Jump to content

  • Podcast: Grand Final Preview      

  • Podcast: Gary Pert Interview & Grand Final Preview      

What they are saying at St Vincent Street


Bimbo
 Share


Recommended Posts

I have never gone so far as to actually start a topic before despite spending my 10+ years of membership wasting too much of my workday reading Demonland.  I was so happy last night, i thought i would take a chance.

I would have to say that they seem a bit upset at Port Adelaide over yesterdays game and if anyone thinks Simon Goodwin receives a pasting on this site, they should take note of the Port vitriol directed at Ken Hinkley.

A few comments from Big Footy are repeated below and these are some of the gentler ones.

 

Also, when did Alex Neal Bullen turn into an untackleable beast? fu** me dead, we couldn't stop him. I thought he was a spud.

I think people really underestimated Melbourne coming into this. They have a very strong defence and an absolutely monstrous midfield.

It is staggering that we are so poor in every area. Poorly skilled. Dumb decisions. Not strong enough. Not tall enough. Not fast enough. Unfit. No discernible game plan. sh*t leadership. What the f**k do we actually do at training? I refuse to believe that our players (well most of them anyway) are at the limit of their potential. So we need a clear out of the leadership at the club - chairman, coach and captain. We're just so poorly led at every level.

Another club waltzes in with a SeAsOn-DeFiNiNg win.

Now that the siren has gone I can safely say, insipid performance and a disgusting display of football. Forwards invisible, the only time I did see them was when they crashed into each other. Umps were no help, gave Melbourne a couple. Sure am thrilled to have played Melbourne into form. We ******* suck, sack ken, sack Bassett, fu** it sack Voss too. Gang sh*t we out.

Melbourne are good, we aren’t.

Can’t see Melbourne not winning the flag now tbh

 

Marshall must be on the trade table

Who's going to want a 200cm third tall with no presence, can't kick and floats around the field like a fern frond with no impact.

Edit: and yes I realise this also describes Ben brown, but he kicked 10 in an afl match.

 

And to think we were out coached by Goodwin.

That game exposed all of our weaknesses at once. Biggest of which is our gameplan which relies on the other team not being very good.

Too many passengers and credit too melbourne who played the game I wanted us to play.

actually looked like our mids and forwards were rubbish. deep defense kept the gap closer. the rest were sh*t. boak sh*t. drew sh*t. everyone forward of full back was dog sh*t.

At least Ben Brown didn’t kick 10 goals. That’s a positive I guess.

yeah, so you agree, rozzee is sh*t, has the contested ball awareness of a minature poodle.

Players: What's the gameplan this week Ken?
Ken: Oh, we'll chip it around giving Melbourne time to get everyone behind the ball.
Players: So same as usual against the top teams then?

We put the ken in Farken Average.

I'm sick of crap teams going past us - if the trend continues, bloody Carlton will play in a grand final before we will LOL.

Melb brought in the tallest slowest forward line I’ve seen in the past 20 years of football. It was set up for us to run off of them.

Almost all of their good players had a night out too. Gawn, Patracca, Oliver, May, Salem, McDonald, you know the guys a good coach would have plans for. Hinkley is a bum.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites


As I said in another thread, Port fans hate Hinkley and they are right. He is a terrible tactician and can't get lemonade out of lemons.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

As I said in another thread, Port fans hate Hinkley and they are right. He is a terrible tactician and can't get lemonade out of lemons.

 

 

Let's hope they keep him for a few more seasons then.

Quite a lot of talented players at Port.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, faultydet said:

Let's hope they keep him for a few more seasons then.

Quite a lot of talented players at Port.

Absolutely. They have a very strong list. And yes I know they have had a few injuries this year, but they keep finishing high enough on the ladder that you can't sack Hinkley, but then they don't do any damage against strong sides or in finals. A terrible position to be in. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

I have never gone so far as to actually start a topic before despite spending my 10+ years of membership wasting too much of my workday reading Demonland.  I was so happy last night, i thought i would take a chance.

I would have to say that they seem a bit upset at Port Adelaide over yesterdays game and if anyone thinks Simon Goodwin receives a pasting on this site, they should take note of the Port vitriol directed at Ken Hinkley.

A few comments from Big Footy are repeated below and these are some of the gentler ones.

 

Also, when did Alex Neal Bullen turn into an untackleable beast? fu** me dead, we couldn't stop him. I thought he was a spud.

I think people really underestimated Melbourne coming into this. They have a very strong defence and an absolutely monstrous midfield.

It is staggering that we are so poor in every area. Poorly skilled. Dumb decisions. Not strong enough. Not tall enough. Not fast enough. Unfit. No discernible game plan. sh*t leadership. What the f**k do we actually do at training? I refuse to believe that our players (well most of them anyway) are at the limit of their potential. So we need a clear out of the leadership at the club - chairman, coach and captain. We're just so poorly led at every level.

Another club waltzes in with a SeAsOn-DeFiNiNg win.

Now that the siren has gone I can safely say, insipid performance and a disgusting display of football. Forwards invisible, the only time I did see them was when they crashed into each other. Umps were no help, gave Melbourne a couple. Sure am thrilled to have played Melbourne into form. We ******* suck, sack ken, sack Bassett, fu** it sack Voss too. Gang sh*t we out.

