Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FINALS: Week 01 2021 (NON MFC)

Demonland

Cry me a river [censored]-cats... Seriously though, talk about creating a culture of failure. A supposedly star-studded team once again fails miserably to look convincing in the finals series, despite their awful "track-record" of gaining frees incessantly, and for an illegitimate reasons...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Northern Summer said:

The other '[censored]' thing to bear in mind is if Port Adelaide make the Grand Final in Perth (and say play us), all of their supporters will be able to fly over to Perth and watch the game, so it'll turn into a partial home crowd for them. This is because there are no restrictions on entering WA from SA. We would have to rely on all of the lovely 'impartial' Western Australians to barrack for us to even it out - can't see everyone doing that, so Port will have the weight of the crowd. We are used to 'booooooo' in Perth I guess!

Wow wee....thats a good point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Possibly the biggest flaw by the afl since making Lions play in a prelim in 04 at the MCG which they should have played at the Gabba....We finish first and are made to travel under strict quarantine rules etc and will need to travel again even if we win our first final.... The fair thing would have been to have Port travel to play on neutral grounds!

Were is the benefit of finishing 1st????

But I forgot its the AFL.....

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

I was thinking, in a final, would an old head like Jones be good as a medical substitute?

Imagine it, 5 mins to go in the final quarter of the Granny, Spargo despite kicking 4 goals busts a nut and has to go off, Jones runs on to the field, Demon fans (at home) erupt and Jones kicks the winning goal!!!  - Dare to dream :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, DeezNuts said:

Imagine it, 5 mins to go in the final quarter of the Granny, Spargo despite kicking 4 goals busts a nut and has to go off, Jones runs on to the field, Demon fans (at home) erupt and Jones kicks the winning goal!!!  - Dare to dream :)

In that scenario I prefer him to kick the last goal, with the winning goal kicked by us in the 3rd....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

Possibly the biggest flaw by the afl since making Lions play in a prelim in 04 at the MCG which they should have played at the Gabba....We finish first and are made to travel under strict quarantine rules etc and will need to travel again even if we win our first final.... The fair thing would have been to have Port travel to play on neutral grounds!

Were is the benefit of finishing 1st????

But I forgot its the AFL.....

Further to your post, our final should be at the MCG tonight.

Gary Pert formally requested our week 1 final be at the MCG but the AFL caved into Gerard Whaetley who took personal offence that a final be played behind closed doors.

I agree with your post. We’ve been given absolutely zilch advantage as the AFL sought a 5,000 Adelaide Oval crowd at the expense of the minor premier’s home ground advantage, and then have given Port a massive leg up by giving them a home prelim.

I still think we’ll overcome the adversities and win the flag.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rpfc said:

Geelong have kicked 5 of the last 25 goals...

Hardly good form to go into a Semi Final in PERTH against either the Swans or Giants.

It's now on us to beat Brisbane and get to Perth to get a week off and ready for whichever teams comes out of that game next week.

Give Scott a home final at Kadinia - Swans have owned them down there since 2015

I'm looking forward to the Swans and Giants game this afternoon. Should be a cracker. I reckon we'll be playing one of these teams in the prelim and my bet is it will be GWS. It'll be a tough match for us if it eventuates

6 minutes ago, BDA said:

I'm looking forward to the Swans and Giants game this afternoon. Should be a cracker. I reckon we'll be playing one of these teams in the prelim and my bet is it will be GWS. It'll be a tough match for us if it eventuates

Watch Toby Greene do something silly and get reported!

Didn’t see Geelong capitulating again like that. This might sound arrogant but we’re Port that good? Cats  never really got going and I know that’s in part to Port and their pressure but for me it wasn’t a game of anything exceptional from either side. Allir had a cracking first qtr than Port just ran away with it. Looks as though the changing of the guard is complete with Richmond and West Coast already failing to make the 8. If we can beat Brisbane tonight I will be ecstatic, barring serious injury we should be GF bound. 

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Does that man ever stop whinging! 

He is a clever man but doesn't he realise everyone including opponents, can see his constant carping is that he doesn't have confidence his team a fit enough to make it through to a GF.  Opps will think:  be ahead or stay with them until 3/4 time then run them off their feet will be opp strategy.

Anyway, on what grounds can he demand their finals are in Perth?  The winning Qualifying final team always gets a Home Prelim.  Without covid they would have still played Port in SA.  Returned to Victoria for the second semi at the G (now go to Perth).  If Lions win tonight Geelong would be flying to the Gabba for the Prelim.  Covid has changed very little for them given where they ended up on the ladder.

Ha, Ha!  Geelong supporters will be barracking for us tonight so they can stay in Perth!  The irony.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

What They're Saying Down At Moorabool Street (reprise)

Slow and steady hasn't won us a damn thing in 10 years, has it - not sure our players are capable of throwing off the self-administered shackles and playing with the type of dare that might yield different results, not for a full game anyway.

What's that? Controlling our way to another embarrassing qualifying final loss? So unlucky this immaculate game plan falls apart in finals every year. What are the odds of that?

I got caned on here a few weeks ago for suggesting our biggest issue was inability to handle serious pressure - Exhibit A tonight.

The club now looks like a bunch of absolute [censored] after all the trading sh*t and talking up premiership chances etc, absolute frauds

This is depressing. What a bunch of pretenders.

Those 3 first round picks we gave off for Cameron looking mighty good for a rebuild about now.

We've gone from near premiership favourites 2 weeks ago to... the edge of a cliff. I'll support the boys boys all the way, through thick and thin but THIS is a stinker, a demoralising effort that could end up having huge ramifications in the not-too-distant future... or maybe not. Miracles do happen but not often. Maybe we can get to the grand final the long road, but the mountaintop is a long way away just now

As if we were going to look good after last weeks fail.

