Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Proved them wrong

DeesignerAU

On 9/29/2021 at 7:59 AM, DeesignerAU said:

What articles have you read or vision have you seen from so-called experts that makes your blood boil?

There was an article by Garry Buckenara about the status of Melbourne's list not more than 12 months ago which makes me fume.

Melbourne is a team full of B-graders with only one player in the elite category, according to list guru Gary Buckenara. He reveals what the Demons must do to improve their squad in his expert analysis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to check https://www.myheartbeatstrue.com/ for all the latest demon news

He picked English as a A grader for Dogs this morning, obviously doesn’t watch much football!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, Demons11 said:

🤣🤣🤣what a banana he is

One of the biggest fruit loops to ever manage a club list, just goes to show you how theses peanuts can make a living for so long.

Completely no idea whatsoever. The Premiership just goes to show it why he is not in clubland anymore.

The premiership was wrapped up with the recruitment of Jackson, Kosi and Rivers in 2019.

No club will be able to live with us for the next 5 years or until they can nullify our once in a lifetime 1-2 combination of Gawn and Jackson in the Ruck.

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it Buccky.

I'd love to hear his evaluation of our list now the stupid fool.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, binman said:

Media person 

Adam White

Medium

Radio, breakfast show on  RSN 

Comment

Every Monday during the season, White has had the benefit of listening to the excellent analysis of Bartel and  Ramanaskus, who have consistently highlighted the dees strengths and likelihood of winning the flag. Despite this, and the mounting evidence, has consistently questioned our bona fides.

Unable to shake his confirmation bias, he tipped the lions to beat us. Much to the disbelief of Bartel and  Ramanaskus he tipped the Cats to win the prelim. And then, after bartel had made the case the dees would win the GF, cherry picked a brief comment Bartel made about the pressure of playing in a GF to say 'mmm, that has crystalized my thoughts that the dogs will handle the pressure better given their experience in 2016 and i think they' win'. 

Score

image.jpeg.0239e79306b21a3e582407146c7880f8.jpeg

Who did the Dogs play in the 2016 GF?

A defensive based approach team in Sydney who have played that way and disgraced the game of Football since Eade came along to their club in 1996.

The Dogs rely on a pressure based game since Bevo came on board in 2015 but they have a fundamental flaw in their game.

There ruck stocks and stoppage capabilities are the reasons why i thought we would tear them another one on GF day coupled with the fact they had run the course during a draining travel schedule.

Lets see how their Ruck and Midfield group bounce back after Stefan Martin being a year older, English physically battered and the scaring a beating like that has on a playing group. 

Lets see what there made of.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges

On 9/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, Action Jackson said:

If you go back to 2016 he said almost identical things about the Tigers and I'd recommend you all try find this and have a read.

It is actually now a good thing for Buckenara to not rate you, as you will likely win the flag the next year.

He is honestly a complete joke of a list analyst and has no clue.

I can't believe they've been paying him to write these columns for 5 years, but here it is:

Gary Buckenara analyses Richmond’s list after 2016 season

RICHMOND’s list lacks a combination of A and B-grade talent and their trade target shouldn’t be Travis Cloke but another Magpie instead. GARY BUCKENARA analyses Richmond’s list.

"I don’t think the list they’ve got right now is good enough to win a premiership."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/gary-buckenara-analyses-richmonds-list-after-2016-season/news-story/ad932619a92a4831779af3e9da14080f

The team then went on to win 3 of the next 4 Premierships!

So yeah, lets hope Bucky continues to rate Petracca a B-grader, Tim English an A-grader and picks Carlton for the flag next year...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, 640MD said:

He did the main VFA game as well, Think he did very well financially.   but he is probably dead now or 110

Can still picture him. Very short, very large with big round glasses and ruddy face. Always said hello to people as he walked up each aisle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MT64 said:

Can still picture him. Very short, very large with big round glasses and ruddy face. Always said hello to people as he walked up each aisle.

