Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tracc miked up

kev martin

10 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

Well, we’ve certainly proven that true.

I know I’m missing the point but you’ve used the word ‘proven’ as a verb when it’s actually an adjective. Soz, couldn’t resist. 
Back to the point: Kev shouldn’t  be referred to as a nuffie (either directly or indirectly) just because he expressed his opinion. 
Not referring to you THBT, referring to some others, just don’t know how to quote two posters at once. ?

• Like 1

We did planking a lot in my Army days. It's incredibly hard to do for long periods of time. I have never heard anyone speak about it in a positive light. Who cares. What the hell are we even talking about again? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I know I’m missing the point but you’ve used the word ‘proven’ as a verb when it’s actually an adjective. Soz, couldn’t resist. 

If you're going to pull people up on points of grammar, it's probably advisable not to use such non-words as "soz", "imma" and "anyways" in your own posts.    :D

51 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Back to the point: Kev shouldn’t  be referred to as a nuffie (either directly or indirectly) just because he expressed his opinion. 
Not referring to you THBT, referring to some others, just don’t know how to quote two posters at once. ?

How dare you! I’m going to spend my entire day trawling through your previous posts looking for grammatical errors and reposting them. The nerve. ?

And to @kev martin I hope you realise, while I really don’t agree with any level of concern about what a player said at training, I wasn’t calling you a nuffie. I was pointing out the irony of posters saying ‘nuffie’s’ will jump on anything Petracca says - and us then doing that exact thing, myself included.

Nuff on mother-nuffers. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

Ok, here goes….

I wish more grown adults were trained better to cope with adversity - so they didn’t go jumping at shadows when their football team gets beaten on the weekend.

The club has given me plenty of adversity training over the years.
Probably why I'm so good at jumping at shadows.

12 hours ago, kev martin said:

He should be an enforcer and give Clarry and the lighter bodies some assistance. Hip and shoulder to the taggers, he is solid enough.

Ya know what.
It doesn't look like Clarry knows where the gym is.
I'd like him to put abit more work into his own frame before we worry about Trac looking after him.
And You need the aggressive mindset to be an enforcer.
Doubt Petracca has it.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, demonstone said:

If you're going to pull people up on points of grammar, it's probably advisable not to use such non-words as "soz", "imma" and "anyways" in your own posts.    :D

Those non-words aren’t mistakes, they’re intentional abbreviations. They’re also the product of having a teenage son. In my case, anyways.

And if you’re gonna pick me up on non-word usage, get it right: I say ‘ima,’ not ‘imma.’ Coz that’d be silly. ?

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 2

Wow some of the chat in this thread is...different 

Tracc is immature and a little bit of a pest around the club (heard many players say that he's always stirring players and even coaches up). In fact, I remember a few years ago there was a short clip of him joking that he's been eating Maltesers every night to the dietician because he knew he still had a bit of puppy fat on him

But so what? You need someone like this around. 

After games he's always laughing, hugging, having fun and enjoying himself 

Sad that people think players have be one dimensional in order to be successful. 

Michael Jordon, LeBron James, David Beckham, Steph Curry, Roger Federer, Magic Johnson are all players who can have a laugh/joke but flick the switch when needed. Not saying he will get to their level of greatness but this is who he is

Let him be him and enjoy his life 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, kev martin said:

Since seeing Tracc miked up at training, a little thing has been gnawing me. “I hate these things”, or something like that, he said when planking.

I wonder why he didn't use more positive language. Such as;

This will help me break through the pain walls.

I'll do another minute, that way I'm sure to get the better of “add oppos stars”.

I'll push through easily, then when you are under pressure Clarry, I can make skittles of your opponents.

Not only that, but I can't see how the negative helps. Drains himself and others of energy.

I know some of it was with humour, “I'm shaking”, but I expect our leaders to go the extra miles and drag the younger ones with them.

Someone needs to take him aside and tell him about how to help push himself and others through the pain.

You don’t mention the encouragement he gave Laurie , typical

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kev martin said:

Not just nuffies, but opposition players could niggle about being both mentally and physically soft, if they watched and listened to him train.

If I was playing against him, would whisper, they'll make you plank if you fumble this. Every missed opportunity and its, that pain is effecting you, the track is waiting. All to distract and get in his head.

Would love to see him angry and really put some pain on the opponents.

He should be an enforcer and give Clarry and the lighter bodies some assistance. Hip and shoulder to the taggers, he is solid enough.

Nuffies will have opinions. I take that mantle with the positive gist you may have meant.

I highly highly doubt opposition players are logging onto the MFC website and watching a miked up Petracca.

Players have better things to do on their spare time.

Just saying.

• Like 1

@kev martin In defence of Trac, he didn’t select which clips got broadcast.  Who knows what the club is trying to show.  
As far as his form goes, my concern is that he is a power player, and should be playing 80%-85% game time.  He is consistently over 90% game time.  If you compare him to other elite power mids from other clubs it’s too much.  I’m a bit concerned that he is not at his best right now, and will not be at his best come finals if he continues to get flogged. Same goes for Max.

• Like 1

This is peak Demonland, right here. 

1). He knows he’s being filmed for “light entertainment” purposes so is obviously hamming it up a bit. 

2). Why the hell am I bothering writing any more than what I’ve already said?

At least you have to admit he’s showing far more discipline than Gary Ablett did before the ‘89 grand final when he showed up late and ate an entire bbq chicken in the change rooms. 

Ok I’ll admit that story is entirely irrelevant. I just like thinking about it sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

This is peak Demonland, right here. 

