Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

How I feel about other supporters who want to jump on our journey

Wizard of Koz

1 hour ago, Wizard of Koz said:

I must be a [censored] then. After reading everyones thoughts. I thoroughly blame he 70, 80, 90 ,00 and the last 10 years for my attitutde ofn hate. Well put it this way, if we win noone will enjoy the party like only us can. Maybe that is a bit nicer. '

Actually if I see a Hawthorn supporter reveling in our journey they can definitely go and suck a fat one. And Essendon.

I’m with you Wizard of Koz

Don’t want anyone else, we’ve been the first club to be ridiculed over the years about how week our supporter base is

I firmly believe we have the most resilient supporters when you think of what we’ve had to go through.

l didn’t want the Bulldogs to win because it’s given us the longest streak without a flag.

Stuff em

• Like 1

This conversation should be actively in the other direction. Highest likelihood that we will play all of our finals outside of Victoria. We need as many people in the other states to jump on the Dees train as possible. If we can have a pro-Dees crowd throughout the finals, that would be massive.

All of these nice media stories are really helping...We need to convert like the Bulldogs on their unlikely run home, without the blatant throwing of the football. We should be actively recruiting bandwagon hoppers from Crows supports in Adelaide and collectively in the WA. I don't like how the Eagles fans behaved in our final against them, but would put that behind me if we got a groundswell of support for our potential final(s) there.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billy said:

Don’t want anyone else, we’ve been the first club to be ridiculed over the years about how week our supporter base is

I firmly believe we have the most resilient supporters when you think of what we’ve had to go through.

l didn’t want the Bulldogs to win because it’s given us the longest streak without a flag.

Stuff em

I think I love you Billy

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/23/2021 at 1:12 AM, Youngwilliam said:

I think it's funny because I heard so many in the MCC bellyache in 2018 how they had to line up in the finals. Too many old supporters like their creature comforts of walking up 10 minutes before the bounce knowing their seat is their every game day. 57 years without silverware will do that. 

With success comes more bums on seats and clubs don't survive without supporter growth. AFL is a business after all. We play to a schedule, not a draw. 

I'm calling this out YW.

In 2018 I, and hundreds of other MCC members were lining up at 9.00am, hours before the gates opened. You clearly don't know how walk ups work. For a GF people sleep out overnight and are lined up by MCC officials for an 8.00am opening and then it's every one for themselves. Get in and take the seat you want.

For those 2018 finals against Geelong and Hawthorn I saw the same folks there each week, putting in the hours and then heading in to their preferred area after the gates were opened about 2.00pm.

No-one, not even on routine match days rolls up 10 minutes before the start unless they are happy sitting way up in the back.

No ill-feeling meant but do understand that you are talking BS.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 1:12 AM, Youngwilliam said:

I think it's funny because I heard so many in the MCC bellyache in 2018 how they had to line up in the finals. Too many old supporters like their creature comforts of walking up 10 minutes before the bounce knowing their seat is their every game day. 57 years without silverware will do that. 

2018 - this what 54-years without silverware and a deep love of the Dees looked like.

IMG_2903.thumb.JPG.755b26adf38977ef653dcf5c228b212e.JPG

Edited by TRIGON
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TRIGON said:

2018 - this what 54-years without silverware and a deep love of the Dees looked like.

IMG_2903.thumb.JPG.755b26adf38977ef653dcf5c228b212e.JPG

And this is what it sounded like.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

I'm calling this out YW.

In 2018 I, and hundreds of other MCC members were lining up at 9.00am, hours before the gates opened. You clearly don't know how walk ups work. For a GF people sleep out overnight and are lined up by MCC officials for an 8.00am opening and then it's every one for themselves. Get in and take the seat you want.

For those 2018 finals against Geelong and Hawthorn I saw the same folks there each week, putting in the hours and then heading in to their preferred area after the gates were opened about 2.00pm.

No-one, not even on routine match days rolls up 10 minutes before the start unless they are happy sitting way up in the back.

No ill-feeling meant but do understand that you are talking BS.

I'm not talking about the ones who line up, I'm talking about the ones who rock up 10 minutes before the bounce hoping to get a seat 5 to 10 rows from the fence. You hear them grumble as they drag their family up to the nosebleed section. 

I look at them bewildered that they think a final would have 4 to 6 seats available that close to the start. Have you never witnessed this?

Don't worry, I am lining up there with you. I like to stand in silence with my thoughts and you can't help but eaves drop on a few conversations around you. 

Edited by Youngwilliam

19 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

All aboard!!!!

This is how we win new fans and get kids on board for the life journey.

This is how we move from a minnow (sob) club back to a powerhouse.

All aboard!!!

No-one cares, but I've had no empathy or good will from my footy supporting mates. They're all too concerned with their clubs (none playing finals) to give a rats about the Mighty Demons.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, ucanchoose said:

I've joined other trains for the final ride.   It's ok that people want to join ours

I go for long walks and dont mind wearing my Melbourne jumper with no 13 on the back ( coz if I cant wear it to the footy I may as well wear it on the street etc) anyway the amount of people who say say "Go Dees" or similar warms the cockles of the soul. Happy to have outside buy in

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, 3183 Dee said:

Yep - the more, the merrier, I say. Get the Goodwin-Crows connection going strong this week, to get as many SA neutrals behind us on Sat night.

A great post. I'd forgotten that Goody is demed by many as the 'greatest' Crows skipper so far.

And I bet they still love Jake Lever. Just don't admit it within earshot of Tex. 

Todd Viney - former SA junior and 45 games with Sturt - thus a tenuos link for young Jack, Steven Stretch, Graeme Molloy, John Tillbrook............................

Huge SA links. 

• Like 1

I'm with "the more the merrier" crew. 

When kids are at the age of deciding which team to support, they are influenced by a number of factors. Family, friends, attractiveness of jumper, the success of the team/s, brand of football played, likeability of players, not wanting to the only Demons supporter in the class. How many new supporters would the Demons have attracted between 2011 - 2017 ?

If the team can achieve sustained success, it will lead to more kids coming onboard. Bandwagon supporters are fine, and assist in creating a snowballing effect. Which will obviously help the club in the long term. 

• Like 1

Some supporters cannot remember the first player to wear the number 13 was Wayne Gordon who died of cancer and the current 13 hopefully will win the ultimate individual prize.

In the past the number 13 was considered unlucky but maybe Clayton will change that with the Charlie and the Norm Smith Medals.

I have followed the MFC from 1952 and spent 10 years as a trainer at the club and the 1950's sides and 2021 have parallels that they were never out of a game even when the played poorly during periods of the game.

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Billy said:

Stuff em

You and WOKoz clearly don't work in the marketing and sales dept of the club.

Have you no idea how rapt those guys are on our success.

They pay the bills by the way.

Lighten up and enjoy the ride for gawn's sake!

• Like 1

Everyone on board! Momentum is everything and these are the moments when some kids will chose their teams.

Plenty of time to be hated if we can have prolonged success. Now is the time to grow our supporter base.