Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tracc miked up

kev martin

Just now, Billy said:

Come on Kev now you’re really clutching at straws

So you’re telling me that if he pushed through the plank without complaining he would’ve hit Max on the chest.

No, but pushing through will help strengthen his mentality, 

With a stronger mind it becomes agile and doesn't get caught in anxiety, the responses become natural, "in the zone". 

Being "in the zone" helps hit the mark as well as make the right decision. 

Hit Max and maybe we win.

Be out of the zone and he misses Max.

Small things lead to the big picture when the margin for errors is small.

Come on Kev you can't actually believe that? 

What about all the terrible misses from snap attempts? 

What about our continual lack of coming out fast in q1?

Our inability to have a functioning fwd line?

Tracc has a crappy kick at times and unfortunately just missed Max as he did Harmes earlier in the game

22 minutes ago, WA Demon Boy said:

Come on Kev you can't actually believe that? 

What about all the terrible misses from snap attempts? 

What about our continual lack of coming out fast in q1?

Our inability to have a functioning fwd line?

Tracc has a crappy kick at times and unfortunately just missed Max as he did Harmes earlier in the game

Sure they all added to our woes.

Though my issue was about Tracc.

I feel if he was mentally stronger, then he would be an even better player.

Mental strength can come from positive affirmations, such as "these exercise are challenging and I'm doing it easily". 

I do believe there is a correlation between mental fortitude and success.

In the past many have called us mentally soft.

How would you build there mental strength?  

Don't say "walk over hot coals".

I say, push through physical challenges without complaining, but with bragging about your abilities. Know you can take on and succeed at what is infront you, by stoically breaking through walls of pain.

Edited by kev martin

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

Sure they all added to our woes.

Though my issue was about Tracc.

I feel if he was mentally stronger, then he would be an even better player.

Mental strength can come from positive affirmations, such as "these exercise are challenging and I'm doing it easily". 

I do believe there is a correlation between mental fortitude and success.

In the past many have called us mentally soft.

How would you build there mental strength?  

Of course there is correlation between mental fortitude and success

I don't question Traccs mental strength 

I don't question Vineys mental strength

I don't question ANBs mental strength

I don't question Sparrows mental strength

I don't question Harmes' mental strength

I don't question Kozzies mental strength

I don't question Hunts' mental strength

However,

I do question their skill and their ability to do the basics and do them well 

This is what makes players great. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, kev martin said:

Have an opinion outside of the "we"and it is attacked.

Well, that's because there's a reason that these kinds of opinions are outside of the mainstream in the first place.

6 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Well, that's because there's a reason that these kinds of opinions are outside of the mainstream in the first place.

I don't mind the opinion being attacked with good rebut, but most of the attack is just exclamation without added substance. 

As is your one sentence. 

Tell me your reasoning. 

17 minutes ago, WA Demon Boy said:

I am.

I can see some anxiety in him.

Also, trying too hard instead of "getting in the zone" .

At times, not trusting his team mates and attempting to do too much. Selflessness is a sign of mental strength. 

Knowing what drives others and how to help get the best out of each person and yourself, can be seen as a mental strength. He seems to be struggling at bit with that.

Have seen him drop his head after an error. Too high standards and strong ego, if not anxious he would just get on with it the next time as most elites do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Probably complained that time the club nearly drowned him as well. Mentally soft. 

We are all complex, flawed beings and the club invest alot to maximise the potential of the players.

I see Tracc as someone who is unsure of his boundaries, limitations and excellences. 

The water episode may have been some of that. Not aware of the fine line and not wanting to indicate he needs help.

Turn on, tune in and bring it on as required.

Trac turns on, tunes into his own station, and turns it up too loud.

He needs to trust others.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kev martin said:

I don't mind him "resting" as a forward, which must increase his game time. 

Can also help him develop his forward craft in order to be a maestro/elite.

I think his best will come.

Am looking forward to seeing it happen against Port.

You don’t ‘rest’ anywhere these days. If you do the team is a man down.  Same for Gawn. If he is resting then we are not playing at max. 

His drop off in skills etc seems to coincide with increased game time.

86E24DD5-5481-4EBA-91D3-D7953648F21D.png

Edited by Watson11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Watson11 said:

You don’t ‘rest’ anywhere these days. If you do the team is a man down.  Same for Gawn. If he is resting then we are not playing at max. 

997BC10D-84E5-4424-9D84-6907A33DE48F.png

You are right. That is why I put it in quotations.

Because of the reduced interchanges (I can see them reducing it more) they need to manage some on the field. Tracc being one of the selected. 

You may also be right as to the detriment to his game.

