Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: QF vs Brisbane

Demonland

1 minute ago, Mel Bourne said:

I left Joel Smith out of my passionate/fairly drunk appraisal of the team. Thought he was good! His pace came in handy against Charlie Cameron. Kept up with him in the pocket, and quashed a goal that could have been a dambuster for them. 

I'm not singling you out Mel, but honestly, it's amazing how some people perceive certain players.

Almost anyone else on our list gives up at least 4 goals to Cameron and they're harangued on here. Joel Smith does it and he gets praised.

Cameron was threatening every time he went near it. He'd have kicked more than 5 if Brisbane had had more of the ball in their forward half.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AC/DeeC said:

Onya Mel Bourne,

NIce summary. I give you 93%

I liked Bowey's game and IMO you have omitted him in your appraisal.

I would have given them 96%

Go DEES!

Ha! I liked his game to, and was careful to also praise him. But he gets a little frozen out there at times. To be expected. He’s doing a bloody great job for a kid amongst men. He’ll be huge next year with such a massive experience behind him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Aside from the Ben Brown miss and Joel Smith it was a relatively stress-free win.

Two weeks to work on goal kicking now.

Bit harsh on Smith . There are a lot of people who lose one on ones against CHarlie, But not many that can keep up with him (see the replay 3rd Q I think )

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

Does he not wear a mouth guard?

He has a plate with his fake tooth on it. I assume it’s hard to wear a mouth guard with a plate in. 
He said he wants to get the front missing tooth implanted in the off season. Might need 2 done now 😬

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dimmy said:

Bit harsh on Smith . There are a lot of people who lose one on ones against CHarlie, But not many that can keep up with him (see the replay 3rd Q I think )

He may well have given a free away there that wasn't paid - fair chance he grabbed his jumper. I felt at the time we were lucky not to get a free against.

Have to say, I loved Fritsch getting the front on contact free from Andrews early in the fourth and then Harmes doing something kinda similar to Robinson and they didn't get a free. That was pretty lucky for us, and I loved every second of it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

I'm not singling you out Mel, but honestly, it's amazing how some people perceive certain players.

Almost anyone else on our list gives up at least 4 goals to Cameron and they're harangued on here. Joel Smith does it and he gets praised.

Cameron was threatening every time he went near it. He'd have kicked more than 5 if Brisbane had had more of the ball in their forward half.

Just high on life Titan! Perhaps I should have quit while I was ahead and left him out. 

Salem was on Charlie for the first half though, no?

I do think Hibberd will be very stiff not to get his spot back for the prelim though. 

That Geelong win last week is the best thing that could’ve happened to us. Just given us that extra added belief in everything we do. We’ll be hard to knock off now. We have our tail up, playing with confidence, buying in completely, healthy list, fresh list, and a hungry  group of absolute quality.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

No injuries apart from Luke's tooth

I'd love to know how our most important player pulls up in Oliver. He definitely copped a whack in that game and didn't look the same after it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

He has a plate with his fake tooth on it. I assume it’s hard to wear a mouth guard with a plate in. 
He said he wants to get the front missing tooth implanted in the off season. Might need 2 done now 😬

He's 2 wins off getting red and blue front teeth implantments

• Haha 2

I like to heap praise on Jack Viney, definitely a big game player. But I noticed tonight and last week, he gets rid iof the ball so much quicker, doesn't try to beat three players with his strength, and boy what a difference this has made to him and the team. It wouldn't surprise me that during his 2 match ban that a certain Mr Choco or Mr OOZE  hasn't been getting into his ear big TIME

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Just high on life Titan! Perhaps I should have quit while I was ahead and left him out. 

Salem was on Charlie for the first half though, no?

I do think Hibberd will be very stiff not to get his spot back for the prelim though. 

I don't think so, no.

Based on my admittedly rudimentary review of the footage, looks to me like Smith was on him from the start and was on him for two of his three first quarter goals.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, A F said:

I'd love to know how our most important player pulls up in Oliver. He definitely copped a whack in that game and didn't look the same after it.

He would be relishing a week off. 
Also if any umpire ever watched any contest he’s involved in, he’d get 10 frees a week. 
Brisbane are thugs. Bog ordinary players just out there smashing bodies instead of trying to win the footy. 

• Like 4

Great game, held off their attempted comeback. 

Oliver gets very little protection from the umpires.  The lions came out in the third to ruffle us, didn't work. 

We play either GWS or Cats, after they bash each other up, enjoy the break Dees and set for the big games.

Tmac is a worry. Can't get rolling since being out.

Frontrunners all game. 

Hibbo was geeing Bowey up pregame, good work.

We have a pressure game, Lions we're always scrambling.

Good coaching, ready to play, then got challenged and overran them. 

Fitter, stronger, smarter. 

Thought we kept lots of their players out the game.

We still have to take our opportunities at scoring goals, when they are there. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KingDingAling said:

That Geelong win last week is the best thing that could’ve happened to us. Just given us that extra added belief in everything we do. We’ll be hard to knock off now. We have our tail up, playing with confidence, buying in completely, healthy list, fresh list, and a hungry  group of absolute quality.

I’ve seen so many times when the team that wins against opponent Q (Geelong) in the first final faces them again and loses to them the next time they meet 

having said that 

Q is older, a little more prone to being tired (think: we should have 16 minute quarters) and if they make it to meet us again they will have had to get past another serious contender 

The Max Gawn kick was most satisfactory 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A F said:

Nearly poo'd my pants when he copped that one in the ribs.
Lose him and we're done.

Week off will come in very handy after that.

• Like 3

That wasn’t euphoric like last week. It was reassuring.

The tag of the ‘hunted’ was on our shoulders and we did what we’ve done most of this year: continued to keep our thumb applying consistent  pressure on the head of the opposition until they crumple like a concertina.

Things I liked:

Jack Viney stamped himself on that game. Tracc and Clarry played better, but Jack has now started to play more within his limits. As usual, his tackling was great as was his frontal pressure. However, his disposal seemed more aware and cleaner.

Maxy seems to go better the more the game goes along. Same with Stanley last week, he seemed to be having some slight trouble until he was well and truly on top by the end. 

May did a mighty job on Daniher. His shutdown skills are A grade, but what distinguishes him from your ‘body’ full backs is he also can take a grab where necessary and can kick it like a bullet. His ability to blanket the first forward allows Lever to play that floating intercepter role as well as he does.

The difference between why Clarry got BOG for mine over Neale is simple: penetration and vision. The latter played a Tom Mitchell-esque game, plenty of the pill but plenty of dump kicks, floaty handballs or sideway kicks. 46 touches isn’t anything to sneeze at, but Clarry often was charging towards fifty with lead up forwards coming towards him. Neale didn’t.

Against Geelong last week, I didn’t get to sleep till 3 AM so pumped up was I. Tonight I will sleep soundly.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

1 hour ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Alex Neal-Bullen played his best game ever I reckon

he was everywhere tonight

and fritch's tackling gone to another level

Edited by Larry, Moe or Curly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

The difference between why Clarry got BOG for mine over Neale is simple: penetration and vision. The latter played a Tom Mitchell-esque game, plenty of the pill but plenty of dump kicks, floaty handballs or sideway kicks. 46 touches isn’t anything to sneeze at, but Clarry often was charging towards fifty with lead up forwards coming towards him. Neale didn’t.

Neale is one of those blokes who gets it alot but you don't notice.
Was surprised when they said he'd had 11 possession at qr time. 

• Like 1