DmnefJDU.webp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DeesignerAU said:

DmnefJDU.webp

Spot on. Maybe an earlier photo as towards the end he was rather larger. Good get though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

One of the biggest fruit loops to ever manage a club list, just goes to show you how theses peanuts can make a living for so long.

Completely no idea whatsoever. The Premiership just goes to show it why he is not in clubland anymore.

The premiership was wrapped up with the recruitment of Jackson, Kosi and Rivers in 2019.

No club will be able to live with us for the next 5 years or until they can nullify our once in a lifetime 1-2 combination of Gawn and Jackson in the Ruck.

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it Buccky.

I'd love to hear his evaluation of our list now the stupid fool.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

There are a number of media types now with seriously damaged analytical reputatiosn, or better known as wise-after-the-event types.

One is NOT Matthew Lloyd. He has been usually on us this year and consistent into all finals against others on various panels he's on. The boys on Kayo/Fox have been very good/accurate too - Healy, Brown, Reiwoldt (and Lyon obviously)

But those now on the fringe are IMO

Ross Lyon, Kane Cornes, David King, Leigh Montagna, Brownless, Brereton, 

Kane Cornes gave it to Darren Burgess earlier this year claiming he was over-rated as the best fitness guy around and doesn't do anything special (on SEN around Feb/March)

Sucked up nicely to him last week though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, binman said:

So, after considering the evidence supplied in the submissions, and the fact Ms Wilson's post GF comments created a continuous, unbroken chain of wrongness with her attacks on the dees re the tanking saga, the panel has decided to change her score to two peanuts.

I would further submit to the panel a request for third peanut status based on the following:

- Ms.Wilson makes her living from the game of AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL, a sport whose genesis, growth, survival and current popularity relies entirely on those who play, support, administrate and commentate the game being dedicated enthusiasts - passionate adherents. Ms. Wilson has shown a repeated and transparent lack of passion, dare I say even respect for our great national game. In her position as media commentator, she has consistently and unequivocally criticised the sport at every level, whenever and wherever possible and based too frequently on a lack of information and poor sources. Ms. Wilson’s obvious intent is to create controversial and destructive ‘news-cycling’ around the sport, the sole purpose being to foster her own reputation as an (faux) insider, investigative authority. I put it to you that Ms. Wilson’s ‘journalistic’ career (to date) has exhibited a subversive intention to harm the game of AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL. And this despite said career being wholly dependent on the game. Ms. Wilson simply wishes football ill.

As such, I invoke a plea to the panel that Ms. Wilson be anointed with NO LESS than a third peanut. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Webber said:

I would further submit to the panel a request for third peanut status based on the following:

- Ms.Wilson makes her living from the game of AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL, a sport whose genesis, growth, survival and current popularity relies entirely on those who play, support, administrate and commentate the game being dedicated enthusiasts - passionate adherents. Ms. Wilson has shown a repeated and transparent lack of passion, dare I say even respect for our great national game. In her position as media commentator, she has consistently and unequivocally criticised the sport at every level, whenever and wherever possible and based too frequently on a lack of information and poor sources. Ms. Wilson’s obvious intent is to create controversial and destructive ‘news-cycling’ around the sport, the sole purpose being to foster her own reputation as an (faux) insider, investigative authority. I put it to you that Ms. Wilson’s ‘journalistic’ career (to date) has exhibited a subversive intention to harm the game of AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL. And this despite said career being wholly dependent on the game. Ms. Wilson simply wishes football ill.

As such, I invoke a plea to the panel that Ms. Wilson be anointed with NO LESS than a third peanut. 

If I may respond to my learned friend. I beseech the panel to consider thus: Ms Wilson's approach to AFL football and its administration holds the powers that be to account. In so doing, she improves the standard of administration and therefore the quality of the game that is presented to the masses for their enjoyment. If Ms Wilson did not pursue the matters that she takes on, problems would not be publicly identified and those in control would just sweep issues of concern under the carpet to the inevitable detriment of our great game. 