Melbourne are good, we aren’t.

Can’t see Melbourne not winning the flag now tbh

 

Marshall must be on the trade table

Who's going to want a 200cm third tall with no presence, can't kick and floats around the field like a fern frond with no impact.

Edit: and yes I realise this also describes Ben brown, but he kicked 10 in an afl match.

 

And to think we were out coached by Goodwin.

That game exposed all of our weaknesses at once. Biggest of which is our gameplan which relies on the other team not being very good.

Too many passengers and credit too melbourne who played the game I wanted us to play.

actually looked like our mids and forwards were rubbish. deep defense kept the gap closer. the rest were sh*t. boak sh*t. drew sh*t. everyone forward of full back was dog sh*t.

At least Ben Brown didn’t kick 10 goals. That’s a positive I guess.

yeah, so you agree, rozzee is sh*t, has the contested ball awareness of a minature poodle.

Players: What's the gameplan this week Ken?
Ken: Oh, we'll chip it around giving Melbourne time to get everyone behind the ball.
Players: So same as usual against the top teams then?

We put the ken in Farken Average.

I'm sick of crap teams going past us - if the trend continues, bloody Carlton will play in a grand final before we will LOL.

Melb brought in the tallest slowest forward line I’ve seen in the past 20 years of football. It was set up for us to run off of them.

Almost all of their good players had a night out too. Gawn, Patracca, Oliver, May, Salem, McDonald, you know the guys a good coach would have plans for. Hinkley is a bum.

They cope well with losing, don’t they!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Loved this - "everyone forward of full back was dog sh*t."

Pity you've posted this NC. I'd like to use this at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Absolutely. They have a very strong list. And yes I know they have had a few injuries this year, but they keep finishing high enough on the ladder that you can't sack Hinkley, but then they don't do any damage against strong sides or in finals. A terrible position to be in. 

They would be a perfect fit for Clarkson.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, deanox said:

They would be a perfect fit for Clarkson.

Please do not allow Clarkson to get his hands on all of Ports talent.

 

I want at least one flag with our own list first.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bimbo said:

I'm sick of crap teams going past us - if the trend continues, bloody Carlton will play in a grand final before we will LOL.

So we're not the only club that worries about whether Carlton have gone past us

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

“yeah, so you agree, rozzee is sh*t, has the contested ball awareness of a minature poodle.”

I will never be able to look at Connor Rozee without thinking of this. ?
AND they misspelled his name. Their own player!

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im no hinkley apologist. But why do people think they have a good list.

They've been 50/50 for a few years now except for last year which frankly was a gift to them only having to play in 2 states with minimum disruptions.

They have 2 midfielders you'd worry about.  (amon not bad but he's not strong tier b)

They have one key forward in Dixon who's never kicked 50 goals in a season.  

And a bunch of kids who go in and out of games because they aren't that good? Consistency is a thing. 

robbie gray is a gun but on the wrong side of 33. 

Last night you could see holes in their list everywhere, primarily their midfield. And against the teams with better lists their deficiencies gets exploited.   I dunno, 5-8th seems about right. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sat next a port supporter last night who commented after Kozzie kicked his goal from the 50, saying that he was soft and had only 2 kicks all night.  I gently replied that he had 10 tackles and that was his 3rd goal but thanks for his analysis ???

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bimbo said:

Marshall - can't kick and floats around the field like a fern frond with no impact

I can get really irate at certain Dees players, especially our stars when they make Hollywood mistakes, but this is the best attack on a player from a supporter's club, that I have ever seen. I hope Marshall doesn't read it. Stuff me, that's harsh (if just a little bit accurate).  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rjay said:

This is quite good...

Good ! … it’s brilliant Great line 

I do enjoy reading the vitriol on losing team sites….. when it’s not us ….. 

I’d love Wines to get pxxxed off and come home, but I think it’s too late, and I reckon we actually have him covered 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

 

That game exposed all of our weaknesses at once. Biggest of which is our gameplan which relies on the other team not being very good.

That is my favourite,  still chuckling and will be for quite awhile.....

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    OUR GRAND OLD FLAG by George On The Outer

    When an AFL Grand Final approaches, supporters look for omens to help them foresee how their team will fare in the contest.   Melbourne supporters were, until just before Saturday’s opening bounce, the best in the business at looking for positives to give them hope and direction - a natural feeling after 57 years in the wilderness. So when the Bulldogs’ streamers kept slipping from the handle of the Premiership Cup as Glen Jackovich delivered it to Optus Stadium, they wondered whether it

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE ICING ON THE QUAKE by Whispering Jack

    It’s not Christmas yet but if the Melbourne wins its last game of the 2021 season, then many of its fans will be celebrating early. There already are some parts of our town where the pending festivity is preordained. Houses are decked out with red and blue banners and streamers, some of which appeared as early as last Saturday week, on the morning after the Demons’ magnificent 83-point crushing of Geelong in their preliminary final at Optus Stadium. While it’s great to see the numbers of lo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...