saturday afternoon so we can get 50,000 MFC fans watch the flag unfurl and hopefully get a win. What a day that would be!

Richmond and Carlton have a mortgage on the the round one Thursday night and Pies and Dogs appear to have secured the Friday night slot, or at least that's what they want.

As for double ups, we'll be a certainty to play the Dogs twice and one of either Port or Geelong twice.

Get ready for a few Friday nights next year unless the floating fixture returns and we fall off the rails.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 2

I suspect there will be a floating fixture again but they'll lock in the first 4-6 rounds before the season starts.

We should get a number of good quality games in that first 4-6 weeks. Round 1 hopefully will be a home game at the G vs a big club: Hawthorn, Essendon or Geelong might be good.

But clubs will want home games against us, and if we have another good year we should expect a healthy allocation of prime time slots.

Look at us Melbourne supporters, just won the flag, millions of $$ of merch flying off the shelves and the sale of the bentleigh club and we are talking about big home crowds to rustle up some money. 

once we can attend games, the crowds will be huge, memberships will go through the roof. If we don’t get the home ground one year it will be the next. 

im personally going to just enjoy the ride and not worry about our finances for once

• Love 1

round 1 friday night at the g as a home game grand final replay would be a great way to start the season

in an ideal world, we'd just split the gate every year, but as that is extremely unlikely i'm hoping that tiggas get the anzac eve as their home game and we get queen's birthday vs the filth so we can begin to alternate the fixture for gate takings

other than that, my biggest curiosity is if we're sent down the highway to taxpayer park AGAIN, or used as one of the 'away' sides in tasmania for kangas (as is the norm) or hawks - can't think of the last time we weren't sent to either of those locales

i presume we'll have one home game in the alice against a low-drawing interstate side (gc17, gw$)

Reckon we will play cats and doggies twice, due to the league seeing Dees v dogs as a bit of a marquee match up for the next couple of years, and cause we always play at KP. 
I actually want the flag unfurling to be a Saturday afternoon home game vs Freo. Think we would get 50+K to a game we normally get 25k if we are lucky. Games v bombers and blues will get 60k to whenever they are played as I think both those teams will be pushing for 5-8th.

in the last demonland interview with Pert I gig the vibe they feel they owe NT - so I reckon we could play a couple of games there. Ideally one home game and perhaps an away one vs GC could be an option given its now their recruiting zone. 

We certainly won't be playing a home game in Darwin next season if only because it's now a Gold Coast zone. If we do play a second game in the NT then my guess would be an away game against GC in the top end and we split the NT funding for the game down the middle. 

I might be one of the few people that enjoys going down to Hobart to watch a game and making a long weekend out of it. I just wish there was more open on a Sunday in the town as it can get a bit boring. A second visit to MONA was one too many. 

I agree with some of the other posters in that double up games against the bigger clubs are likely to make up for any financial shortfall in being the away side in both of our marquee games next year. Assuming the likes of Collingwood, Richmond & Essendon haven't dropped off the cliff come the back end of the season (mixed feelings there as I'd probably rather see them down the bottom). The key might be getting 50k Dees supporters to attend our games regardless of who we're playing. More marquee time slots will definitely help with that. 

A round one home game and flag unfurling is almost a guaranteed massive crowd (Covid or any other major calamities withstanding). No need to fixture a blockbuster. Hawthorn will do. (An easy first-up kill would be nice too, but yeah . . .)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I might be one of the few people that enjoys going down to Hobart to watch a game and making a long weekend out of it. I just wish there was more open on a Sunday in the town as it can get a bit boring. A second visit to MONA was one too many. 

I live in Hobart. I hope we don't play down here as we never play well.

Interestingly, when Tas started selling home games to Hawthorn many years ago, they worked out that the community easily made the money back due to the supporters travelling down and making a week of it.

I don't know if it dropped off over the years.

16 hours ago, Swooper1987 said:

Absolute lock we'll get North once in Tassie; Geelong twice with a trip to Kardinia Park; Eagles once only but in Perth.  Premiership or not, that is our lot in life!

Quite possibly true Swooper, but nevertheless keep your Friday nights free for the upcoming 2022 season for our numerous prime time slots.

Not just because wer'e so good,  but its a great style of game to watch with superstars on every line.

Advertisers will love us.

Strange and unusual feeling. Especially now Kardinia Park and Optus are our fortresses.

16 minutes ago, BAMF said:

I live in Hobart. I hope we don't play down here as we never play well.

Interestingly, when Tas started selling home games to Hawthorn many years ago, they worked out that the community easily made the money back due to the supporters travelling down and making a week of it.

I don't know if it dropped off over the years.

Hi BAMF. Interesting that you’d pass up the chance to watch play us on your own doorstep but I get what you’re saying. I guess I just like the variety it adds to the season and I’d rather play away in an authentic environment than a soulless high rise wasteland in the tropics. 

16 hours ago, BDA said:

Now that we've made Optus our biatch I want to play the Eagles in Perth next year. After the horror show in 2018 i want to see the looks on the Eagles fans faces when we pump their team. 

They were about to cop a finals type pumping until the lightning ️ 

On 9/30/2021 at 11:52 PM, AmDamDemon said:

Excellent. I love that forever and a day, whenever we play at Optus we will be able to whisper in the ears of Eagles and Dockers players, 'How many flags have you won on this ground?'

Would love to see us 'take over' Optus next time (and forever) we have to play West Coast with massive banners along the fences claiming ownership to different parts of the ground, e.g.

- Petracca's Pocket

- Ed Langdon Wing 

- the Trent Rivers end (the river end of the ground)

- Clayton Oliver Centre Square 

- Max Gawn premiership Terrace (there is a seating area at optus called the premiership Terrace) 

Having grown up in the west it has been hard going as a Dee's fan, looking forward to rubbing this premiership in my West coast mates faces forever!

• Love 2