Though I would prefer our best players out there as much as possible. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, WA Demon Boy said:

I don't question Vineys mental strength

I don't question ANBs mental strength

I don't question Sparrows mental strength

I don't question Harmes' mental strength

I don't question Kozzies mental strength

I don't question Hunts' mental strength

A few seem to be suffering from over thinking. Hunty, Harmes, Tracc.

A few from overestimating their abilities, Tracc, Kozzie, Viney.

Some can't get in the game, ANB, Kozzie, Sparrow.

They double guess themselves, appear to play without instincts, often not taking the first or obvious decision, and sometimes miss the moment when they can have an impact.

Mental strength isn't just about effort, it requires knowing your limits, being smart with or without the ball, having an ability to get in the zone, to help others, to train effectively,  to know when to go to plan b, c or d, with an awareness of the games momentum, and to exploit a weakening opposition. Oh yea, self awareness, just to mention some of the qualities that take a smart, matured player and team to grasp.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, kev martin said:

Since seeing Tracc miked up at training, a little thing has been gnawing me. “I hate these things”, or something like that, he said when planking.

I wonder why he didn't use more positive language. Such as;

This will help me break through the pain walls.

I'll do another minute, that way I'm sure to get the better of “add oppos stars”.

I'll push through easily, then when you are under pressure Clarry, I can make skittles of your opponents.

Not only that, but I can't see how the negative helps. Drains himself and others of energy.

I know some of it was with humour, “I'm shaking”, but I expect our leaders to go the extra miles and drag the younger ones with them.

Someone needs to take him aside and tell him about how to help push himself and others through the pain.

You ever done a pre season at an decent level of.. anything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kev martin said:

Sure, Oakleigh VFA.

I'm sure your language during pre season and regular training was articulate & concise? ?

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Reemer said:

I'm sure your language during pre season and regular training was articulate & concise? ?

What is your point?

Can't remember anyone complaining, just got on with it. Early 1980's, getting into peak physical shape wasn't that difficult. 

It is all in the mind.

38 minutes ago, Ethan Trembley said:

This is on-par with the tennis players should retrieve their own towel and thank the ball-person for throwing the ball back (aka, just doing their job) thread. Who would have thought that winning would turn people nuts. 

Thanks Ethan, a very sensible addition to a thread.

So, you think me talking about the mental strength of Tracc is nuts.

Thanks.

You must be some kind of a keyboard warrior.

Stop attacking me. Shows your disregard for anothers opinion. 

I have some right to make my points, I have made quite a few, and that's what you come up with.

Wow.

Edited by kev martin

Thanks.

I have some right to make my points, I have made quite a few, and that's what you come up with.

Wow.

Kev. No body is attacking you.  You are entitled to your opinion.

You might be right about Traccs lack of mental strength but we dont think this is a good example to use as evidence.

The majority of people disagree with you and think you are reading too much from the plank thing.

Post your opinions but be prepared for others to disagree with you and for them to do so in a humorous way if they choose.

• Like 2

Thanks.

Wow.

Chill Bruv, no ones attacking you, it was just my opinion. 

I get that the majority think the noise of tracc when planking is irrelevant. 

I think it indicates his mental weaknesses, immaturity and disrespect to team mates and the trainers.

Please don't call me nuts, or a nuffie or suggest I am not part of the "we" in this forum. They are personal attacks. If you can't see that then you have become desensitised to how you treat others..Those names are borderline nasty, I will ask those throwing them out, to not do it. Even if with some humorous intention.

@BAMF

Edited by kev martin

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

I get that the majority think the noise of tracc when planking is irrelevant. 

I think it indicates his mental weaknesses, immaturity and disrespect to team mates and the trainers.

Please don't call me nuts, or a nuffie or suggest I am not part of the "we" in this forum. They are personal attacks. If you can't see that then you have become desensitised to how you treat others..Those names are borderline nasty, I will ask those throwing them out, to not do it. Even if with some humorous intention.

@BAMF

^ Why is it that when people post nuffie opinions, they get overly defensive when they get called even slightly called out??

IMO your post is bordering on Olisik/Dr.D level nuffiness mate.

Edited by nacnud

41 minutes ago, nacnud said:

^ Why is it that when people post nuffie opinions, they get overly defensive when they get called even slightly called out??

IMO your post is bordering on Olisik/Dr.D level nuffiness mate.

That's the way mate, keep attacking. 

You're have no understanding of the other.

Who is olisik or Dr D?

Must be only addressing your inner circle.

Mate, I have a right to express myself on this open forum, without the constant attacks.

But well done, your circle must be getting chuffed about your inputs.

So much wisdom, to impart!

Can't wait for the next snipe.

nuffie

A term used to describe people that are mentally retarded (or just plain stupid). Derived from the term nuff nuff.

Edited by kev martin