Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GRAND FINAL: Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

1 hour ago, Lace Out said:

When we beat them earlier in the year, we smashed them in close with high pressure. 

When they best us, they conceded the ruck and roved off Gawn very well.

Think Jackson will play more ruck minutes to be less predictable, and Gawn forward to stretch their defence. 

We can do this, we really can. 

Our normal play is to let the other team have an extra at the ball while we have a extra sit off, that is fine when we can win our share a player down and rebound when we don’t but the dogs are to good for that. At least for the first half while the game is hot we need to have equal numbers at the ball to stop that roving off Gawn. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, frankie_d said:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-fringe-players-set-to-explore-options-20210911-p58qst.html?btis

A virus ran through the cats 2 days before the game. Does that change how we assess our win?

I’m sure we would’ve beaten Geelong regardless of their virus.

We were at our absolute best last night.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mrtwister said:

Bulldogs love the 'us v them' mentality.

Any way we can convince them that they are the favourites and should win?

Considering the narrative of them being shipped all over the country and winning in the face of adversity they already own the underdog status. 

2 hours ago, WA Demon Boy said:

We’re better than them as a whole..

Our forwards and backline is far greater. 

Slightly concerned for our mids though 

Given that Geelong beat us for clearances on Friday, this is a concern. Surely the Doggies mids will make good use of it..... 

mixed feelings for me. . I said a few weeks ago the dogs just have an u unusual leg up with umpires. a plus 70 in frees for during the home and away season then +8 then +9 in the first 2 finals. the last winning by 1 point. I think they are lucky to get this far. yes they played well tonight but normally the gate is shut. they can count themselves very lucky. let justice prevail and do them fairly and properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A F said:

The only two teams I thought could beat us if we managed to get to a GF were the Bulldogs and GWS. Really wanted to face Port.

Sure, we're good enough to beat them, but everything has to go right.

That said, the best defence usually beats the best offence.

Intensity is the key. If we come out like we did against Geelong, they'll struggle.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Garbo said:

Our normal play is to let the other team have an extra at the ball while we have a extra sit off, that is fine when we can win our share a player down and rebound when we don’t but the dogs are to good for that. At least for the first half while the game is hot we need to have equal numbers at the ball to stop that roving off Gawn.

100% agree. This is going to be a very tactical GF. They use the ball around stoppages so well they get 'clear' clearances which makes the extra defender a witches hat when it comes out. 

I'd be trying to cut the head from the snake. Harmes or Viney to go to Libba.  They are 0-5 the last 5 times he's kept to under 10 contested possessions.  

Edited by Jjrogan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I 100% agree with this.

There’s no sugar coating this - the Victorian MFC people ranging from Demon Royalty (Barassi, Daniher, Neitz) to the rank and file member with a GF guarantee membership have been robbed the opportunity of a life time thanks to COVID and a couple of NSW removalists.

Anything changes in this season and the Dees might not be in the Grand Final.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chook said:

Anything changes in this season and the Dees might not be in the Grand Final.

Maybe, maybe not.

Going by that notion, everything happens for a reason, does that mean the result in 2 weeks time already pre-ordained?

******summons 2 weeks from now me to tell me who wins******

• Haha 1

We shall not underestimate WB by even one cent, they are the most dangerous team under coach Luke Beveridge. For a win in Grand Final, they are willing to fight you till death -- this will be their main weapon on show, do we have that same willingness ( I know Viney has got one)? If we don't have, don't want to fight at that level, there won't be a happy ending for us.

At this stage, the games played between these two sides in H/A season don't count much.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Going by that notion, everything happens for a reason, does that mean the result in 2 weeks time already pre-ordained?

******summons 2 weeks from now me to tell me who wins******

Personally I believe everything that happens is the result of what came before. Cause and effect and all that. If I had full knowledge of the state of the universe I’d be able to predict the grand final, of that I’m sure. 

My research continues. 

• Haha 3

If the game between the Dogs and Port had been a really low standard and one of them had just stumbled across the line, our boys might have felt they had the Premiership in the bag. Especially after how they carved up the Cats yesterday. But today they witnessed a really worthy opponent and they definitely won’t be complacent. 
The Dogs were great, but they may just run out of steam after all their travel, one extra game and a week of quarantine.

Go Demons!

• Like 9

After the way they played last night I’m scared.

What frustrates me is because of this stupid extra week, they now finally get a week off to rest and recover. The double chance is pointless.

1954 rematch 

Edited by Cassiew
  • Like 3

Gutted that I can't be there of course but super excited that it's us against the Dogs. For all I know I might be the only Dee west of the Maribyrnong, definitely in Albion so I might have to sell up if we don't win. 

I've always had a soft spot for Footscray so happy that it'll be two of the league's former 'cellar dweller' teams battling it out on the day. It should be a cracker between the two best sides in the comp this year. 

• Like 2