8 of our last 9 first finals. and the one win only occurred cos Smith missed a sitter after the siren. We then recruited smith.

I hate to say it..... Were not made to play finals.... id rather us fall out of the 8 for a couple of years than seeing us being pretenders in playing finals every year in gettour hopes ups...

It’s hard to believe a team that is coached to play an uncontested style of football [censored] the bed in finals when the pressure is turned up. Hard to believe for the coaching staff anyway.

Chipping the ball, unable to handle pressure and composure as we are not skilled enough. The game plan is flawed in a pressure situation. It is clear to everybody except our coach. We are becoming a laughing stock of the league.

It’s just ******* stupid, Scott can not remain as the Geelong coach. It’s the same thing every ******* year. I don’t give a sh*t about H and A record, it doesn’t matter if you lose every year when it actually matters.

Out of all these finals losses over the last 10 years this is the most deflating! The realisation this team is done! ain't winning sh*t with Scott at the helm, he is done as our coach! Time to move on Geelong!

Our heavy training-load at 3 quarter time last week must be still effecting us.

Well that was truly garbage guys looked flat from the start and didn't even look like it tonight, thats our last 6 quarters by nearly 90 points clearly a problem.

No point throwing the toys out of the cot tonight, save em for next week. It won't be a melt, it'll be reality.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, layzie said:

If it bleeds we can kill it? 

Sorry wrong one. 

True but the resemblance with eye spacing is uncanny. 

DF3988CE-273A-41DB-8163-D4270E08C1E8.jpeg

E638F783-6B9B-42FE-8458-4D5D6B08AE3A.jpeg

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

What They're Saying Down At Moorabool Street (reprise)

Slow and steady hasn't won us a damn thing in 10 years, has it - not sure our players are capable of throwing off the self-administered shackles and playing with the type of dare that might yield different results, not for a full game anyway.

What's that? Controlling our way to another embarrassing qualifying final loss? So unlucky this immaculate game plan falls apart in finals every year. What are the odds of that?

I got caned on here a few weeks ago for suggesting our biggest issue was inability to handle serious pressure - Exhibit A tonight.

The club now looks like a bunch of absolute [censored] after all the trading sh*t and talking up premiership chances etc, absolute frauds

This is depressing. What a bunch of pretenders.

Those 3 first round picks we gave off for Cameron looking mighty good for a rebuild about now.

We've gone from near premiership favourites 2 weeks ago to... the edge of a cliff. I'll support the boys boys all the way, through thick and thin but THIS is a stinker, a demoralising effort that could end up having huge ramifications in the not-too-distant future... or maybe not. Miracles do happen but not often. Maybe we can get to the grand final the long road, but the mountaintop is a long way away just now

As if we were going to look good after last weeks fail.

8 of our last 9 first finals. and the one win only occurred cos Smith missed a sitter after the siren. We then recruited smith.

I hate to say it..... Were not made to play finals.... id rather us fall out of the 8 for a couple of years than seeing us being pretenders in playing finals every year in gettour hopes ups...

It’s hard to believe a team that is coached to play an uncontested style of football [censored] the bed in finals when the pressure is turned up. Hard to believe for the coaching staff anyway.

Chipping the ball, unable to handle pressure and composure as we are not skilled enough. The game plan is flawed in a pressure situation. It is clear to everybody except our coach. We are becoming a laughing stock of the league.

It’s just ******* stupid, Scott can not remain as the Geelong coach. It’s the same thing every ******* year. I don’t give a sh*t about H and A record, it doesn’t matter if you lose every year when it actually matters.

Out of all these finals losses over the last 10 years this is the most deflating! The realisation this team is done! ain't winning sh*t with Scott at the helm, he is done as our coach! Time to move on Geelong!

Our heavy training-load at 3 quarter time last week must be still effecting us.

Well that was truly garbage guys looked flat from the start and didn't even look like it tonight, thats our last 6 quarters by nearly 90 points clearly a problem.

No point throwing the toys out of the cot tonight, save em for next week. It won't be a melt, it'll be reality.

These are delicious!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Further to your post, our final should be at the MCG tonight.

Gary Pert formally requested our week 1 final be at the MCG but the AFL caved into Gerard Whaetley who took personal offence that a final be played behind closed doors.

I agree with your post. We’ve been given absolutely zilch advantage as the AFL sought a 5,000 Adelaide Oval crowd at the expense of the minor premier’s home ground advantage, and then have given Port a massive leg up by giving them a home prelim.

I still think we’ll overcome the adversities and win the flag.

Stop feeling sorry for us and stop saying the AFL caved in to Gerard Whately.

He is not the scapegoat to blame. Did the AFL cave in to him in 2015 for stating the Bulldogs vs Adelaide game should be moved from the MCG to their home at Docklands, because they had earnt the right.

Do you recall Whately in 2017 even as a Cats fan saying the Qualifying final being played at the home of the lower ranked side was the right thing to do because despite handing Richmond the advantage it gave more fans the opportunity to see the final.

If we go down tonight it will have nothing to do with the ground. It’s a sad thing in Australian culture we always have to find excuses. The Eagles who I despise more than any sporting organisation in the world won flags having to travel even after finishing higher than other teams. They won because they were good and were resilient.

I love the fact I follow a no excuses football club, we have a developing team who are becoming very resilient and are almost Anywhere Anyone Anytime.

If we’re good enough we’re good enough, and based on what I have witnessed in the last 18 months I think we now are

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 5
  • Love 1