1). He knows he’s being filmed for “light entertainment” purposes so is obviously hamming it up a bit. 

2). Why the hell am I bothering writing any more than what I’ve already said?

At least you have to admit he’s showing far more discipline than Gary Ablett did before the ‘89 grand final when he showed up late and ate an entire bbq chicken in the change rooms. 

Ok I’ll admit that story is entirely irrelevant. I just like thinking about it sometimes. 

Thanks. Now I’m starving.

3 hours ago, don cordner said:

You don’t mention the encouragement he gave Laurie , typical

I think he is great at supporting and encouraging his mates.

I remember the team song and Chandler, where he was very nurturing, it shows he has high emotional intelligence and empathy. 

He gets around all of them.

My point was more about, is he getting physically lazy or acting inappropriately when the going gets tough.

Edited by kev martin

27 minutes ago, homsar said:

Wow

What do you mean?

Do you mean, I shouldn't talk about Tracc.

So many of you attack the writer and not the substance.

Something is wrong with that!

Humiliate to prove your point, though I don't know what your point is.

I wonder who is the pointless one?

Me for talking about something a bit obscure, or some who call for nuffies, or say nothing to see here.

Hardly any response about;

training ethics,

complaining when training and the effects on others,

Tracc's slight form slump, 

Tracc missing his hit up kicks into the 50,

Tracc having entitlement mind set,

playing with smiles and not anger,

I could have included our poor clearances and some selfishness entering our game.

But many want to say nuffie, irrelevant and we as a collective have proven you wrong through mockery.

I still don't know who the we are.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I highly highly doubt opposition players are logging onto the MFC website and watching a miked up Petracca.

Players have better things to do on their spare time.

Just saying.

Damn right they do.
Playstation, Xbox and PC gaming.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, demonstone said:

You're welcome to talk about Tracc.  But Kev, seriously mate ...

w3HEhIE.jpg

Seem some are having a go about no substance. 

I think training reflects our gameday performance. 

What is wrong with the little stuff. Gave me an in to talk about him.

Especially since he is doing plenty of media and looking after sponsors,  and the team has "dropped off" in performance. 

When he is peak, we win and I was looking for a cause to his slight form shift.

I feel that is the mountain.   

Edited by kev martin

12 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Seem some are having a go about no substance. 

I think training reflects our gameday performance. 

What is wrong with the little stuff. Gave me an in to talk about him.

Especially since he is doing plenty of media and looking after sponsors,  and the team has "dropped off" in performance. 

When he is peak, we win and I was looking for a cause to his slight form shift.

I feel that is the mountain.   

This is clutching at some major straws

Tracc still has a lot to learn and areas of improvement, but having a crack at him for having a laugh and enjoying himself is outrageous

I guess you've never had a laugh/joke at work right? 

And how is the team "dropping off" solely on Tracc? Moreover how is this incident even remotely related? 

If you're going to be critical of him (which is fine as long as it's not personal) then have a go at his kicking efficiency, his accuracy for goals and maybe his ability to sometimes do too much

21 minutes ago, WA Demon Boy said:

If you're going to be critical of him (which is fine as long as it's not personal) then have a go at his kicking efficiency, his accuracy for goals and maybe his ability to sometimes do too much

Training standards are important. 

Light banter is great in the recovery time, but when in the act I don’t think it is appreciated especially when it is about struggling. Not so outrageous an opinion, I reckon, though more of a exaggeration, of an assumption, from a little snippet

I also wonder if that kicking is about his mental strength, which could also be reflected in his lack mental fortitude to push through exercises.

I agree that he attempts to do too much at times, and that's when he gets a bit panicky.

Addit: I don't work, haven't for at least 20 years. We aren't all made of the same stuff. Let's hear it for group diversity. Hip hip, ... 

Edited by kev martin

22 hours ago, kev martin said:

Since seeing Tracc miked up at training, a little thing has been gnawing me. “I hate these things”, or something like that, he said when planking.

I wonder why he didn't use more positive language. Such as;

This will help me break through the pain walls.

I'll do another minute, that way I'm sure to get the better of “add oppos stars”.

I'll push through easily, then when you are under pressure Clarry, I can make skittles of your opponents.

Not only that, but I can't see how the negative helps. Drains himself and others of energy.

I know some of it was with humour, “I'm shaking”, but I expect our leaders to go the extra miles and drag the younger ones with them.

Someone needs to take him aside and tell him about how to help push himself and others through the pain.

Yeah that’s why we lost on the weekend

3 minutes ago, Billy said:

Yeah that’s why we lost on the weekend

Gee, if he hit up Max in the last (overcooked his pass), we may have got over the line.

I think it is about mental strength and mental agility. 

This can be developed or show cracks in the training process. I see cracks in that regard.

Edited by kev martin

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

Gee, if he hit up Max in the last (overcooked his pass), we may have got over the line.

Come on Kev now you’re really clutching at straws

So you’re telling me that if he pushed through the plank without complaining he would’ve hit Max on the chest.

4 hours ago, Watson11 said:

@kev martin In defence of Trac, he didn’t select which clips got broadcast.  Who knows what the club is trying to show.  
As far as his form goes, my concern is that he is a power player, and should be playing 80%-85% game time.  He is consistently over 90% game time.  If you compare him to other elite power mids from other clubs it’s too much.  I’m a bit concerned that he is not at his best right now, and will not be at his best come finals if he continues to get flogged. Same goes for Max.

I don't mind him "resting" as a forward, which must increase his game time. 

Can also help him develop his forward craft in order to be a maestro/elite.

I think his best will come.

Am looking forward to seeing it happen against Port.

Edited by kev martin