I would like to plead that rather than add an additional peanut, the second that has been assigned to her be removed. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Webber please be advised that the binman media awards are narrow in scope and relate to the coverage of the Melbourne Football Club, with a focus on the degree to which a nominated 'expert' has demonstrated a clear pattern of being wrong about the Melbourne Football Club.

Ms Wilson La Dee-vina Comedia, please see above note. 

Webber and La Dee-vina Comedia please note, as previously advised, no further correspondence will be entered into in relation to Ms Wilson's peanut rating. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Demon17 said:

There are a number of media types now with seriously damaged analytical reputatiosn, or better known as wise-after-the-event types.

One is NOT Matthew Lloyd. He has been usually on us this year and consistent into all finals against others on various panels he's on. The boys on Kayo/Fox have been very good/accurate too - Healy, Brown, Reiwoldt (and Lyon obviously)

Kane Cornes gave it to Darren Burgess earlier this year claiming he was over-rated as the best fitness guy around and doesn't do anything special (on SEN around Feb/March)

Completely agree with you about LLoyd. He has become one of my favorite people to listen to over the last year or so. 

I didn't hear Kane serve Burgess earlier in the year but have heard him praise him very highly many a time this year.
Burgess was at Port when Kane was playing and when they won their flag in 04 

11 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Im not so sure about Leigh Montagna, he was the first one along with Matt Rendell to realise the Demons potential stating that they could win the flag after round 2-3.

Can't believe Rendell jumped off in the completely after the Prelim, Montagna stayed the course.

7 hours ago, FritschyBusiness said:

Completely agree with you about LLoyd. He has become one of my favorite people to listen to over the last year or so. 

I didn't hear Kane serve Burgess earlier in the year but have heard him praise him very highly many a time this year.

It was Andrew Russell who was fitness guru at Port in 04, he followed Clarko to Hawthorn after the 2004 GF win.

22 hours ago, DemonDave said:

I can't believe they've been paying him to write these columns for 5 years, but here it is:

Gary Buckenara analyses Richmond’s list after 2016 season

RICHMOND’s list lacks a combination of A and B-grade talent and their trade target shouldn’t be Travis Cloke but another Magpie instead. GARY BUCKENARA analyses Richmond’s list.

"I don’t think the list they’ve got right now is good enough to win a premiership."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/gary-buckenara-analyses-richmonds-list-after-2016-season/news-story/ad932619a92a4831779af3e9da14080f

The team then went on to win 3 of the next 4 Premierships!

So yeah, lets hope Bucky continues to rate Petracca a B-grader, Tim English an A-grader and picks Carlton for the flag next year...

The lowest of low fools, still earning a living from the game.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 12:11 AM, jnrmac said:

I remember at Windy Hill in the 70s there was a guy selling peanuts from a hessian bag that he used to lug around the outer....20c a bag...

I'm obviously a lot older than you and I reckon that guy used to be at every match I went to and it used to be, peanuts shilling a bag.

Some of the old timers on here would remember that.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FritschyBusiness said:

Lloyd gave his top 20 players for next year the other day and he had 3 Bombers in it and 4 or 5 Demons. Clarrie was number one Tracc was at 4 and May was 20 I think with Lever in there at about 15. Steele was at 2, ahead of Tracc.

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

Certainly not experts but I've been digging up old autopsy threads from opposition teams that we beat on Bigfooty for a laugh. The Richmond one is the best.

Autopsy - R6 Roast & Toast and Changes for Bulldogs R7 | BigFooty

Thanks for the link. Very entertaining with a common thread. We are April premiers, full of ourselves, umpire favourites and as for us supporters we are "entitled capitalist twats". Nothing wrong with a few good investments eh? There were 3 or 4 with a balanced view but the rest are fairly bitter.

• Like 2